PDA

View Full Version : 2015 GIJoeCon Questions

Commander_Lane
02-04-2015, 05:20 PM
When the Official 2015 G.I. Joe Collectors' Convention brochure is available online, please review and If you have any questions, post them here and we will create a FAQ page with the list of answers!

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
02-05-2015, 03:49 PM
I glanced through the brochure a couple times and I found no indication of a Parachute Drop. IS it on the plan and will the intended "victim" be a 3 3/4" Figure of a kreon.

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
02-05-2015, 05:05 PM
How do we order ho front heroes or is that not available yet?

02-05-2015, 05:08 PM
Oh, and when will they be available if not already @home front heroes

serpion3789@yahoo.com
02-05-2015, 05:21 PM
I'm new to the Joe Con experience. How do we order our package.

firebaseryan@comcast.net
02-05-2015, 06:54 PM
When will con registration open?

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-05-2015, 08:20 PM
Yeah, how/where do we register? I want to give you guys my money for goods and services.

andrewmolinari@aol.com
02-05-2015, 08:47 PM
I am new to all of this. How do I go about ordering a Tiger Force v Iron Grenadiers set for myself if I am not attending the show?

rent1374@hotmail.com
02-06-2015, 11:51 AM
When the Official 2015 G.I. Joe Collectors' Convention brochure is available online, please review and If you have any questions, post them here and we will create a FAQ page with the list of answers!

will there be free WiFi in the rooms this year for the hotel guest?

Gaudiuso@yahoo.com
02-06-2015, 12:12 PM
Will the 1/6 figure use the super-articulated body?

chaosda_man@yahoo.com
02-06-2015, 01:00 PM
I'm new to the Joe Con experience. How do we order our package.

You order it via http://www.gijoecon.com/il2015/ website. It is not available yet. You have to wait for them to add the Registration button on the left side of the page.

When will con registration open?

Yeah, how/where do we register? I want to give you guys my money for goods and services.

See above.

I am new to all of this. How do I go about ordering a Tiger Force v Iron Grenadiers set for myself if I am not attending the show?

When the registration is available via http://www.gijoecon.com/il2015/ website, you will select the Homefront Heros package.Then you can select the boxed set, bagged set, hat, T-shirt and they will ship them to your home. You are not able to buy exclusives. You can just purchase the boxed set if you like. I was just letting you know you are able to get a Hat and T-shirt if you like. You have to buy a boxed set in order to purchase a bagged set.

Oh, and when will they be available if not already @home front heroes

They usually do not tell us when registration is available, you'll just have to keep checking http://www.gijoecon.com/il2015/ for it to go live. Also look over the brochure http://www.gijoecon.com/il2015/springfield15brochure.pdf

arock1922@yahoo.com
02-06-2015, 02:28 PM
How much do the extra sets (2 figure Polybag, figure + vehicle, etc.) typically sell for at the convention?

And how quickly do they usually sell out?

If I can't make it down until Friday will that stuff be sold out?

chaosda_man@yahoo.com
02-07-2015, 11:19 AM
Well, last year the 2pk was around $65 and 3 pk $85. My memory is so bad...I got there on Thursday, so got everything and I can't remember what sold out on Thursday. Usually the 2pk and 3pks go fast, they sell out before the vehicles. There are 100 golden tickets and they can purchase 3ea, so that's 300 figures and they usually make 650-750, so that's a big chunk gone right there.

It changes every year, but usually everything is sold out by Friday. 2 or 3 items usually sell out on Thursday.

arock1922@yahoo.com
02-07-2015, 01:54 PM
Well, last year the 2pk was around $65 and 3 pk $85. My memory is so bad...I got there on Thursday, so got everything and I can't remember what sold out on Thursday. Usually the 2pk and 3pks go fast, they sell out before the vehicles. There are 100 golden tickets and they can purchase 3ea, so that's 300 figures and they usually make 650-750, so that's a big chunk gone right there.

It changes every year, but usually everything is sold out by Friday. 2 or 3 items usually sell out on Thursday.

Does a Golden Ticket ensure that I get at least one when I pick up my "packages" at registration or does the Golden Ticket just give me the right to get in line early with all of the scalpers?

kelty11@verizon.net
02-08-2015, 01:02 PM
Are there usually enough sets available for non-attending members. I've purchased my sets from the club after the convention last year and wasn't sure how this process works. Do non-attending sets sell out early in the registration period?

Any info would be great.

02-08-2015, 01:09 PM
From what I'm told, they sell out fairly quick, though this is my first year as a club member, so I'm sure someone else here can better answer your question.

02-08-2015, 01:14 PM
They usually do not tell us when registration is available, you'll just have to keep checking http://www.gijoecon.com/il2015/ for it to go live. Also look over the brochure http://www.gijoecon.com/il2015/springfield15brochure.pdf[/QUOTE]

Do they usually reveal all the figures befor the box set goes up for sale? Also, since they don't tell us, basically that means just keep refreshing the con page until the registration button pops up@home front heroes set?

Thanks for your help :)
Ugg sorry new at th message board, that didn't come out right, but that question was directed to Hahoo3

kelty11@verizon.net
02-09-2015, 09:40 AM
I actually looked at my emails regarding past year's conventions and the club has informed members when the registration is open. I've been a member for over ten years but only recently started buying con items (2012 and 13 from BBTS and '14 from the Club). It looks like the only set to sell out almost instantly was the Oktober Guard set, for obvious reasons. Even the 2011 set was available for several days.

chaosda_man@yahoo.com
02-09-2015, 11:25 AM
Are there usually enough sets available for non-attending members. I've purchased my sets from the club after the convention last year and wasn't sure how this process works. Do non-attending sets sell out early in the registration period?

Any info would be great.

You would want to buy your homefront heros set ASAP. If you want to guarantee getting one, I would not wait and see if they make it to the website after the Con.

From what I'm told, they sell out fairly quick, though this is my first year as a club member, so I'm sure someone else here can better answer your question.

Yes, the ME ones have been selling out fast. There was a year they made a 2nd run, but that was the only time and I doubt they'll do it again.

Does a Golden Ticket ensure that I get at least one when I pick up my "packages" at registration or does the Golden Ticket just give me the right to get in line early with all of the scalpers?

If you don't get there Thursday to pick it up, then no, it does not guarantee that you will get everything you want.

