PDA

View Full Version : Petition to make the 3 3/4 Joe Colton figure an affordable store exclusive!

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
02-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Leave a message in this thread to make the Joe Colton figure (a convention exclusive) available on the club store for an affordable price.
Saaaaay, not dissimilar to the prices given to the FSS figures in the club store. I don't want to fight the administration on this, but having at the convention only seems like a real burn. At least, what I've read indicates that it will be at the convention only. This thread is to:
PUT JOE COLTON IN THE CLUB STORE
- and -
MAKE HIM AN AFFORDABLE EXCLUSIVE.

Sign away ladies and gentlemen!

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
02-10-2014, 02:29 PM
This is Ian Stoops' signature for making Joe Colton an affordable Club Store exclusive.

julestobin@gmail.com
02-11-2014, 08:20 AM
Be strong Cloaked Raven.... Just like the 't-shirt' and ''apparel''........ It WILL be an option in the HOMEFRONT HERO PACKAGE.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
02-13-2014, 09:25 PM
At, 370 dead presidents or so? eeks.

fmlouder2000@yahoo.com
02-14-2014, 07:48 AM
Make him an affordable exclusive

maximusprime87@yahoo.com
02-14-2014, 11:04 AM
If he's an option in the home front hero package that should keep him well within the budget! As a new member i'm excited to see how things work as far as what convention items are available for members that are not able to attend the actual con. The fact that I have a shot at anything before the sometimes 100% secondary mark up is a bit of a relief.

nfattore@wideopenwest.com
02-15-2014, 11:05 AM
I could get behind this idea. The Colton figure is amazing, and it would be very popular as a club exclusive.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
02-15-2014, 12:24 PM
I don't think this is going to happen. The Club always makes some things that are ONLY for the convention (unless they don't sell out, then they get rid of them in the club store). They want to encourage people to go to the convention. I may not like missing out on some of the exclusives, but I understand why they do it.
Maybe what we should ask for it a DIFFERENT Colton figure, so the convention figure is still exclusive to the convention. I would buy a 50th Anniversary Green Beret Joe Colton figure based on the tiger stripe camo uniform of the 12" figure.

the_doc@suddenlink.net
02-22-2014, 06:38 AM
Nonsense.

All members should have the right to good stuff, not just the people who have the deep pockets for travel. A lot of us fans are poor but honest folk who have kept the Joe fires burning in our hearts just as brightly as the richer collectors who can afford the rather exorbitant sums of money this stuff goes for. And we deserve equal consideration.

Everyone should have the right to cool stuff.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
02-22-2014, 09:07 AM
Nonsense.

All members should have the right to good stuff, not just the people who have the deep pockets for travel. A lot of us fans are poor but honest folk who have kept the Joe fires burning in our hearts just as brightly as the richer collectors who can afford the rather exorbitant sums of money this stuff goes for. And we deserve equal consideration.

You have plenty of rights in this country, but when it comes to toys, none of us has the right to anything unless you have the money for it. I don't have the right to a Ferrari just because I have had posters on my wall and been a fan since I was a kid. For the record, I cannot afford to go to JoeCon either, so I am not getting this figure, and I'm not trying to offend anyone, or say you SHOULDN'T be able to buy this stuff, I am just trying to be realistic. The Club has reasons for some things being exclusive to JoeCon, so I have to accept that, even if I miss out on some toys. I was suggesting the Club offer a similar (but different) figure to the rest of us in the club store, so they can still have their convention exclusive, and everyone wins.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
02-22-2014, 05:59 PM
I was suggesting the Club offer a similar (but different) figure to the rest of us in the club store, so they can still have their convention exclusive, and everyone wins.

Gen. Joe Colton, in a, wait for it...

...brown suit!

tachyonblade@hotmail.com
02-24-2014, 11:56 PM
The vagaries of capitalism aside. It would be really nice if non-attending members did have an option to purchase the convention exclusives. We pay for membership in the club, in part, to have access to just these kinds of items. Living in Japan means that it is virtually impossible for me to attend the event in the US.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
02-25-2014, 04:29 AM
It's either the Homefront Heros or the Base Commander package buddy. Shuck up for either one of those, and they'll send one to you.

odb360@live.com
02-25-2014, 09:42 AM
I understand a lot of the frustration about shucking out the big bucks for the travelling and getting exclusives and what not as I have been trying to go for the better part of a decade. Through some act of fate there have always been something to hold me back like illness, unemployment, employment, family matters, and so on but this year finally gets to be my first year going and these exclusives are gonna be somewhat like a reward for 10 years of effort and by just making the exclusives, non-exclusive would sort of take some of the reward factor of going away from the attendees...That being said though, I have to say that I would be down for the store to do variants of exclusives and that way they have a catalog of figures to sell online, the con attendees still get their exclusives, and now attendees have a chance to get some of the same figures just a variant of...

wishful_sinful@hotmail.com
02-25-2014, 09:49 AM
There would be no reason to have a convention to attend if everything that was exclusive to the convention was sold in the club store. Attendance would drop off to nothing if everyone could simply get the souvenirs that way. Obtaining these items is one of the perks of attending JoeCon and what you suggest would probably signal the end of a joecon to attend. why go in person if you can get everything and not have to go. Odds are the Homefront Heroes will be able to get the set (12" or 3-3/4") and a t-shirt, but i doubt other exclusives will be available without attending.

morgardee@hotmail.com
03-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Nonsense.

I do agree with this for the simple fact that I've been a paying member for years. Paying members should have a chance at this figure as well. I've been to some conventions but I can't afford to go every year, so i have to space out my visits. I've been 3 times and will probably go again, when it make financial sense and doesn't replace family events.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
03-04-2014, 07:48 PM
There would be no reason to have a convention to attend if everything that was exclusive to the convention was sold in the club store. Attendance would drop off to nothing if everyone could simply get the souvenirs that way. Obtaining these items is one of the perks of attending JoeCon and what you suggest would probably signal the end of a joecon to attend. why go in person if you can get everything and not have to go. Odds are the Homefront Heroes will be able to get the set (12" or 3-3/4") and a t-shirt, but i doubt other exclusives will be available without attending.

But I've read so much about meeting other joe collectors, meeting voice actors, meeting hasbro employees old and new, and the trading floor as being the best part of the con. Not the exclusives. Besides, they could still give the freebie away at the con and not offer it at the store.

Seriously though, I understand the reason for the exclusives is to show appreciation for the attendees. It just ***** to see most of these exclusives be offered on ebay at prices that are insane. But I doubt we will ever see any con exclusives at the club store. Besides, the scalpers would be absolutely furious if the club did. ex. Bear Trap second run! Thanks for that by the way!

jimsnow70@aol.com
03-10-2014, 06:23 PM
I'm an opener, so let the carded version be sold at the convention and let us poor folk get a bagged version with filecard. I'm not proud...

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
04-01-2014, 06:24 PM
;) It would be AWESOME if the club offered a variation of 3-3/4" Joe Colton in a different colored suit! (black, gray, tan...)

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
04-01-2014, 07:02 PM
;) It would be AWESOME if the club offered a variation of 3-3/4" Joe Colton in a different colored suit! (black, gray, tan...)

70's style plaid. 443