PDA

View Full Version : 12" Convention Set Idea

gwennen@q.com
06-02-2015, 12:26 PM
How about a revolutionary period 12" set. It could use the series "Turn Washington's Spies" as inspiration. Possible a queens ranger figure and an american civilian in black pants, white shirt, black outer coat with 3 corner hat.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
06-02-2015, 01:16 PM
GI Joe Collector's Convention 1999:

http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/gijoe/dc/

Continental Color Guard, 3rd U.S. Infantry (scroll down almost to the bottom).

gwennen@q.com
06-04-2015, 11:58 AM
GI Joe Collector's Convention 1999:

http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/gijoe/dc/

Continental Color Guard, 3rd U.S. Infantry (scroll down almost to the bottom).

I was thinking in addition to this set. A two figure set. The queens rangers have the green British uniform. A civilian like the minute man set from a few year back; but, with the more traditional black clothes worn during the period. Maybe even, original (1960's) joe bodies with the pony tail hair heads.

tkallspark@yahoo.com
06-04-2015, 12:05 PM
Interesting choice, Not sure how well those sold. But interesting. When it comes to the 12 inch stuff I stick to the Adventure Team era, but to each their own.

kelty11@verizon.net
06-07-2015, 11:02 AM
A another Revolutionary War era set would be cool , but I think the location would need to have a connection to the set i.e. Vermont or NY State for a Ethan Allen and Green Mountain Boys/ Brit at Ticonderoga set; S.C. for Swamp Fox and Col. Tarleton, etc.

I also think a civil war themed set would have been great since we have just passed the 150th of the war's end. I would love to see a set based on the WWII in New Guinea, Indonesia (Borneo) or Burma (Kokoda Trail, Merrill's Marauders, Australian and Chinese Nationalist Army Figures). These are aspects of the Pacific war that are almost completely forgotten because of the prominence of Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal, Okinawa, etc.

gwennen@q.com
06-12-2015, 02:44 PM
A another Revolutionary War era set would be cool , but I think the location would need to have a connection to the set i.e. Vermont or NY State for a Ethan Allen and Green Mountain Boys/ Brit at Ticonderoga set; S.C. for Swamp Fox and Col. Tarleton, etc.

I also think a civil war themed set would have been great since we have just passed the 150th of the war's end. I would love to see a set based on the WWII in New Guinea, Indonesia (Borneo) or Burma (Kokoda Trail, Merrill's Marauders, Australian and Chinese Nationalist Army Figures). These are aspects of the Pacific war that are almost completely forgotten because of the prominence of Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal, Okinawa, etc.

I think any of the above mention would make excellent sets. I know they try and reuse existing molds and many of the parts needed for these sets could be put together with items that have been previously molded.

dependable357@gmail.com
08-31-2015, 02:40 PM
Remember "Search for the Sasquatch"...? The Air Adventurer veered into Land Adventurer territory and it worked beautifully. I say do it again, but with the Sea Adventurer. Send him down the Amazon River in search of a bi-pedal Reptilian / Humanoid. This set would only require one tooled piece. Design the Reptilian with an opaque rubber body (including a decent paint job) over a wire frame as with the plush Sasquatch.

Could possibly do this as a two part set (Drive Into Danger / Last Man Standing) to include vehicle. The 1990's Action Man sets brought back the River Craft with boat motor and a seriously cool, six-wheeled ATV. Both Hasbro "Joe" sets and Action Man offered molded Zodiac style boats...some with motors. Surely the tooled molds for these items still exist. Any of the above vehicles would serve to complete the set. Any number of tooled Hasbro Accessories could be added to this.

dependable357@gmail.com
08-31-2015, 04:54 PM
Idea No. 2: In my opinion, it's about time the Adventure Team re-designates the "Black Adventurer" as...the "Desert Adventurer"...a former US Army Ranger... as more befits his desert khaki uniform and box theme. Although I don't care much for the Hasbro re-tooled head sculpt for those AT figures with the half beard and crew cut...Hasbro also tooled another head sculpt appropriate for the Black / Desert Adventurer.