Do they usually reveal all the figures befor the box set goes up for sale? Also, since they don't tell us, basically that means just keep refreshing the con page until the registration button pops up@home front heroes set?

Thanks for your help :)
Ugg sorry new at th message board, that didn't come out right, but that question was directed to Hahoo3[/QUOTE]

Yes, they will reveal all the figures before putting the registration up. I do believe they email members when registration is live.

kelty11@verizon.net
02-09-2015, 11:39 AM
I am planning on ordering it as soon as I can. From what I can remember only the 2002, 2011 and 2012 sets sold out before the convention. Of the ME era sets 2009, 2013 and 2014 (still available) were available after the convention on the club website. 2011 and 2012 went like crazy for obvious reasons. I am assuming this year's set will be available after the con because the TF characters are mostly from the 2003 version of TF, but that's just speculation.

02-09-2015, 12:32 PM
PERFECT thank you SO much
OH, When you say "sold out before the convention" does that mean sold out as in, none available for the club store, or non for the club store AND for those who ordered the Homefront sets?

Thanks again.

boudro72@yahoo.com
02-09-2015, 01:29 PM
PERFECT thank you SO much
OH, When you say "sold out before the convention" does that mean sold out as in, none available for the club store, or non for the club store AND for those who ordered the Homefront sets?

Thanks again.

When you order a Con attending of Homefront Heroes set you will get one. If they sell out before or during the Con itself, then they will not have anything left to sell, unless they held some back. To my very limited knowledge, they try and sell all they can during registration and the event itself.
Once they are gone and you did not order one, then you will not be able to get it from the Club. Best bet is to order it when registration goes live, I wouldn't wait for after the Con to try and get one. The prices are the same either way.

sf49ersphan@aol.com
02-09-2015, 06:31 PM
Will the 1/6 figure use the super-articulated body?

Nope, picture of the figure is up, looks like timeless body with nose picker hands.

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
02-09-2015, 06:47 PM
Would have been nice if they updated with kung-fu grip. SA with Gung-Ho would have been my choice but maybe don't have any more parts for that.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-09-2015, 07:38 PM
When does registration open?

tkallspark@yahoo.com
02-10-2015, 02:21 AM
Seeing how this year there's no way I can make the con I would like to order my 12 inch set, with any 12" add ons from the boxed set (like the henchmen from a few years ago and the tent from the sasquatch set). so how do we go about getting these fine items for those of us who cannot attend, but want to purchase these fantastic items?

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
02-10-2015, 08:18 AM
Have they had any add-ons for 12" in last 4 years?

Not sure you can order the add-ons in advance. May have to wait until left-overs (if there are any) end up in store.

boudro72@yahoo.com
02-10-2015, 01:10 PM
If I have two memberships to the club under my name can I register twice?

If another member wants to register but is unable to attend would I be able to pickup his box/bag sets and the exclusives?

Also, if I get a Golden Ticket, once I paid, can I go back and add on other items, like extra box or bag sets, or t-shirts/hats and then pay the difference?

sf49ersphan@aol.com
02-10-2015, 01:23 PM
Have they had any add-ons for 12" in last 4 years?

Not sure you can order the add-ons in advance. May have to wait until left-overs (if there are any) end up in store.

I have never been to the con, that said:

2014 - No 12" add on figure
2013 - Black Dragon Guard figure in hazmat type suit, available after the con in the club store for a brief time
2012 - No 12" add on
2011 - Space Diver 12" add on figure, I don't think this one ever made the club store, I believe it was sold out at the CON ( if anyone has one they'd like to part with I'm all ears ;-) )
2010 - M.A.R.S. Henchman 12" figure Blonde fuzz head foreign head sculpt no heard with KFG hands

Prior to that the only Adventure team 12" ( I assume that's what you are looking for) were the Counter Culture adventurer and the Aged Adventurer in 2003 and 2004 respectively and i think a scuba diver in 2007 that went with that year's large 12" con set.

shmjh57@yahoo.com
02-10-2015, 11:20 PM
Will the bus for the Lincoln trip( wed trip) be able to transport a power chair? Not a wheelchair.

Omphalocele@gmail.com
02-11-2015, 10:50 AM
I have a few questions I haven't seen addressed here yet. I've looked over the brochure several times, I apologize if the answers to my questions were plain to see.
Due to life circumstances this year may be the only year I can attend Joecon for the forseeable future, so if I attend I want to go all out. (wife approved, got time off work). I decided that if I could attend the customizing class on Thursday, it will be well worth the expense and time. Heck I think I'd even get a golden ticket if there's one available. So here are my questions:

Would I register for the customizing class at the same time I register for the con?
Is there a way to reserve a spot in the class ahead of time?
Would the golden ticket option be selected at the same time of initial registration?
How quickly did the golden tickets and customizing class sell out last year?
For those who attend the class on Thursday, what's going on Friday besides the evening meet & greet?
Thank you for your time and patience

janovski@genevaonline.com
02-14-2015, 12:26 PM
Where do you send movies to for the contest. I see they are due by March 13th, but it doesn't say where to mail them

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
02-14-2015, 07:14 PM
How many vehicles are offered at the con and what are the prices usually? If the vehicles do not sell out at the con is their a huge price increase?

wileyphoto@hotmail.com
02-18-2015, 08:57 AM
Ok so I also have a few questions and from what I've read so far I don't see any answers from the club.
This will be my first con where I will be able to purchase and be involved. My first question to be clear, My father is coming along with me but in order for him to just walk around with me on Friday and Sat (after purchasing a package) he has to pay $125???
Also I will only be able to make it by mid day Friday. Does that mean I will not be able to get the souveniers (2 and 3 packs)?
Can we get some answers here Club please? Interested in some of the other questions as well.

ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET
02-18-2015, 10:28 AM
Ok so I also have a few questions and from what I've read so far I don't see any answers from the club.
This will be my first con where I will be able to purchase and be involved. My first question to be clear, My father is coming along with me but in order for him to just walk around with me on Friday and Sat (after purchasing a package) he has to pay $125???
Also I will only be able to make it by mid day Friday. Does that mean I will not be able to get the souveniers (2 and 3 packs)?
Can we get some answers here Club please? Interested in some of the other questions as well.

