PDA

View Full Version : Static Line

firebaseryan@comcast.net
03-09-2016, 11:59 AM
The preview for Static Line is now up on the JoeCon website. He looks pretty spectacular :)

kelty11@verizon.net
03-09-2016, 12:21 PM
They saved the best for last!!

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
03-09-2016, 12:21 PM
First thing I noticed is his headsculpt looks like the vintage cardart compared to the actual figure which I have no problem with.

rcmejia@gmail.com
03-09-2016, 12:42 PM
I wonder if the visor does comes down? I would really be impressed if it does. I know that this action figures are the dream of the crop and this might be part of the evolution.

fostereben@gmail.com
03-09-2016, 12:49 PM
static line is a solid 8 but if the helmet was removable could have been a 10 out of 10. still a very nice figure.

axonrey@gmail.com
03-09-2016, 02:47 PM
Yeah, they pretty much knocked this one out of the park. It does make me lament they didn't use those legs for Bullhorn, since they had access to them.

Shadowcat01@hotmail.com
03-09-2016, 03:42 PM
static line is a solid 8 but if the helmet was removable could have been a 10 out of 10. still a very nice figure.

I agree. A great looking figure, but his helmet should have been removable. Not sure why his and Airborne's weren't, unless it was a cost factor. (That could also explain why some sites are reporting that Boss Fight Studios didn't do the heads this time around.) Either way, it's disappointing that the vintage figures outshine the modern ones on this point. On the plus side, the original Sky Patrol thankfully had unique colors that really helps to bridge the gap nowadays, even if things aren't perfect.

NS550@aol.com
03-09-2016, 05:00 PM

I don't know why they sculpt helmets on, it makes sense to me to have a separate helmet so they could reuse that part for future figures, now both he face and helmet would need to match. Plus removable helmets and hats have always been a huge plus for me when considering figures. There's a lot of lost potential in some of these figures.

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
03-09-2016, 05:24 PM
Looks good but removable helmet would be awesome