PDA

View Full Version : 2017 GIJCC 3 3/4" Membership Incentive Figure --- Big Lob!

Commander_Lane
02-06-2017, 06:21 PM
http://www.gijoeclub.com/images/2017/2017biglobweb.jpg
We are proud to announce that the 2017 GIJCC membership incentive 3 3/4" action figure is a modern era BIG LOB... featuring a NEW head sculpt, removable grenade bandolier, pistol and grenade launcher!

This fan favorite G.I. Joe character was first introduced in the 1987 animated movie. He was never made into an action figure until our 2010 classic O-ring style BIG LOB... which sold out immediately after release.

G.I. Joe collectors waited three decades for this figure and now is your chance to add him into your modern era ranks. This FREE figure will be sent to any G.I. Joe Club member that selects the 3 3/4" figure option and whose membership is active by March 16th, 2017. It will be mailed in a polybag and includes file card, weapons and figure stand.

Make sure you're an active member of the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club to receive 12 monthly issues of the Club Magazine, access to Club Exclusives, Discounts for the International G.I. Joe Collectors' Convention, and your choice of a FREE 3 3/4" or 12" G.I. Joe action figure for 2017!

dgmgundam@yahoo.com
02-07-2017, 09:57 AM
What does it take to convince you at the Club that reduced articulation isn't acceptable? Please change the single jointed knees you've shown in the mockup for double jointed knees and replace the lower legs which have no articulation for lower legs which have full ankle articulation.

Arbrias@hotmail.com
02-07-2017, 09:59 AM
Great choice on the parts for this one! It really evokes the Big Lob character. Can't wait to get mine in hand!

kelty11@verizon.net
02-07-2017, 02:59 PM
Fantastic looking forward to the carded version as well. There is a 2010 Big Lob on ebay for $289 as of right now.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
02-07-2017, 03:44 PM
He looks great. The parts are fine.

cmoneycollins@gmail.com
02-07-2017, 07:12 PM
I also think the articulation is an issue. Those legs are well sculpted but what sets GI Joe action figures apart is the amount of articulation. Five POA was the standard until GI Joe came along in 1982. That set a new standard. When the 25th Anniversary line came out in 2007, ankle articulation, double joint knees and swivel wrists were the new norm. Further along, we got even better wrist articulation with figures like Renegades Duke.

The rest of the figure is fantastic and then we have single jointed knees and no ankle articulation. It's just disappointing, especially since the club hasn't addressed this at all. I didn't pay $44 for the 12 magazines and some exclusive discounts on club march. I pay to get an awesome figure, like Pythona.

jimsnow70@aol.com
02-07-2017, 07:50 PM
You know what, I'll take it. The head sculpt alone is worth getting him, even if it means we don't get fully articulated lower limbs.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
02-08-2017, 12:19 AM
Just a thought, why don't you use the knees and the lower legs from the 50th outback? With the exception of the knife on the left leg the parts look almost the same and will give the articulation that so many of us want.

dougwatkins@gmail.com
02-08-2017, 06:59 AM
Instead of giving the paying members the cheapest parts, why not give them functional parts? How can Big Lob drive to the hoop without ankle articulation and single-jointed knees? Stop calling it a "Free" figure. It was paid for with our "Membership Fee".

charles.phillips@penske.com
02-08-2017, 08:32 AM
I like it. I would prefer better articulation on the legs, but I HATE roller ankles so if I had to choose, I would take this over rollers.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-08-2017, 08:39 AM
First, an incentive figure, by the definition is "a complimentary" piece to the membership or subscription. Think about the Free "Super Bowl" Hat, Commemorative Football, and/or binder of the winning team offered by Sports Illustrated. Yes some people sign up for that stuff, but that isn't the main product SI is offering. Same thing with the GI Joe Collector's Club. They are offering a service of news and product exclusive to the members (Magazine, Con Figures, FSS, Add Ons, This forum, etc.). Yes, most people sign up for the figure, but that isn't all that Fun Pub is offering- so yes, it is a "free incentive" for you to sign up for their overall services.

