PDA

View Full Version : 2018 GIJoeCon Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

GIJCC_Staff
01-24-2018, 01:34 PM
The Brochure is now on-line. We expect to start registration in about a week. Emails will go out when registration is live.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
01-24-2018, 02:10 PM
I hope the Green Beret Fatigues have pockets.

Not that I'll be able to afford the set, or even go this last year, but I hope the fatigues have pockets.

sheila4420@hotmail.com
01-24-2018, 05:02 PM
I'm very curious to see what this Sgt. Smasher looks like, as well as Hardball as a Marauder. Also want to see if there's any difference in the Mutt and Spirit figures from the BBTS pack versions.

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
01-24-2018, 05:19 PM
I'm very curious to see what this Sgt. Smasher looks like, as well as Hardball as a Marauder. Also want to see if there's any difference in the Mutt and Spirit figures from the BBTS pack versions.

Spirit was the only one of the two that was in the BBTS Pack so it's a matter of how different Spirit is.

charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com
01-24-2018, 05:49 PM
Interesting. More Laser Viper? Why are we getting Lampreys? Are there going to be water vehicles? My choice would have been Python Soldiers or Python Vipers.

codenamegijoe@yahoo.com
01-24-2018, 05:52 PM
Hope we get a Triple T, to go with Sgt Smasher.

rjhiii@sover.net
01-24-2018, 06:13 PM
Interesting. More Laser Viper? Why are we getting Lampreys? Are there going to be water vehicles? My choice would have been Python Soldiers or Python Vipers.

They are making the 2003 Python Patrol Set. Almost can guarantee the two packs and three packs are SAW Vipers and Rock Vipers

j_yoders@hotmail.com
01-24-2018, 06:35 PM
Hoping for Python Rattler and HISS tank of the molds available. NO MORE SKYSTRIKERS, PLEASE!

01-24-2018, 06:39 PM
Now that we know the Convention Set theme & recalling what vehicle molds are available. I present, what I think will be the vehicle exclusive.

Free give away - Marauder's Armadillo
Marauder's HAVOC / AWE Striker
PYTHON Patrol painted Rattler / HISS
3 pack - Python SAW Vipers or Rock Vipers
2 pack - Crankcase & Cross Country
Parachute drop would be Marauder's Rip Cord or Python coloured Wild Weasel

Membership!!! Your thoughts???

sheila4420@hotmail.com
01-24-2018, 06:57 PM
Yeah-I realized i messed up and put Mutt in there. Got confused.

troysheets2001@yahoo.com
01-24-2018, 07:34 PM

I couldn’t agree more the python troopers from the first set are getting harder to find and there has not been a decent modern python viper yet.

I want to see the python patrol vehicles be repainted Joe vehicles of any kind keep that tradition going.

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
01-25-2018, 06:10 AM
Conquest python jet
Conquest vamp/ or havoc
Conquest shark
Marauder havoc/4 x 4 zombie initiative
Marauder new vehicle old mold haven't used yet
Bbq/ low light 2 pack
3 pk conquest soldiers
Copperhead as parachutep

j_yoders@hotmail.com
01-25-2018, 09:09 AM
We already got a python conquest with the 25th anniversary retail (Target) products. Python Rattler, please. Python Copperhead came with the Sting Raider/Water Mocassin .

rjhiii@sover.net
01-25-2018, 09:44 AM
BBQ and Low Light were done for 30th Anniversary BBTS set, PP Troopers were part of the 2011 Con Set.

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
01-25-2018, 09:50 AM
Spirit came with bbts. Rattler was done two years ago as autobot

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
01-25-2018, 10:09 AM
Ok, I’ll take a Python Patrol Eaglehawk!!! It’ll be massively expensive but look amazing!!!

charles.phillips@penske.com
01-25-2018, 10:59 AM
i got a hotel room in Chattanooga, will sign up for the con, but not terribly excited about the set. Will definitely sell the Python Patrol portion and actually hoping that none of the extras are Joes so i don't have to buy them.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
01-25-2018, 11:01 AM
Hope we get a Triple T, to go with Sgt Smasher.

Me too. I would love to see a Triple T in Marauder colors, or even a Warthog. Either one or both woulx be cool.

troysheets2001@yahoo.com
01-25-2018, 11:26 AM
The spirt from bbts sucked and looked nothing close to spirt.

My aversion to more large aircraft aside, I admit that would be ridiculously cool.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
01-25-2018, 11:27 AM
SDCC Rattler was Autobot Powerglide OR a Crimson Guard Rattler depending on which set of stickers (included) you used. It was NOT a Python Patrol Rattler. It was just red, it had none of the anti-radar crosshatching that is ubiquitous to Python Patrol vehicles.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
01-25-2018, 02:39 PM
I'd like to see a Marauder VAMP, but the bigger one. The mold used for the Zombie set. A Pyhton Patrol MOBAT would be really cool.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
01-25-2018, 05:40 PM
It just hit me that a Python Patrol Sky Sweeper (or really the Firebat) with a Python AVAC would be the sickest add-on I can think of.

etquick2003@yahoo.com
01-25-2018, 08:50 PM
It just hit me that a Python Patrol Sky Sweeper (or really the Firebat) with a Python AVAC would be the sickest add-on I can think of.

Oh yeah I'd buy that in a second!

j_yoders@hotmail.com
01-25-2018, 09:50 PM
Rattler, Firebat, I'd be okay with either one. Would be really cool if they had a pyhonized hydrofoil for the Lampreys.

NS550@aol.com
01-26-2018, 04:07 PM
Not excited for this con set. I think everyone's suggestions for a DEF vs Headhunters was a much better idea and gave an opportunity for us to see many characters that still don't have a ME format figure. The thing I liked most about python patrol was the vehicles and those are things we could have gotten in the club store, especially considering python patrol already had a set from the 2011 joecon as well as the conquest jet repaint. I am curious to see what Sgt Smasher looks like, I may be interested in buying one off of someone depending on how he looks. Probably not going to buy the set though.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
01-26-2018, 04:40 PM
DEF vs. Dreadnoks with Headhunters was my fave idea. If we can somehow get a Joecon in 2020 maybe we can get that set.

jimsnow70@aol.com
01-26-2018, 07:41 PM
There's no mention of vehicles in the brochure, just action figure sets.

rjhiii@sover.net
01-26-2018, 09:20 PM
Although on their Facebook page the Club did allude to more than usual souvenirs...

I just wish they would hold some back for general members as well...

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
01-26-2018, 10:20 PM
I wanted red shadows. I don't think the club would be allowed as the leader is featured in the new combined universe. Doing Marauder allowed the club to release hard figure in different to not hurt previous releases

rjhiii@sover.net
01-26-2018, 10:59 PM
It is a way for people to get "SGT Slaughter" errr, I mean "SGT Smasher" and Footloose. The enemy not as thrilling. As I said, I just hope in this abbreviated year of membership, that the extras make their ways to the the membership (homefront heroes at a minimum) as well, before the free for all to grab the one or two left if any from the Con.

c.j.lloyd1@juno.com
01-27-2018, 08:26 AM
I’m excited for the Joes in this Set and Bludd.
I’m not interested in the PP Troops. I’ll sell or trade those off.

Ready for reveals! Show us Sarge.....I mean “Smasher”.

kelty11@verizon.net
01-27-2018, 11:05 AM
DEF vs. Dreadnoks with Headhunters was my fave idea. If we can somehow get a Joecon in 2020 maybe we can get that set.

We're stuck with Hascon now which is terrible to non-attendees. We will now have to rely on HTS for scraps after the con.

c.j.lloyd1@juno.com
01-27-2018, 01:49 PM
#### ## #### #### ##### ####

ATBotts78@gmail.com
01-27-2018, 02:05 PM
Reveals will start after registration goes live. And then we’ll get one or two a week for Feb & March

kelty11@verizon.net
01-28-2018, 11:13 AM
Reveals will start after registration goes live. And then we’ll get one or two a week for Feb & March

They used to lead up to registration will full reveals of all figures. Over the last several years we get maybe one or two reveals and then registration. I don't like having to spend $400+ (increasing every year) without seeing the figures. Also the price is unjustifiable as all the figures are just repaints of existing toolings. The 2011 set was something like $295 (man I wished I had ordered it back then). Why has the price doubled since then? Maybe Sgt. Smasher and Mjr Bludd will justify the higher cost?

c.j.lloyd1@juno.com
01-29-2018, 11:06 AM
I’m hoping they start reveals soon. I prefer to see product before I decide to buy it.
In the case of purchasing a Homefront Hero Set I think it is a good idea to start reveals now.
Hopefully the first reveal is later today.

01-29-2018, 12:26 PM
What build will be used for Sgt. Smasher? Will it be the SDCC Slaughter torso, or will they use a Retaliation Roadblock torso???

skoor.cr@gmail.com
01-29-2018, 05:47 PM
What build will be used for Sgt. Smasher? Will it be the SDCC Slaughter torso, or will they use a Retaliation Roadblock torso???

Lets hope its the Rock/Roadblock torso

ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET
01-29-2018, 06:31 PM
One with a belly I hope. The Rock torso is not what Sarge looked like.

01-29-2018, 06:47 PM
One with a belly I hope. The Rock torso is not what Sarge looked like.

That’s what i’m Hoping for too; The Roadblock torso has been overused.

autobotcitycomics@hotmail.com
01-29-2018, 07:02 PM
That’s what i’m Hoping for too; The Roadblock torso has been overused.

