PDA

View Full Version : Toy R US 2015 Continues with All new G.I.JOE packs and SDCC vehicle packs

tkallspark@yahoo.com
04-11-2015, 04:58 PM
As if the Club's FSS 4.0 news wasn't enough Toys R US Continues to unleash the G.I.JOE brand Exclusively for 2015 and we get another AWESOME SDCC G.I.JOE Exclusive set featuring the Crimson Guard and G.I.JOE has captured a H.I.S.S.

tkallspark@yahoo.com
04-11-2015, 05:00 PM

jimsnow70@aol.com
04-11-2015, 05:23 PM
Gonna start saving now for these guys, I'll probably wind up picking up 80% of this line.

rew97@live.com
04-11-2015, 11:17 PM
Am so excited for that Firefly and Gung Ho, also the new Croc Master is growing on me and the more I look at Blowtorch in jungle deco the less annoyed I am he is taking up a slot again this year.

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
04-11-2015, 11:38 PM
Who is the pilot for the sky striker? I noticed in the hasbro case the stand is either blank or turned around

04-11-2015, 11:38 PM
Am so excited for that Firefly and Gung Ho, also the new Croc Master is growing on me and the more I look at Blowtorch in jungle deco the less annoyed I am he is taking up a slot again this year.

Not sure if im sold on this firefly over they cobra invasion firefly or not yet

I will say, i am happy they reused the old alpine (even though i already have him) because thats a WAY better alpine than the fss version IMO... althoug i wish they woyldve taken the chance to do duke properly instead of a redo of a (IMO) crappy headsculpt and the old hands

rew97@live.com
04-12-2015, 06:35 AM
I agree the Cobra invasion Firefly is a great figure, I just wish it was vintage accurate as that would have made it in my opinion the ultimate Firefly. This new Firefly while not 100% vintage accurate does remind me of how Firefly looked in his early appearences in the Marvel series, which really formed my love of the character.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
04-12-2015, 08:31 AM
I'm pumped for that Shipwreck/Cobra Commander deal. I don't care if I get anything else, I must have that.

kelty11@verizon.net
04-12-2015, 11:31 AM
Too many are SDCC exclusives. Does Hasbro always have to cater to the fan boy scalpers?

rcmejia@gmail.com
04-12-2015, 12:35 PM
The FUN PB ADMIN IS NOT FUN OF CRITISM.

shomemo2@gmail.com
04-12-2015, 05:51 PM
These were labelled at the con with a shelf date of august 2015

The red hooded cobra set looks sweet and the awe striker has a canopy that comes off the side not shown here it looks pretty cool too

jimsnow70@aol.com
04-12-2015, 06:42 PM
The SDCC stuff should be sold through TRU like they did with last years set.

funpubincadmin
04-12-2015, 08:06 PM
Per the Forum Guidelines, off topic comments will continue to be removed. This thread is for the discussion of the 2015 products only.

rew97@live.com
04-12-2015, 08:21 PM
I'm pumped for that Shipwreck/Cobra Commander deal. I don't care if I get anything else, I must have that.

I would love to see that CC in dark blue and gold like the vintage hooded figure.

04-12-2015, 08:21 PM
Are these going to be shared exclusives with BBTS again?

rew97@live.com
04-12-2015, 08:37 PM
Are these going to be shared exclusives with BBTS again?

Yes, I believe they are.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-12-2015, 10:20 PM
Glad I'm going to SDCC this year and will get a crack at these!

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
04-13-2015, 09:34 AM
Glad I'm going to SDCC this year and will get a crack at these!

Better get there early...

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-13-2015, 09:48 AM
I'll be there Thursday, so HOPEFULLY they won't be sold out by then. Can't make it for preview night.

Better get there early...

ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET
04-13-2015, 11:20 AM
The reveal gives us an idea of what molds are still available. Using the Sky Striker for Cobra means no Rattler. The HISS for a Joe tank means no Mauler or MBT. No play sets and that is disappointing to me. I sure wish Hasbro would make that unreleased HISS launcher from Retaliation line. The 2005 HISS is a much better choice but they did that last year so I see why they used the original. A lot goes into the figure choices based on what the Club released or will. This 2015 line shows us as that Hasbro is not willing to make new molds or go further than a new head sculpt at least for now. With the JoeCon selling out this year that will certainly play a role in the future of new mold possibilities. Kenner kept their original Star Wars molds and I am sure Hasbro wished they'd done the same. So just keep in mind, if you all really want new sculpts and molds this is the place to press the issue. Speak up!!

rew97@live.com
04-13-2015, 04:48 PM
Did Hasbro mention anything about the plastic quality at the Con? Last years 50th figures had a different feel to them than just about any other ME Joes. It's not a deal breaker by any means but I was curious if it was addressed.

arock1922@yahoo.com
04-13-2015, 05:57 PM
I don't think Hasbro got rid of the molds. I thought I heard or read somewhere that a fire broke out in the warehouse where they were kept and over half of the old GI Joe vehicle molds were destroyed.

I've never been able to verify, but that would make sense to me as to why certain very popular vehicles have not been re-issued for the ME figures.

cdtweasel@aol.com
04-13-2015, 07:09 PM
The reveal gives us an idea of what molds are still available. Using the Sky Striker for Cobra means no Rattler. The HISS for a Joe tank means no Mauler or MBT. No play sets and that is disappointing to me. I sure wish Hasbro would make that unreleased HISS launcher from Retaliation line. The 2005 HISS is a much better choice but they did that last year so I see why they used the original. A lot goes into the figure choices based on what the Club released or will. This 2015 line shows us as that Hasbro is not willing to make new molds or go further than a new head sculpt at least for now. With the JoeCon selling out this year that will certainly play a role in the future of new mold possibilities. Kenner kept their original Star Wars molds and I am sure Hasbro wished they'd done the same. So just keep in mind, if you all really want new sculpts and molds this is the place to press the issue. Speak up!!

There was a mention that the Rattle mold had rusted. One of the two, De Priest I think, is a fan of the Rattler however and is wanting to get it back into the line up.

04-13-2015, 08:07 PM
The SDCC stuff should be sold through TRU like they did with last years set.

I did not realize they did that, they must not have lasted long

julestobin@gmail.com
04-13-2015, 09:24 PM
Coooool! The RED CROC MASTER and BROWN 'POTATO' BLOWTORCH!!!!! GIVE THEM TO ME!!!!!!!!

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
04-13-2015, 10:40 PM
Man, the only thing that got me excited was the tribute figure for Gary "Goggles" Head, and maybe Chuckles.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-14-2015, 07:07 AM
How about a new Rattler mold? If they could use it for 25th Rattler and Tiger Rat, I don't see why not.

kelty11@verizon.net
04-16-2015, 11:15 AM
Two Bazooka figures in a period of 6 months. Although I despise that blue camo - Dusty and Bazooka should have colored for Night Force.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-16-2015, 11:17 AM
Really glad I got a comicon pass this year. Looking forward to picking the exclusives up in San Diego.

kelty11@verizon.net
05-05-2015, 11:11 AM
It's a shame that Hasbro didn't take advantage of the opportunity and release a Jinx vs. Zarana (classic colors) 2-pack. Maybe next year.

rjhiii@sover.net
05-05-2015, 02:02 PM
I did not realize they did that, they must not have lasted long

Yeah the SDCC exclusive sold out through the limited number on the TRU website in ten minutes...

rew97@live.com
05-07-2015, 07:56 PM
Only 4 months to go before this stuff is released. Can't wait, it's gonna be a long summer.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
05-08-2015, 12:42 PM
Really looking forward to these. Hoping I can acquire them at Comicon!

kelty11@verizon.net
05-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Some suggestions for next year:
Jinx and Zarana
Crazy Legs and Annihilator
Shadow Hunter and Recondo (Cobra Island Set)
Concept Case Rock N Roll with Alley Vipers (Orange and Blue and Black/Red POC)
Python Trooper and Tele-Viper with Slaughter's Marauders Mutt (Operation Dragonfire)