Your dad can just pay the day ticket price($15 last year) to walk the sales floor or see panels. The souvenirs are "while they last" but you should have time still on Friday. Have a great time. I have to miss it this year :( I am looking for someone to be my surrogate for extras and souvenirs though.

wileyphoto@hotmail.com
02-18-2015, 03:27 PM
Your dad can just pay the day ticket price($15 last year) to walk the sales floor or see panels. The souvenirs are "while they last" but you should have time still on Friday. Have a great time. I have to miss it this year :( I am looking for someone to be my surrogate for extras and souvenirs though.

Thanks. So what exactly does that Aid package do?

funpubincadmin
02-18-2015, 04:52 PM
Thanks for all your FAQ submissions. We have added the first round of questions to the 2015 GIJoeCon website... http://www.gijoecon.com/il2015/con15faq.cfm

We will continue to add answers as we go though this thread.

ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET
02-18-2015, 04:52 PM
Aid package gets your guest a name badge and into the early bird sales and awards dinner but no tours. So not sure if that $95 is worth it.

funpubincadmin
02-20-2015, 02:07 PM
We have added the next batch of FAQ submissions (with answers through 2/20) to the 2015 GIJoeCon website... http://www.gijoecon.com/il2015/con15faq.cfm

dougalanfranklin@gmail.com
02-22-2015, 08:13 PM
I'll be bringing my son, 8 years old, and I'm wondering what the difference is between the aide ticket or general admission? No dinner I assume for general admission but is there any other difference? Thanks!

wileyphoto@hotmail.com
02-23-2015, 08:43 AM
I'll be bringing my son, 8 years old, and I'm wondering what the difference is between the aide ticket or general admission? No dinner I assume for general admission but is there any other difference? Thanks!

This is a great question. One I didn't think needed to be asked. My 7 year old son will be with me as well. Please tell me I don't have to pay an Aide ticket for him.

ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET
02-23-2015, 09:13 AM
This is a great question. One I didn't think needed to be asked. My 7 year old son will be with me as well. Please tell me I don't have to pay an Aide ticket for him.

Already answered.

wileyphoto@hotmail.com
02-23-2015, 06:06 PM
Already answered.

I actually don't see it as answered. My grown bill paying father is completely different than my 7 year old son. He will literally just be walking around. He does not have a credit card or a checking account. And I'm not trying to be an to you Low Light or anything. I would just hate for my son or me to not go based off of an additional $125.

cb72572@yahoo.com
02-24-2015, 09:42 AM
I will be attending Joe Con and was wondering if I buy 2 box sets, will I be able to buy 2 sets of souviniers?

fostereben@gmail.com
02-24-2015, 11:34 AM
today the iron anvil was revealed the para trooper. does the figure come with a parachute

ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET
02-24-2015, 11:56 AM
I actually don't see it as answered. My grown bill paying father is completely different than my 7 year old son. He will literally just be walking around. He does not have a credit card or a checking account. And I'm not trying to be an to you Low Light or anything. I would just hate for my son or me to not go based off of an additional $125.

The con will have a general admission fee. Last year was $15. Anyone can go and the more the better!

02-25-2015, 05:20 AM
When registration goes live, will I have to re enter all my info (name, billing address and info etc) or will that be imported from my username in the club? In other words, will registering or buying a home set be as easy as it is to order something from the club store, or will I be re entering all my info?

wileyphoto@hotmail.com
02-25-2015, 10:09 AM
Sorry guys this is my first con doing all of this. Is the registration on the club store site? (when it goes live of course).

gerardo.barsi@gmail.com
02-25-2015, 12:57 PM
Your mail with the registration problems is really funny. You continue to prove us that humans can't learn from their mistakes!

funpubincadmin
02-25-2015, 01:56 PM
Hello everyone!

Here's the current registration update: We are still getting the final bugs worked out of the new version of the registration software. We are down to 9 critical issues and the programmer is working to correct them. As you know in development, sometimes when you fix one thing, it causes an error somewhere else. So, no registration this week. Unknown about next week at this time.

We are planning to put attending and non-attending up at the same time so both will fall in line with the first day (24 hr) exclusive pin (3 3/4" set) / jacket (12" set). We will also be extending the discount date for Exhibitors ordering multiple booths, so no worries.

Several of you have expressed concerns about the west coast dock workers slow down. Yes it is true that the ports are backed up for weeks maybe months. Because of this, we are bringing in all of the convention items via air freight and it will be really tight for the final shipment as it's coming in multiple waves.

I you have not made a hotel reservation, please do so quickly as there are just a few rooms left for each night. Use the link at GIJoeCon.com!

See you in Springfield!

Brian

rjhiii@sover.net
02-25-2015, 02:31 PM
Thank You for the Update.

kelty11@verizon.net
02-25-2015, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the update. I'll throughout next week.

madmac41@hotmail.com
02-25-2015, 06:51 PM
I will be attending Joe Con and was wondering if I buy 2 box sets, will I be able to buy 2 sets of souviniers?
No only one set of souvenirs per badge unless you go Golden Ticket

bkossin@charter.net
02-26-2015, 10:23 AM
I have already booked my flight and hotel and am arriving approx. 11am on Friday. I am not sure if I should try to purchase a golden ticket or not. If I got one would that allow me to go to the front of the line when I arrive Friday morning and would it guarantee their would be 3 of each of the souveniers left for me to purchase? thanks

wileyphoto@hotmail.com
03-02-2015, 11:59 AM
Hello everyone!

Here's the current registration update: We are still getting the final bugs worked out of the new version of the registration software. We are down to 9 critical issues and the programmer is working to correct them. As you know in development, sometimes when you fix one thing, it causes an error somewhere else. So, no registration this week. Unknown about next week at this time.

We are planning to put attending and non-attending up at the same time so both will fall in line with the first day (24 hr) exclusive pin (3 3/4" set) / jacket (12" set). We will also be extending the discount date for Exhibitors ordering multiple booths, so no worries.

Several of you have expressed concerns about the west coast dock workers slow down. Yes it is true that the ports are backed up for weeks maybe months. Because of this, we are bringing in all of the convention items via air freight and it will be really tight for the final shipment as it's coming in multiple waves.

I you have not made a hotel reservation, please do so quickly as there are just a few rooms left for each night. Use the link at GIJoeCon.com!

See you in Springfield!

