PDA

View Full Version : Joe Con Homefront Heroes

rjhiii@sover.net
02-04-2015, 05:46 PM
I don't see why the Club doesn't offer the Set/ Packages ahead of time, instead of waiting for all the reveals. Just like the FSS, some of us would buy them right away. Others will wait and see I know, but again some of us will trust the club and put our money down right off.

funpubincadmin
02-04-2015, 06:48 PM
This depends on when registration is available and when the majority of convention packages are purchased.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-04-2015, 06:50 PM
I am one of the "take my money already" guys ;)

cardensb@hotmail.com
02-04-2015, 10:27 PM
I agree, I would just likely sign up now if I had a list of the contents and a cost. I would also pre-order the exclusives to receive as part of a Homefront Heroes package. Then they could better guess on the quantities sold by the GIJCC and not encourage the secondary market mark-up which yields them no more money.

tkallspark@yahoo.com
02-05-2015, 07:48 AM
I agree! If I had a list and costs I'd preorder a set, the collectors club always has such unique sets.

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
02-05-2015, 11:02 AM
@Admin, in other words, home front heros wont be on sale until a majority of con packages are purchased? Does that also mean available quantities depend on how many are left after packages are purchased as well?

kelty11@verizon.net
02-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Wait a minute. I can't purchase a home front heroes package until after the attending packages go live? What if they all sell out? As member of the club I believe the convention sets should be readily available to all members, attending or not, at the same time. Otherwise, if you miss it your're stuck paying hundreds more for the set.

I don't understand this. I could be wrong though. We need some clarification.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-05-2015, 11:50 AM
I think the homefront packages has to go live with the rest/same time so there are enough sets for those actually attending. However, I am fine with preordering and waiting 6 months for it to come via the mail. I do it with the FSS without batting an eye. This way those tha attend get another exclusive of sorts- the first to see, touch and own the sets.

kelty11@verizon.net
02-05-2015, 12:38 PM
I would love to be able to pre-order the set. The club should also offer the souvenirs for preorder as well. I would buy most of them sight unseen.

02-05-2015, 01:27 PM
Ok, the way the admin made it sound was homefront heroes will go on sale after.attendees buy their sets... meaning if thy sold out or most were sold those of us unable to attend only get a fairly small shot if any at all at them... but this ia wrong yes?

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
02-05-2015, 01:52 PM
If not attending, you can "register" for non-attending packages.
Any sets not sold at convention will be available in the Club Store after the convention.
Not 100% sure on the sets.
But 99.9% sure the convention exclusives are not available until AFTER the convention.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-05-2015, 02:02 PM
We all get a very slim shot once registration opens. The Operation Bear Trap was such a hit they had to do a second run because I believe some attendees did not get their sets. I think the Homefront heroes pre ordered and then the ones produced all go to the con. If they sell out, the club orders the number of sets to fulfill the preorders.

As for the souvenirs/exclusives It would be nice, but they have to have something special for those going. That said, I wish they would produce enough so that they would show up in the Club store and not sell out at the Con.

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
02-05-2015, 02:46 PM
The part that makes absolutely no sense on convention exclusives is that those attending can buy multiples. They do so, then sell them on secondary market for crazy prices.

Sure the attendees should get first crack. I get that. But excluding Club (non-attending) members so attendees can make a profit is just wrong.

kelty11@verizon.net
02-05-2015, 03:15 PM
Do you mean that if I order and pay $400 for a non-attending package there is a chance that I may not receive it? How is that even possible? That does not seem fair. If X number of people register for the non-attending package won't the club simply put aside sets for those people? If I pay for an item I would like to receive it.

I think this issue needs to be cleared up by the Club. I always thought that if you ordered the non-attending package the club would mail it to you several weeks after the convention.

arock1922@yahoo.com
02-05-2015, 03:23 PM
The part that makes absolutely no sense on convention exclusives is that those attending can buy multiples. They do so, then sell them on secondary market for crazy prices.

Sure the attendees should get first crack. I get that. But excluding Club (non-attending) members so attendees can make a profit is just wrong.

Agreed 1000%

rjhiii@sover.net
02-05-2015, 03:26 PM
I always thought that if you ordered the non-attending package the club would mail it to you several weeks after the convention.

I believe that IS correct. I know the only time they had to do a second run was operation bear trap, and I heard that was because some members did not get theirs (demand was higher than expected). The only thing I remember is the countdown clock to register.

