PDA

View Full Version : Going out with a bang!

rjhiii@sover.net
04-09-2016, 02:42 PM
If you haven't seen the pics of this year's crossover items shown at bot con, find your next favorite Joe forum and look them up! GI Joe CC home freakin' run!!!!

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
04-09-2016, 04:24 PM
In my opinion it provides very strong evidence of two figures who are out of the running for the mystery 13th

rjhiii@sover.net
04-09-2016, 05:12 PM
That also!, and knocks some off the FSS 5 list as well.

jimsnow70@aol.com
04-09-2016, 06:12 PM
And bought! Are these going to be available in the club store like the previous 2 crossover sets?

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
04-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Is that scarlette going to be available to joe club members??????

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
04-09-2016, 06:43 PM
Most likely being a crossover item

kwo_bubba@hotmail.com
04-10-2016, 06:50 AM
Sweet, I get to buy a whole set of junk I don't need just to get a NF Scarlett!

rjhiii@sover.net
04-10-2016, 08:32 AM
You won't have trouble selling off the rest. The Dr is highly requested and several people have expressed interest in the CC with Megatron gun. The hard part will be the TF themselves...

gjwermund@gmail.com
04-10-2016, 08:44 AM
which forum has the pictures?

axonrey@gmail.com
04-10-2016, 10:34 AM
but what's it gonna cost? given what the other crossovers cost, this has to be well north of $100. it'd be nice if they sold them as singles...

rjhiii@sover.net
04-10-2016, 10:49 AM
which forum has the pictures?

http://generalsjoes.com/2016/04/09/big-botcon-news-for-joefans-new-crossover-set-with-ninja-force-scarlett/

Plus FB GROUPS

kelty11@verizon.net
04-10-2016, 10:57 AM
I am really psyched for this set!! We finally get Ninja Force Scarlett (I am hoping that Dojo is in FSS5.0). It's a shame that the club will probably never get to Bushido, Banzai, punk rocker Zartan and that weird Purple sci-fi version of the Night Creeper.

Josiahdongraham@gmail.com
04-10-2016, 07:44 PM
I am so excited for this set! Ninja Force Scarlett is awesome!!! Dr. Biggles-Jones is someone I had never imagined would ever be made, but it is really cool that she is! Now that we are getting Ninja Force Scarlett I have my fingers crossed for Dojo in FSS5, and if I'm really lucking Bushido and Banzai as Convention exclusives maybe?? I can only hope.... Definitely have to get this set!

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
04-10-2016, 09:18 PM
Definitely have to get this set! AGREED no matter the $$$$

kelty11@verizon.net
04-11-2016, 08:57 AM
I am so excited for this set! Ninja Force Scarlett is awesome!!! Dr. Biggles-Jones is someone I had never imagined would ever be made, but it is really cool that she is! Now that we are getting Ninja Force Scarlett I have my fingers crossed for Dojo in FSS5, and if I'm really lucking Bushido and Banzai as Convention exclusives maybe?? I can only hope.... Definitely have to get this set!

Maybe we'll be surprised by some more multi-packs from club through the end of the year:
Remaining Ninja Force
South American Eco Warriors + Eco. Barbeque and Deep Six
Re-issue of Python Trooper and Tele-Viper from 2011 w/ Sparta, and Steel Cobra (PLEASE!!!)

rjhiii@sover.net
04-11-2016, 09:32 AM
I don't think we are going to get reissues, but I would hope for a lot of 2-3 packs of the characters that have been long wanted and not reproduced in the ME era or at all, like Dr. Biggles-Jones. Maybe Shooter and Cool Breeze? Mara and Raven? Mistress Amanda and Steel Raven (SKAAR)?

kelty11@verizon.net
04-11-2016, 11:52 AM
I don't think we are going to get reissues, but I would hope for a lot of 2-3 packs of the characters that have been long wanted and not reproduced in the ME era or at all, like Dr. Biggles-Jones. Maybe Shooter and Cool Breeze? Mara and Raven? Mistress Amanda and Steel Raven (SKAAR)?