I suppose I can email Hasbro these suggestions.

rew97@live.com
05-08-2015, 09:28 PM
Jinx and Zarana
Python Trooper and Tele-Viper with Slaughter's Marauders Mutt (Operation Dragonfire)

Also for the past two years Hasbro has re-released a very hard to get POC figure into the line up, last year was Low Light this year is the Rock Viper. Next year I hope they re-release Shadow Tracker ( in new deco if possible.) as he is right up their in secondary markets prices as the two listed above.

seanbennett232@yahoo.com
05-08-2015, 11:17 PM
Also for the past two years Hasbro has re-released a very hard to get POC figure into the line up, last year was Low Light this year is the Rock Viper. Next year I hope they re-release Shadow Tracker ( in new deco if possible.) as he is right up their in secondary markets prices as the two listed above.

The 50th Low Light is slightly different than the POC LL. I agree with the Shadow Tracker. I was never able to get one even though WalMart had several in stock one day and I didn't have my wallet, by the time I returned they were gone.

kelty11@verizon.net
05-09-2015, 10:34 AM

If this trend of one HTF figure per year continues it will be ten years before collectors get many of these figures. Hasbro needs to start being more aggressive with their line-ups. I think that the list I suggested would be instant hits for the Hasbro and TRU.

ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET
05-09-2015, 06:14 PM
Jinx and Zarana

Here is your best link to Hasbro. The Club considers all suggestions.

rew97@live.com
05-09-2015, 08:21 PM
Are Slaughter's Marauders even able to be made? We got the 7 pack several years ago and that is all we have in the ME format. The Marauder's themselves should have no legal issues to them as another figure of Slaughter would at this point. So I am curious why no new Marauders have been made.

Also in regards to the 50th line, I notice all the figures being re-released are all figures Hasbro not the club has released, and this does not include SDCC items.

kelty11@verizon.net
05-10-2015, 10:41 AM
Also in regards to the 50th line, I notice all the figures being re-released are all figures Hasbro not the club has released, and this does not include SDCC items.

Doesn't Hasbro own rights to all gi joe figure designs and molds? I assume that even the FSS character designs are essentially Hasbro property. Couldn't they just release Darklon if they wanted to or do they need some sort of clearance from the club? As for Sgt. Slaughter, it is a shame his 2010 figure can't be re-released somehow. Hasbro should try to work out a deal with him. Afterall, he was the face of gi joe from 1986 to 1991 (commercials, episode intros, etc)

boostergold5@gmail.com
05-10-2015, 03:25 PM
The HISS for a Joe tank means no Mauler or MBT.

If you were a club member a few years ago you might remember the story of how theres no more Mauler tank mold. The Mauler was supposed to be released as a club special item two-set. They were going to do half of them blue for Cobra and half green or brown for GI Joe and the run was 500-1000 I think. Halfway through the run, the Mauler mold broke and the orders all had to be refunded. It was a main part on the mold that was broken and fixing it would have meant redoing the whole mold.
The original Mobat one was used in the big Target boxed set a few years ago, shouldnt be too hard to still get one.
I feel like using 'the enemys' equipment repainted is a copout. Why would GI Joe use a Hiss tank..? Wouldnt they just disassemble it?

tkallspark@yahoo.com
05-10-2015, 04:58 PM
Forget the mauler, use the patriot grizzly, It could be the new mauler or new mobat (with a fresh coat of paint).

arock1922@yahoo.com
05-10-2015, 10:52 PM
Doesn't Hasbro own rights to all gi joe figure designs and molds? I assume that even the FSS character designs are essentially Hasbro property. Couldn't they just release Darklon if they wanted to or do they need some sort of clearance from the club? As for Sgt. Slaughter, it is a shame his 2010 figure can't be re-released somehow. Hasbro should try to work out a deal with him. Afterall, he was the face of gi joe from 1986 to 1991 (commercials, episode intros, etc)