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
02-05-2015, 03:37 PM
I always thought that if you ordered the non-attending package the club would mail it to you several weeks after the convention.

Sorry - I may have worded it poorly. If you register for a non-attending package I believe you get it - just later. The rest of the sets, if there are any, go to Club Store after convention as well.

It's the exclusives that have the ambiguity...

02-05-2015, 05:27 PM
Anyone have any idea how quickly the Homefront heroes usually sell out? I see someone said a slim chance but how slim? Just looking for an estimate.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-05-2015, 07:24 PM
Slim in that I believe there are more members than sets produced, and if it is a really hot set everyone wants, it is like a black Friday Christmas rush...

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Shut up and take my money!

amaraljustin@hotmail.com
02-06-2015, 01:15 AM
Or how about the Club do a larger production run on the (non set) exclusives and not enable scalpers!
how about the club alow its PAYING members to order an entire set (the box set, paracute figure, kreo pack, bagged figures, vehicles, everything) STRAIGHT off the club site!

its not imaginable to think that most club members (including international) will be able to get to one single city in the US to get these items.

Dear Club, you can make more money this way! ;) we want to give you our money! we dont want the scalpers to have our money! :)

02-06-2015, 01:40 AM
So... Usually sells out within minutes? An hour? Hours?

02-06-2015, 01:41 AM
Agreed with attendee souvenirs... Although I believe the way of thinking is if they do that it leaves less incentive for folks to attend the con...

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
02-06-2015, 08:00 AM
It's sad if the major reason members attend the convention is for the exclusives.

And how does giving other Club members (who can't attend) access to exclusives dilute the experience for attendees?

kelty11@verizon.net
02-06-2015, 09:17 AM
This is great idea. I would gladly pay $1000 or whatever for a complete set. The club should offer this option for a week only. As I've stated before a great majority people (Myself excluded) probably would not pay for this anyway because you wouldn't know what you're purchasing until the convention reveals.

Everyone keeps saying that the souvenirs are to attract people to convention. I would think that any true fan or collector would attend the convention for the sheer fun or seeing friends, attending events, picking up items missing from collections, maybe doing some trading. If the only way to attract people to a GI Joe Convention is to offer souvenirs that are intended for scalpers then something is very wrong.

The souvenirs used to be great add-ons to the set but lately it seems that they are composed of essential characters (Darkon, Annihilator, Chuckles, etc.)

It is something to consider.

rjhiii@sover.net
02-06-2015, 09:39 AM
^____ Agree 1000%

02-06-2015, 10:19 AM
thats what i was told by other club members when asked about helping non attending members out with souvenirs, wether or not that is true @diluting the attending experience, i do not know.

amaraljustin@hotmail.com
02-06-2015, 03:05 PM
if we cany buy them off teh club site or pre order them, they should at least to larger production runs, and LIMIT the number of figures one person can buy. prefrebly, 1....

chaosda_man@yahoo.com
02-07-2015, 11:25 AM
It's sad if the major reason members attend the convention is for the exclusives.

And how does giving other Club members (who can't attend) access to exclusives dilute the experience for attendees?

They're a bonus, but I think attendance might drop off a bit if we were able to buy them from home. This will be my 5th Con, I don't go because I can buy exclusives, it would be a lot cheaper if I stayed home and payed scalper prices off ebay, trust me I've added it up. But, it is a lot of fun for me to be around all the crazy people like myself. I have a lot of fun geeking out. There are members that go and sell off the exclusives to off set they're trip. So those people may not go as much.

ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET
02-07-2015, 12:28 PM
They're a bonus, but I think attendance might drop off a bit if we were able to buy them from home. This will be my 5th Con, I don't go because I can buy exclusives, it would be a lot cheaper if I stayed home and payed scalper prices off ebay, trust me I've added it up. But, it is a lot of fun for me to be around all the crazy people like myself. I have a lot of fun geeking out. There are members that go and sell off the exclusives to off set they're trip. So those people may not go as much.

The experience of going to a con is more than the stuff to buy and resell. The panels are incredibly interesting. Seeing the voice actors brings back so many great memories. It's being surrounded by like fans and interacting that makes attendance.

02-07-2015, 12:56 PM
Yea, I may have re worded and remembered what I was told a bit different than what was actually said... Now that I think about it (I'd have to re check the post for sure) but they said that attendance would probably drop off a bit... Not totally...if the inscentive wasn't there. I'd be going for the purpose of not only adding to, and completing parts of my collection, but as the last poster said, for being around people who are as excited about Joes as I am, geeking out etc.

