PDA

View Full Version : Altitude & Night Vulture

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
03-02-2016, 05:36 PM
Not bad. I was wondering how the club would pull these two off. Night Vulture resembles the original. Not sure about Altitude.

I was thinking the arms and legs were kind of off but after comparing the con altitude with the original I realized I was thinking of Airborne. This figure should have used the Slipstream mold to have been accurate.
Oh well. :/

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
03-02-2016, 06:29 PM
Is Altitude Vintage accurate no. I doubt too many will be since some of them used body molds that don't have ME equivalents. Will it keep me from acquiring the set? Course not. We'll have to settle for what we can get

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
03-02-2016, 07:22 PM
What head is that on alt? A buddy says he thinks its new but usually they say under the figure that its a new headsculpt if it is. Any ideas?

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
03-02-2016, 09:39 PM
What head is that on alt? A buddy says he thinks its new but usually they say under the figure that its a new headsculpt if it is. Any ideas?

That's Mercer

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
03-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Is Altitude Vintage accurate no. I doubt too many will be since some of them used body molds that don't have ME equivalents. Will it keep me from acquiring the set? Course not. We'll have to settle for what we can get

Sky Patrol was repaints with new heads. Other than Skydive and Static Line the others have figures that can be reused. They don't have to be exact repaints but the most noticeable features should be used. Motor viper vest for Airwave, Stratoviper vest for Dropzone, and Airborne should be a direct repaint of Lift Ticket with a new head. Altitude should have used Slipstream's arms at least. Static Line could use Low Light's torso and upper arms, with web gear that has a knife attatchment to mimic the chest knife of the original. If they don't look similar to the originals then give them a different name. Colors alone don't make it the same character. Take Skydive for example, the figure isn't vintage accurate but it came pretty dang close for what parts were used. You look at him and you know it's Skydive. As for settling, I can't if I'm to shell out $600 (shipping, exchange, customs, etc) for a set.

03-02-2016, 10:50 PM
That's Mercer
Really??? Ill have to take another look, i woudnt have guessed that, im having a hard ti e through the helmet/visor

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
03-02-2016, 11:04 PM
You can see his earrings.

rcmejia@gmail.com
03-03-2016, 01:40 AM
On night vulture. What's up with that big out of proportion knife on th web gear. If he already has a knife on hand why add an ugly unremovable orange knife.

03-03-2016, 03:57 AM
Yea i noticed that after i replied. Good call thanks.

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
03-03-2016, 09:36 AM
The 2 Sky Patrol figs are nice, but the 2 Cobra offerings are just bad. Especially that Night Vulture. The whole body except the head is v3 SE. 1 new Head outa the 4 we got thus far. I prey this is not going to be another set with only 4 new head sculpts.

kelty11@verizon.net
03-03-2016, 09:58 AM
Again, both are great. Keep them coming.

I just hope that the paradrop figure isn't Freefall.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
03-03-2016, 11:03 AM
On night vulture. What's up with that big out of proportion knife on th web gear. If he already has a knife on hand why add an ugly unremovable orange knife.

I believe it's removable. They are removable on the 2008 snake eyes figure.

Shadowcat01@hotmail.com
03-07-2016, 06:16 PM
These two are really well done, probably my faves of the set so far. The builds are obviously different compared to the vintage ones, but the colors do wonders to make them a good tribute. Overall I'm very pleased at this set, but at the same time I can only pine at how cool a Battleforce 2000 vs. The Plague set could have been if we had more time.