I would like the sdcc slaughter as I never got that figure

c.j.lloyd1@juno.com
01-29-2018, 07:29 PM
I’m hoping for the use of the SDCC body as well.
It’s the most accurate representation of what he looked like.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
01-29-2018, 09:37 PM
The Sarge is still alive, you know. Really hoping for an announcement that Mr. Remus will be a special guest at Joecon this year.

01-30-2018, 04:00 AM
The Sarge is still alive, you know. Really hoping for an announcement that Mr. Remus will be a special guest at Joecon this year.

Now that’s a way to go out is with a guest like that

01-30-2018, 06:03 AM

That is a distinct possibility & one I hope the club can pull off!!!

01-30-2018, 08:15 AM
That is a distinct possibility & one I hope the club can pull off!!!

Well they did pull off Judd Nelson and Frank Welker so it can be done

ATBotts78@gmail.com
01-30-2018, 10:24 AM
Can you imagine him walking out at a panel to a standing ovation that ends when he says, “at ease disease.” And everyone sits down. Then when it’s his time to speak he starts off by saying, “listen up you maggots.” That would be great.

hendersonhr11@Yahoo.com
01-30-2018, 12:05 PM
This is my 1st GiJoecon and want to ensure I get to purchase a registration package. How can I be sure I get the Email?

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
01-30-2018, 04:08 PM
Too bad they didn't go with the BBTS deco. Figures won't fit together now :( unless the other Marauders are attendee exclusives(?).

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
01-30-2018, 04:33 PM
Will those who registered today still get the usual "First Day Pin"? I'm kinda liking the Footloose update, but agree that the BBTS camo would have been a great update.

rjhiii@sover.net
01-30-2018, 05:13 PM
Well I did what I said I wouldn't , and signed up after the first reveal. Footloose is a homerun.

01-30-2018, 05:46 PM
American hero golden ticket is sold out

Thursday custom class is also sold out

c.j.lloyd1@juno.com
01-30-2018, 06:52 PM
I may be in the minority but I for one really like the vintage deco used on Footloose.
I’m a sucker for ARAH accurate product.

tomwensyel@yahoo.com
01-30-2018, 07:21 PM
My kids and I are watching Operation Dragon Fire. Registered earlier for JoeCon, second for my boys and I and the first for my daughter!!! Joes, Cobras and Choo Choos!!!! Chattanooga here we come!!!

skoor.cr@gmail.com
01-30-2018, 07:55 PM
Glad I registered when I did. Got both, and with this being my first and only Joecon I'm happy that I'm going to be able to do what I want on the days I wanted

bradpayne@bellsouth.net
01-30-2018, 08:03 PM
Will the American Hero Package allow me to have a shot at any of the exclusives besides the boxed set? I probably won't buy them all, but would probably like some of them.

c.j.lloyd1@juno.com
01-31-2018, 04:34 AM
Will the American Hero Package allow me to have a shot at any of the exclusives besides the boxed set? I probably won't buy them all, but would probably like some of them.

You will be able to get in line at the Con Club Store to purchase them.
The kicker is you will be behind all the Golden Ticket people.
From my experience there is usually always 1 or 2 items that sell out before I make it to my spot in line.
In recent years that has been either the 2 or 3 packs or bagged/carded parachute figures.

If they bring carded Rock n Roll v2 it will be low QTY so there’s a good chance he will sell quickly.
Recent history shows they keep some of those back for General Club Store online sales but not other Exclusives.

rjhiii@sover.net
01-31-2018, 06:38 AM
Recent history shows they keep some of those back for General Club Store online sales but not other Exclusives.

Which is a sticking point with all the "Homefront Hero set" people. After all our purchases help fund the Convention as well even if we cannot, or choose not to attend. To late now, but I always thought we should be able to sign up for the exclusives and pay a little more.

01-31-2018, 07:31 AM
Home Front Hero set has been ordered!!! Golden Ticket are sold out. Image of SM Footloose is available & looking AWESOME!!!

maximusprime87@yahoo.com
01-31-2018, 08:51 AM
Registration complete! I will officially be attending my first Joecon! Can't wait to experience it first hand instead of just through pictures.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
01-31-2018, 11:36 AM
I would love to attend, if the Sarge is there, but the cost-benefit analysis is tough on this one. You aan't fly directly from Chicago to Chattanooga so the flight's up there in cost and driving is nine hours. Hoping the next few reveals can clear up some of the value of what we'll be getting.

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
01-31-2018, 11:49 AM
Making it a family vacation as their is stuff family can do while I'm partaking in the last con

tomwensyel@yahoo.com
01-31-2018, 12:17 PM
Just booked camping reservations at Raccoon Mountain Park. The family wanted to stay somewhere other than a hotel. We are minutes away from the convention and camping out for the weekend will be a memory maker!!! The kids are already putting together cosplay costumes.At the Indy Joe con my boys were Duke and GungHo. This year my oldest is going as Old Snake, my 10 yr old is Sgt. Slaughter and my daughter is going to be Cover Girl. Now I just have to convince my wife to dress up.

c.j.lloyd1@juno.com
01-31-2018, 01:25 PM
Which is a sticking point with all the "Homefront Hero set" people. After all our purchases help fund the Convention as well even if we cannot, or choose not to attend. To late now, but I always thought we should be able to sign up for the exclusives and pay a little more.

I would tend to agree with you. Seems like a logical idea.

kelty11@verizon.net
01-31-2018, 01:28 PM
Souvenir speculation: obviously we will be getting a saw viper and rock viper but I am also wondering if we will get an additional 3pack of female cobras in PP colors (1 officer and 2 troopers) as well as Low Light and Barbeque. I know these were already released inb2011, but those are not in the traditional color scheme and will not match the Con set colors.

Thoughts?

tomwensyel@yahoo.com
01-31-2018, 01:33 PM
Souvenir speculation: obviously we will be getting a saw viper and rock viper but I am also wondering if we will get an additional 3pack of female cobras in PP colors (1 officer and 2 troopers) as well as Low Light and Barbeque. I know these were already released inb2011, but those are not in the traditional color scheme and will not match the Con set colors.

Thoughts?

I would love to see the 3 pack PP female cobras. I am also hoping for updated SM colored Low Light and Barbeque.

rjhiii@sover.net
01-31-2018, 02:34 PM
Well it looks like all the souvenirs will be figures... and not vehicles...
Which if the Club did not order a lot of extras really, really could hose over the rest of the membership that cannot or does not attend over badly.

funpubincadmin
01-31-2018, 02:54 PM
In the past, as a rule, we have not discussed souvenirs prior to the show in order to maintain excitement and the surprise of finding out at the show. We will continue this policy regarding specific details. We have had several inquires regarding the brochure and we would like to clarify that we have replaced vehicles with several other great items we think you will love.

01-31-2018, 02:58 PM
In the past, as a rule, we have not discussed souvenirs prior to the show in order to maintain excitement and the surprise of finding out at the show. We will continue this policy regarding specific details. We have had several inquires regarding the brochure and we would like to clarify that we have replaced vehicles with several other great items we think you will love.

it is a little sad that we wont be getting any vehicles but I am sure you guys wont disappoint

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
01-31-2018, 03:34 PM
More figures could be nice if we see enough made to give us all a chance rather than the home front heroes getting screwed over in the after market

01-31-2018, 04:57 PM
Question Will the parachute drop be just for golden ticket like the previous two years

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
01-31-2018, 04:59 PM
Well I'm gonna guess there'll be a Low Light/Barbecue in original deco 2 pack and a Saw viper 3pk and a Rock viper 3pk.

01-31-2018, 05:26 PM
Well I'm gonna guess there'll be a Low Light/Barbecue in original deco 2 pack and a Saw viper 3pk and a Rock viper 3pk.

I think we are on the same wave links and I also think the drop figure will windmill in different colors from the fss one we will get

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
01-31-2018, 06:24 PM
So, I just went to check the homefront heroes set and they're sold out, sight unseen no less. Can I get a loose set or are you just leaving those for the resellers?

lukeruzinsky@gmail.com
01-31-2018, 06:26 PM
All signed up and booked my flight from Denver to Chattanooga! Very excited for the last con! I'm hoping for one of the extras to be Barbecue in slaughters marauders colors.

bradpayne@bellsouth.net
01-31-2018, 07:55 PM
Will my 2 year old daughter need to purchase an aide's package or can she just tag along?

02-01-2018, 04:49 AM
So, I just went to check the homefront heroes set and they're sold out, sight unseen no less. Can I get a loose set or are you just leaving those for the resellers?

They might move some over as they have in the past

rjhiii@sover.net
02-01-2018, 09:35 AM
I heard the Homefront Heroes packages have sold out. Any chance of shifting some more from attending to non-attending, or doing second run as has been done in year's past (Operation Bear Trap)? After all it took only two days to sell out and only1 figure reveal (front and back) to do so. I already have my set, but I know a lot of collector's that wait until the reveals are all up to pull the trigger. Also, any chance that the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club can have a special preorder of con exclusives for those that buy the homefront hero sets for after the con. It can be vague in the description of the package like "Homefront Heroes add on exclusive, Pre order a set of all attendee exclusives sold at the Con" Price $330 (usually adds up to around $165 for attendees) and will ship after the convention. Offer only open to members that registered for the convention with an attendee or homefront heroes package. The Golden Tickets are sold out, and since there is no more future Cons doesn't the Club want to go as heroes and not with upset Collectors and fans being shut out?

This would give all attendees a shot at the exclusives, and in preorder format, as an add on to the existing run, would not cost much extra. Like the Homefront Heroes sets, they can be shipped from the manufacturer to the Club directly and shipped to the buyer after the Con at a later date.