I wish I could go (I'm pretty jealous of the poster who has been to 5 joecons!!) but I joined the club in November, and didn't think to start saving for it in time. I will be going next year without a doubt. At least though, I can get my home front set. I am pretty excited about it. At first, I wasn't too thrilled, not a huge tiger force fan, but the Tiger Force paint looks way better than what I imagined... I've also been wanting Metal-Head and undertow since before I sold my O ring joes, and started collecting the modern sculpt(and only looked longingly at the awesome but expensive modern sculpt joes on eBay such as annihilator)... And since it's an Iron Grenadier set again, I'm hoping BEYOND HOPE that they release a three pack similar to the annihilators, except with TARGAT this time.... Also, on a side note, I'm hoping that metal head is the 1990 version, and not the battle corps version... Time will tell.

arock1922@yahoo.com
02-07-2015, 01:49 PM
... And since it's an Iron Grenadier set again, I'm hoping BEYOND HOPE that they release a three pack similar to the annihilators, except with TARGAT this time.... Also, on a side note, I'm hoping that metal head is the 1990 version, and not the battle corps version... Time will tell.

I second both of those comments!

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
02-07-2015, 03:50 PM
There are members that go and sell off the exclusives to off set they're trip. So those people may not go as much.

Scalping to ebay has become part of the process. That's the sad part.

Reminds me of the NHL teams that don't mind the scalpers selling off tickets right in front of the arena. So long as the team gets it's money.

02-07-2015, 04:56 PM
Doing the math, considering the costs of going and travel and room and board etc... its not cheap, however I DO wish the club could make available a VERY LIMITED set of the exclusives for those of us who cannot make it... Especially when most of us WOULD go if we could afford it... I will say again though, AT LEAST we get our shot at the box set, and if we need the rest for our collections, we can save up and buy off ebay... I have lots of souvenir sets (and I only started collecting the modern joes back in July) and have payed ebay prices for them...

kelty11@verizon.net
02-08-2015, 12:38 PM
I hope TARGAT isn't a bagged souvenir. I would prefer this to be widely available to club members. I think a lot of collectors were really burned by the Annihilators being super limited con sets.

02-08-2015, 01:05 PM
Yea I'd rather it be widely available as well, however, I'm just saying it would gO along with the set perfectly... I ended up paying 300 bucks for an annihilator three pack and I'd pay scalpers for TARGAT if I had no other choice but would be nice for everyone to get aFair shot at it. I won't be ble to go to the con so unfortunately I may be stuck :/

rew97@live.com
02-09-2015, 05:16 AM
I second both of those comments!

I'm with you on Metal Head but I really hope TARGAT is NOT the exclusive as I and I'm sure many others would hate to pay degenerate scalper prices for such an awesome character.

gi_eddo@yahoo.com
02-09-2015, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I don't really like that attending folks can get multiples of everything just to sell later.
The club would still get it's money if they allowed everyone in the club to have the opportunity to purchase everything.
I get that souvenirs are an incentive to attend, so it's not likely to change, but I think they should reconsider.
The whole fiasco with Crazy Legs last year really pissed me off. I waited in line for about two hours just to be told they were already sold out, primarily to golden ticket folks. Sorry, I know it sounds whiny. It just pissed me off.

wileyphoto@hotmail.com
02-19-2015, 01:25 PM
I agree with so many of you. My thing is this I don't have a problem with their being an exclusive for going to the con. However, there should be a least one for EVERY person that purchases an attendee package. If part of the incintive of me going is getting souviners then I should be able to get one right??? And if I don't Want to purchase the one that is set aside for me then it can go to the sells floor-someone will buy it for sure. I will be going this year but can't get there until Friday and there is a chance I might not get the souviners...I think that's crazy.
I also feel like everyone just can't go to a con lets be realistic and honest. So maybe a souviner package priced a little higher than at the con for members that purchase homefronts. Like others have said I would much rather pay the club than ebay and scalper prices.

