PDA

View Full Version : Skydive & Sky Creeper are up

fostereben@gmail.com
03-01-2016, 03:31 PM
Both look very nice well done Club.

http://www.gijoecon.com/co2016/RAH16figures.cfm

Josiahdongraham@gmail.com
03-01-2016, 04:26 PM
I don't post much, but this set deserves it! Sky Patrol is one of my favorite teams and it looks like the Club is doing them justice! Can't wait to see the rest of the set, especially Black Vulture and Flying Scorpion!

fostereben@gmail.com
03-01-2016, 04:27 PM
agree i am very interested to see Black Vulture and Flying Scorpion also.

darthjones@verizon.net
03-01-2016, 06:19 PM
Total win on Skydive and Sky Creeper. Can't wait for the rest of the revels :)

kristoffer.jackson@gmail.com
03-01-2016, 06:36 PM
Very cool, can't wait to see the rest!

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
03-01-2016, 07:48 PM
Two questions: one what head is that on skydive? Footloose? Two: this is my second year as a club member, i ordered my TF set from someone on ebay with the atendee vehicle at a decent price... So anyway, are there ever quick sell outs on the con sets when they go ip for sale? I know last years didnt, but this one seems to be garnering a bit more excitement, and i heRd the were issues with the 2012 set which was highly popular. So have there ever been problems with them selling out within seconds or do they just take orders for a certain ammount of time and order enough sets to fit the demand? Also, do they limit one per member?

Slamgod7140@hotmail.com
03-01-2016, 11:15 PM
The club I would suspect probably orders on a projected+10-15% basis. They have to to cover defects, and other QC issues with the Con sets. If they have a good batch with minimal defects, we may see a good amount of over run. If QC remains the way it's been lately though.... It may be a crap shoot, but my fingers are crossed so far my interest is held and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest!

Josiahdongraham@gmail.com
03-02-2016, 06:28 AM
A1L3YV1P3R2642, in answer to your first question it looks like 25th anniversary Mutt with an Ultimate Duke/Mouse helmet. I'm not sure on the second question though, this will be my first time registering for a con.

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
03-02-2016, 08:04 AM
Ill have to look at my mutt figure again, bc i thought mutt and bazooka had the same head and that doesnt look like bazookas head to me. Maybe ill just check yojoe

science_mrk@yahoo.com
03-02-2016, 12:45 PM
Both figures are a total win for me. So happy I will be attending this year's convention. Hopefully I can get two sets this year. Sky Creper is AWESOME! A totally under-appreciated later character that I learned to love after the IDW civil war series. Great job club. Can't wait for the rest.

kelty11@verizon.net
03-02-2016, 02:17 PM
Both look really great Can't wait to see the rest as well as the souvenirs.

I wish the club would sell the souvenirs as a set to non-attending members (I would purchase them sight unseen).

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
03-02-2016, 02:39 PM
Great job club! Thank you for putting Abutre Negro and Escorpiao Voador in the set, and not making them exclusives!

mmullin2@chw.edu
03-02-2016, 04:08 PM
After looking back at some of the figures, Skydive looks like he has Captain Claymore's head. They are about the closest that I have seen.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
03-02-2016, 04:59 PM
After looking back at some of the figures, Skydive looks like he has Captain Claymore's head. They are about the closest that I have seen.

No, it's Mutt's head.

They look good so far. Hate the neon though, but execution is good. I'm interested in the Sky Patrol figures but the Cobra figures are Meh to me, but I'll have to see the previews before I pass judgement.

rcmejia@gmail.com
03-02-2016, 05:07 PM
What does it matter what parts they use? Can we take the figures for what they are?

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
03-02-2016, 05:19 PM
What does it matter what parts they use? Can we take the figures for what they are?

Depends on what you want. If you care if they resemble the figures only by color, then no. But if you want the con figures to resemble the classic figures, then the parts used either make it or break it.

axonrey@gmail.com
03-03-2016, 11:46 AM
Depends on what you want. If you care if they resemble the figures only by color, then no. But if you want the con figures to resemble the classic figures, then the parts used either make it or break it.

Yeah, as much as these sets cost, the potential consumer has the right to scrutinize as much as he/she feels necessary.