Yes I would pre-order at $330 (Club just more than doubled their money on me doing this as well since the set up cost per unit produced now goes down a little... think about it....)

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-01-2018, 09:47 AM
I am going to Chattanooga just to get this set. Honestly, I'm happy vehicles won't be sold at the 'con this year. If this means a few more economical choices then I'm all for it.

Also, does anyone want to car/van pool from the Chicago area to Chattanooga? Flights from here are $400+ roundtrip and with the gas mileage I get it'll be less than $100 for the drive, even though it is an ungodly nine+ hours.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-01-2018, 11:12 AM
Latest email: "I hope to see you all at this final Collector's Club G.I. Joe Convention in June!

Convention set registrations are severely depleted after almost 2 days!

The American Hero's Golden Ticket packages are sold out. The Thursday Custom Class is sold out. The Homefront Hero's packages are sold out. The American Hero packages are 60% sold through. The General's Golden Ticket packages are 97% sold through. The General's packages are 35% sold through. The Base Commander's packages are 30% sold through. The Marauders' loose sets are 90% sold through.

If we have sets available when we get closer to the convention, we will move them to the non-attending cue. Currently, we must keep them in the attending cue for members that are coming to the convention.

The Staybridge Hotel is out of rooms in the block and we are trying to have some more added. If you need a room, try them again tomorrow. Please let us know if you have any issues.

Don't miss out! We want to see all of you at this final celebration this year! GIJoeCon.com

Brian"

What does it take for the Club to order a reissue of more sets? As one of the first day Homefront Heroes registrants, I can wait a little longer than normal for my set if they want to order a second run and use mine at the Con, and so they can fill more orders. Two things though, I don't want to lose my first day status as I did pony up on the first day, and second I would ask that they consider a preorder for any other exclusive figures as well for attendees. Want to make this the best GI Joe Club convention ever, then satisfy all the members needs and don't leave any of us out in the cold...

nicholasprime82@gmail.com
02-01-2018, 01:11 PM
Are the bagged sets now sold out? I couldn't find them in registration.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-01-2018, 02:25 PM
Lamprey preview is up and it looks freaking awesome! Well done on this one.

kelty11@verizon.net
02-01-2018, 02:39 PM
I heard the Homefront Heroes packages have sold out. Any chance of shifting some more from attending to non-attending, or doing second run as has been done in year's past (Operation Bear Trap)? After all it took only two days to sell out and only1 figure reveal (front and back) to do so. I already have my set, but I know a lot of collector's that wait until the reveals are all up to pull the trigger. Also, any chance that the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club can have a special preorder of con exclusives for those that buy the homefront hero sets for after the con. It can be vague in the description of the package like "Homefront Heroes add on exclusive, Pre order a set of all attendee exclusives sold at the Con" Price $330 (usually adds up to around $165 for attendees) and will ship after the convention. Offer only open to members that registered for the convention with an attendee or homefront heroes package. The Golden Tickets are sold out, and since there is no more future Cons doesn't the Club want to go as heroes and not with upset Collectors and fans being shut out?

This would give all attendees a shot at the exclusives, and in preorder format, as an add on to the existing run, would not cost much extra. Like the Homefront Heroes sets, they can be shipped from the manufacturer to the Club directly and shipped to the buyer after the Con at a later date.

Yes I would pre-order at $330 (Club just more than doubled their money on me doing this as well since the set up cost per unit produced now goes down a little... think about it....)

I responded to a similar post in another thread, but agree with you on the pre-order option. I have no problem paying an add

tomwensyel@yahoo.com
02-01-2018, 02:39 PM
Pythonized Lamprey is sweet x's 3!!! My boys just saw the preview and they love it as well!!! Great job on it club!!!!

kelty11@verizon.net
02-01-2018, 02:44 PM

I think it is awesome that we will be getting more figures this year. Truthfully Slaughters Marauders was always associated with large tanks, the molds for which no longer seem available.

Further thoughts
2 Pack classic color Low Light & Barbeque
3 Pack 1 Rock Vipers
3 Pack 2 Saw Vipers
3 Pack 3 female PP Officer & Trooper in classic colors OR
Reissues of 2011 PP Troopers / Tele Vipers

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-01-2018, 04:38 PM
Why not a 3-pack of female PP troopers and an officer?

Also, seriously, if anyone wants to carpool from the Chicago, Indy or even Louisville areas, PM me. Would be fun to meet other collectors and share the drive to the 'con.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
02-01-2018, 06:28 PM
Just saw the Lampry its nice but I think the legs from the 50th Torpedo would look better, but that may just be me. What do you guys think? I mean if your making him a scuba /frog man styled figure baggy pants just seem wrong to me.

gjwermund@gmail.com
02-01-2018, 06:48 PM
Jyoders if you can convince my wife to let me go then I would be up for carpooling sadly she said no.

jk.fregia.77@gmail.com
02-01-2018, 07:10 PM
Please Club, since we are not getting any vehicles; give us some updated PP Officers, Troopers, and Vipers as the add-ons. You could make so much money if you made extras of those figures and sold them in the club store for people that are unable to attend. I personally would spend to much money on them, and I know other would do the same if you produced them.

troysheets2001@yahoo.com
02-01-2018, 08:23 PM
Lamprey will always be a boat pilot to me.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-01-2018, 08:36 PM
I fully understand the concept of it being a "perk" that the items are usually at the show only. I just think athat with this being the final convention, there should be some concession made for those who can't attend. You really can't give a logical explanation for why any of us should miss out on these items.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-02-2018, 06:03 AM
Well, technically the fact that you can't attend, and they are for attendees as you've just explained, IS a logical explanation.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-02-2018, 06:56 AM
Only one is usually listed as the attendee exclusive, the others are "convention exclusives" which means they are produced for and around the convention. Meaning if you register to buy a set in support of the convention, whether attending or not they should be available. Again convention exclusive is different than attendee exclusive, it could mean unveiled at the convention, could be cheaper at the convention, could be available only at the convention. I would suggest, that the Club look to make more a little more revenue in its last year, and allow a preorder to those "registering", whether homefront or attending to have the opportunity for the exclusives, again minus the attendee exclusive, which will have to be picked up at the show or on the secondary market.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-02-2018, 07:08 AM
"Meaning if you register to buy a set in support of the convention, whether attending or not they should be available." Interesting attempt at wordsmithing. I've just never seen that happen before. What three-pack, two-pack or vehicle that sold-out at the convention has EVER been sold elsewhere by the club? The ones that are left over, of course, go to the club store but those are, well, ones that didn't sell out originally at the convention.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-02-2018, 07:28 AM
A lot of convention exclusives are held back for later sale- SDCC for instance. The Missile Command sold out the the Con, was put on line sold out online, was sold at HasCon, and then the remainder was sold online. SDCC exclusives are always available elsewhere (and for the same price not a mark up- we are willing to pay a mark up) after the event. Speaking of HasCon, all of their exclusives for SDCC and HasCon briefly showed up at Hasbro Toy Shop as well. In fact the Optimus Prime Power Bank figure probably is still on there. We are asking to add a few in a preorder to the run (pre-sold like the convention sets). If they ran a larger number and they made it to the store (like other conventions exclusives) they are a free for all, with F5 and resellers buying them all if there is no limit. But other Cons do have exclusives available afterwards, even the Club as you pointed out. We are offering a way to keep more members happy, keep the benefit of attending (exclusive lower price, and the single attendee exclusive (freebie) still available) and for the Club to make more money in its swan song.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-02-2018, 08:57 AM
SDCC items are not Joecon exclusives at all they are SDCC exclusives. You are confusing two VASTLY different conventions and two different types of conventions. Joecon is run by FP and produced entirely by the official GI Joe Club. SDCC is run by the non-profit Comic-Con organization and is an international pop culture event with TONS of exhibitors of everything from movie studios to publishers. Everything from Lego to Barbie creates exclusives for SDCC and they have tons of employees and budget to produce those sets. HasCon is run by a large, mulitnational corporation, Hasbro, but even that pales in comparison to the scale of comicon. I think you seriously overestimate FP's ability to just produce another "run." FP is literally run out of Brian's house. With everything else they're doing this year (three FSS for instance) I can't imagine anyone who works for FP having a moment to spare to work on producing more. Sorry, I know it's not what anyone wants to hear, but I think you have to look at the side of the hard-working people who have brought us the club we all like for so many years and have given us, well, everything we wanted in FSSes and club exclusives in this very packed last year.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-02-2018, 09:01 AM
If there's any possible way, I think David, Brian et al will make it happen, don't get me wrong, but I'm just saying temper your expectations because it's very likely not possible.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-02-2018, 09:16 AM
I am not confusing the very different Cons, I know what each are. I am just saying "Con Exclusives" do not necessarily mean only sold at the Convention itself. Also I work in manufacturing, I know when "added runs" can or cannot be produced. Since these probably are not in production there could be time to up the order. I also understand if they are already run and a new line has been set up, it is very cost prohibitive to do so as you basically have all the set up charges again, which means another full minimum run. It is a phone call and a change order on the original Purchase Order. The only thing you have correct, is it might not happen because if the exclusives have already been run, or worse run and shipped the costs are way to prohibitive. I am just offering outside of the usual thinking alternatives. People become set in their ways and do things the exact same way because they think it is easier or too hard to change, not necessarily because it actually is.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-02-2018, 09:26 AM
"I am just saying "Con Exclusives" do not necessarily mean only sold at the Convention itself." It always has at Joecon unless there were leftovers from the run that are then sold in the club store. Always. It's to incentivize actual attendance and I have no problem with that. I'll leave the "the only thing you have correct" stuff to you, but I just think you're looking at this in a very, very entitled manner. If it's not cost prohibitive and you know so much about how the business is run, after, all, why don't you just do it yourself? I, for one, am very happy with the service the Club provides us.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-02-2018, 09:39 AM
I want to chime in one last time, at least in this thread and actually echo jyoders19 here for a moment. I'd like to be among those who will thank Brian Savage and the entire team at Fun Publications, Inc. I will be forever grateful for the 25 years of dedication they have shown to keeping our favorite figure alive and well. I missed a few conventions along the way and, while I know many of my figures were purchased from after market sources, I have been grateful they were ever made at all. I'm going to miss the club. I'm going to miss getting that box every month with two new favorite figures to play with and display. I am going to miss the speculation around con time. I'm even going to miss all of you and these discussions. Let's keep it friendly and remember that at the end of it all, we're still just a bunch of kids playing with our toys!

