PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect stand with box set

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
04-16-2015, 09:35 AM
When I reviewed my box set, I realized I had no wreckage stand and the stand says "Sgt. sabre Tooth" can any of the club officials, employees, moderators point me in the right direction of getting it swapped for one that says Wreckage? Thanks.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-16-2015, 09:36 AM
I think they actually all say that...

04-16-2015, 09:39 AM
Yea I was googling it and noticed that, did I miss something?

Guess I'll have to make one UNLESS the club has correct ones (hopefully?) because I can't ever get the font size or boldness just right on my custom stands

Slamgod7140@hotmail.com
04-16-2015, 10:23 AM
It says that to pay homage to the character TF wreckage should have been. I believe it was supposed to be a mail away, Brick and mortar exclusive from a set that was pulled at the last moment. That character was named Sabertooth. So in honor of what was anticipated, but never came to be, the Con TF exclusive set includes a stand labeled "Sabertooth" for Wreckage.

Any one, please! If my information is incorrect or off in the slightest, please correct me. Thank you

arock1922@yahoo.com
04-16-2015, 10:34 AM
I asked the club staff that question because I noticed it right away and they said yes, the stand says Sabretooth to pay homage to the unreleased character in the 1988 mail in catalogues. The stand being labeled Sabretooth is an intentional move by the club.

funpubincadmin
04-16-2015, 10:40 AM
Please note that the stands were produced with the original name of the planned action figure.

arock1922@yahoo.com
04-16-2015, 11:06 AM
Does anyone know why his name was changed to Wreckage in 2002-2003?

kelty11@verizon.net
04-16-2015, 11:13 AM
Please note that the stands were produced with the original name of the planned action figure.

OMG!! That is so cool. Thanks for another great surprise GJICC.

rjhiii@sover.net
04-16-2015, 03:41 PM
That would be because of the XMEN and MARVEL tradename issues most likely. Like Ghost Rider in the comics, where I do not think he was ever mentioned by name...

04-17-2015, 12:34 AM
I appreciate paying homage... But I am very perfectionist, so I will make a wreckage stand... The only problem is from MANY experiments in making my own stands, I believe you guys (the club, hasbro, whoever makes the stands) uses a bold that's bolder than standard text, but less bold than bold and the font is between 10 and 11 and I can't figure out how to compensate for this in Microsoft word so it won't match the rest of the figures... Works great for non sub team stands, but not so much when trying to match... I know I'm nuts

04-17-2015, 12:38 AM
That would be because of the XMEN and MARVEL tradename issues most likely. Like Ghost Rider in the comics, where I do not think he was ever mentioned by name...

IIsnthis why they changed the names of shockwave, mainframe, star duster etc etc for the 25th series? Not from xmen or marvel obviously, but other copyrights?

jimsnow70@aol.com
05-09-2015, 03:34 PM
IIsnthis why they changed the names of shockwave, mainframe, star duster etc etc for the 25th series? Not from xmen or marvel obviously, but other copyrights?

Shockwave and Mainframe are from Transformers, so that may have lead to the name change. Don't know about Starduster.

rjhiii@sover.net
05-09-2015, 03:57 PM
They may have also not renewed the copywrite and lost it in the case of Starduster/Skyduster