Brian

Hey Brian
Will we get another update before registration goes live? I personally would like to move some money before hand. Willing to bet there's some others like that. Thanks

fostereben@gmail.com
03-02-2015, 05:50 PM
it is 1 month to con any update to para drop figure?

wrxotic02@gmail.com
03-03-2015, 11:20 AM
What is the current status of registration? You sent an email out last week saying you had 9 critical issues left and it could be this week. Your email last night said registration is still several weeks away? So are you close or is it several weeks away?

arock1922@yahoo.com
03-03-2015, 12:21 PM
I didn't even get an email about JoeCon registration last night. I did get one saying to make sure my address was correct for the March shipment of FSS figures though.

I figured after yesterday's reveal of the final 12" thing, there would be 3 straight reveals for the remaining 3.75" figures with registration beginning the day of the final reveal or the following day.

Is it possible they meant "several days" and not several weeks.

funpubincadmin
03-04-2015, 01:39 PM
Thanks for your FAQ submissions. We have added the third round of questions and answers to the 2015 GIJoeCon website... http://www.gijoecon.com/il2015/con15faq.cfm

Please only use this thread for Q&A and not other discussions. We will continue to add answers as we go though the list.

funpubincadmin
03-04-2015, 04:56 PM
Hello everyone!

We are still pushing the programing company. There are still several critical items still to fix and we are waiting on another update. So far, they have missed every date we have been given. We will give you a heads up before registration goes online so you don't have to keep checking the site. It will be at least a day in advance of registration going live. I assure you we are more frustrated then you could ever be as we have spent a large amount of money to make your experience much more compete and easier and so far, there are still issues. We will continue the battle I assure you!

See you in Springfield and thanks for your patience!

pyro671402@comcast.net
03-05-2015, 09:32 PM
My wife and small boys are coming. Will I be able to pick up their badges/box sets at registration, as in the last couple years? My wife would MUCH rather stay in the room with the little kids than wait in line with the for a few hours....

dynastestityus@gmail.com
03-10-2015, 01:45 PM
Where is the sign up page for the 12 inch convention piece?

03-11-2015, 04:26 PM
I know the club said they would send an email letting us know before registration is up, but did I miss it or something? I only ask because I saw some pre orders for the box set figures on eBay. Please let me know, be if I missed it I'm going to be highly upset, by I did not receive an email. Thanks.

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
03-11-2015, 08:56 PM
What usually goes on Friday? What category do kids need to be registered as to get souvenirs

funpubincadmin
03-12-2015, 01:50 PM
Registration is not going to happen this week. We are more frustrated than you are. Progress is still being made but it is slow. Thanks for your patience. We will give you at least a days notice before we turn it on.

fostereben@gmail.com
03-12-2015, 02:32 PM
Registration is not going to happen this week. We are more frustrated than you are. Progress is still being made but it is slow. Thanks for your patience. We will give you at least a days notice before we turn it on.

Last year the club had the same problems with registration and we got the same kind of emails regarding delays. What happened in the past year were this did not get fixed and why are these issues still taking place? Will this happen every year regarding registration? I would think the club would at least give us members 4-5 weeks to register before the event. Last year and it looks like this year will be 2-3 weeks as next week is the 16th thru the 20th. Can this issue get fixed so there will be no more of this kind of problem.

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
03-13-2015, 07:54 AM
Could have sworn there were more posts here last night. Are they being deleted?

funpubincadmin
03-13-2015, 10:17 AM
Could have sworn there were more posts here last night. Are they being deleted?

Please note that this thread is for collecting 2015 GIJoeCon questions and answers. Additional comments and/or duplicate questions will be removed to maintain focus until the next batch is added to our FAQ page.

fostereben@gmail.com
03-17-2015, 08:59 AM
About a month ago Brian Savage was on the pod cast WOJM what's on joe mind and said that there is a possibility that wave crusher with sub viper, dr. Mindbender and I think something else he said might not be at this years Gi joe convention because of the dock workers strike on the west coast. Can we get an update on this? will there be some of these items at the con or will they be available after the con?

delhimo@embarqmail.com
03-17-2015, 08:31 PM
I know they were having problems with the online registration, but I haven't heard if it was resolved. Any news on the progress of registration?

mark@patchesofpride.com
03-18-2015, 11:15 AM
Is there a list or an hour-by-hour, daily schedule for the Con? I want to make sure I show up at the right time and am not late for anything like picking up registration stuff, attending events, etc. Thanks!

Arbrias@hotmail.com
03-18-2015, 01:39 PM
Last year for the custom figure class, we needed to bring an extra figure for parts. Will this be the case this year as well, and if so, when we will find out what is needed? There is only 21 days left until the convention starts and it will take some time to procure the item if individuals do not already have what they need.

funpubincadmin
03-18-2015, 04:24 PM
Registration news will be sent to Club Members via email first and any updates will be posted here when available. We have added the next round of questions and answers to the 2015 GIJoeCon website... http://www.gijoecon.com/il2015/con15faq.cfm

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
03-20-2015, 12:39 PM
So on Friday my kids who are to young for dinner and don't need their own towns can walk around with me by buying door passes?

wilsongj2002@hotmail.com
03-22-2015, 03:10 PM
Hi I live in the UK and want to order the home front heroes pack, I notice that if you are able to attend the convention you will receive an additional figure. How can I get this figure as part of my pack without ending up paying over inflated ebay prices for something those fortunate enough to live in the USA will get for free? This really will be a deciding factor for me on ordering the pack.

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
03-22-2015, 03:28 PM
Best bet is to find somebody who is going as part of a group and have them order your set in the name of somebody in their group who is attending and that person could also supply depending order you any exclusives. Under that scenario you would automatically get whatever the additional item is whether it's a small vehicle or a figure

funpubincadmin
03-23-2015, 04:30 PM
GIJoeCon - Registration Update 3/23!

Hello everyone,

At this point, we have very little faith that the programming company will finish the new software enough for registration to take place with the new version. We are very disappointed in this company and will be taking the appropriate action after the convention. We are diligently working on implementing our back-up plan.

We are planning to bring one or the other online either Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday. Please note that non-attending packages will NOT be available until we close the attending registrations (which will only be open a few days).