I know many would not agree but I would like to see Steel Raven paired with Sgt. Savage and Gen. Blitz (??)

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
04-11-2016, 07:48 PM
Maybe we'll be surprised by some more multi-packs from club through the end of the year:
Remaining Ninja Force
South American Eco Warriors + Eco. Barbeque and Deep Six
Re-issue of Python Trooper and Tele-Viper from 2011 w/ Sparta, and Steel Cobra (PLEASE!!!)

I like your train of thought! I'd love for the club to do a "Best Of Fun Pub" series. 2 packs of reissues or repaints would be cool.

Sparta vs. Cobra De Aco
Dial Tone vs. Python Patrol Tele Viper Office
Red Jackal vs. Gaucho
Red Laser vs. Sgt. Slammer
Cover Girl vs. Kangor
Freestyle vs. Corrosao

I could go on and on, but at this time, it may just be wishful thinking.

kelty11@verizon.net
04-12-2016, 09:15 AM
I like your train of thought! I'd love for the club to do a "Best Of Fun Pub" series. 2 packs of reissues or repaints would be cool.

Sparta vs. Cobra De Aco
Dial Tone vs. Python Patrol Tele Viper Office
Red Jackal vs. Gaucho
Red Laser vs. Sgt. Slammer
Cover Girl vs. Kangor
Freestyle vs. Corrosao

I could go on and on, but at this time, it may just be wishful thinking.

Great pair-ups!. I suggested reissues of some of the popular Con figures because if the club is truly coming to an end - why not? Let the scalpers have fits about the depreciating values of the originals. Maybe they will finally realize that they caused this great hobby to be unenjoyable and unsustainable.

rjhiii@sover.net
04-12-2016, 09:20 AM
Could be another "Vault" sale where they have stuff tucked away coming... Of course you do realize the scalpers will try to scoop up all limited products the Club puts out to a. maintain the value of the older stuff they are selling and b. drive up the price of the new stuff. I think the club should do everything by subscription/presale this year and offer a ton of stuff. After all they will not need the extra inventory for the store, and go out with a huge bang.

04-12-2016, 10:40 AM
I think they should ro everything they can to ensure everyone that wants one if everything gets one. Maybe start the sale ahead of december and allow one per member and closer to december expand that to no limitations that way everyone who isnt huying to rip off fans and collectors has one and doesnt have to line anyones greedy pockets

rjhiii@sover.net
04-12-2016, 10:54 AM
preorders do the same thing. Collectors/fans can order ahead of time (like the FSS) so they are ensured the opportunity.

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
04-12-2016, 06:12 PM
any other images shown like the rodimus prime arcee?

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-13-2016, 10:44 AM
Kind of hoping that this is done like the Comicon sets with a painted comic book cover box. Would be a really nice piece with a reasonable facsimile of the original Marvel art.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-13-2016, 02:20 PM
They could probably get Andrew Wildman to either allow the old art to be used or do a new one.

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
04-13-2016, 05:34 PM
Nice set. Both female figures are long overdue. Cobra Commander is a waste of potential though. That character already has enough representation in the crossover series. They should've used that slot to update a more interesting character into the modern era. Looking forward to seeing the packaging. :cool:

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-14-2016, 11:01 AM
I get the addition of CC in black since they're trying to represent the comic book storyline (this was around the same time they reintroduced the original CC in the comics as Fred VII had been CC for around 50 issues) and this was the first time he wore a black uniform in the comics. So, from that perspective, I think it makes sense but, yes, some people will always want something more under-represented no matter what specific story they're trying to retell in action figure form.