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-02-2018, 10:18 AM
;):o Cannnot possibly give Crimson Officer's post enough love.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-02-2018, 10:22 AM
I am grateful for the Club, and not entitled at all. I will (and have bought them on the secondary market) and understand capitalism vs scalping. What I was suggesting was a way for the Club to maximize its bottom line and give more members a thank you for your support gesture. Sorry that was read as anti club. Just because something is always done a certain way, doesn't mean it is the only or best way. In the end it might be, but unless you actually explore the other options you will never know. As for the Con, it will be well attended as the hotels have sold out and more space has been requested, the Homefront sets, bagged sets, and 60% of the other 3 3/4" con sets have sold out and this is under 4 days of a month long registration period. Higher demand and short supply means an expensive secondary market plain and simple, which means a lot of con goers, and members will be shut out. I already know half a dozen members who always wait until all the reveals are up who are shocked they have basically been locked out if they cannot find a way to attend. Again there is an additional opportunity, and yes Brian, Dave, Karen and the rest of the Fun Pub team have better insight into what if any additional numbers could be ordered. I speak, not as a toy manufacturing expert, but from a general manufacturing perspective it is easier and cheaper for me to add onto an order before or during production, then afterwards because I minimize additional shipping costs, and eliminate additional set up costs.

axonrey@gmail.com
02-02-2018, 12:23 PM
Perhaps, an oversimplification, but it seems to me that if one is a registered attendee, the Club should take every possible step to ensure that the opportunity to buy exclusives is extended to them. Not homefront heroes, not general admittees, mind you. And that's not really entitlement, that's kind of what you're paying for...

rjhiii@sover.net
02-02-2018, 12:29 PM
Perhaps, an oversimplification, but it seems to me that if one is a registered attendee, the Club should take every possible step to ensure that the opportunity to buy exclusives is extended to them. Not homefront heroes, not general admittees, mind you. And that's not really entitlement, that's kind of what you're paying for...

I can agree with this, instead of the Homefront Hero, I would register for the attending package and just have it mailed after the Con as some others do. All it would cost me is more freight.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
02-02-2018, 01:18 PM
I want to chime in one last time, at least in this thread and actually echo jyoders19 here for a moment. I'd like to be among those who will thank Brian Savage and the entire team at Fun Publications, Inc. I will be forever grateful for the 25 years of dedication they have shown to keeping our favorite figure alive and well. I missed a few conventions along the way and, while I know many of my figures were purchased from after market sources, I have been grateful they were ever made at all. I'm going to miss the club. I'm going to miss getting that box every month with two new favorite figures to play with and display. I am going to miss the speculation around con time. I'm even going to miss all of you and these discussions. Let's keep it friendly and remember that at the end of it all, we're still just a bunch of kids playing with our toys!

Amen brother! I may have only been a member for the last few years finding out about the club through the after market, but I look at my collection and think if it wasn't for the club how many figures would never have been made. Thank you Fun pub for allowing myself and each and every member the opportunity to revisit and relive our childhoods.

c.j.lloyd1@juno.com
02-04-2018, 10:03 AM
I bet Smasher & Bludd are the last two reveals. I’m ready to see the rest of the set.

ATBotts78@gmail.com
02-04-2018, 03:21 PM
I agree, they will probably be last. Hopefully Major Blood is an awesome new head sculpt. I wonder if any of the other marauders will have new heads?

c.j.lloyd1@juno.com
02-05-2018, 10:10 AM
I would imagine we will see Mutt or Spirit today.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-05-2018, 03:44 PM
Mutt it is. Love what they've done with him. Junkyard? Ehh, could've been better.

hb_chris@hotmail.com
02-05-2018, 04:07 PM
Man, I just hope they increase the production run on sets like they have in past years. I'd still like to get the 3-3/4" set and can't believe it sold out in less than 2 day for non-attendees.

jk.fregia.77@gmail.com
02-05-2018, 05:00 PM
Please club, increase the production on the boxed and bagged sets. Most of cant afford paying $600 for one of these on eBay.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-05-2018, 05:08 PM
Now I am glad I jumped on the set in the first day. Mutt and Junkyard have always been favorite figures to me. This version looks great. He actually looks a lot like a police officer and K-9.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-05-2018, 07:41 PM
Does anybody know what mold that is they used for Junkyard? It looks like the body is the Timber or Law mold and the ears and tail have just been sanded down or replaced to make it look like a doberman. The nose is all wrong

c.j.lloyd1@juno.com
02-05-2018, 08:27 PM
I like Mutt as well. I’m digging the vintage deco. Glad they chose that. Hopefully another reveal tomorrow!
Keep them coming!

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-05-2018, 09:04 PM
I get that it's the same as the 25th anniversary junkyard but I never really dug that one and was hoping for a better version.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-06-2018, 01:47 PM
It's the exact same mold as the 25th Junkyard. The only two changes are the paint colors and the knife on the leg instead of the gun holster.

heathernjohn7@sbcglobal.net
02-06-2018, 08:29 PM
I saw messages on the club site today saying the General's package was 35% sold through. Then later I saw a figure of 60% sold. I called and spoke to Angie and she said they should be fine for General's packs, but now there are no figures posted. I jumped on a General's today just in case. Looks like this show is really selling out fast. I hope that doesn't mean the showrooms are packed. This is my first convention with the club. Looking forward to it!

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-06-2018, 09:45 PM
I know it's the exact same. I just didn't like that one, either. Seems like the nose is way too big for a doberman.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-07-2018, 07:21 AM
I thought that they switched Junkyard from being a Doberman which was more popular in the 80's to a Rottweiler which is more prevalent now. Similar colors, stockier, larger dogs.

https://www.dogmal.com/wp-content/uploads/photo-gallery/Rottweiler/rottweiler-guard-dog.jpg

02-07-2018, 09:24 AM
I always thought Junkyard was a Rott; Doberman’s are skinnier & have a narrower snout.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-07-2018, 10:56 AM
From Facebook...

It looks like there are about 28 American hero sets left before a sell out

Wow! if true and a month left to register would the Club do a preorder or add on? They also said the hotels are booked as fast as blocks of rooms open. What about the souvenirs? Might the Club increase the number since demand is so great...

axonrey@gmail.com
02-07-2018, 03:05 PM
Why so stingy with the reveals? Will we see any new parts?

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-07-2018, 04:17 PM
Python HEAT Viper is up and he's awesome! I am really digging the paint colors of this Python Patrol. As far as new parts go, wait for possibly Laser Viper. I'd imagine at the very least, Bludd and Hardball are certainly going to have new heads.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-07-2018, 05:06 PM
If he's a rottweiler now then that makes sense. He was definitely skinnier and looked more like a doberman in the original o-ring version.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-07-2018, 05:19 PM
wow then there was one... From a FB post...

https://scontent.fbed1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27657504_1798348373511642_4501193889844011138_n.jp g?oh=1120d3a849de2c28356b4cf70de989b4&oe=5B10CDF2

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-07-2018, 11:17 PM
Is anyone really surprised? At all? It's the last Joecon for the foreseeable future. Why WOULDN'T everyone go and sell it out as fast as possible?

boudro72@yahoo.com
02-08-2018, 10:08 AM
I doubt there will be any left over after the con..unless they make more stuff than past....which I doubt.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-08-2018, 11:56 AM
Sad I think your right, just wish the club would allow those signing up for the con to be able to preorder the souvenirs, even sight unseen and with a slight markup over those attending. I am no talking about the free giveaway for those attending. That I understand is an attendee exclusive, the other stuff is going to be completely nuts on the secondary market as I have a feeling those attending are going to be left looking at scraps themselves of Tshirts and other less desirable souvenirs this year... The Facebook groups are already expressing concern that if your not the first people through Thursday night your not getting any of the figures being offered as they expect them to almost be gone already after the GT holders pick things over...

02-08-2018, 12:20 PM
is Mutt using Retaliation Joe Colton upper arms? different hands? hard to tell but they look look more like the newer mold.

arock1922@yahoo.com
02-08-2018, 01:35 PM
It must just be the paint scheme. Everything about Mutt and Junkyard is a 100% repaint of the 2009, 25th anniversary figure.

troysheets2001@yahoo.com
02-08-2018, 01:41 PM
It must just be the paint scheme. Everything about Mutt and Junkyard is a 100% repaint of the 2009, 25th anniversary figure.

