PDA

View Full Version : February 2018 updates

funpubincadmin
02-01-2018, 12:01 PM
We hope to see you all at this final G.I. Joe Collector's Club (GIJoeCon) Convention in June!

Convention set registrations are severely depleted after almost 2 days!

The American Hero's Golden Ticket packages are sold out. The Thursday Custom Class is sold out. The Homefront Hero's packages are sold out. The American Hero packages are 60% sold through. The General's Golden Ticket packages are 97% sold through. The General's packages are 35% sold through. The Base Commander's packages are 30% sold through. The Marauders' loose sets are 90% sold through.

If we have sets available when we get closer to the convention, we will move them to the non-attending cue. Currently, we must keep them in the attending cue for members that are coming to the convention.

The Staybridge Hotel is out of rooms in the block and we are trying to have some more added. If you need a room, try them again tomorrow. Please let us know if you have any issues.

Don't miss out! We want to see all of you at this final celebration this year! GIJoeCon.com (http://gijoecon.com/)

rjhiii@sover.net
02-01-2018, 12:07 PM
What does it take for the Club to order a reissue of more sets? As one of the first day Homefront Heroes registrants, I can wait a little longer than normal for my set if they want to order a second run and use mine at the Con, and so they can fill more orders. Two things though, I don't want to lose my first day status as I did pony up on the first day, and second I would ask that they consider a preorder for any other exclusive figures as well for attendees. Want to make this the best GI Joe Club convention ever, then satisfy all the members needs and don't leave any of us out in the cold...

kelty11@verizon.net
02-01-2018, 02:32 PM
I agree with any idea to make the souvenirs available as pre-order items. Since those the last year, what’s the harm. So there will be a few disgruntled scalpers.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-01-2018, 02:40 PM
"A few disgruntled scalpers". Oh, that is gold. It would be about time they get gouged rather than us individuals who, for what ever reason cannot attend the show and have been getting hosed for years on eBay.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-01-2018, 03:12 PM
and the Club can make extra money on us.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-01-2018, 04:35 PM
I'm going just because it is the last one, might as well attend it since Hasbro is taking back the license. Be fun to see a new city like Chattanooga, too.

ozcouple@live.com
02-01-2018, 06:16 PM
and the Club can make extra money on us.

It's the perk of showing up to their con, guys. Just the way it works.

davide.romanello@gmail.com
02-02-2018, 04:37 AM
Please when should registration period be over? In order to understand when extra HfH could be available..

GIJCC_Staff
02-02-2018, 02:24 PM
Registration ends about 3 weeks before the con.

mlandvick@gmail.com
02-02-2018, 06:19 PM
Any update on the set sales? I don’t get paid till Monday, I really want to order both sets 12” and 3 3/4!

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-02-2018, 09:41 PM
Any chance the Sarge might come?

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
02-03-2018, 05:52 AM
Will fss 6 shipment be shipping this month? I know the club is busy with the convention registration

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
02-03-2018, 01:06 PM
Will fss 6 shipment be shipping this month? I know the club is busy with the convention registration

People have already reported shipping notifications from USPS & Fedex on another fan site so expect a shipment within the next 2 weeks. No one has received any product for the FSS 6.4 shipment yet, but it will happen soon.

mlandvick@gmail.com
02-03-2018, 03:37 PM
Anybody got an update on set sales? Admin?

bdwhite79@gmail.com
02-04-2018, 01:03 AM
Any chance the Sarge might come?

I second that! I would LOVE to get to finally meet my favorite G.I. Joe!

funpubincadmin
02-06-2018, 12:13 PM
Registration update sent:

We hope to see all of you at the final Collector's Club G.I. Joe Convention in June!

What a great weekend this will be!

After registration being available for only ONE week, the response has surpassed even our strongest past shows:

The American Hero's Golden Ticket packages are sold out. The Thursday Custom Class is sold out. There are 12 seats in the Wednesday Class available. The Homefront Hero's packages are sold out. The American Hero packages are 90% sold through (not many left). The General's Golden Ticket packages are sold out. The General's packages are 60% sold through. The Base Commander's packages are 45% sold through. The Marauders' loose sets are sold out.

