PDA

View Full Version : GIJCC: 2016 3 3/4-inch Membership Incentive Figure!

Commander_Lane
10-14-2015, 11:06 AM
G.I. JOE COLLECTORS' CLUB
2016 FREE 3 3/4-Inch MEMBERSHIP FIGURE: PYTHONA

(Image depicts a digital prototype, final product may vary!)

The COBRA-LA EMISSARY: PYTHONA is the official G.I. Joe Collectors' Club FREE Membership Incentive Figure for 2016! This FREE modern era action figure will be sent to any G.I. Joe Club member that selects the 3 3/4-inch figure option and whose membership is active by March 16, 2016. This exclusive and never before released female figure features an amazing NEW head sculpt with removable hairpiece, along with other unique parts to re-create her unique character from the 1987 animated feature... G.I. Joe: The Movie!

This highly requested female action figure comes with classic file card and accessories, including: Cobra logo stand, removable cloak, and tentacle creature.

Make sure to check out the November 2015 issue of the official GIJCC magazine to see her full character artwork and special behind-the-scenes images of her design.

GIJCC Members can expect to receive this exclusive bagged figure with all her accessories and file card in late spring/early summer of 2016!

rjbarnhart@zoominternet.net
10-14-2015, 11:23 AM
Awesome! This is just what we've been waiting for. Thank you!

jedijones77@yahoo.com
10-14-2015, 11:54 AM
Great to finally see her in 3 dimensions!

Looks like they went with smooth body parts for the most part which is good. Except for that mid-torso piece. Is that pulled from a ROC Scarlett? That's a compromise but maybe an acceptable one. In some of the movie animation, some of her body parts look raised, some smooth. Overall the appearance seems to be smooth in the movie though and to its credit the figure looks mostly smooth.

The painting and coloring of the body look great. They captured the proper lava lamp effect well.

The soft goods cape isn't good. Looks very toyish and doesn't match the smooth appearance of the movie cape. It'd be good if a better fabric could be found before production starts.

The head sculpt looks very good. Nice detail on the earrings and ponytail. The eyebrow paint needs to be toned down. Those thick black lines are all wrong for her facial looks. It'd be better leaving them unpainted. The movie just had red in the eyebrow area with very thin black lines if any.

marccallison@gmail.com
10-14-2015, 12:17 PM
RoC Scarlet (armor) body...new head, new hands. Good job, Club!

Shadowcat01@hotmail.com
10-14-2015, 01:42 PM
Ummm wow! Just wow! This is the single most beautiful G.I. Joe figure I have ever seen. No joke. The thing I was worried about the most, was getting the sleek bodysuit and her iconic colors cartoon-accurate. I was deeply concerned she'd be “updated” by having those core aspects removed because it was difficult to do and would require several different applications of paint. Thankfully both factors were non-issues, as she looks wonderful. The makeup is also breathtaking. I could have dealt with no makeup, as I would have customized that myself---but to also get that is the icing on the cake. And clawed hands?! Did someone hack my email and forward my letter to Santa to the Club? Because this figure is exactly what I’ve wanted since the day I saw Pythona on the screen, and she is a brilliant. She is almost too good to be true. I just pray the actual product looks as good as the mock-ups. But for now, well done Club, well done indeed. You have just set a new bar!

jimsnow70@aol.com
10-14-2015, 02:22 PM
Winner! Can't wait to see the actual figure!

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
10-14-2015, 04:20 PM
####### awesome!!! Outstanding job club. Now just need a Cobra La con set.

jrgrfg@aol.com
10-14-2015, 07:16 PM
I was not a fan of Cobra La, for me it marked the precise moment when Gi Joe jumped the shark, but I must say that this is one awesome figure. I am eagerly awaiting adding this one to my collection. Great job!

rew97@live.com
10-14-2015, 08:30 PM
I hate Cobra La with a passion, but I cannot deny that is one awesome figure even if she will be on the back of my shelf next to Nemmy cakes.

julestobin@gmail.com
10-14-2015, 11:05 PM
Love the Cloth HOODED CAPE(Right SERPENTOR touch)! And that unidentifiable GREEN THING is back!!!

seanmjordan@gmail.com
10-15-2015, 09:42 AM
AWESOME.

Can't believe after all this time we're finally getting Pythona AND Billy in the same year. Thanks Club!

Looking forward to coming to my first JoeCon in 2016 too. Yo Joe!

kelty11@verizon.net
10-15-2015, 10:01 AM
ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!:)

This is the best membership figure released to date! Can't wait for the inevitable Cobra-La Convention Set or FSS editions.

charles.phillips@penske.com
10-15-2015, 10:07 AM
This is probably a 10! Can't find anything i don't like. Hope the production turns out to be as good as this. With the con in the summer this will the first time in a few years we get the incentive figure before the con. Cobra-La set seems to be what's coming and it's got me wondering what Joes would be included in that set. Will it be a set of Joes from the movie or some other team? I would think that since the club makes a new story for each con set that they could put any one they wanted from the Joes.

jakenshelley@hotmail.com
10-15-2015, 01:42 PM
Respectfully, I must be the only voice of descent. Yuck. Cobra La was a disaster. I am guessing she is from the animated movie? (I could never get myself to watch that.) Hopefully next year a more military themed figure will be added.