Not 100% the legs look like lift ticket legs which have the knife sheath versus the holster the 2009 Mutt figure sported.

etquick2003@yahoo.com
02-08-2018, 01:56 PM
Sadly, I don’t envision more supply being produced. There’s only so much production capacity that can be used and with FSS 7 and 8 coming so soon those have to be dominating production now.

jk.fregia.77@gmail.com
02-08-2018, 02:01 PM
The legs that the 25th versions of Mutt and Lift Ticket used were exactly the same, except that Lift Ticket's had the knife sheath and Mutt's had the gun holster. When I looked at the SM Mutt arms, I did notice that the upper arms were more muscular than the 25th arms, but I do not know which arms they are.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-08-2018, 03:42 PM
So for everyone's sake I hope they can get a greater run, and they can get a third hotel, but I would also implore them to think about bumping up the exclusives run as well. Maybe as a preorder system like fss as suggested before. sight unseen, I would be in at a30%-50% mark up over convention retail. otherwise this is going to be a difficult secondary market with low availability

jk.fregia.77@gmail.com
02-08-2018, 05:07 PM
I think we all agree with the your post WindsoVT, besides the scalpers who would make more money on figures that have a smaller production run. It would be a big money maker for FunPub if they would increase the production run of the exclusives also, but I would hope they would save some for the people that are unable to attend. This would keep people from buying some at the Con and then some from the Club Store and ripping a bunch of people off on eBay. I would rather pay the extra 30%-50% to the Club who is so good at giving us the the good figures that we want, than paying 60%-90% to someone on eBay who does not love GIJoe collecting but is in it to make money off of people unable to attend the Cons.
Please Fun Pub, give us some extra exclusives. Preferably PP Viper, PP Officer, PP Trooper.
I personally would to see a PP Alley Viper. Your thoughts club?

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-08-2018, 05:54 PM
Ooh, Python Alley Viper! Python AVAC would be a good paradrop. I'm still hoping for female Python Trooper.

Considering all of the sets are, as of now, sold out, what are the chances we get reveals sped up?

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-08-2018, 06:59 PM
As the club's latest post shows, it's not just a matter of asking for more. We'll have to wait and see what can be done after the lunar new year is over.

jk.fregia.77@gmail.com
02-08-2018, 07:03 PM
I do not know where I would get the money, but if they released the Python AVAC, I would get it in a heartbeat.

arock1922@yahoo.com
02-08-2018, 10:15 PM
Not 100% the legs look like lift ticket legs which have the knife sheath versus the holster the 2009 Mutt figure sported.

The legs themselves are the same but the holsters on the earlier run of figures (2007-2009/10) were made to be somewhat interchangeable. I have both of those figures (Mutt & Lift-Ticket) and I pulled them out for a comparison and they are indeed the same. But yes, this Mutt has a knife sheath instead of the Mac-10 holster the original had.

At first I thought they were the original but two things made me rethink it. The arms do look bigger coming out of the sleeve and I remember Mutts upper arms had extensions behind the elbows to try and hide the joint. I didn’t see those on this Mutt so I looked at other figures with cuffed sleeves and button straps to keep them cuffed. I read on an earlier post that some thought they were Joe Colton’s so I started there. I believe that’s whose they are.

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
02-08-2018, 10:52 PM
Sadly, I don’t envision more supply being produced. There’s only so much production capacity that can be used and with FSS 7 and 8 coming so soon those have to be dominating production now.

I agree. Does this mean fss 8 is not happening. This will push fss 7 back and who knows what else the factory has to make. If I remember they said they fit stuff around the main factory. So marvel movies and solo production might limit what we can get. So would rather have fss 8 and 7 and whatever else club had stored for us or more con sets

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-09-2018, 07:38 AM
From everything the club has said so far, as long as FSS 8 starts shipping before January 1, 2019 then the club's contract allows them to finish getting it to customers into 2019.

arock1922@yahoo.com
02-09-2018, 01:33 PM
So now the club says they may be able to get more sets produced for the con. I wonder if that also means the exclusives or just the box sets?

02-09-2018, 02:07 PM
So something a little confusing, in the brochure it reads "unit is called into action to mount a dire rescue mission of their original commander. A fellow Marine Drill Instructor, SGT. SMASHER takes the squad leader position.

So usually the comic follows that story. Does that mean we will get Sgt, Smasher meeting a guy who looks like Sgt. Slaughter and will there be 2 figures?

02-09-2018, 02:45 PM
It could happen! They could feasibly make a Sgt. Smasher in one deco & a Sgt. Slaughter in the Warthog deco & release him as a con exclusive. The club would have to get legal permission to use the name, or they could release him as Sgt. Slammer; the Action Force version.

So now the club says they may be able to get more sets produced for the con. I wonder if that also means the exclusives or just the box sets?

I would guess, just the box sets. The box sets may or may not have already been made. If they haven’t been physically produced yet, then all they have to do is increase the quantity. They’ll get a pretty accurate read; based on the emails we send them. The con exclusives are a little more hit & miss. They're made in smaller quantities and still, some don’t sell out; like the Sky Serpent w/ Laser Viper Officer. They can’t get a read on demand, without giving up the secret of what the exclusives are. It’s the main incentive to get people to the convention and also, they don’t want to get stuck with extras.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-09-2018, 03:13 PM
Hardball is up! He looks great, but I think we will end up seeing him again in FSS 8.

tomwensyel@yahoo.com
02-09-2018, 03:13 PM
Hardball looks awesome!!!!!!!!

morgardee@hotmail.com
02-09-2018, 04:39 PM
Are we getting any new tooling in this convention set? I was hoping Hardball would have a new head or at least a new ball cap.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
02-09-2018, 05:05 PM
When are we getting 12" previews?

c.j.lloyd1@juno.com
02-09-2018, 05:19 PM
Can a mod please confirm the head used on Hardball?
I think it looks like a recolored Serpentor/Salvo head. Or maybe Tombstone?
Thank you in advance.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-09-2018, 05:41 PM
People in other forums identified it as Renegades Ripcord.

c.j.lloyd1@juno.com
02-09-2018, 06:52 PM

That’s kinda why I asked. I don’t think it is. The Renegades Ripcord head is a smaller head. I’ll disagree until proven incorrect!

02-09-2018, 07:25 PM

Looks like Renegades Ripcord to me!

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-09-2018, 10:44 PM
I think it looks decent for trying to match the long sleeve baseball jersey. I would have preferred short sleeve or a t-shirt look. Either way, it's a great figure.

c.j.lloyd1@juno.com
02-10-2018, 06:33 AM
I like Hardball. I’d really like if they will confirm the build. My curiosity needs to know!

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
02-10-2018, 08:01 AM
"I like Hardball. I’d really like if they will confirm the build. My curiosity needs to know!"

Torso and legs are shock trooper
Arms are Renegades Firefly
Head is Renegades Ripcord

He looks OK to me but I feel he should have been a bigger build.

kelty11@verizon.net
02-10-2018, 11:23 AM
Some thoughts: I was as surprised as everyone that the sets sold out so quickly, but I am glad that the club will be upping their order. I hope this applies to the souvenirs as well. I would also ask that the club make the souvenirs available to entire memberships considering that this is the last Fun Pub convention. The people hurt will be scalpers and those who have no love for the franchise.

Figures:
Footloose - Fantastic and in keeping with the original '89 design.
Mutt and Junkyard - Again a great recreation of the original; Although Junkyard kind of looks like a Rottweiler or Malinois. Is this the great grandson of the 1984 dog?
Hardball - An odd, but interesting choice for SM; the launcher almost looks too big for him to hold. Can't wait to the original in FSS8. I think this sculpt with the proper web gear could also be used to create a '90 Stretcher.
Lamprey - Love the coloring
HEAT Viper - see above;

It's too bad the club used the original PP in 2011 as adding them to this set would have made a great Operation Dragonfire Con set.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-10-2018, 04:23 PM
Well looks like the schedule maybe open if the Club can swing it...

https://scontent.fbed1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27973486_10215006923477728_854148433321458782_n.jp g?oh=efa5b2934362b64c735fea71b21a0cea&oe=5B09BE16

ATBotts78@gmail.com
02-10-2018, 05:34 PM
From Parris Island to Chattanooga heads would roll! At ease disease, you are dismissed! For all those attending I hope you get what you want. License to use the name or not, he’s the man, and he’d be perfect sitting next to Hama and Bozigian at a panel.

lukeruzinsky@gmail.com
02-10-2018, 06:30 PM
I really hope the Sarge can come! That would be awesome. One of my childhood heroes for sure.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-11-2018, 12:48 PM
Is the club going to add another hotel or should we all just fend for ourselves and fill up the KOA?

rjhiii@sover.net
02-12-2018, 12:14 PM
I was really hoping for the reveal for today to be posted early, then I realized it is the Python Patrol side and well I can wait for those...lol! Looking forward to Spirit (and the Head sculpt choice in particular)

gijoeguru@yahoo.com
02-12-2018, 09:58 PM
I just booked my lodging with www.airbnb.com got a deal for $35/night down town Chattanooga. So that just means that I'm saving money on a bed and putting it toward exclusives from the club :)

skoor.cr@gmail.com
02-13-2018, 11:05 AM
I really hope the Sarge can come! That would be awesome. One of my childhood heroes for sure.

They just announced on the February update no Sergeant Slaughter since his name can't be used due to contractual obligations.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-13-2018, 11:55 AM
Could Robert Remus come and not Sgt. Slaughter? I would LOVE to meet Robert Remus!

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-13-2018, 11:57 AM
I looked on AirBnB, and didn't find too many options. Are you right downtown near the CC?