This year (2015) Safari LTD produced a truly wicked looking creature: The Desert Dragon. A hybrid sort of monstrous, scorpion with dragon-like armor, teeth, and multiple red eyes (about the same scale as the spiders in "Eight Legs of Danger." In some ways, bigger).

Perhaps the AT Commander dispatches the Desert Adventurer to the remote regions of Algeria in Northern Africa...seeking to determine the origin and threat presented by these monstrous mutations. Who could be responsible for their creation? Dr. Venom? The Black Dragon Society? MARS? (As with Dr. Isotope vs. The Atomic Man, this set could introduce Dr. Venom as the GI Joe Club's next 12" annual figure. One can imagine the accessory set for this villain).

Hasbro already tooled a motor cycle / dirt bike for numerous GI Joe sets, including an Army Ranger set. Would it be too difficult to reproduce the desert tan version of this motor bike for our Desert Adventurer to elude such creatures, matching their speed and agility with AT ingenuity? No AT set, past or present, is complete without a super-articulate "Desert Adventurer."

dependable357@gmail.com
08-31-2015, 05:22 PM
Idea No. 3: Adventure Team Astronaut. Same blonde flock job with no beard. Remember the Hasbro "Deep Sea Diver?" (Blue uniform, yellow helmet, deep sea tools, etc...?) That helmet would make an awesome modern space suit helmet design, along with a silver foil space suit (you just can't beat a silver foil space suit, complete with the boots from the "Mercury / Friendship 7" set. Either silver molded hands...as with Hasbro "crash crew" style, or silver gloves as with Hasbro "AT Mars Astronaut" style, or silver "mittens" for SA / Gung Ho grip). Not sure about the astronaut's back pack, but I know Hasbro / Astro / AT tooled designs already exist. Pick one and make it happen.

Action Man came up with a Moon Rover not so long ago, and a sort of...weaponized...propelled...space pack system. How about adding one of these to our AT Astronaut? No new tooling required. Also, there are already enough toy companies who've produced "Alien Grays." Is it too expensive to add a couple of rubber aliens, molded in glow-in-the-dark green rubber/plastic...to make this set viable? As for weapons, hmmm. AT Reverse engineered laser or pulse beam pistols/rifles? Communications: Vehicle attached SATCOM system? So many options here.

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
08-31-2015, 06:21 PM
Idea No. 3: Adventure Team Astronaut. Same blonde flock job with no beard.

Have been hoping for this one for a while now. The Talking one. It's almost impossible to find a reasonably-priced one in good condition on after-market.

Have the Search for the Sasquatch set - it's awesome.

chesbond@gmail.com
09-01-2015, 02:50 PM
How about a search and rescue set; I was always a fan of tying a rope from one object to another allowing my adventure Joes the challenge of getting across. Oh the memories!

kelty11@verizon.net
09-02-2015, 09:58 AM
I think joint 12" and 3.75" space themed convention sets would be great. I would have to buy both. But the convention would have to be located in an area associated with the Space Program.

dependable357@gmail.com
09-03-2015, 08:43 PM
Ches 103 said: "How about a search and rescue set; I was always a fan of tying a rope from one object to another allowing my adventure Joes the challenge of getting across. Oh the memories!"

I agree. Yep, AT-SAR. I have a Man of Action and an Urban Adventurer outfitted in red and gray "Ultra Gear" with black trim ( from Lanard "Ultra Corps" sets I think) with a red 4-wheeler, Hasbro Smoke Jumper gear, and some other custom extras like tools, ropes, smoke canisters, chem lights, flares and such. It's a cool set. I would include a grappling hook with rappel harness (as with the Stealth Adventurer set) with black or red gloves/mittens (Dr. Isotope set). Can't rappel with bare hands. Too much friction. This set could also introduce: Sampson...the AT buddy dog. Hasbro had a cool German Shepard with it's National Guard set. Give Sampson a drape as with the Lanard SAR dog, AT insignia, transponder and collar (Newer White Tiger set) So Joe and Sampson are never lost from one another.