Josiahdongraham@gmail.com
04-14-2016, 01:46 PM
I don't mind CC too much, wish they would give him the new Ultimate CC head though... that 25th head is getting really outdated even compared to the later 25th 5pack head.

markkurowski@hotmail.com
04-26-2016, 12:32 AM
I was glancing through some older posts in some other threads...someone mentioned the possibility of having more figures in the FSS 5.0 set. What a great idea, especially if FP wants to go out with a bang! Since so many of us want different figures that have not been released yet, what would be so wrong with having three joes per shipment? So instead of 13, make it an even 18. Of course they would charge more, but who among us would not be willing to pay a bit more to get the last Joes they plan on making to fill in the remaining gaps? They could even have the third Joe in each shipment remain a mystery too, just like the 13th one they do now.
The only thing I can think of is maybe a licensing issue...perhaps Hasbro won't let them? But if so, why not? Not like Hasbro is doing the greatest job...how many Blowtorches, Shipwrecks, and Snow Jobs do we need?...love them, but I would have preferred characters that have not been made yet in the ME version to take the cheap way out and simply repaint or repackage? Let's focus on filling in the gaps rather than a new viper or whatever to Army build. I think there are enough variety of vipers, BATs, and simple Cobra troopers already made to provide a strong enough Cobra army to battle the Joes. I rather have Crystal Ball and Raptor as the only two remaining major Cobra figures in the 5.0 set and fill the rest with the key Joes still missing from the ME ranks.
Sneak Peek V1, Fast Draw, Tan Clutch, TF Dusty, TF tripwire, TF Roadblock, RnR V2, Stalker V2, Blizzard, Wind Chill, Backblast, Recoil etc...please please listen to your fans...

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-27-2016, 11:13 AM
Wouldn't it be great if FP could at least keep this forum around as a resource for fans? Sure, a bunch of others already exist for that, but this forum is by far the best.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
04-27-2016, 02:14 PM
Wouldn't it be great if FP could at least keep this forum around as a resource for fans? Sure, a bunch of others already exist for that, but this forum is by far the best.

On the last day, someone needs to get screenshots of every page, and keep it alive.

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
04-27-2016, 02:36 PM
On the last day, someone needs to get screenshots of every page, and keep it alive.

CR you realize how many pages it would be????

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
04-27-2016, 11:22 PM
CR you realize how many pages it would be????

A lot, that's why I said "someone" and not "me." ;)

rjhiii@sover.net
04-28-2016, 10:01 AM
I hope that most Joe fans come to realize that the Club has given the ARAH fans almost 300 exclusive figures (about 20/ year and most ones that would never have been made otherwise) and kept the 12" line alive single handily over the last 14 yrs. It is disheartening to see that it just ends like this. I wish there were a way that Hasbro would let FunPub inc continue to do what it does, and focus on the "early lines" that the Collector's are asking for, and have the Hasbro Cinematic Universe and HasCon do it's own thing. Licensing 30 figures a year as a specialty item to fill holes of collectors (and adults trying to give kids the same figures they had growing up like my sister and I) just seems like a good way to push MORE product, and continue to maintain brand recognition for a line that has been around for 50 yrs with Hasbro having to do less of the heavy lifting so to speak. Like Hasbro, licensing exclusives to Target, Walmart, Amazon, BBTS except the Club does the work to put them together and sell them. In this case they would license the Club say 50 figures (in a run of 1,000, 2,000 5,000 figures etc) and x number of vehicles (just like a retailer, but in lower volume and less work on Hasbro's part) and let the club sell them the best way they see fit through their store, through a big party (convention), or through presale (FSS). I just don't get the decision as a whole... Isn't the idea to sell as much product as possible? To keep brand recognition high? To keep existing customers (12", AT, Super Joe and ARAH) and bring in new ones (Hasbro Shared Universe) at retail in general?

