PDA

View Full Version : GIJCC: FSS 4.0 Barricade Preview!

Commander_Lane
05-21-2015, 10:01 AM
The fourth limited edition GIJCC Figure Subscription Service contains a variety of fan requested characters from all eras of the 3 3/4-inch G.I. Joe A Real American Hero series. This assortment includes classic 80's, 90's, international, and a never before released character to add to your modern era action figure collection.

Each single carded action figure features the highly articulated modern era sculpts with weapons and accessories to accomplish any mission! Please note that colors, accessories and body styles are subject to change. We will be filling in all pictures before the subscription period ends:

G.I. JOE BUNKER BUSTER: BARRICADE

(Based on the 1992 G.I. Joe action figure!)

Includes: removable helmet, submachine gun, door axe, shotgun, stun gun, battering ram launcher
and figure stand.

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
05-21-2015, 10:15 AM
Just a quick question. Are there going to be. Limited number of orders or will you take as many orders that come in until June 9th?

fostereben@gmail.com
05-21-2015, 10:17 AM
holly cow barricade looks fantastic.

funpubincadmin
05-21-2015, 10:18 AM
Just a quick question. Are there going to be. Limited number of orders or will you take as many orders that come in until June 9th?

This Figure Subscription Service is a "build to order process" so you can order as many as you like, until the order period closes.

rjhiii@sover.net
05-21-2015, 10:20 AM
Already ordered :)

kelty11@verizon.net
05-21-2015, 11:54 AM
holly cow barricade looks fantastic.

My mind has been totally blown!!. A great but rather so-so character from 1992 has been made into a fantastic figure. Also, I love the shotgun, breaching tool and what appear to be a spring loaded rocket launcher. Great homage to the spring loaded accessories from the 90's.

dgarlit@gmail.com
05-21-2015, 01:31 PM
Not a bad homage to the original. The Joe's version of Captain Power! I think I'd prefer a more open helmet (ala Sci-Fi)

rjhiii@sover.net
05-21-2015, 01:50 PM
Looks like the ROC Speed Metal helmet, the visor is removable

julestobin@gmail.com
05-21-2015, 04:16 PM
This figure I've been waiting for! He's got some NEW FUNKY METALLIC LOOK to him!! WOW! If this is BARRICADE the way he was suppose to be...will they make his COMIC BOOK APPEARANCES in SHIMMERING INK?

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
05-21-2015, 05:13 PM
Not a bad homage to the original. The Joe's version of Captain Power! I think I'd prefer a more open helmet (ala Sci-Fi)

Woahhh I forgot about captain power!!! Probably because I lost mine as a kid after it was possible to replace him...always had the dude with the cape though, I used him as darth vader before decently articulated (and easier to find) Star Wars figures came out in 95 or 97

Barricade does look great though. I'm super stoked for the rest.

Too bad no picture of the head sculpt... It doesn't say it includes a new one so I wonder what the head sculpt will be?

jimsnow70@aol.com
05-21-2015, 05:58 PM
Removable helmet hmmm? I wonder who's head sculpt they're going to use underneath?

rjhiii@sover.net
05-21-2015, 06:16 PM
Masked viper like Saw Viper or Steel Brigade masked head

arock1922@yahoo.com
05-21-2015, 07:07 PM
Even if they use an old head, I hope they use an unmasked head instead of a masked one

hb_chris@hotmail.com
05-21-2015, 08:41 PM
Man, I'd really prefer a different chest. Maybe the Desert Strike Duke chest used for Psyche-Out, or any chest that can wear Sci-Fi's armor. Not to mention it should use Sci-Fi's helmet so the lower face is visible!

Actually, City Strike (bank robber) Destro's mold would be perfect. That with Sci-Fi's helmet

slipknotx540@hotmail.com
05-21-2015, 10:40 PM
Yeah let's get the scifi helmet and saw viper torso plz they would look much better. He's a doorbuster not a guy In a futuristic suit.

gerardo.barsi@gmail.com
05-22-2015, 12:55 AM
Wow!!

This is one of the worst figures ever made in the 25 anniversary format!

All parts are bad. There are better parts available to make a "more accurate" Barricade figure. The only similarities that I can find with this figure and her vintage one, is the colours and the name.

Perchaps europeans don't have the same affinities than US people...

NS550@aol.com
05-22-2015, 07:50 AM
I agree with Dev71 about the helmet look but I can see the practicality of having the more covered version. Also i may be nitpicking a little bit but I kinda miss the backpack that holds his machine gun from the first version. All in all a great update, can't wait to see the rest.

NS550@aol.com
05-22-2015, 08:24 AM
I forgot about the saw viper torso, that is perfect for him, good call! I don't mind the helmet, i think it would look better with sci-fi's helmet but the torso would definitely be more accurate with the same mold as saw-viper

arock1922@yahoo.com
05-22-2015, 10:28 AM
I'm probably one of only 4 or 5 people that do, but I really like this figure. When I saw the name pop up at the convention this is almost exactly what I pictured in my mind.

I like the parts selection (wasn't expecting the CC/ IG arms though) but I think if there was more of the navy blue on the torso, it would look more like the segmented armor he came with and not so much like a gold "suit".

Just my opinion.

seanmjordan@gmail.com
05-22-2015, 12:30 PM
I hate to complain but I have to agree with the complaints about the torso choice, it really doesn't suit Barricade and looks clunky and odd.

Saw-Viper torso / arms would look much better.

Also his torso needs more blue, the all gold makes him look like Captain Power.

I know this is just a mockup – perhaps it's possible to look into changes?

On the plus side, I think Jammer is going to turn out awesome.

Commander_Lane
05-22-2015, 12:32 PM
Hi Guys,

thanks for your feedback... I wanted to address a couple misconceptions:

1) This is our interpretation based on tooling allowances. It is a Photoshop representation and the actual figure will not be "shiny" gold.
2) We accept constructive criticism and do not delete negative comments as long as they are not sarcastic or rude (per the forum guidelines).

Also, this figure is planned to use an existing unmasked head under the helmet.

julestobin@gmail.com
05-22-2015, 04:50 PM
I've noticed he's got a longer shoulder piece then the other, and a funky eyeball symbol on his chest!! Do you think that will change to?

tkallspark@yahoo.com
05-23-2015, 06:26 AM
This paves the way for Gears....Which to me as a fan is AWESOME, I like the update for Barricade, Can't wait to see the final product!

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
05-23-2015, 09:29 AM
I like the figure and would prefer the gold, the helmet and the gold remind me of a lord of the rings elve

science_mrk@yahoo.com
05-25-2015, 10:29 AM
I'm not a huge fan of this figure either at least not in it's current rendition. He looks almost like a Mystic Knight of Tir Na Nog (anyone remember those?) and not a GI Joe. I keep all my subscription service figures carded and unopened so I am hoping he will look a little better after final production

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
05-25-2015, 07:30 PM
Gold movie Ripcord?
Not familiar with the 90's joes so I'm not very enthusiastic about this set. Execution will be the major factor for me and this one just doesn't thrill me. Glad others are smitten.

ericfoerg@gmail.com
05-30-2015, 01:03 AM
This figure appears to have more dated parts than I care for, particularly when there is no new head tooling to compensate. They can't all be great I suppose

NS550@aol.com
07-14-2015, 11:12 PM
I haven't seen anything new about this figure since the original post so I was wondering if anyone has seen if there's any updates like what the head will look like underneath the helmet or any changes in parts. I understand these are not final designs and that there's a limit to the parts that can be used but I hope the final figure is able to capture as much of the original 90's version as possible. Please don't put a generic masked head underneath that helmet. Thank you!