Unfortunately the backup solution doesn't have total flexibility to edit registration mistakes as it is half computer and half manual. Therefore, please read the brochure again. Go slowly during the registration process, and please DON"T pick the wrong items that are not allowed per the brochure. We will review and approve or disapprove each registration. The only option we have for errors is to delete the registration and let you start over, which could cause a supply issue if someone else gets the item before you re-register.

Just a quick note on some of the rules:
Golden Ticket packages can only have 1 GT Aide with them.
Golden Ticket packages can order the other boxed sets as well if they want more than one boxed set.
American Hero and/or General's packages can have up to 4 aides.
For the 3 3/4" loose sets, you are only allowed one loose figure set per boxed set.
Don't pick the Thursday Class and the Thursday Walking Tour as you can't be in 2 paces at the same time.
Please make sure you put in the proper field (on the registration) all of the package holder's name(s) and which package they are assigned to.
The software doesn't know any of these rules, so it's up to you to follow them (as we do know the rules).

Thanks for your patience and I assure you we are more upset than you are....

Brian

PS. The store will be offline until after registration is complete.

arock1922@yahoo.com
03-23-2015, 05:10 PM
Tuesday afternoon would be approximately what time?

Not trying to cause any trouble I'm just concerned that if it's around mid to late afternoon when everyone is driving home from work then the "scalpers" everyone tries to avoid will suck up most of the registrations as their job is literally to sit and wait for opportunities like this.

I'm sure I'm not the only person thinking this, maybe the only one dumb enough to ask it though.

Despite all the problems the club has had with the registration this year, I still think you guys do an excellent job.

Commander_Lane
03-23-2015, 06:48 PM
That's the latest information... no specific time has been provided yet. Club members will get another email update and details will be posted here as well as on the 2015 GIJoeCon website.

arock1922@yahoo.com
03-23-2015, 07:17 PM
Awesome. Thanks Commander!

kelty11@verizon.net
03-24-2015, 08:27 AM
I hope there will enough left for non-attending members as I was really looking forward to this set. I sense another 2011 or 2012 when 90% of the sets were sold to attending members and sold out in hours. Registration was open to everyone at the same time in 2013 and 2014 and the sets lasted at least a week. I think those were the last two years when the registration was divided in this manner. I don't understand why the convention sets are not offered on the club store: members could log-in and order either the attending or non-attending set and purchasing an attending set would automatically register you for the convention.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to pay $550 for this set on the secondary market.

With that said, Keep up the great work GIJCC!!.

03-24-2015, 10:54 AM
The way the emails worded sounds like it's possible that all sets could sell out before us non ayttending members get a chance to pre order. Can someone from the club answer that, is it possible that non attenders won't even get a shot at pre ordering a set? I'd like to know if that is the case so I can at least pre order metal head stalker and gen mayhem on eBay before they're sold out

funpubincadmin
03-24-2015, 02:09 PM
GIJoeCon - Registration Update 3/24!

Hello everyone,

We are still working on getting a system up. It won't be today so you can relax. We have some minor things to fix in the alternate sign up method program.

Again from yesterday:

Unfortunately the backup solution doesn't have total flexibility to edit registration mistakes as it is half computer and half manual. Therefore, please read the brochure again. Go slowly during the registration process, and please DON"T pick the wrong items that are not allowed per the brochure. We will review and approve or disapprove each registration. The only option we have for errors is to delete the registration and let you start over, which could cause a supply issue if someone else gets the item before you re-register.

Golden Ticket packages can order the other boxed sets as well if they want more than one boxed set. American Hero and/or General's packages can have up to 4 aides.
For the 3 3/4" loose sets, you are only allowed one loose figure set per boxed set.
Don't pick the Thursday Class and the Thursday Walking Tour as you can't be in 2 paces at the same time. Please make sure you put in the proper field (on the registration) all of the package holder's name(s) and which package they are assigned to.

The software doesn't know any of these rules, so it's up to you to follow them (as we do know the rules).

j_yoders@hotmail.com
03-24-2015, 02:22 PM
If the "actions" taken against the web development company that failed to provide us with a registration system after the convention include a class-action lawsuit, PLEASE INFORM US and tell us where to sign up. This company defrauded everyone in the club and I would like to be compensated for the dues or other payments that went toward services they did not provide.

smjljones@atlanticbb.net
03-24-2015, 07:56 PM
Can you please clarify?

I have one membership to the club. Can I register for two American Hero packages, one for me and one for my son? Or do I have to do one American Hero and one Aide package?

J.kowalski63@gmail.com
03-24-2015, 10:40 PM
I hope there will enough left for non-attending members as I was really looking forward to this set. I sense another 2011 or 2012 when 90% of the sets were sold to attending members and sold out in hours. Registration was open to everyone at the same time in 2013 and 2014 and the sets lasted at least a week. I think those were the last two years when the registration was divided in this manner. I don't understand why the convention sets are not offered on the club store: members could log-in and order either the attending or non-attending set and purchasing an attending set would automatically register you for the convention.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to pay $550 for this set on the secondary market.

With that said, Keep up the great work GIJCC!!.

If you have looked in the club in the last two years, there are sets still for sale in the club store at the club store price. The night force set took at least a year to sell out in the club store and the zombie set is still for sale right now. I think they bumped up the production on the sets and there really isn't a need to sweat over getting a set from the club...

J.kowalski63@gmail.com
03-24-2015, 10:44 PM
and to address the hint of sarcasm in your last message...I think the people that put this show on for the fans year in and year out do an amazing job for what they have to work with. If you ever have a chance to go to a show, the people that work within the club store and that put on the convention for all the fans bend over backwards to be accommodating.

the-fly@shaw.ca
03-24-2015, 11:27 PM
Question: will we be registering through the web store? I would like to log in and test that my password and such are in working order and to ensure that my status is okay. Unfortunately I can't do that because the store is closed. Any idea if there will be time to check those things out before registration goes live?

evergreenenvy@sbcglobal.net
03-25-2015, 06:40 AM
Im confused here, I have one membership.. Will I be able to buy a golden ticket package for me and a companion or have to go with an aide package?

funpubincadmin
03-25-2015, 09:46 AM
Hello everyone,

As we prepare for registration. Just a few additional notes:

Please note that there are NO non-member options this year (even though it's in the brochure, the backup solution won't support this). Everyone will have to be a member of the Club in order to register for the Attending or Non-Attending packages. Exhibitors, you will only need to be a member to register for packages. Booths and Tables do not require a membership. If you are not a member, you will be able to join at the same time.