boudro72@yahoo.com
04-28-2016, 12:52 PM
I hope that most Joe fans come to realize that the Club has given the ARAH fans almost 300 exclusive figures (about 20/ year and most ones that would never have been made otherwise) and kept the 12" line alive single handily over the last 14 yrs. It is disheartening to see that it just ends like this. I wish there were a way that Hasbro would let FunPub inc continue to do what it does, and focus on the "early lines" that the Collector's are asking for, and have the Hasbro Cinematic Universe and HasCon do it's own thing. Licensing 30 figures a year as a specialty item to fill holes of collectors (and adults trying to give kids the same figures they had growing up like my sister and I) just seems like a good way to push MORE product, and continue to maintain brand recognition for a line that has been around for 50 yrs with Hasbro having to do less of the heavy lifting so to speak. Like Hasbro, licensing exclusives to Target, Walmart, Amazon, BBTS except the Club does the work to put them together and sell them. In this case they would license the Club say 50 figures (in a run of 1,000, 2,000 5,000 figures etc) and x number of vehicles (just like a retailer, but in lower volume and less work on Hasbro's part) and let the club sell them the best way they see fit through their store, through a big party (convention), or through presale (FSS). I just don't get the decision as a whole... Isn't the idea to sell as much product as possible? To keep brand recognition high? To keep existing customers (12", AT, Super Joe and ARAH) and bring in new ones (Hasbro Shared Universe) at retail in general?

that would have been nice.......just let the club focus on the older stuff with, maybe, some new ideas that hasbro wouldnt touch....
FSS and VSS type of ideas.....
no longer worry about the club book......
I just dont know if they would make enough money, Club, to keep the business going, with just GI Joe..

rjhiii@sover.net
04-28-2016, 01:31 PM
They could branch out into other Hasbro properties, or even other companies nostalgic properties. But then again it will never be.

kelty11@verizon.net
04-29-2016, 09:57 AM
They could branch out into other Hasbro properties, or even other companies nostalgic properties. But then again it will never be.

Unfortunately, I think that after 2 failed movies that generated tons of unsold stock (although you wouldn't know it now judging by the prices of ROC toys on ebay) and a wonderful 25th Anniversary/ME line that started strong but succumbed to the Hasbro plague of unavailability and was eventually canceled for the aforementioned movie figures Hasbro is finally putting Joe out to pasture. I believed I stated in another thread that Joe is hard property to market worldwide due to its pro-American patriotic overtones, etc, etc.

rjhiii@sover.net
04-29-2016, 11:39 AM
See I disagree, especially if you fold the Action Force in as part of an overall SHIELD type organization with each country having its own "teams" that work together when needed and are sometimes adversaries to complete a mission. I agree those horrible movies did GI Joe no favors, but GI Joe has some of the deepest, most developed characters in all of comic. The failure by a studio to use that property properly should fall on the Studio and Hasbro, not on the brand. I read the comments from the head of Hasbro about his "three boxes" and to highlight his point used Transformers as an example. Then he proceeded to get the history wrong, saying that using the three boxes they developed TF from just a "toy" in 1984 to a multi media property in the late 90's early 2000's which has led to TF success. Say what?!?!? He doesn't even know that the TF success is due to a combo of MARVEL comics and the Sunbow Cartoons in the 80's. TF would never have been a success if it wasn't already a multi media property, just like GI Joe! Hot Wheels is just a toy, Transformers were never just a toy. For the head of Hasbro to not even know the history to me is scary...

rjhiii@sover.net
04-29-2016, 11:47 AM
The link--- Why do I feel they are putting GI Joe (Their flagship brand for 50 years) in box 2?

http://www.inc.com/ilan-mochari/vijay-govindarajan-three-box-solution-innovation-hasbro-keurig.html

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
04-30-2016, 10:00 AM
Hasbro should be put in a box and buried. :mad: 1st they killed Star Wars collecting, and now Joe.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
05-19-2016, 10:26 PM
Hey, when that big sale launches later this year, if there are any of the "Man of Asia" accessory sets that pop up, save me one guys.

Also, a "Foreign Adventurer" figure and accessory set. (but more importantly the "Man of Asia" accessory set)

Thanks.

kelty11@verizon.net
05-20-2016, 11:14 AM
Hasbro should be put in a box and buried. :mad: 1st they killed Star Wars collecting, and now Joe.

I second the motion. I've collected SW since 1995 and I am actually considering giving it up as the recent focus on 6" is just not my cup of tea.

05-20-2016, 12:49 PM
This is just depressing