PDA

View Full Version : GIJCC: FSS 4.0 Final Previews and Deadline!

Commander_Lane
07-15-2015, 03:10 PM

Tonight is the deadline and we wanted to answer club member requests to see the heads under the helmets for our FSS 4.0 club exclusive: Barricade and Interrogator modern era action figures. As we posted previously, these required the use of existing head tools with a unique coloration to match their vintage counterparts. Check out the previews below...

G.I. JOE BUNKER BUSTER --- Code Name: BARRICADE

COBRA INFORMATION EXTRACTOR --- Code Name: INTERROGATOR

Don't miss out on ordering your FSS 4.0 subscription tonight (7/15) at midnight (Eastern time)!

marccallison@gmail.com
07-15-2015, 03:25 PM
That is an unfortunate head to use on Interrogator. Conversely, nice re-use of the Chuckles head.

axonrey@gmail.com
07-15-2015, 04:04 PM
Agreed. I can always pull a different head for Interrogator, I suppose.

axonrey@gmail.com
07-15-2015, 04:15 PM
You know, I always thought the vintage Barricade head looked like the Dusty head, with its parting and all. They should have used a blacked out Dusty for Barricade, and the Chuckles re-do for Bullhorn.

rew97@live.com
07-15-2015, 04:19 PM
It's cool the club is showing this stuff, but it is kind of taking the fun and mystery out finding out whats under the helmet when I have the figures in hand.

axonrey@gmail.com
07-15-2015, 04:46 PM
Perhaps, but for some it might be the difference between ordering and not. At least, I suspect that's what the club is counting on.

brian@funpubinc.com
07-15-2015, 04:49 PM
Please note that when you have helmets, not all heads will fit inside....

jamieandvicki@gmail.com
07-15-2015, 06:48 PM
Great choice for Barricade's head! The Interrogator head is nice on it's own, but I'm not digging it for him.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
07-15-2015, 07:35 PM
The re-use of Chuckles head might have me displaying him without the helmet on. I like it!

leo@joebattlelines.com
07-15-2015, 08:50 PM
Please note that when you have helmets, not all heads will fit inside....

Out of idle curiosity-- was any consideration given to trying to adapt the GvC era head? Or is the scale just not the right fit?

http://joebattlelines.com/images/reviews/dtc/viperlockdown/interrogatorhelmetdetail.jpg

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
07-15-2015, 10:04 PM
You know, I always thought the vintage Barricade head looked like the Dusty head, with its parting and all. They should have used a blacked out Dusty for Barricade, and the Chuckles re-do for Bullhorn.

Never thought of the chuckles head for bullhorn, that'd almost work perfectly, as would the dusty head for barricade. Maybe the dusty head wouldn't fit the helmet?

axonrey@gmail.com
07-16-2015, 04:32 AM
That Dusty head will fit most anything. The Chuckles head is a little bigger. I used that helmet for a Salvo and managed to fit both Serpentor and Dwayne Jonhson's Roadblock head in that thing. I think the comic from on high refers to an unmasked head for Interrogator, since that helmet was pulled from an 0-ring style figure, wherein the heads overall are much smaller.

morgardee@hotmail.com
07-16-2015, 06:40 AM
The Barricade looks really good. Interrogator is OK. I like the traditional Interrogator helmet so I'm cool with it not being a top choice pick for the head underneath.
Barricade is a bit on the silly side and probably my least favourite of this wave but I understand the reasons for including him, so giving him a really good head under the helmet is a good idea.

brian@funpubinc.com
07-16-2015, 06:10 PM
You can't "adapt" heads. You would have to make a whole new tool (mold) which would not make financial sense for s head that has a helmet.

rcmejia@gmail.com
07-16-2015, 06:47 PM
I collect my joes carded so a head inside the helmet makes no difference to me.