There will be 2 different sites. One will be for the Registered Packages. The other will be just for the Exhibitors to register for their booths. Exhibitors, if you want convention packages as well, you will need to use both sites. For the booths and tables, there are no worries as we have enough space to accommodate everyone that needs an Exhibitor package. The Exhibitor site may not come up at the same time as the Registered Attendee site.

Please ensure that you go slowly and pick the correct items. The only way we will be able to make changes for you is to cancel your registration and let you start over. This is a limitation of the software. Again, the software will let you break every rule as there is no way for it to limit anything. However, as stated yesterday and earlier today, we will be reviewing every registration before we approve it. Tomorrow's instructions will tell you how you can tell if you have been approved as there is no way to send you an approval email. There is no need to call or email us until after Friday if you have not seen your registration approved. You will be able to tell this by logging back in. This system will take us longer than normal to check so for tomorrow's registrations it may take as long as 3+ days to review them all.

Attending registration will only be available for 5 days. It will be turned off on Sunday night around 7pm Central Time.

Non attending: We will get to you next week. We are holding back an allotment of boxed sets and some loose sets for you as well so there will be some available. Please note that most of these items are allocated to the attending members. If there is anything left after the convention, it will go in the club store. Because of the dock workers slow down and the back-up in China, we will not ship the non-attending sets to you until June.

Again from yesterday:

Golden Ticket packages can order the other boxed sets as well if they want more than one boxed set.
American Hero and/or General's packages can have up to 4 aides.
Don't pick the Thursday Class and the Thursday Walking Tour as you can't be in 2 paces at the same time.
Please make sure you put in the proper field (on the registration) all of the package holder's name(s) and which package they are assigned to.

Thanks for your patience and we apologize for any issues the delay has caused you.

Brian

03-25-2015, 12:12 PM
So, even with this new registration software, be it registering to attend or for non attending packages, are we eaiting for a button to pop up where the "guests, con exclusives, information, faq" etc. buttons arr, or is it going to be in the club store from the club site, just wondering (i am not attending but buying a box set) but for all involved, attending or not, what exactly should we be looking for?

funpubincadmin
03-25-2015, 12:41 PM
Registration for attending packages is now available by clicking the Registration button on the left side menu of the 2015 convention website.

dspirala@yahoo.com
03-25-2015, 12:46 PM
So I've been watching this on my lunch break, hitting refresh on my browser. Saw registration link show up, and the Golden Ticket is sold out?

I understand that there is no helping the issues with the company that was supposed to handle registration. But I am certain I was hitting checkout within 2 minutes of the link showing up. Sold out that fast??? I hope this is not some limitation/mistake of the registration that we have in place now.

03-25-2015, 01:30 PM
My last question, hopefully. The non attending box set is $375 plus how much for shipping?

funpubincadmin
03-25-2015, 02:58 PM
So I've been watching this on my lunch break, hitting refresh on my browser. Saw registration link show up, and the Golden Ticket is sold out?

I understand that there is no helping the issues with the company that was supposed to handle registration. But I am certain I was hitting checkout within 2 minutes of the link showing up. Sold out that fast??? I hope this is not some limitation/mistake of the registration that we have in place now.

Yes, the Golden Ticket option is a limited number and sells out very fast each year.

funpubincadmin
03-25-2015, 03:04 PM
Reminder that this thread is for 2015 GIJoeCon Q&A only and all other Off Topic comments will be removed. We have added the next round of questions and answers to the 2015 GIJoeCon website... http://www.gijoecon.com/il2015/con15faq.cfm

cdtweasel@aol.com
03-25-2015, 10:48 PM
I was able to purchase a box set, but the attending bagged sets were sold out. When non-attending allocation goes live will I be able to order a bagged set then?

cb72572@yahoo.com
03-26-2015, 07:50 AM
Will there be any bag sets at the show or can I call the office and have one added to my box set?

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
03-27-2015, 12:42 PM
On Friday are there general admission passes available

Slamgod7140@hotmail.com
03-28-2015, 01:38 PM
See the day passes link on the left side of the page at
Www.gijoecon.com

fostereben@gmail.com
03-29-2015, 10:13 AM
Is the freebie item per registered person/badge or is it by box set? I got 2 boxed set so how many of the freebie item do I get?

wrxotic02@gmail.com
03-29-2015, 09:02 PM
Are we going to need to print off information that is emailed to us like past years? Just wondering when that will come out because I have limited access to a printer.

cdtweasel@aol.com
03-30-2015, 07:12 AM
Has the parachute drop been confirmed one way or the other yet?

chaosda_man@yahoo.com
03-30-2015, 06:34 PM
Is the freebie item per registered person/badge or is it by box set? I got 2 boxed set so how many of the freebie item do I get?

It's per boxed set, so you will get two.

funpubincadmin
03-31-2015, 01:44 PM
We have added the next round of questions and answers that includes information on the costs of the 2015 convention souvenirs. Please check our FAQ page on the 2015 GIJoeCon website... http://www.gijoecon.com/il2015/con15faq.cfm

efvogler3rd@yahoo.com
03-31-2015, 02:23 PM
Shipping for Non-Attending is free?

fostereben@gmail.com
03-31-2015, 02:24 PM
Joe Con 3/31/2015 Q&A

Q: How much money should I bring to buy all of the 2015 convention exclusive souvenirs?
A: Costs have gone up because of the complexity of the deco on the items and air freight caused by the dock workers issues on the west coast. There is also an additional souvenir item this year and one that is a large vehicle. If you want to get one of everything you will need approximately $600 for the convention 3 3/4" items and $200 for the 12" items.

Does that include the tax? An additional $200 from last year seems like a huge increase. Unless this new large Vehicle is well over $100 dollars like the Night Boomer from 2 years ago was.

autobotcitycomics@hotmail.com
03-31-2015, 03:24 PM
will the GT be able to get x3 on everything this year or will anything be limited to one ?

fostereben@gmail.com
03-31-2015, 03:37 PM
will the GT be able to get x3 on everything this year or will anything be limited to one ?

x3 of everything that is a Joe Con exclusive. If it is a club exclusive like Mindbender we get only x1 limit.