I just booked my lodging with www.airbnb.com (http://www.airbnb.com) got a deal for $35/night down town Chattanooga. So that just means that I'm saving money on a bed and putting it toward exclusives from the club :)

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-13-2018, 01:48 PM
That Python Laser Viper looks incredible. Best figure revealed so far.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-13-2018, 07:43 PM

The way I understand the likeness issue is that the real life Sgt. Slaughter, Robert Remus, and his agents and managers were approached by Hasbro to become a Joe and have his figure, in his likeness, mass produced as a figure and work as a voice actor on the Sunbow cartoon. WWF was not a party to any of these discussions and was miffed that they didn't get a cut and Remus didn't immediately involve them. That's why Remus/Slaughter left the WWF in the '80s and went to the AWA, which didn't care what deals he cut for his likeness, because he honestly wanted to do it and didn't want to cut the McMahons in on his deal.

After Joe was winding down in the early '90s Remus/Slaughter sent a letter to Vince McMahon asking to come back to the WWF and that's when his heel turn as an Iraqi sympathizer happened and he also won the WWF championship. One of the conditions of his return, supposedly - all of this is only what I've read in newspaper and magazine reports - was that he signed over any future likeness or name deals over to WWF/E so long as he remained in their employ in any capacity. He's been employed by them in some capacity ever since whether it was as a wrestler, a TV commissioner role or a "legends" contract player who just agrees to show up every once inawhile for Hall of Fame inductions and whatnot. You'll notice he's appeared several times in WWF/E licensed merchandise. I don't know how the ME Slaughter's that were sold at SDCC got approved but SURELY, if those were allowed, a simple repaint for "Sgt. Smasher" would have to be, right?

One of Remus' matches in the AWA against the junior senator from California. Notice that he is wearing the EXACT outfit that his GI Joe figure wore. "GI Joe" emblazoned on the sides of his long tights and the "USA" on his green tanktop. He has never worn that outfit in WWF/E.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCjA58_YiQY

gijoeguru@yahoo.com
02-14-2018, 02:14 AM
jyoders19 -

The house is about 7 minutes from the Convention Center according to the host. I believe it is just across the river. There wefre tons of places. I put in search by $ amount between $0-$50. There were plenty close by within short driving distance of the Convention.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-15-2018, 04:15 PM
The new reveal is Spirit Iron-Knife w/ Freedom. Spirit looks fantastic. New head sculpt and all.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
02-15-2018, 04:16 PM
Well what do you know, Spirit has a new head sculpt. Looks good but the ponytail should be longer.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-15-2018, 04:28 PM
Great job on Spirit and Freedom.

jk.fregia.77@gmail.com
02-15-2018, 05:28 PM
He was not a figure that I really wanted, but it looks really good and I will keep him. Great job Club.
Keeping my fingers crossed now for a good Sgt. Smasher.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-15-2018, 06:11 PM
Just repaint the SDCC Sarge for "Sgt. Smasher," please.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-15-2018, 06:23 PM
I think I might honestly be the only one here who doesn't care about what Smasher looks like. I know I'm going to catch heat for saying that, but it's true. He is just one figure out of nine reveals and I'm sure I can enjoy it either way.

tomwensyel@yahoo.com
02-15-2018, 06:32 PM
Love how spirit looks!!! The new head looks great.

ATBotts78@gmail.com
02-15-2018, 07:17 PM
I like the new Spirit, the new head is good, but I agree with Skoorcard, the ponytail should be much longer.

etquick2003@yahoo.com
02-15-2018, 10:00 PM
I think I might honestly be the only one here who doesn't care about what Smasher looks like. I know I'm going to catch heat for saying that, but it's true. He is just one figure out of nine reveals and I'm sure I can enjoy it either way.

I will back Crimson officer on this. I'm far more enthused about the 2003 Python patrol update than a Sgt anyone. And the whole list is fascinating. I was never into wrestling so Sgt slaughter wasn't high on my list. I had the original with the triple T though.

JFRiley11@yahoo.com
02-15-2018, 10:09 PM
I’m with you guys. Not really caring what he looks like, just excited to have a new character to enjoy. Not ever a Slaughter fan, but the reveals and characters they have chosen have so far all looked great. Don’t feel cheated, screwed, or bamboozled at all!

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-15-2018, 10:47 PM
You guys realize it's NOT a new character, right? It's the international edition of Sgt. Slaughter. A complete repaint when it was released as an O-Ring figure. I supposed you could make an argument that the character was "reimagined" as someone else but that still doesn't make it a new character. It's one that was released in India and Europe in 1993. http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/ind-sgtsmasher.shtml

skoor.cr@gmail.com
02-15-2018, 11:04 PM
You do realize that the club said that they could not only not use Slaughter's name but they can't use his likeness either.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-16-2018, 03:27 AM
Allow me to clarify. It's not that I don't care about the character. I do, indeed, know that Sgt. Smasher is intended to be the UK variant of Sgt. Slaughter. What I mean here is that I don't care about the sdcc version vs Retaliation build arguments. Just give me a decent figure and I'll be happy. Guess we will know in a week.

Commander_Lane
02-16-2018, 01:55 PM
Hey Guys,

We're super busy behind-the-scenes and working to meet all the project deadlines. I just have time to jump in and clear up a couple of the misconceptions:

1. The 2018 GIJoeCon: Hardball figure is the only version we will be releasing.

2. Sgt. Smasher is an all new character using a previously approved trademark name.

Looking forward to seeing you at the convention!

jk.fregia.77@gmail.com
02-16-2018, 02:07 PM
If this is the only Hardball figure the club will be releasing, would ya'll consider releasing him in his original colors? It would save a little money applying only one color to the pants, and I think most of us would prefer it to look like the original Hardball.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-16-2018, 02:32 PM
Hey Guys,

We're super busy behind-the-scenes and working to meet all the project deadlines. I just have time to jump in and clear up a couple of the misconceptions:

1. The 2018 GIJoeCon: Hardball figure is the only version we will be releasing.

2. Sgt. Smasher is an all new character using a previously approved trademark name.

Looking forward to seeing you at the convention!

Thanks for the clarification. We can now eliminate Hardball as an FSS speculation. We can further eliminate the arguments over "SDCC or Retaliation" for Sgt. Slaughter making me at least that much more excited for this set and for the final two reveals.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-16-2018, 07:34 PM
If this is the only Hardball figure the club will be releasing, would ya'll consider releasing him in his original colors? It would save a little money applying only one color to the pants, and I think most of us would prefer it to look like the original Hardball.

I would agree with this, but I am afraid it is too late in the process and since the set sold out their is no incentive to do so either.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-16-2018, 08:53 PM
Sgt Smasher can have SM deco, clean slate. However, since Hardball was never in the Slaughter Marauders previously, and this deco is half and half already. I don't think people would mind having him in complete v1. Otherwise having the shirt in SM colors would be preferable as well. But as said before the set has sold out, so there will be no changes. and I don't foresee anyone canceling their sets. I was in at Footloose.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-17-2018, 12:18 AM
I, too, was in at Footloose. I'm loving this set and actually look forward to getting an "all new character" in Smasher. I think it's going to be great all the way around.

kelty11@verizon.net
02-17-2018, 10:28 AM
I love the PP Laser Viper especially the recreated backpack.

Spirit is also great - really loving the choice of the Air Commandos style headsculpt. As for Hardball- It does not look like a very complex figures so why not just change the paint scheme for this set; what is the reasoning behind offering him in SM colors, but traditional colors? It does not make any sense?

I also took note of the word "surgical" in the brochure - could that be a hint to Stretcher/ Scalpel 2-pack? Thoughts?

jk.fregia.77@gmail.com
02-17-2018, 10:58 AM
"I would agree with this, but I am afraid it is too late in the process and since the set sold out their is no incentive to do so either."

Since they are considering extending the production run on this set, I think there would be an incentive to do so. More people would want to buy the extra con sets knowing that they could not get the original in FSS 8.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
02-17-2018, 12:03 PM
I think the 2pk will be lowlight and barbecue so you can complete the marauders in matching uniforms. However with that said the club did say that there would be no vehicles this year but instead figures so who knows what con exclusives will be available to purchase there.

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
02-17-2018, 12:06 PM
At first we all thought the club would do repaint on figures to save money/ or limited access to molds. Half wanted figures hard to find released again. What I would like known is the con and gas 6,7, and 8 still the original plans the club had prior to the contract only being renewed 2 years

kelty11@verizon.net
02-18-2018, 12:19 PM
I think the 2pk will be lowlight and barbecue so you can complete the marauders in matching uniforms. However with that said the club did say that there would be no vehicles this year but instead figures so who knows what con exclusives will be available to purchase there.

These are my predictions:
Parachute drop: No clue could be anybody - Major Altitude? His original coloring was sort of SM
2-pack 1: Low Light and Barbecue
2-Pack 2: either a medical set, a random foreign character set, or a female PP Officer and Trooper (classic colors)
3-Pack 1: SAW Vipers
3-Pack 2: Rock Vipers, and or
3-Pack 3: Female PP Office and Trooper

skoor.cr@gmail.com
02-18-2018, 01:37 PM
I just thought that after the con set figures and if we're correct in guessing the 2 & 3pks there is still no modern Python Patrol Dr. Mindbender. Could he be the parachute drop figure this year? As far as I can remember he will be the only python patrol figure not made. Any thoughts?

When will we learn what parts we need for the custom building class?

kelty11@verizon.net
02-19-2018, 10:33 AM
I just thought that after the con set figures and if we're correct in guessing the 2 & 3pks there is still no modern Python Patrol Dr. Mindbender. Could he be the parachute drop figure this year? As far as I can remember he will be the only python patrol figure not made. Any thoughts?

