PDA

View Full Version : 2016 GIJoeCon Brochure is available online!

Commander_Lane
02-26-2016, 05:06 PM
http://www.gijoeclub.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1439&d=1444332616

The wait is over and we have posted the 2016 G.I. Joe Collectors' Convention (GIJoeCon) brochure! Get all the amazing convention set and tour details for June 16th through June 19th in Loveland, Colorado.

We are looking forward to seeing all the G.I. Joe fans and collectors come together from across the world to celebrate at this fantastic event!

You can read all the exciting convention details by visiting our official website: http://GIJoeCon.com!

kristoffer.jackson@gmail.com
02-26-2016, 08:17 PM
Wow, looks great. I can't wait to register.

firebaseryan@comcast.net
02-26-2016, 11:25 PM
I feel the same way. I was hoping for Sky Patrol. And the whole set just sounds great.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
02-27-2016, 07:16 AM
I wish I could go, I love the Aquanaut.

axonrey@gmail.com
02-27-2016, 08:35 AM
I'm kind of relieved. I can't afford the set, and can live without Sky Patrol. But I'm happy for you guys that wanted it. I'll have to grab a few night vultures at done point though.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-27-2016, 10:38 AM
I don't recall the Cobra team at all from my collecting days and I only know Airborne from the Joes. Going to have to wait to see if there are any vehicles worth going to the 'con for. Of course, with something like "Sky Patrol" there should be some pretty awesome vehicles. Expecting at least on sky striker and some smaller vehicles. Apparently the Cobras will have gilders. Still, would it have killed them to at least put Wild Weasel in the Cobra group?

kelty11@verizon.net
02-27-2016, 11:45 AM
Wow. I am really excited. I hope they have enough for non-attending members as I see they increased the number of golden tickets.

My predictions for the souvenirs - Major Altitude (Interrogator is in FSS), Skymate, Cloudburst, Spirit, maybe some S. American Patrola do Ar?

jamieandvicki@gmail.com
02-27-2016, 02:41 PM
I love Sky Patol! I still have my original team and remember buying them:) Hopefully I can get them.

science_mrk@yahoo.com
02-28-2016, 03:00 PM
Well I am glad that I will be attending the con this year. The set sounds awesome! Looking forward to some chromed vehicles.

charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com
02-28-2016, 07:12 PM
Excited for this set. I have been suggesting this for a while. I foresee a chromed Conquest X-30 & we shall call it the "Sky Quest". Hopefully Wild Weasel makes it into the set or Convention somehow. I will not be able to attend the Convention, but will definitely secure a Homefront Hero set. Looking forward to the figures reveal. Have fun in Colorado.

efvogler3rd@yahoo.com
02-28-2016, 10:32 PM
Hell yeah! Sky Patrol is my dream set!

kelty11@verizon.net
02-29-2016, 10:37 AM
Just realized that we are getting two Brazilian Figures

Flying Scorpion - Escapioa Voador
Black Vulture - Abutre Negro

Very cool!!

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
02-29-2016, 10:50 AM
Curious to see the builds of these, especially the Cobra figures.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-29-2016, 11:16 AM
Club, when do we get to see figure previews?

arock1922@yahoo.com
02-29-2016, 12:18 PM

Yeah, don't we usually get figure previews before registration opens?

mmullin2@chw.edu
02-29-2016, 04:21 PM
I too have the original sky patrol figures and vehicles. Would love to get this set as well. keeping my fingers crossed.

funpubincadmin
02-29-2016, 05:24 PM

Please visit our official GIJoeCon website for updates. The 2016 Box Set previews start March 1st.

pedro1861@yahoo.com
03-01-2016, 01:35 PM
When are you going to post the registration?

drewdown83@hotmail.com
03-01-2016, 03:55 PM
### ### ### ## ###?

funpubincadmin
03-01-2016, 04:35 PM
When are you going to post the registration?

An email will be sent to ALL club members when Registration goes live. Keep watching for updates on our official GIJoeCon website.

fostereben@gmail.com
03-01-2016, 04:43 PM
An email will be sent to ALL club members when Registration goes live. Keep watching for updates on our official GIJoeCon website.

will it be after all the figures are revealed? or during the process of the reveals?

morgardee@hotmail.com
03-02-2016, 06:13 PM
Cool. I like Sky Patrol. I can't make the trip but I'll do the home front set.

I know in the past chroming had become a problem. Cobra Mortal in the 2013 didn't have a chrome head due to some issues, so I'm not holding my breath for chrome vehicles this year. Hopefully you've found a new source for chroming at least one vehicle. Just don't chrome any snake armour. ;)

giants5680@yahoo.com
03-05-2016, 03:08 AM
Hopefully the paint/chrome on the vehicles will be the same as the Sky Patrol logo stands. After hearing how hard it is to chrome these days. I think they will possibly be painted the same as the Altitude or Airwave helmets.

Bring on Drop Zone...Just found out he's an Okie! Sweet!

stevebchu@hotmail.com
03-28-2016, 03:01 PM
I just got the green light to attend Joecon from my better half last week. I am super excited!!! I have been to Botcon and SDCC many times, but never to Joecon. This will be a lot of fun. I am especially grateful to be able to attend this year if this is the last Joe Con. I think the Club has done a very good job with the conventions over the years, and I'm looking forward to this one.

The exclusives look pretty solid, I'm a huge fan of chrome vehicles, so I'm hoping that we get some vehicles with a nice shiny chrome metallic finish. That would be awesome! Given the theme of Sky Patrol, I am thinking that we will get a lof of air vehicles? Some fans speculated about perhaps getting a Tomahawk/Eaglehawk repainted into Cobra colors?