03-31-2015, 03:44 PM
x3 of everything that is a Joe Con exclusive. If it is a club exclusive like Mindbender we get only x1 limit.

so u think the parachute figure will be x3 for sure

******GIJOECOMICS2008*********

03-31-2015, 09:01 PM
so i need to know, when they say $600 for 3 3/4 is that for figures and one vehicle or is it a mix of figures and vehicles? if its a mix, then how much would i need for ONLY figures? i hope im not reading that the usual 2 and 3 packs and couple of carded figures and ONE vehicle aren't going to cost $600?

fostereben@gmail.com
04-01-2015, 10:07 AM
over a month ago Brian Savage was on WOJM and said that due to the doc workers strike and things taking so long to ship the club was going to air freight over the exclusives and the club would eat the expense. But looking at the Q&A it says the following below. I understand the deco and the cost increase but why are the club members having to pay more for the shipping/air freight when Brian said on WOJM this would not be the case. Can we as members get a better heads up on this? Are we as members paying more because of the air freight or is the club eating this expense like it said it was going to do on WOJM? I have also attached the WOJM episode as reference. thanks...

Joe Con 3/31/2015 Q&A

Q: How much money should I bring to buy all of the 2015 convention exclusive souvenirs?
A: Costs have gone up because of the complexity of the deco on the items and air freight caused by the dock workers issues on the west coast.

http://whatsonjoemind.podbean.com/e/wojm-special-edition-44-2015-joecon-brochure-read-along-with-brian-savage/

psicomorse@gmail.com
04-01-2015, 11:11 AM
Will be any activity for children to replace the parachute drop?

funpubincadmin
04-01-2015, 11:16 AM
so i need to know, when they say $600 for 3 3/4 is that for figures and one vehicle or is it a mix of figures and vehicles? if its a mix, then how much would i need for ONLY figures? i hope im not reading that the usual 2 and 3 packs and couple of carded figures and ONE vehicle aren't going to cost $600?

Per the 3/31 FAQ it states: If you want to get one of EVERYTHING you will need approximately $600 for the convention 3 3/4" items.

funpubincadmin
04-01-2015, 12:01 PM
over a month ago Brian Savage was on WOJM and said that due to the doc workers strike and things taking so long to ship the club was going to air freight over the exclusives and the club would eat the expense. But looking at the Q&A it says the following below. I understand the deco and the cost increase but why are the club members having to pay more for the shipping/air freight when Brian said on WOJM this would not be the case. Can we as members get a better heads up on this? Are we as members paying more because of the air freight or is the club eating this expense like it said it was going to do on WOJM?

Please note that Mr. Savage never said the Club would "eat the cost" on the Podcast. The quote was "we are checking some alternate ports right now, to try not to bring the stuff through the west coast...there are a lot of struggles ya'll don’t even know, that we go through to get this stuff here, often times it can be very tough or very expensive, and we (everyone implied, not just the club) just have to bear the cost and have to bite our lip and that's the way it is." All costs of the entire show are spread over every item. It is possible you could have interpreted the statement a different way and we understand that.

We wanted to give you a heads up on the souvenirs because, as stated before, the major reason the total amount is higher is that there are 2 items you didn’t have last year and one of them is quite large and accounts for most of the additional funds needed. As stated earlier, costs are spread over all items in the convention. The approximate per item increase for the air freight was $1-$3 for the smaller items and $8 for the large item all based on the amount of space each product took up in the shipment. You will be very pleased with the items and we anticipate that they will all sell out.

gerardo.barsi@gmail.com
04-01-2015, 01:04 PM
One question.

Does the Convention center has free wifi?

Thanks

04-01-2015, 01:44 PM
Per the 3/31 FAQ it states: If you want to get one of EVERYTHING you will need approximately $600 for the convention 3 3/4" items.
indeed, im just wondering how that changes if i decide to not buy the vehicles. i only want figures, id love to buy the vehicles as well, but figures first and if i have enough left over then ill buy vehicles as well

smjljones@atlanticbb.net
04-01-2015, 02:33 PM
Please consider giving out para drop figures at registration by the order of registration, one for each tag. A few years ago in Providence, RI we got our name badges punched to get a figure at the info booth. I thought that worked really well. A small gift of the figure would help mend some frustration of the dedicated members. It is very hard for us to understand what takes registration so long, it would help everyone to pay for registration months before the convention instead of having to pay for the registration and hotel and weekend activities all at the same time. Paradrop figures for sale? Weren't you just gonna throw them off a roof? Why sell them.

I do have a GREAT time each year and can't wait to see you guys!

arock1922@yahoo.com
04-02-2015, 10:44 AM
From the Non-Attending thread:

"In addition, we still have sets reserved for late attending registrations at the show. If you are interested in coming, and did not have a chance to register, come at 8:30 AM on Friday, April 10, to the Prairie Capital Convention Center in Springfield, IL. Availability is subject to the remaining stock on hand."

I take it this only refers to people who have not registered at all and want to come late, correct?

04-03-2015, 10:42 AM
ok hope to get this answered as we are having a mad discussion over on HISSTANK will GT holders get any compensation since now 5 days before show you are now putting a limited on the paradrop figure as it is a con exclusive and was before today x3 put now x1. Maybe x4 on the other stuff now (I know wishful thinking lol)

thanks in advance

funpubincadmin
04-03-2015, 12:04 PM
Reminder that this thread is for the collection of 2015 GIJoeCon Q&A only. All other Off Topic comments/suggestions will be removed.

Per the Convention Contract, activities, tours and quantities are subject to change.

This information was sent to Golden Ticket holders to make sure you aware of the purchasing rules before you arrive:

As you may have heard, there is no parachute drop this year due to venue issues.

We will offer the Parachute Figure on Thursday night with the other convention items so you don't have to get back in line on Friday since there is no parachute drop.

We will be only able to offer one parachute figure per GT package as this item is not subject to the tripling of the souvenirs.

This will enable all attending boxed set holders the opportunity to purchase one figure.

If there are any left over on Saturday morning, you may purchase additional pieces.

All of the regular souvenir items will be subject to the triple quantity of the established limits.

04-03-2015, 12:27 PM
is there a reason why this year it is not x3 was there not enough ordered ?

also it said in email "if" there were any left Saturday we could get more...correct and if so what will be the limit for GT then ?