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
10-15-2015, 06:24 PM
You are most definitely an absolutely miniscule minority here.

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
10-16-2015, 12:25 AM
I'm no cobra-la fan either, but I must say... I can't wait to add this to my collection!

kelty11@verizon.net
10-16-2015, 09:28 AM
I agree that Cobra-La is not my favorite aspect of GI Joe, but Pythona is simply beautiful.

mmullin2@chw.edu
10-17-2015, 05:21 AM
What can I say "She's a Beauty!!!!!!" One in a Million.

ozcouple@live.com
10-17-2015, 11:34 AM
I hate Cobra La with a passion, but I cannot deny that is one awesome figure even if she will be on the back of my shelf next to Nemmy cakes.

^^^This. But props to the Club for getting it right!

madisonbilly@ymail.com
10-27-2015, 07:16 PM
I for one loved the GI Joe movie with Cobra La. I thought the Rise of Cobra movie, which depicted Duke, Baroness, and Cobra Commander all besties was puke-worthy. Not certain it was even comicbook accurate.

Now that we have this amazing Pythona piece, I will hope and pray we see a new Golobulus. Maybe a 3-pack like the original release. They could use Nemesis Enforcer from the Lt. Falcon pack and add either a Cobra La guard or something amazing like Cobra La Scientist Cobra Commander before he changed... and a pod of spores and an interchangeable head with multiple eyes after he became exposed to the spores.

charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com
11-02-2015, 05:48 PM
FINALLY.... Thank you club. We the fans are pleased, happy and very appreciative of creation of Pythona. Good thing come to those who wait!!!

david_of_a_down@hotmail.com
11-28-2015, 07:35 PM
Awesome! Without doubts the most wanted and the best choice! Thanks again Gijoe Club!

williamson508@gmail.com
12-23-2015, 08:37 PM
Pythona looks great!! Looking forward to this for sure!

morgardee@hotmail.com
01-03-2016, 08:48 AM
Both the 3 3/4 inch and 12 inch figures are awesome this year. I would LOVE to see an option where I could buy both scales of figure at a fair price. Any chance of that happening?

funpubincadmin
01-04-2016, 02:33 PM
Club Members will be able to purchase additional figures (both scales) from the club store, after the membership figures have shipped out.

scdenny74@hotmail.com
01-05-2016, 01:55 AM
Great figure, thanks. Hope to see more from the movie!

morgardee@hotmail.com
01-18-2016, 06:03 PM
I understand that. I just thought it might be an incentive for people that are the fence about collecting both scale sizes if there was a deal on both scales. I'll be honest, with the Canadian dollar taking a nose dive this years 3 3/4 scale figure will cost me $95.97. Yup, almost $100 for one figure. You need to throw us international members a bone here. I'm border line cancelling. Not because of the product. I love the product, but not at $100 a figure.

What about moving the news letter to a digital format and saving the international price down to $50? You sell the membership figures for $25 on the web store, so you would still be making money form the toys, giving members a chance to buy FSS, come to the convention and this might help keep members that are getting close to cancelling. Besides, $50 is still more than the $44 US members have to pay.

It's something to consider and would go a long way with the collecting community if you came to the table and looked at alternative options.

Thank you.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
01-18-2016, 08:06 PM
I understand that. I just thought it might be an incentive for people that are the fence about collecting both scale sizes if there was a deal on both scales. I'll be honest, with the Canadian dollar taking a nose dive this years 3 3/4 scale figure will cost me $95.97. Yup, almost $100 for one figure. You need to throw us international members a bone here. I'm border line cancelling. Not because of the product. I love the product, but not at $100 a figure.

What about moving the news letter to a digital format and saving the international price down to $50? You sell the membership figures for $25 on the web store, so you would still be making money form the toys, giving members a chance to buy FSS, come to the convention and this might help keep members that are getting close to cancelling. Besides, $50 is still more than the $44 US members have to pay.

It's something to consider and would go a long way with the collecting community if you came to the table and looked at alternative options.

Thank you.

Never mind, I read your post on another forum and it was clearer there. But I still have one question

Are you suggesting a $50 international membership or Canadian membership with digital magazine?

The digital format is interesting, but it still costs money to operate a website. And if there were savings by doing that, then it would be nice if it was passed on to the members. But how many members would prefer it digitally? I actually like the magazine and wish it had more content.

rjhiii@sover.net
01-19-2016, 09:49 AM
I hate digital newsletters, newspapers, magazines, comics. I prefer paper...

gjwermund@gmail.com
01-19-2016, 09:07 PM
I also am not a fan of digital formats

morgardee@hotmail.com
01-22-2016, 06:26 AM
I'm suggesting it as an option. Those who hate digital format and prefer paper can keep the magazine.