If we have sets available when we get closer to the convention, we will move them to the non-attending cue. Currently, we must keep them in the attending cue for members that are coming to the convention.

We have added more rooms at the Staybridge Hotel, please use the information at GIJoeCon.com. If you have a problem with getting a room, please let know as we think they can still add some more rooms to the block.

If you collect GI Joe, you owe it to yourself and your collecting friends to be at this show! GIJoeCon.com (http://gijoecon.com/)

heathernjohn7@sbcglobal.net
02-07-2018, 03:18 PM
Registration update sent:

We hope to see all of you at the final Collector's Club G.I. Joe Convention in June!

What a great weekend this will be!

After registration being available for only ONE week, the response has surpassed even our strongest past shows:

The American Hero's Golden Ticket packages are sold out. The Thursday Custom Class is sold out. There are 12 seats in the Wednesday Class available. The Homefront Hero's packages are sold out. The American Hero packages are 90% sold through (not many left). The General's Golden Ticket packages are sold out. The General's packages are 60% sold through. The Base Commander's packages are 45% sold through. The Marauders' loose sets are sold out.

We have added more rooms at the Staybridge Hotel, please use the information at GIJoeCon.com. If you have a problem with getting a room, please let know as we think they can still add some more rooms to the block.

If you collect GI Joe, you owe it to yourself and your collecting friends to be at this show! GIJoeCon.com (http://gijoecon.com/)

I just called Staybridge, and they do not know about an additional block. All rooms in the GI Joe block are sold out. They tried to sell me a room at Holiday Inn. Very disappointed.

GIJCC_Staff
02-13-2018, 08:58 AM
All rooms are sold out at the Staybridge. They don't have anything to add to the block.

The Sarge will not be at the show as this is a contractual issue. We can't use his likeness.

autobotcitycomics@hotmail.com
02-13-2018, 03:26 PM
All rooms are sold out at the Staybridge. They don't have anything to add to the block.

The Sarge will not be at the show as this is a contractual issue. We can't use his likeness.

Ok if you (club & Hasbro) can’t book him what if an individual did ? And got a booth at the con for him ? Is that a possibility?

rjhiii@sover.net
02-13-2018, 04:03 PM
or what if he is "voice actor" Robert Remus?

dgmgundam@yahoo.com
02-13-2018, 05:37 PM

Isn’t it a little late now to say you can’t use his likeness or that he won’t be a guest at the show? You said Sgt Smasher (the foreign release of Slaughter) would be in the box set which led people to believe his likeness could be used. Perhaps, you should have been clear about these things *before* we bought out the box set.

Please don’t quote me as the forum reveals a poster’s email addresses when quoted.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-13-2018, 05:55 PM
Yeah, you guys are going to have to address whose likeness Sgt. Smasher will be.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-13-2018, 06:42 PM
I have to mostly agree with Superjoe74 here. I'm not even attending the convention and suddenly have concerns over this "Sgt. Smasher" figure. While the name is different, the "likeness" (That is to say the image of the figure) is surely that of "Sgt. Slaughter". Now, I also own at least one modern era Sarge, but this feels a little disappointing at least until we see the figure. The fan rage if it is anything other than a "true" Smasher (again a direct repaint of the original Slaughter look) will be absolutely horrifying.

ATBotts78@gmail.com
02-14-2018, 09:34 AM
So if he cannot attend and his likeness cannot be used, why use Sgt. Smasher, and not someone like Major Barrage who’s filecard totally fits and makes perfect sense in this scenario and convention story / theme? Or repaint a Viper in Marauder Colors and stick Mercer’s head on it?

