PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Con Set?

pd300@lowcountry.com
11-25-2013, 08:09 PM
When will we start getting hints as to what the con sets will be?

justin@generalsjoes.com
11-26-2013, 01:23 PM
Brian mentioned that he wanted to start registration by Thanksgiving...I think it's evident that this probably isn't going to happen, but we should start hearing more about the set in concert with the brochure release, which normally comes soon before registration itself... I would imagine we'll have some hint in the next month or so! Can't wait! One of my favorite times of the year is the convention set reveal.

marccallison@gmail.com
11-26-2013, 04:05 PM
I'd like to see previews starting after thanksgiving and then start registration first of the year myself.

justin@generalsjoes.com
11-26-2013, 07:31 PM
I could go with that. Registration is always tough to balance so close to the holidays, but I know the Club doesn't have much extra time to work with...

odb360@live.com
11-27-2013, 07:59 AM
That would be nice...let the wallet heal a little post-Christmas...gotta say I am stoked to see what's happening this year as for the first time in years that between budget, work, and kids I can finally make it to my first con...

funpubincadmin
11-27-2013, 04:05 PM
The 2014 convention brochure is being reviewed by Hasbro and we will post full event and set details as soon as it is approved. The information will be posted on our GIJoeCon website with registration to follow.

dwhernandez72@gmail.com
11-27-2013, 04:53 PM
I love the reveals for the Con Set...just like the shadow boxes on the old Real American Heroes cardbacks. I'm also hoping for a pre-Christmas reveal and brochure/registration sometime in late January.

blubrd87@yahoo.com
11-27-2013, 04:58 PM
I'm also in favor of registration after the first of the year. I think it went live in the middle of Jan last year, I could live with that.

dgmgundam@yahoo.com
11-27-2013, 07:20 PM
I know the Convention is an annual event, so holidays expenses or not, I have been budgeting for the Con since the last one. Bring on the registration! I am looking forward to it!

fostereben@gmail.com
11-29-2013, 01:42 PM
i am ready for registration also. the sooner it goes live the better as i like to get things paid for asap. curious how long it takes Hasbro to go over the brochure.

fostereben@gmail.com
12-10-2013, 05:01 PM
The 2014 convention brochure is being reviewed by Hasbro and we will post full event and set details as soon as it is approved. The information will be posted on our GIJoeCon website with registration to follow.

any chance there is an update to this?

Commander_Lane
12-15-2013, 12:21 PM
Yes... the 2014 convention brochure is available on the convention website!

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
12-15-2013, 02:30 PM
The Descriptions of the Sets are in the Information section of the site. Both sound very cool, if only I could go, then I could whine about not being able to get on in Texas instead of Michigan. Even the Base Commander's package is more scratch than I'm willing to shell out for two GI Joes, limited as though they may be.

fostereben@gmail.com
12-15-2013, 05:15 PM
great set for the 3 3/4 set i can't wait to see the pics. i am one happy camper to get this set.

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
12-15-2013, 06:26 PM
I like the idea for the new 2014 exclusive set. Eco Warriors vs. Zombies sounds pretty cool. Can't wait to see some pics!

j_yoders@hotmail.com
12-16-2013, 08:24 AM
Never liked the Eco-warriors and cesspool stuff back in the day since it was all basically an excuse to make day-glo repaints of some older figures. I also never understood why Cobra would have a chemical weapons "CEO" type of character. It all seemed way too Captain Planet for me. I'll skip this one and hope they do Tiger Force vs. Cobra La in 2015.

justin@generalsjoes.com
12-16-2013, 10:37 AM
I for one am really excited to hear and see what the Con set shapes up to be. I wasn't a huge Eco Warriors (ahem... E.C.O. Force) fan back in the day, but I've learned to appreciate some elements of it, especially Cesspool and Clean Sweep. I think bringing in the zombie elements make a ton of sense as well, considering the popularity of those types of stories now.

What I think is really interesting is that the brochure mentions G.I. Joe team members potentially being infected, which adds some new wrinkles to things.

I also really love the whole dynamic with the "Zombie Hunters" conflicting with the "E.C.O. Force" in their main goals towards the zombies. Really neat storyline idea.

odb360@live.com
12-16-2013, 01:04 PM
I agree...it seems that they are brewing up something good by dropping that hint...really looking forward to seeing what they have up their sleeves...

zephin77@yahoo.com
12-16-2013, 11:24 PM
I agree...it seems that they are brewing up something good by dropping that hint...really looking forward to seeing what they have up their sleeves...