When will we learn what parts we need for the custom building class?

Python Patrol Dr. Mindbender? I could see the Battle Corps Vers being the creator of the pythonization process.

troysheets2001@yahoo.com
02-19-2018, 11:59 AM
There was a Python Patrol Dr Mindbender released during the valor vs venom series.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
02-19-2018, 12:00 PM
It came with dart v2. It had the red shirt and black everything else.

ATBotts78@gmail.com
02-20-2018, 07:58 AM
If Dart is a Con-Exclusive, I’m going to lose my mind for him.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-20-2018, 03:35 PM
Major Bludd has been posted. Well done, club. That's one incredible figure.

leo@joebattlelines.com
02-20-2018, 04:11 PM
Major Bludd has been posted. Well done, club. That's one incredible figure.

Except for that right arm. I was really hoping the Club would have given the good Major TWO functional arms as was the case with 2003 version. Instead... we have a new head but only one good arm.

I wish there was time to change this.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-20-2018, 04:28 PM
I'll admit that a new arm would have made him perfect. That said, the camo pattern, the head sculpt, even that crazy soda can harness all combine into a great looking figure.

tomwensyel@yahoo.com
02-20-2018, 04:41 PM
I love the throwback arm!!! The stiff arm takes me right back to all the days spent playing joes!!! In my opinion the club hit a grand slam with the poet laureate of cobra!!! How many more days do we have to wait to make the trip??

jk.fregia.77@gmail.com
02-20-2018, 04:58 PM
I do think that the club did an awesome job on this build.

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
02-20-2018, 04:59 PM
I like the Bludd figure, EXCEPT for the sonic bazooka. Not a fan of oversized useless weapons!!

skoor.cr@gmail.com
02-20-2018, 05:48 PM
I like the figure . Love the fact that we're getting a new head. Could care less about what arm we are getting, the figure still rocks.

ATBotts78@gmail.com
02-20-2018, 06:44 PM
That Major Bludd figure makes me envision him in some tropical wetland, smoking a cigar on a Water Moccasin with Copperhead, talking about stolen weapons and narcotic trafficking while his Skull Squad Dishonorably Discharged FFL Soldiers of Fortune buddies puff their chests out at Python Patrol Troopers as a sign that they aren’t intimidated by their unscrupulous cohorts fancy gear and superior organizational budget.

Yes I get all that just from staring at the mocked up image of the figure. What can I say? Job well done on the design, inspiring.

gjwermund@gmail.com
02-21-2018, 12:28 PM
I love the Major Bludd figure it looks amazing

fostereben@gmail.com
02-22-2018, 11:51 AM
so far this is turning out to be one of my favorite box sets and i dont even have it in hand yet. if i had 1 complaint it would be I wish Hardball was done in the original vintage colors. If you look at the original V1 Hardball he has brown and green and could still look good with the SM figures. Other than that the box set is fantastic I look forward to seeing Smasher.

Also, has the club or anyone heard if there is a 3rd hotel yet or is that still in progress?

skoor.cr@gmail.com
02-22-2018, 03:23 PM
Sgt. Smasher is up and wow! Bang! Homerun, two thumbs up from this guy.

jk.fregia.77@gmail.com
02-22-2018, 03:34 PM
I am kind of bummed about this one because I was really hoping that Sgt. Smasher would at least look similar to the UK Sgt. Smasher so that if you switched out the head with the SDCC Slaughter head it would look like the original Sgt. Smasher. I do like the fact that the Rock N Roll V2 Gatling gun was used again, but I think he needs a secondary weapon like Rock N Roll. Otherwise it looks like a decent figure.

jk.fregia.77@gmail.com
02-22-2018, 03:52 PM
Would the Club consider releasing weapon packs like they did at last years convention? If so, I would request that a classic and modern pack be released. Suggestions for the classic pack would be the M14, M16 with the grenade launcher, some Colt pistols and a Rock N Roll V1 machine gun. Suggestions for the modern pack would be Footloose's AR, Rock N Roll V2 machine gun so he can have two like the original, Shooter's sniper rifle, and the Laser Vipers laser pack to replace the 2017 Convention laser rifle.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-22-2018, 04:18 PM
I like him. Big, burly, looks like a seasoned warrior. My only dislike is he was inspired by a Cobra turned good. Sounds a bit too close to Mercer.....

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
02-22-2018, 05:06 PM
Sgt. Smasher isn't what I had envisioned, and the Mohawk doesn't fit to me. Now with that said, the hat covers the Mohawk and I think the club nailed it with regards to an all new figure!!! I also think a job well done!!!

tomwensyel@yahoo.com
02-22-2018, 05:18 PM
Love Smasher!!! I like how he is a wink and nod to the cartoon Mr. C. My oldest son saw the preview was up and couldnt wait to see him. I am really pleased with this set and happy that I registered in the first 5 minutes it went live. Looking forward to a family vacation to Chattanooga in June!!! Very well done Club!!!!!

c.j.lloyd1@juno.com
02-22-2018, 05:43 PM
I was hoping for a figure that at the very least could be easily kit bashed to resemble Sarge.
Severely disappointed- The last reveal was the biggest letdown. And “Smasher” teased people into thinking that it would be the “foreign release” version of Slaughter.

gjwermund@gmail.com
02-22-2018, 05:57 PM
Anyone who's going to the con and is willing to part with a lamprey, heat viper and a laser viper send me a pm as I am interested in buying them

skoor.cr@gmail.com
02-22-2018, 06:05 PM
I am kind of bummed about this one because I was really hoping that Sgt. Smasher would at least look similar to the UK Sgt. Smasher so that if you switched out the head with the SDCC Slaughter head it would look like the original Sgt. Smasher. I do like the fact that the Rock N Roll V2 Gatling gun was used again, but I think he needs a secondary weapon like Rock N Roll. Otherwise it looks like a decent figure.

The description says he gets a pistol along with the gatling gun, there you go 2 weapons

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
02-22-2018, 06:22 PM
I like the Mohawk. Very Mr. T.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-22-2018, 06:26 PM
I think I might place a "Slaughter's Marauders" logo decal on the chest of Smasher. Seems actually to be the only thing missing in my humble opinion.

madmac41@hotmail.com
02-22-2018, 06:40 PM
Okay I have reserved saying this until he was shown, the GIJCC led everyone to believe this was going to be a Sgt. Slaughter repaint when the registration went live.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
02-22-2018, 07:18 PM
Except the while part in the brochure about how "the leader of Slaughter's Marauders had gone missing, and the Marauders are mounting a rescue mission." or something to that effect.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-22-2018, 07:22 PM
Okay I have reserved saying this until he was shown, the GIJCC led everyone to believe this was going to be a Sgt. Slaughter repaint when the registration went live.

Many made assumptions 1. that Harball V1 colors would be released and 2. Smasher was going to be a Sgt Slaughter repaint. The club never said either thing. The moral is we should not assume anything. To do so is to make an @$$ out of you and me...

troysheets2001@yahoo.com
02-22-2018, 07:34 PM
The brochure states from jump street that the Marauders original commander ie: SGT Slaughter was captured and that a fellow Marine DI has stepped up to lead the mission to rescue him which means that he is a friend of Slaughter but not Slaughter himself.

frederic.papillon@gmail.com
02-22-2018, 07:35 PM
I like it! A vague resemblance to Mr. C. It's always interesting to see good new figures. Can't wait to the convention. Choo-choo!

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-22-2018, 07:38 PM
No, that's the funniest part. The club never indicated it would be a particular version. The better part is they actually clearly indicated a "New leader and fellow drill instructor". That is widely open to interpretation, but, it's also why I purchased day one and went into this set with no preconceived ideas of what I'd receive.

jk.fregia.77@gmail.com
02-22-2018, 08:13 PM
#### ##### #### ###### ###### ###### ######

gijoeguru@yahoo.com
02-22-2018, 09:31 PM
I'm not thrilled with a Marine D.I. with a Mohawk as the team leader. I'll be removing his vest, whistle, hat, and baton and using his as "Smasher" the team's Heavy machine gunner. He is no replacement or stand in for THE SARGE!

rjhiii@sover.net
02-23-2018, 08:47 AM
Can we get a mock up group shot of the whole set together like the Club did last year with the BATS and BF 2000? Also when is the 12" collector's get to see their set?

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-23-2018, 01:32 PM
A group shot with box artwork would be wonderful. This really is a, no pun intended, grand slam of a set. There isn't a single figure in here that I don't like.

lukeruzinsky@gmail.com
02-23-2018, 09:28 PM
I like the Sgt Smasher mock up, he looks good! I am glad they went with a brand new character rather than watering down Sgt Slaughter, its a shame that his only modern figure is the SDCC exclusive but oh well.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-24-2018, 09:53 AM
Looking over some figures from the surrounding years, I have some speculation for the forum.
What if the paradrop figure is Astro-Viper? The build is extremely close to Laser Viper.
For a two pack: The 2009 Club Exclusive version of Copperhead vs Backblast.
3 packs could be any of the missing Python Patrol members.
Another 2 pack could be Stretcher vs Scalpel.
Thoughts?

kelty11@verizon.net
02-24-2018, 10:33 AM
Interesting choices. Although I still think that Low Light and Barbecue will be included in some manner as the 2011 versions do not match the new con figures which utilize traditional SM colors.

I love major Bludd. Can't wait to have him in hand. This would be a good build for a Super Sonic Mjr. Bludd (too bad the club is coming to an end).

