PDA

View Full Version : JoeCon '15 attendee exclusive speculation thread

Shadowcat01@hotmail.com
02-12-2015, 06:01 PM
Well, it's that time again---time to speculate on what the club might offer in terms of attendee bonus items this year. If I were to take a guess, I would say a Tiger Cat is a possible since the Club just did the HAVOC MK 11 not that long ago, and could have done a production run of 'Cats at the same time. The Tiger Shark is also a possibility since the theme takes place on an island.

For a paradrop (if it happens), a TF Ripcord would make a lot of sense since he was originally in the concept set but was never released here---and they seem to be combining this set with the 2003 TRU one. However, an Iron Anvil could also be a paradrop, since they are paratroopers.

As for extra figure sets, that may be more dicey, as there are a lot of potential figures that could be made with existing tooling. However, given the Club's penchant for foreign exclusives, I would not put it out of the realm of possibility we may get some European TF figures.

Finally, I was thinking about the con set's story line of a billionaire’s island being taken over by Cobra, and I think it would have been more clever if that would have been billionaire Owen Van Mark's island instead of this Monety Springfield III's. If anyone remembers the Sunbow episode "The Million Dollar Medic", his daughter, Bree, falls for Lifeline, and it would be cool if she was a bonus figure. After all, at the end of the episode she asks "Maybe I can be a Joe someday?" Maybe she did, plus this could have tied into Lifeline. It is not to be, but it would have been a cool Easter Egg.

EDIT: A Jinx is also a possibility, since she was in the 2003 set and they have that the Retaliation Jinx mold available; as well as the version they used for Vypra.

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
02-12-2015, 07:09 PM
I'd love to see a TARGAT 3 pack, though for Those of us not fortunate enough to be able to be there, it would be better for figure subscription

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
02-12-2015, 08:24 PM
I would love to see a 12" Aquanaut figure. He was way cool looking. But he'd skyrocket on the secondary market though. Another pipe dream. :(

kelty11@verizon.net
02-13-2015, 10:22 AM
I foresee Ripcord being the para drop figure.

I beg the club not to use the Targat's for a three pack as once again (i.e. Annihilator) fans will probably be forever cut off from a great 1989 troop builder. Unless the club or Hasbro deigns to reissue it.

Other ideas: I would say no on Frostbite and Tigercat and Blizzard b/c of tropical setting, but there is still Sneak Peek, Tunnel Rat, etc. (Psyche-out and Hit and Run would just be too redundant). The club should surprise us with some original TF figures- Footloose, etc.)

rew97@live.com
02-13-2015, 10:38 AM
I second your request for the club NOT to use TARGAT as an exclusive.

kelty11@verizon.net
02-13-2015, 12:10 PM
The Club three pack should be the 2011 30th IG Figures in the black and red deco with a touch of camo. or maybe the Baroness with 2 of these guys.
Two pack: Footloose and Sneak Peek (this would open the way to FSS 4.0)

02-13-2015, 01:01 PM
I'd rather see TARGAT as a subscription exclusive myself, but coming from someone who spent $300 on the annihilator pack, I'd probably do the same for another favorite if I had to... I'd rather my money go to the club for it as opposed to scalpers

Fordhthckr@gmail.com
03-24-2015, 10:59 PM
wild guess here....but did anyone notice the name of a figure on the box itself??? Call me crazy, but there just might be a Destro mixed in the exclusives

markkurowski@hotmail.com
03-25-2015, 02:05 AM
I'd like to see a bagged three pack of TF Roadblock, Tripwire and Bazooka. Makes sense to me as they were part of the original TF team. A tigershark would be cool for the island theme. Ripcord could be the parachute drop as he's flown over by skystriker (who is another TF original team member Hope it's not Crazylegs since he was just done for the 2013 convention. Another possibility is TF Wild Bill and his helicopter. He could drop in the parachutist.

03-25-2015, 04:27 AM
I'd be a bit let down with wild bill myself, for one, we already have a decent version of tiger force wild ill with the plane (can't think of the proper name for it) from the target exclusives that I just bought to go along with this tiger force set, so it'd be kind of disappointing to have a repeat of something we already have... I know I said a TARGAT three pack, but how bout a maggot vehicle/ WORMS combo?