I think the lab rats might be some joe that are being turned into zombies

jimsnow70@aol.com
12-18-2013, 04:27 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing the pics of the set and the carded Joe Colton. I've been very pleased with the previous 2 sets.

chris_decobre@rocketmail.com
12-19-2013, 07:58 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing the pics of the set and the carded Joe Colton. I've been very pleased with the previous 2 sets.

Did I miss something here?!?!

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
12-19-2013, 11:52 AM

As far as I can tell, C_Decobre', included with the 12" set is an 3 3/4 inch Joe to celebrate all incarnations of GI Joe. Whether or not this is the one to which jimsnow is refering I don't know.

Arbrias@hotmail.com
12-19-2013, 02:07 PM

He is referring to a post the club made on their facebook page on 12/16, the post is as follows:

"We are getting questions about the 3 3/4" Joseph Colton figure for GIJoeCon.

'I see that there is a 3 3/4” Joseph Colton that comes with the General’s Package (with the club display stand system). I’m a 3 3/4” collector and don’t want to purchase the 12” set just to get this loose figure. Are there any plans to make this figure available to other attendees?'

Yes! We will be carding a number of these same figures (no display stand or backdrop) for our 3 3/4” attendees to have access to this figure.

This was left out of the brochure accidentally. We hope that answers everyone's questions."

12-20-2013, 10:33 AM
[QUOTE=Arbrias@hotmail.com;436]He is referring to a post the club made on their facebook page on 12/16, the post is as follows:

"We are getting questions about the 3 3/4" Joseph Colton figure for GIJoeCon.

'I see that there is a 3 3/4

mike.goodings@gmail.com
12-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Wow! I'm actually pretty excited to see how the ECO's turn out. The ECO's were just about the very last Joes I bought as a kid and while they weren't near my favorite Joes at the time, I have a lot more appreciation for them now. Something about that whole era striving hard to go green just brings back so many childhood memories. Looking very forward to some pics.

As for the Colton, have we yet learned what version this will be? Retaliation or Marvel Comics run?

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
12-20-2013, 02:20 PM
I think it should be a new interpretation, however, taking after the 60's joe a lot. Headsculpt inspired by the original, wih a body that suggests a hint of Adventure Team, but mostly taken over by ARAH. Including a M-1 Garand, M-1911 A-1, Hunting rifle and Revolver.

12-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the update. I'm not an avid user of Facebook and I really don't pay much mind to 12" figure announcements.

justin@generalsjoes.com
12-21-2013, 03:44 PM
Due to movie licensing issues I strongly doubt it's a Retaliation one. My guess is a modern one evocative of his classic look with the beret, etc... looking forward to seeing some pictures myself!

marccallison@gmail.com
01-02-2014, 03:15 PM
Any upcoming updates? Assuming we'll see all the figure mock-ups before registration?

bigbri101@hotmail.com
01-04-2014, 11:38 AM
I unfortunately cant go this year do to serious health problems. do They still make the sets and such available to order for those of us unable to go?
:confused:

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
01-04-2014, 12:44 PM
Yes, I've seen both the Base Commander Package and the Homefront Heros package advertised on the Convention website.
Try this out:
http://www.gijoecon.com/tx2014/dallas_2014_joe_brochure.pdf
Bottom of the Second page, right column.

fostereben@gmail.com
01-04-2014, 04:41 PM
Any upcoming updates? Assuming we'll see all the figure mock-ups before registration?

Last update was December 20th when the club posted Q&A questions. I really hope next week starting Monday we get something.

bigbri101@hotmail.com
01-05-2014, 02:30 PM
cheers ty bud

autobotcitycomics@hotmail.com
01-05-2014, 09:38 PM
I hope it goes live soon $ is burning a hole in my pocket

marccallison@gmail.com
01-10-2014, 10:57 AM
maybe start the weekend right by posting a pic of some convention item(s)? ;)

odb360@live.com
01-10-2014, 11:14 AM
I'm right there with ya, it would be a good start to the weekend with a little teaser...I was hoping that when they dropped the final pic for Cross Country that Con pics were soon to follow...

justin@generalsjoes.com
01-11-2014, 08:13 AM
They did say on their Facebook page that pictures would be "coming soon", so here's hoping... maybe even next week?! I guy can hope, can't he? :)

blubrd87@yahoo.com
01-13-2014, 07:29 PM
They did say on their Facebook page that pictures would be "coming soon", so here's hoping... maybe even next week?! I guy can hope, can't he? :)

I'm looking forward as well, but soon from the club can be rather subjective.

justin@generalsjoes.com
01-14-2014, 11:30 AM
According to the Club on Twitter we'll start seeing pictures today!

YAY! :D