02-19-2015, 07:03 PM
Indeed. I payed $310 for annihilators... Crazy

ggodsoe@comcast.net
02-20-2015, 09:27 PM
I was an at-home attendee in 2002. Then I heard about the attendee exclusive red HISS tank so I went on a campaign to get it on eBay. To the chagrin of my wife, I got into a deep bidding war and ended up winning it at the basic cost of most of an airline ticket at the time. After that, I made plans to go to San Fran for the 2003 show. I've been to every show since. I go less now for the set and more for another opportunity to see my friends again. The Homefront Hero set was my entry into the JoeCon world!

kelty11@verizon.net
02-22-2015, 12:02 PM
I have a suggestion for the club for next year, as it is probably too late this year. I read the FAQ and discovered that we can basically buy unlimited con sets, within reason. I think the club should limit us to only one set per attending and non-attending member for the first week of registration and then and only then let the scalpers have free reign. This will give real collectors and fans a chance to purchase a great piece for their collection. I don't mean to whine but guys (or gals) who buy 6 con sets are scalpers, plain and simple. They will sell them during the convention and after on ebay for twice or three times the price. They are not "investors" which would involve putting the sets away for years and then trying to unload them.

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
02-22-2015, 01:26 PM
guys (or gals) who buy 6 con sets are scalpers, plain and simple. They will sell them during the convention and after on ebay for twice or three times the price. They are not "investors" which would involve putting the sets away for years and then trying to unload them.

Pretty much - they want others to fund their trip.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-22-2015, 06:08 PM
Count me in the just take my money already camp.

boudro72@yahoo.com
02-22-2015, 10:23 PM
I don't mean to whine but guys (or gals) who buy 6 con sets are scalpers, plain and simple. They will sell them during the convention and after on ebay for twice or three times the price. They are not "investors" which would involve putting the sets away for years and then trying to unload them.

Pretty much - they want others to fund their trip.
I dont really agree with this, last year I was able to attend the con. I had others contact me prior to registration to see if I could buy box or bag sets for them. I bought a few extra, picked them up at the con and once I got home, I was able to ship them out and get most of the sets to people within a couple days of the con ending. All the prices were at cost and shipping, I didnt make any profit, nor was that the intent. I know of several people that do the same as me. One of the guys that is coming in from Canada is going to buy extra sets this year to bring back to his friends.

02-22-2015, 11:57 PM
That's AWESOME... it's seeming to be hard to find anyone to do the same... Now, I AM. A new club member, and have never been to a con, but a long time collector, so consid ring I haven't made any friends here yet, or any that are going to the con, maybe I just have to wait in line until I DO GO (come on 2016!!!) or until someone I know that's willing to do that do so. I will say, for you boudro72, the guy from Canada and ANYONE willing to do that, considering the possible profit involved, I have deep respect for you all.. In my opinion that is someone who cares about their fellow Joe fans instead of making or recovering easy bucks... Massive applause for you all... I can't wait to go and make a few fans happy and do the same!

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
02-23-2015, 08:22 AM
Sorry boudro72 for painting with such a broad brush. I commend you for helping out fellow Club collectors.

Unfortunately, I have seen comments on this site that "souvenirs are only for attendees" and some that have no issue charging over and above cost of items+shipping - the number of items that make it to the secondary market (with very high markup) is astounding.

And I do feel for those who attend and still come up short on popular items - they should be guaranteed at least one of each item.

wileyphoto@hotmail.com
02-23-2015, 08:52 AM
Unfortunately, I have seen comments on this site that "souvenirs are only for attendees" and some that have no issue charging over and above cost of items+shipping - the number of items that make it to the secondary market (with very high markup) is astounding.

And I do feel for those who attend and still come up short on popular items - they should be guaranteed at least one of each item.

Agreed every atendee purchasing a package should be able to have a souvenir alotted for them. That's what they say is the incentive is for going right? Well then they should get the incentive.

kelty11@verizon.net
02-24-2015, 08:46 AM
I take back my overly generalized comment concerning all who purchase more that 2 sets being scalpers.

All I was suggesting is that the club limit each interested member to one set during the FIRST WEEK of registration and then let people go back and order more. Or alternatively, let members place pre-orders for convention sets prior to the theme reveal. I certainly would pre-order a set in October or November without knowing its theme. This would permit the club to know that actual demand for these items so they can produce more than 750 to 1000 sets. Wouldn't the club make more money by producing at least 2000 conventions sets? They would still sell out and go for well over $500.

ejb25cornell@yahoo.com
02-24-2015, 09:01 AM
I don't believe the Club has posted quantities for the boxed sets over the last few years. I expect that they are making substantially more than they have in the past, and that is probably why you can still buy last year's set at the Club Store. I'm not sure limiting quantities for the first week would have any impact since they typically don't sell out.