Sgt. Smasher - I was pleasantly surprised by this reveal. I always assumed it wouldn't just be a slight repaint of the Sarge. I like the shout-out to the Sunbow cartoon - I forgot that Mr. T made an animated cameo on the show. I also like the inclusion of removable Marine Campaign hat- awesome addition. One suggestion- the Slaughter's Marauders or USMC logo should be put on his shirt as it looks kind of bear right now.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-24-2018, 11:36 AM
LKelty, I bought replacement decals for my Equalizer Tank that has both US and Canadian style Marauder logos. I'll be using one on the chest. If this remains as is, that is with no logo on Smasher's shirt, I would recommend this as an easy fix.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
02-24-2018, 12:59 PM
Looking over some figures from the surrounding years, I have some speculation for the forum.
What if the paradrop figure is Astro-Viper? The build is extremely close to Laser Viper.
For a two pack: The 2009 Club Exclusive version of Copperhead vs Backblast.
3 packs could be any of the missing Python Patrol members.
Another 2 pack could be Stretcher vs Scalpel.
Thoughts?

Ok just explain to me how Backblast and Stretcher tie into the Marauders, and how the Astro Viper, and Scalpel tie into the Python Patrol. Last time I checked none of theese characters were part of theese groups. This idea doesn't make sense seeing how we still need Low Light and Barbecue in matching paint schemes and the Python Patrol Dr. Mindbender. Don't get me wrong I'm all for new figures but in a convention set they need to make sense and have a reason to have them added on, not just because their amongst some of the most requested.oh I almost forgot do we really need a third version of the Python Patrol Copperhead?

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-24-2018, 02:37 PM
Ok just explain to me how Backblast and Stretcher tie into the Marauders, and how the Astro Viper, and Scalpel tie into the Python Patrol. Last time I checked none of theese characters were part of theese groups. This idea doesn't make sense seeing how we still need Low Light and Barbecue in matching paint schemes and the Python Patrol Dr. Mindbender. Don't get me wrong I'm all for new figures but in a convention set they need to make sense and have a reason to have them added on, not just because their amongst some of the most requested.oh I almost forgot do we really need a third version of the Python Patrol Copperhead?

Wow! You want me to explain an opinion based on my own speculation. Ok, once you explain why it's ok to have "Slaughter's Marauders" but no Sgt. Slaughter?

Let me try this in a way that will hopefully make sense:
Stretcher fits because, let's face it, a RESCUE MISSION needs a medic, right?! Next...
Back Blast makes no sense, but Hardball does? Next...
Astro Viper seems easy enough to get right and could easily be done in Python Patrol colors. So could any Cobra really, which explains Scalpel vs Stretcher as well. Next...
Low Light and Barbecue in Marauder deco, should be done, I'll give you that. I just don't see it being a big seller considering the BBTS version.
I'll also grant that Dr. Mindbender should get done, he slipped my mind.
And last, Copperhead was just my own wish.
Have a nice day!

skoor.cr@gmail.com
02-24-2018, 05:26 PM
Wow! You want me to explain an opinion based on my own speculation. Ok, once you explain why it's ok to have "Slaughter's Marauders" but no Sgt. Slaughter?

Let me try this in a way that will hopefully make sense:
Stretcher fits because, let's face it, a RESCUE MISSION needs a medic, right?! Next...
Back Blast makes no sense, but Hardball does? Next...
Astro Viper seems easy enough to get right and could easily be done in Python Patrol colors. So could any Cobra really, which explains Scalpel vs Stretcher as well. Next...
Low Light and Barbecue in Marauder deco, should be done, I'll give you that. I just don't see it being a big seller considering the BBTS version.
I'll also grant that Dr. Mindbender should get done, he slipped my mind.
And last, Copperhead was just my own wish.
Have a nice day!

Hey first I do think ther should be a Slaughter, 2nd when did I say Hardball was in the Marauders? I don't remember saying that! All I asked was what was your thinking about why the characters you wanted instead of completing the teams. And if you would like to know how I would have done this set I'll tell ya. Fist Hardball would be replaced by Barbecue, Low Light would have been my parachute drop, leave the Rock Viper and Saw Vipers in their 3pks my 2pk would then be Slaughter vs Dr. Mindbender. And then put Hardball in his original colors in FSS 8. By doing this I've completed both the Python Patrol and the Marauders also still giving the club members the version of Hardball that they wanted. The reason I asked for you to explain how your pics fit in with the groups was that to my knowledge they were never part of theese groups, I thought maybe they were added later in the comic and I didn't know because I didn't really read them. And I still don't think we need a 3rd Python Patrol Copperhead.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-24-2018, 07:07 PM
Guess we'll have to wait until June. Much the way that Smasher wasn't really that important to me on a personal level, the con exclusives don't make much of a difference. I'm one of those crazy collectors and fans who will enjoy anything new I get to add to my collection. I also wasn't intending to be harsh. Just seems you were looking for a rational thought process when, at least in my opinion this and the previous con weren't exactly all that rational to begin with. Sorry if I came across overly rude.

etquick2003@yahoo.com
02-24-2018, 10:59 PM
Maybe we will see Astro viper in FSS 8. Now that you both say it, hardball is a weird inclusion in a SM set but the sculpt looks good. Was there anyone tied to Slaughter or Python patrol that hasn't been discussed yet?

Since repainted have been common lately I would like to see a copperhead repaint that's close to the 1989 one.

ATBotts78@gmail.com
02-25-2018, 07:04 AM
The good news is, as the club has already stated, vehicles will not be the extra attendee only exclusives this year. Which leads me to believe, we’re looking at at least two 2-packs of additional figures.

jk.fregia.77@gmail.com
02-25-2018, 12:58 PM
If the club follows the precedent that has been set for the Con these past couple years, two large and two small vehicles plus the attendee exclusive, that could mean a three pack for each larger vehicle and a two pack for the smaller vehicles and attendee exclusive. A good number of the figures that we want could be produced and sold this way. I am really hoping they will update the Python Viper, Officer and Trooper this Convention and throw in a Stretcher and Scalpel two pack in there somewhere. Someone mentioned the club might be able to circumvent not being able to sell Slaughter by using him as the attendee exclusive. If they do, I think a Slaughter and Python Mindbender two pack would be good attendee exclusive since Mindbender always seems to be experimenting on prisoners.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
02-25-2018, 01:01 PM
If the club follows the precedent that has been set for the Con these past couple years, two large and two small vehicles plus the attendee exclusive, that could mean a three pack for each larger vehicle and a two pack for the smaller vehicles and attendee exclusive. A good number of the figures that we want could be produced and sold this way. I am really hoping they will update the Python Viper, Officer and Trooper this Convention and throw in a Stretcher and Scalpel two pack in there somewhere. Someone mentioned the club might be able to circumvent not being able to sell Slaughter by using him as the attendee exclusive. If they do, I think a Slaughter and Python Mindbender two pack would be good attendee exclusive since Mindbender always seems to be experimenting on prisoners.

I like your thinking. If he isn't "sold" and rather "given" to attendees, is that enough of a loophole to get away with it though?

ATBotts78@gmail.com
02-25-2018, 07:32 PM
Nope, not even close, under licensing regulations, it’s not whether or not a profit is made, It’s a question of whether or not permission has been granted (rented). The profit is simply what you hope to gain when you attempt to make back the money you spent renting the license. So no, it would be like asking the club to bankrupt itself for no return on the investment.

fostereben@gmail.com
02-26-2018, 11:27 AM
Looking at the over all set I like it, I think it's one of my top 4 sets and once in hand I'm sure I will like it even more. The only change I wise & hope the Club can do is make Hardball in his original colors just change the pants and keep the rest the same on hardball. I still think it will look great and I am sure GI Joe fans would love for it to be done. It would go from a great set to a fantastic set IMO. I cant wait for the convention going to be a great time. Cant wait to get this box set in hand.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
02-27-2018, 04:56 PM
Well with all the figures revealed for the 3 3/4" set that means it's time to reveal the 12" set, right?

funpubincadmin
02-27-2018, 05:26 PM
Make sure you check out the March 2018 issue of the official GIJCC magazine for group shots of this year's 3 3/4" figures from the convention box set, along with the first preview of content from the 12" box set.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
03-02-2018, 08:26 PM
Seen it looks awesome

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
03-02-2018, 10:45 PM
I can't wait to get this set in my hands

skoor.cr@gmail.com
03-07-2018, 11:35 AM
When will we find out what parts will be needed for the customization class so we can purchase them with plenty of time before the convention (in case we have trouble finding them or bave to purchase from overseas) sometimes things take a while to get through the mail. I once waited almost 3 months for a figure from Hong Kong.

03-07-2018, 12:11 PM
Make sure you check out the March 2018 issue of the official GIJCC magazine for group shots of this year's 3 3/4" figures from the convention box set, along with the first preview of content from the 12" box set.

This set is amazing looking great work club

joker316@hotmail.com
03-12-2018, 11:05 AM
Registered for the Homefront Heroes. Going out with a BANG this year!

I was a little leery to hear that there would be no exclusive vehicles but then remembered that the con exclusive figures were/are always grand slam. So the possibilities of seeing a bunch of figures were haven't seen are ENDLESS.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
05-17-2018, 08:12 PM
I don't see why we would need another barbecue and another lowlight but that's just me. I'd be very happy if the club used the traditional con figure sets to give us more of the ARAH run and other highly-requested figures who aren't necessarily Python Patrol or Slaughter's Marauders.