Personally I hate the paper format. I never know what to do with the magazines so they end up in the recycling bin. They aren't traditional comic books, and even those I would love to unload as they take up space.

As for needing a web site for it, you don't. I use to write for the free Canadian G.I. Joe news letter from Joe Canuck and it was simple to do.

All I'm asking for is options, but at this point it doesn't seem to mater with the rumours going around this is the last year for Fun Publishing.

zartanfan@gmail.com
01-26-2016, 11:34 AM
Just renewed my membership and SOOO happy we are getting a Pythona figure after all these years!, THANK YOU!!!

sheila4420@hotmail.com
03-18-2016, 07:01 PM
I thought Cobra-La was pretty cool at least for the movie, but not long-term. Pythona and Nemesis Enforcer were awesome characters and I can't wait to get this figure. I always wondered why she was omitted from that series. She looks great and can't wait to open her. She's a definite keeper!

boostergold5@gmail.com
03-19-2016, 09:14 PM
I'm suggesting it as an option. Those who hate digital format and prefer paper can keep the magazine.

Personally I hate the paper format. I never know what to do with the magazines so they end up in the recycling bin. They aren't traditional comic books, and even those I would love to unload as they take up space.

As for needing a web site for it, you don't. I use to write for the free Canadian G.I. Joe news letter from Joe Canuck and it was simple to do.

All I'm asking for is options, but at this point it doesn't seem to mater with the rumours going around this is the last year for Fun Publishing.

They sell for $5-$10 on ebay, theyre just like regular comic books, hence the size. You can sell them at a comic store or give them away. Throwing them in garbage is just ignorant..

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
03-20-2016, 08:32 PM
Is this going to be available carded like the previous years incentive figures?

kent@funpubinc.com
03-22-2016, 12:37 PM
Pythona looks great! Good job guys :)

kelty11@verizon.net
03-23-2016, 09:11 AM
I've never purchased the carded versions but this year I might make an exception.

hamilton.hoffman@yahoo.com
05-02-2016, 09:49 AM
When is she going to ship? We usually have the membership figure by now. Anyone know?

arock1922@yahoo.com
05-02-2016, 11:50 AM
The last two years, my club figure didn't arrive until early June. I don't think it will ship until the end of May.

Unless Fun Pub has altered their schedule to accommodate getting ready for JoeCon, it'll probably still be a little while.

acglass@hotmail.com
05-27-2016, 12:02 PM
I expect we'll get an announcement once these are shipping.

Slamgod7140@hotmail.com
05-27-2016, 10:47 PM
Someone brought it to attention in another thread. Willing to bet Pythona doesn't ship till after the Con. Either that or the week of, due to the fact there will most likley be carded ones offered at the Con. I thinking earliest, maybe, end of June. Hope I'm wrong.

Samurai1138@gmail.com
07-09-2016, 11:14 AM
She arrived in the mail yesterday. Looks fantastic, but needs a Golobulus to stand with! My only issue, with the cost of the fan club, you'd think they send us a carded version, or at least both the 3 3/4 and 12 inch loose exclusives. All in all I love this club and hope it continues past 2018!!!

rjhiii@sover.net
07-09-2016, 11:41 AM
The extra postage for carded figures would not be covered. As is the membership figures go out bulk rate.

boostergold5@gmail.com
07-11-2016, 05:00 AM
But the same exact membership fee covers the larger 12 inch figures postage! Nice try defending the club though..

rjhiii@sover.net
07-11-2016, 06:44 AM
I think you will find the little figures help offset some of those costs. That is why the number of 12" figures are lower ( no real add ons) and the higher price in the store afterwards. The Club needs to serve both, and the "popular" line undetwrites the smaller line. The 12" are more expensive all around, more plastic, more weight=higher freight , tooling is probably about the same... It is a math problem

boostergold5@gmail.com
07-11-2016, 10:56 AM
I dont think I will find anything because the club never answers questions. I think you are just guessing like all of us. I dont think it would cost the club extra to ship carded figs, I think they enjoy selling us both types and THATS simple economics.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-11-2016, 03:23 PM
I ship stuff where I work all the time, you are right I am guessing, but it is an educated guess. and by offset some of the costs, I am talking about overall profit for the club... They probably have a larger margin on the ARAH 4 inch figures than they do the 12 inch just because of supply and demand.

rcmejia@gmail.com
07-11-2016, 06:02 PM
I would never pay $10 in shipping for a 3 3/4 figure but the club makes huge profit charging me $10 to ship me a poorly protected carded figure.

charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com
09-17-2016, 02:17 PM
Terrific figure. Excellent job GIJCC!!!