Second, It is February, and given the time that these usually take to have made with mock ups, presentation to Hasbro, and approvals of tooling, design and factory for these figures, plus mock ups from the factory like this, and to still ship by April- my guess is they are already scheduled into production, and possibly parts have already been produced. If my suspicions are correct there can be no changes at this point. Personally, I can live without the articulation- my niece and nephew won't care.

dgmgundam@yahoo.com
02-08-2017, 01:52 PM
The bigger issue here that some people are missing is that this isn't about a single membership figure. This is about sending a clear message to the Club and to Hasbro both that lowered articulation is not acceptable.

With the introduction of the 25th Anniversary figure sculpt and it's new points of articulation a standard of quality was set. With each subsequent innovation that bar is set higher. As a consumer, I expect my brand of choice (e.g. GI Joe) to maintain that same level of quality- if not improve it. When those standards aren't met (e.g. a reduction in articulation) the value of the product is diminished.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-08-2017, 02:01 PM
Star Wars went from Multi PoA back to the original 5. People complain, but they still buy them. It is a numbers game- each PoA has an added cost. When the added costs, outweigh the added value (higher revenue from more sales/higher price) it is not economical. There are to many "wait for clearance" Joe fans which is why we can't have nice things... hahahahaha

Commander_Lane
02-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm jumping in to clarify that this preview is the final Big Lob figure based on available tooling at the time of production. As we've mentioned before, some occasions we are required to use entire figure molds.

Thanks for the feedback, but we have no plans to reduce action figure articulation. Just remember that we must work within the existing inventory to meet production window deadlines.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
02-08-2017, 03:35 PM
"As we've mentioned before, some occasions we are required to use entire figure molds."

Wow, thanks for the clarification, this is the first that I've read this. Well that makes sense now when some of the parts used in FSS or Con sets make up a previously released figure.

kelty11@verizon.net
02-09-2017, 12:36 PM
Thanks. I assume the club had a very short design to production window since everyone thought Hasbro was pulling the plug until the last minute.

dougwatkins@gmail.com
02-10-2017, 07:21 AM
#### #### #### #####

troysheets2001@yahoo.com
02-13-2017, 08:52 PM
I like the figure as is he is still more articulated than some action figures across a variety of lines these days and the figure looks good. I am just happy to get a second chance at Big Lob as I was not a member the first time he was available add to that it is in the modern format my now preferred Joe format and I am a happy camper.

cjarvis2@columbus.rr.com
02-14-2017, 12:06 AM
Can someone help me out? I am utterly confused by the figures that compromise the 2017 Collectors Club Exclusives. I have seen several collector club exclusives on e-Bay but I am not sure which figure we get with the yearly exclusive. I am knew to the club. Thanks!

Please understand, I wasn't criticizing (bad Super Bowl comparison, I am is/was a Falcons fan :<. I have realized a better vice for me is collecting action figures. They don't disappoint you on a yearly basis). I just wasn't clear on the figure, which was not why I signed up. Everyone kept telling me I needed a hobby and I realized, oh yeah I have one! I could care less either way about articulation, I am just looking to make friends and look for something cool to do. I love the Cobra Trooper I have seen. I am in Columbus, Ohio and we have a all out action figure show coming up in March.

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
02-14-2017, 06:37 AM
I can see why you are confused.

There is the annual Incentive FIgure that you automatically get by signing up before MArch 16 which is Big Lob this year.

Than you have the Figure Subscription Service which is an add on that consists of 12 figures that you sign up for (the current series is series 5 which is shipping now) and if you make it to the end they ship a bonus 13th figure with your last shipment.

There is also the COnvention set which this year is BF2000 versus BATS. you can currently sigh up for that if it interests you.

ALso sometimes they offer up a vehicle with or without driver and sometimes they had cross over exclusives with the Transformers Club but the crossovers have likely ended since the Transformers Club is no longer under the Joe Club's parent organization.

shadow.z6@hotmail.com
02-26-2017, 01:13 AM
fantastic figure can't wait to add him to my modern gi joe collection :D

charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com
02-26-2017, 07:40 PM
Looks good. Big Lob shoots. Big Lob scores!

hamilton.hoffman@yahoo.com
05-16-2017, 12:17 PM
Where is this figure??? When are we slated to receive him?!?