Omphalocele@gmail.com
04-03-2015, 03:05 PM
So assuming there are any remaining after the attendees each get one, would the GT holders have a first opportunity on Saturday morning to buy a 2nd or 3rd parachute figure?

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
04-04-2015, 08:50 AM
How many exclusives does store carry and is payment options different at hotel

gerardo.barsi@gmail.com
04-04-2015, 11:02 AM
is there a reason why this year it is not x3 was there not enough ordered ?

also it said in email "if" there were any left Saturday we could get more...correct and if so what will be the limit for GT then ?

Be calm my friend.

We all know that 95% of people that buys the GT they do it only for reselling the items at a 200% of its store prize
Other guys that attends the joecon (in my case and 3 friends more we will ravel more than 10.000milles to arrive there) have the same rights to buy convention exclusives than you. I'm pretty sure that my trip to US costs at least double than yours. You can buy up to 6 convention exclusives (3 on thursday and other 3 on friday) whlie all other attendees can buy only 2 (1 on thursday and if the GT guys haven't sold out the stuff, 1 on friday).

And you ask 4 of each for compensation bacause you only can buy 1 parachute drop as all of us? Please be more serious and let the other atendees to have their souvenirs too :mad:.

kelty11@verizon.net
04-04-2015, 11:35 AM
Be calm my friend.

We all know that 95% of people that buys the GT they do it only for reselling the items at a 200% of its store prize
Other guys that attends the joecon And you ask 4 of each for compensation bacause you only can buy 1 parachute drop as all of us? Please be more serious and let the other atendees to have their souvenirs too :mad:.

Everything is Greed, Greed, Greed. I can't attend conventions because they randomly occur between March and July and truthfully the travel expenses are too much for me (sometimes traveling within the USA is more expensive than international travel). As a result I buy the non-attending set. I too would like the opportunity to purchase the souvenirs from the club store after the convention. But when scalpers are guaranteed 3 of everything that becomes impossible. It seems that ever since the GT was started a few years ago there is hardly anything available in the club store following the convention. From 2003-10 the vast majority of souvenirs were available on the club store for at least 2-3 days. In 2009 those super rare Argentine characters were online for 3 days at the club retail price. Since 2011, only the boxed sets (although there was nothing in 2011 and 2012).

04-04-2015, 03:23 PM
Be calm my friend.

Other guys that attends the joecon (in my case and 3 friends more we will ravel more than 10.000milles to arrive there) have the same rights to buy convention exclusives than you. I'm pretty sure that my trip to US costs at least double than yours. You can buy up to 6 convention exclusives (3 on thursday and other 3 on friday) whlie all other attendees can buy only 2 (1 on thursday and if the GT guys haven't sold out the stuff, 1 on friday).

And you ask 4 of each for compensation bacause you only can buy 1 parachute drop as all of us? Please be more serious and let the other atendees to have their souvenirs too :mad:.

my truly concern will be if it is a army builder

arock1922@yahoo.com
04-04-2015, 05:23 PM
Be calm my friend.

I'm sorry but anyone who says they are buying 6 of everything with their Golden Ticket sounds a lot like a profiteer to me.

Club, is that true that GT holders get 3x on Thursday AND 3x on Friday too?

The brochure doesn't mention anything about GTs access to 6x of any of the convention exclusives in total. It sounds like they are allowed 3x for the duration of the convention.

If this is true, and the exclusives are sold out before the store opens on Friday morning, I will be a very disappointed and upset club member and would suggest the Golden Tickets should no longer be offered for future conventions.

Please tell me this isn't true.

ozcouple@live.com
04-04-2015, 07:04 PM
Not true. I think. ;)

Omphalocele@gmail.com
04-04-2015, 09:02 PM
I remember last year attending the con as general admission the club was selling FSS 1&2 in the boxed pairs they were shipped in. Had all of the FSS sets shipped by then? Will we be able To buy any FSS 3 at the con this year?

arock1922@yahoo.com
04-06-2015, 12:45 PM
Can the club verify, will golden ticket holders this year be allowed 6x total for all exclusives over the duration of Thursday and Friday?

ozcouple@live.com
04-06-2015, 02:43 PM
Can the club verify, will golden ticket holders this year be allowed 6x total for all exclusives over the duration of Thursday and Friday?

I can. The answer is no. Saturday is fair game for all.

arock1922@yahoo.com
04-06-2015, 02:45 PM
I can. The answer is no. Saturday is fair game for all.

Cool! Thanks Oz!

ozcouple@live.com
04-06-2015, 05:10 PM
Cool! Thanks Oz!

Um, but to be totally up front, I'm nobody; better get Club confirmation... ;)

Still, that would go against typical operating procedures and make it darn near impossible for anyone outside of GTs to score exclusives past Thursday. So I HIGHLY doubt 6x.

bubbaphatz@gmail.com
04-07-2015, 06:49 AM

Is there any tickets for just the dinner?

dominic2322@gmail.com
04-07-2015, 11:49 AM
I never received the email with package pickup info. How do I get help with this

Commander_Lane
04-07-2015, 01:09 PM
Hey Guys!

All Club Staff are in Springfield and I do not believe the FAQ will be updated any more this week. I don't have access to all the answers, but any questions pertaining to souvenir limits beyond the GT email will be explained at the show and/or listed on the store sales sheet.

Dinner is not a separate purchase and only part of the Attendee package.

If you missed the email about your package pick-up time, that information is available from your club account (print the receipts from GIJoeCon) and bring that to the show.

Thanks and hope to see you here!

ozcouple@live.com
04-07-2015, 01:47 PM
Thanks, Dave! Excited for the show!!!

sycha@winterchill.com
04-07-2015, 11:06 PM
I didn't get an email about the pick up time, either, and when I go to try to print any receipt for Joecon, it just redirects me to 'Featured Products'. I have my confirmation email, but there's nothing on it about a pickup time for the American Hero Package.

Hey Guys!

All Club Staff are in Springfield and I do not believe the FAQ will be updated any more this week. I don't have access to all the answers, but any questions pertaining to souvenir limits beyond the GT email will be explained at the show and/or listed on the store sales sheet.

Dinner is not a separate purchase and only part of the Attendee package.

If you missed the email about your package pick-up time, that information is available from your club account (print the receipts from GIJoeCon) and bring that to the show.

Thanks and hope to see you here!