I don't think the issue of copyright falls on Sgt. Slaughter himself but on WWE Entertainment. The character known as Sgt. Slaughter was created in WWE and the copyright is owned by them. They probably have been approached about rights to make another figure but knowing them, they probably want an armored truck full of money to do so.

rjhiii@sover.net
05-11-2015, 05:57 AM
WWE would license, but they have already licensed the entire legends line to Mattel. For the WWE to allow HASBRO to use Sgt Slaughter, Mattel would have to allow the sub license. I think the two Sarge's we got is the only time they will allow it.

kelty11@verizon.net
05-11-2015, 09:34 AM
I'd love to see the Grizzly again as I never purchased it the back in 2004 and 2005.

kelty11@verizon.net
05-11-2015, 09:35 AM
I don't think the issue of copyright falls on Sgt. Slaughter himself but on WWE Entertainment. The character known as Sgt. Slaughter was created in WWE and the copyright is owned by them. They probably have been approached about rights to make another figure but knowing them, they probably want an armored truck full of money to do so.

Right!. I think Mattel currently has the license for WWE products. It's too bad the actual wrestler/ actor doesn't own the rights to his own image (WWE may have created the character, but HE made it famous).

rjhiii@sover.net
05-11-2015, 02:15 PM
He could do what the Rock and some others have done and buy it back, but the ROI for the price right now might not be the best.

rew97@live.com
05-11-2015, 07:07 PM
Right!. I think Mattel currently has the license for WWE products. It's too bad the actual wrestler/ actor doesn't own the rights to his own image (WWE may have created the character, but HE made it famous).

Yeah, it's sad that Joe fans can't have some awesome figures made, because the rights are owned by a company that can't even sell their trademark product, meaning Barbie.

rjhiii@sover.net
05-11-2015, 07:40 PM
Yeah, it's sad that Joe fans can't have some awesome figures made, because the rights are owned by a company that can't even sell their trademark product, meaning Barbie.

The same argument that We Joe fans are saying about HASBRO. I didn't realize Barbie was out of fashion with children also. Interesting...

rew97@live.com
05-11-2015, 07:46 PM
The difference between Hasbro and Joe and Matty and Barbie is Barbie can be found just about anywhere, while a lot of recent Joe product never made it to the shelves (at least in my area.)

Also, if you are interested I believe Mattel's CEO had to step down recently due to sales (of Barbie in particular being so low.) The article should be easy to find.

kelty11@verizon.net
05-12-2015, 09:21 AM
The same argument that We Joe fans are saying about HASBRO. I didn't realize Barbie was out of fashion with children also. Interesting...

In my opinion the only companies that can get lots of new product to shelves and then replenish quickly are Playmates (TMNT) and Bandai (Power Rangers). TRU, Target, etc consistently receive new stock for these lines and the shelves are fully stocked about 70% of the time (GI JOE - 50% (when new product is offered) Star Wars - 15% (BS Wave 2 from 2013 was last I've seen in any retail store).

j_yoders@hotmail.com
05-12-2015, 02:06 PM
Looking forward to purchasing these at comicon!

rjhiii@sover.net
05-12-2015, 03:55 PM
and let the gouging begin... Retail... $99.99 but pre order it from online auction for $325 shipped!

rew97@live.com
05-12-2015, 07:18 PM
and let the gouging begin... Retail... $99.99 but pre order it from online auction for $325 shipped!

Luckily for me, about all of what I want wil be available at TRU/BBTS. It's sad though that product that is to be released a few months from now is already cost prohibitive for so many collectors.

kelty11@verizon.net
05-13-2015, 11:40 AM

That's crazy!!. We don't event know how popular it will be and someone is already selling it for $325. I am going to hedge by bets and assume that it won't command more than $180-$190 by September.

kelty11@verizon.net
06-23-2015, 03:26 PM
There are some great pictures online of the Desert Duel Box set - looks great.

I'll definitely try to get this from TRU when it is available.