PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Joe Con Customs Class Details

alyoshas_corner@yahoo.com
03-22-2015, 12:19 AM
While I can't divulge all the details for the customs class until registration goes live, I did want to let you guys know that we should have all the paint, supplies and related materials on hand that you need to assemble your class figure. If you have a favorite brush or type of paint the you prefer to use, I would suggest that you maybe bring that.

We will be using standard hobby supply glue, accelerant, Testors Model Masters paints, and this year I was able to get some really decent Taklon #0 brushes for decent detail work. I still have the majority of the supplies from last years class, so those will be available as well. Those who attended last year should have a good idea.

Keep your eyes peeled for registration notices and information on what parts to bring for your build and the character details. Those will be posted as soon as possible when registration goes up. See you in Springfield!

Con Custom Class Updates on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GIJoeCon-Official/278579735490540

https://www.facebook.com/GIJoeCollectorsClub

https://www.facebook.com/Alyosha.Russoff

alyoshas_corner@yahoo.com
04-04-2015, 12:37 AM
And here is the final update:

Con Customizing Class final preview pics. Shown are all items you will get a class participant. Be sure to read each part of the descriptions, as there are some special details you NEED to be aware of.

Tools and belts for the custom BATS parts were loaned out by Don Maue, Brian Kauffman, Dave Lee, Seth Stolly, and Kenny Poole. Tell them thank you!

First pic is the bagged set of parts, as I hope to put them in your hands next Thursday morning.

Second pic is the full set, all laid out in detail. Note the silver metallic Star Brigade waterslide, a little bonus from FineClonier.com (they were supposed to just be white).

Final image is the reason to stay in class and BUILD your custom instead of sticking your set on Ebay you unscrupulous scalper! If you build your custom in class, and bring it up to show me before you leave, you get one of these BATS construction sets. But that's the ONLY way.

ozcouple@live.com
04-04-2015, 10:29 AM
That was a great idea to slow the scalper aspect! Mad props.

I personally don't mind scalping of exclusives, but it would be plain WRONG to scalp these pieces, as it means a seat at the custom class was taken from someone who would otherwise been geeked to customize. That would really suck!!!

tkallspark@yahoo.com
04-05-2015, 09:26 AM
Love RoboJOE!!!!

charles.phillips@penske.com
04-06-2015, 09:26 AM
Pretty freaking cool...can't wait. It is a shame when someone who wants to get in has their seat taken by someone who skates immediately.

I'm not a good customizer so I'm hoping for some hands on help. Really looking forward this.

arock1922@yahoo.com
04-06-2015, 10:01 AM
Maybe the club should start a policy that if you go to the customizing class and you either leave early or at the end of class you have not built your custom figure, it gets confiscated and the person has to eat his entry fee for profiteering something that is so limited.

ozcouple@live.com
04-06-2015, 02:40 PM
Maybe the club should start a policy that if you go to the customizing class and you either leave early or at the end of class you have not built your custom figure, it gets confiscated and the person has to eat his entry fee for profiteering something that is so limited.

You could never/nor should anyone enforce that. It's America; we protect the jerks, too.

Just provide a good incentive to stay, just like what's being done.

Slamgod7140@hotmail.com
04-06-2015, 10:06 PM

Gotta agree with Ozzie on this one, Rock. We can only hope some good customs come out of it. Wish we we could've afforded the time and money to jump at this. This sounds really fun! And what an awesome concept. If i had one to toy with, I think it would be really cool to stick with the theme for this years con and gone Tiger Force with this custom project! Man, I cant wait to get there. This is going to be a an awesome time!!!