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-14-2018, 10:03 AM
I think we need someone at the Club to address what "likeness" means in this case. If they can do a simple repaint of the already produced likenesses from SDCC then that might be fine. If it's a DIFFERENT HEAD on the same body from the SDCC Slaughters then that's a major problem.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-14-2018, 10:54 AM
I think we need someone at the Club to address what "likeness" means in this case. If they can do a simple repaint of the already produced likenesses from SDCC then that might be fine. If it's a DIFFERENT HEAD on the same body from the SDCC Slaughters then that's a major problem.

unless an alternate head is provided, but not advertised, or marketed as... Sort of the way that Wreckage got his Sabertooth stand in the Tiger Force Con set. A way to pay homage, but not offer directly to avoid TM,copyright infringement issues. Of course Robert Remus does own his likeness which makes things stickier than the Wreckage/Sabertooth workaround

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-14-2018, 11:49 AM
unless an alternate head is provided, but not advertised, or marketed as... Sort of the way that Wreckage got his Sabertooth stand in the Tiger Force Con set. A way to pay homage, but not offer directly to avoid TM,copyright infringement issues. Of course Robert Remus does own his likeness which makes things stickier than the Wreckage/Sabertooth workaround

If the club doesn't have the rights to repaint and reproduce that SDCC figure... why do this set at all?

rjhiii@sover.net
02-14-2018, 12:23 PM
I would speculate, but we are not suppose to question the tastes, interests or motives of those who may personally wanted these updates. It would be in my opinion the same reason that we have so many post 1990 figures updated before the true run of pre 1990 was finished.

Plus it was a way to give some people one last shot at Footloose, but unless they up the numbers of these sets- those that got shut out of this set might have a better chance finding the original Club Membership figure cheaper...

c.j.lloyd1@juno.com
02-14-2018, 08:09 PM
What is the approximate time frame for starting shipments of FSS 7.0? Thanks.

ttchicken@hotmail.com
02-14-2018, 08:39 PM
I've been to a couple of past conventions (Disney in 2004 and Atlanta in 2007), and had a blast. I can't make it to this one, which is a shame seeing as how it is the last one. It would be great, however, to get one of the green t-shirts from the convention. If anyone can pick up an extra one for me, please send me a message. Thanks.

autobotcitycomics@hotmail.com
02-15-2018, 04:46 AM
What is the approximate time frame for starting shipments of FSS 7.0? Thanks.

Should go out right after 6.0 finishes, I believe that’s what they said in last years panel

ozcouple@live.com
02-18-2018, 09:37 PM
I'm the rare guy who wants Smasher to be a 100% new character, 180 degrees different from Slaughter.

I may even be on this island by myself, lol.

ATBotts78@gmail.com
02-18-2018, 09:51 PM
Nope, I’m there with you. If it can’t be Sarge, it shouldn’t be a knock-off. Accept no substitutes. Give us somebody new we can all gauck at and dream up origin stories for. Inspire us.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-19-2018, 01:11 AM
I'm also in the growing minority here. I'm very excited for Sgt. Smasher. I had hoped from the beginning that he would be an all new character and end up being a new favorite.

frederic.papillon@gmail.com
02-19-2018, 08:20 AM
It would be cool to get a new Character.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
02-19-2018, 10:16 AM
I'm also in the growing minority here. I'm very excited for Sgt. Smasher. I had hoped from the beginning that he would be an all new character and end up being a new favorite.

Same here a totally new character is awesome

kelty11@verizon.net
02-19-2018, 10:27 AM

Count me too! I am eagerly awaiting the reveal of this character.

tomwensyel@yahoo.com
02-20-2018, 10:26 AM
I am with all of you!!! I have a SDCC Sgt. Slaughter and love the idea that Sgt. Smasher is a all new character. New recruits on the roster is okay with me!!!

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-20-2018, 11:32 AM
Yeah, such a good use of one of the few remaining club products that end with this year. A new character that absolutely no one requested.

jk.fregia.77@gmail.com
02-20-2018, 11:38 AM
My thought exactly. I was not able to get the SDCC Slaughter and I was hoping this would be my chance.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
02-27-2018, 01:00 PM
Any idea of when we will find out what parts will be needed for the customization class so we can purchase them if we need to?

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
02-27-2018, 02:53 PM
While we're waiting on if you can get more convention sets ordered can we please get any information on fss 6 7 8 etc.