funpubincadmin
05-16-2017, 01:08 PM
Our GIJCC membership figures are scheduled to ship in late spring/early summer each year and neither time period has passed. Please see our April 2017 update which stated that these figures are coming in the same shipment as the GIJoeCon sets.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
05-16-2017, 04:23 PM
A little patience goes a long way. I love this figure, but I'd rather wait and avoid shipping issues than rush it and see a bunch of problems.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
06-19-2017, 04:09 PM
Big Lob started arriving in mailboxes last week and I got mine in Nebraska today. He looks great. Well done this year club.
Hope everyone else gets theirs soon.

kwo_bubba@hotmail.com
06-19-2017, 05:16 PM
Got mine today. Excellent figure. The club did a good job on this one. Even with the slightly reduced articulation of the Retaliation Roadblock body, I think they did right by using it. It's really the only body they could've used that had a somewhat lanky look, even though it is muscular. I think they made a good call, expecially since they were probably pretty rushed to design a figure with the last minute 2 yr extension from Hasbro last year.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
06-19-2017, 06:58 PM
St. Louis here got mine today as well and have himm with my marauders and renegades he looks great

j_yoders@hotmail.com
06-19-2017, 07:33 PM
Got mine. LOVE the figure. Will be ordering the carded one when they show up in the store.

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
06-19-2017, 08:20 PM
Got mine today. Love it, good job club!!
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss113/kevjul/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-06/20170619_122746_zpskscle8nn.jpg (http://s567.photobucket.com/user/kevjul/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-06/20170619_122746_zpskscle8nn.jpg.html)

kelty11@verizon.net
06-20-2017, 11:50 AM
I received mine in the mail yesterday. Excellent figure; well done GIJCC. I hope the carded version will be available in the club store.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
06-20-2017, 05:17 PM
Carded version will be in the club store. I heard from those at the Con, they always reserve some of the club membership figure to sell online. Other figures that sold out at the Con are probably gone though.

Slamgod7140@hotmail.com
06-20-2017, 05:35 PM
I haven't gotten mine yet...... but my nephew got his Mon. We live within spitting distance and have always gotten all club goods (comic, and figures) on the same day. Have for years! Now I'm a bit scared it got stuck with in something ne else's box. We have "openers" around here. Gwermund, if you are still out there?..... did you get yours yet?!

gjwermund@gmail.com
06-20-2017, 05:50 PM
Slamgod, im still here and just received mine today. Its a good looking figure and hope you get yours soon.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
06-20-2017, 06:44 PM
Have not received mine yet in Los Angeles. I still have faith, I'll wait a couple days before I start to worry.

etquick2003@yahoo.com
06-20-2017, 11:17 PM
Crimson Officer I just got mine today in Bakersfield so you should get yours any day now.

Slamgod7140@hotmail.com
06-20-2017, 11:49 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the response, buddy. Little calmer about it now. I've just had stuff show up on my doorstep the day after the tracking said it was delivered,..... opened and scrounged through as if looking for some thing of great value. Just worried Big Lob hit the wrong box and somebody's kid is playing with it. That's MY figure! I want to play with it!!!! Lol,

thehomegrowncollective@gmail.com
06-21-2017, 09:37 AM
Big Lob sighting on the west coast. Got it yesterday in LA. Great figure despite the articulation issue. One of my favs for sure!!!

gjwermund@gmail.com
06-21-2017, 05:32 PM
trust me slamgod I feel ya. Joliet mail is horrible. Most my stuff gets sent to the next street over thankfully my neighbor sends it over.

sheila4420@hotmail.com
06-21-2017, 09:01 PM
Anybody in Jersey get theirs yet?

dgarlit@gmail.com
06-27-2017, 10:28 AM
Anyone else still missing theirs? Wish we could get tracking numbers on these.

rjhiii@sover.net
06-27-2017, 11:10 AM
Great Mail Call this AM- Big Lob and my June Club Magazine... Yes, I almost always get the Club magazine the last week of the month...

wilsongj2002@hotmail.com
06-27-2017, 01:54 PM
No sign of anything in the U.K. at the moment

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
06-28-2017, 04:01 PM
"No sign of anything in the U.K. at the moment"

According to the front page I wouldn't expect anything until late July early August for outside the US.

cphillips80@msn.com
07-03-2017, 07:42 PM
Still haven't received mine either. But know others in state that have :(

Cry4daw@yahoo.com
07-08-2017, 08:25 PM
I havent received mine either. My buddy Dacre in NH received his on the 19th of June. I don't think he's even subscribed with the officer status