PDA

View Full Version : 2015 GIJoeCon Update & 1st Figure Preview!

Commander_Lane
02-02-2015, 04:32 PM
We are going through the final checks of the 2015 information brochure and registration system. We're planning to post these online soon, however, we wanted to confirm one of the teams in the Real American Hero box set and showcase the first exciting action figure preview.

Visit the official 2015 GIJoeCon website for updates... Click Here (http://www.gijoecon.com/il2015/)!

markkurowski@hotmail.com
02-02-2015, 04:49 PM
Yes! So happy that the exlusive set being the Tiger Force Sub Team! Hopefully this will round out the rest of the team members. Anxiously waiting for the registration to open...

ozcouple@live.com
02-02-2015, 04:54 PM
I'm not a TF/repaint fan...but as this is technically a new character AND looks good, I 'll give The Club thumbs up on the first reveal!

jimsnow70@aol.com
02-02-2015, 05:25 PM
Looks good!

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
02-02-2015, 05:30 PM
I'm with Ozzie on this. Probably won't order the set because I don't really want to collect TF colored variants of guys I already have like Bazooka and Dusty, but I might try to buy this one from somebody since he is a new character to me but still based on an 80s figure.

firebaseryan@comcast.net
02-02-2015, 05:32 PM
Tiger Force is one of the subteams I was hoping might be a part of the con set. And with that I was hoping for Wreckage in that set.

Shadowcat01@hotmail.com
02-02-2015, 06:29 PM
I'm with Ozzie on this. Probably won't order the set because I don't really want to collect TF colored variants of guys I already have like Bazooka and Dusty, but I might try to buy this one from somebody since he is a new character to me but still based on an 80s figure.

Well said. I wouldn't have been against a TF set if it had been updated or refined into a deco that was more realistic (U.S. Tiger Stripe Camo anyone?), but rehashing yet anther prior set is disappointing.

At any rate, Wreckage falls into the disappointing category. At the very, very least, he should have been called "Sabre Tooth" or any alternative spelling to make it work; as that was what he was originally codenamed as back in the concept TF set planned before the actual '88 set was finalized. That would have won some brownie points with me and made his rather tepid look easier to swallow. But as he stands he's "meh". Not awful, but not very dynamic.

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
02-02-2015, 08:53 PM
Glad to see Wreckage as part of the set. Now, let's see a foe from this set!

funpubincadmin
02-03-2015, 09:47 AM
Please do not post Off Topic comments or requests in the 1st convention figure preview thread. We will create new updates for each 3 3/4" and 12" preview, thank you.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
02-03-2015, 09:54 AM
So, he's essentially a Joe/Tiger Force repaint of Firefly?

rjbarnhart@zoominternet.net
02-03-2015, 11:49 AM
Looks cool. I never had this figure.

scdenny74@hotmail.com
02-03-2015, 11:51 AM
no one did

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
02-03-2015, 12:38 PM
I have Wreckages V1 from the 03 TF 5pk so he's not a new figure just borderline obscure

kelty11@verizon.net
02-03-2015, 01:15 PM
Looks great.

charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com
02-03-2015, 07:11 PM
Tiger force Firefly??? Thanks for another convention set, but no need for another Tiger Force already.

rcmejia@gmail.com
02-03-2015, 08:57 PM
Please do not post Off Topic comments or requests in the 1st convention figure preview thread. We will create new updates for each 3 3/4" and 12" preview, thank you.

The forum police is monitoring your every move. Don't be a menace.

cardensb@hotmail.com
02-04-2015, 10:16 PM
Overall looks nice, I think the head's mask/balaclava should match the pockets, etc... though. Something about that brown that just does not match.

science_mrk@yahoo.com
02-05-2015, 01:31 PM
The figure is OK. Hopefully we will get some other obscure characters with this set. How about TF Blizzard. Does someone have an updated list of modern day TF figures already released? I am very curious to see who the enemy team will be.

kelty11@verizon.net
02-05-2015, 02:54 PM
The UK figures will probably be in the souvenir sets which scalpers will pawn for $500 plus on ebay.

Realistically, I'd like to see a mix of US and UK TF in the set with remaining characters in FSS 4.0.

science_mrk@yahoo.com
02-06-2015, 09:30 AM
OK so I looked at the figure roster for this set. I'm a little luke-warm on this one. Stalker (repaint), Recondo (repaint), Wreckage (repaint), Big Brawler (new) :), Lifeline (repaint), DialTone (3rd repaint), General Mayhem (new), Metal Head (new), Iron Anvils (new), UnderTow (repaint). So four new figures and the rest are repaints of recent figures. I am excited to see what some of the figures look like but at the price point of 375 boxed and 255 loose, this hobby is getting quite expensive. What do you all think???

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
02-06-2015, 10:26 AM
The majority of Tiger Force has been repaints, so that shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone. Big Brawler is basically a repaint of outback. Dial Tone could be a third repaint or could be the female version. Undertow is not a repaint unless the club is going to use an o-ring version. Execution of the figures is what is exciting and will make or break a figures appeal.(Metal-Head comes to mind)
Thank you club for giving us the list of characters in the set. This makes it a lot more exciting to know what figures are going to be included, and guessing how they will turn out.

science_mrk@yahoo.com
02-07-2015, 11:52 AM
The majority of Tiger Force has been repaints, so that shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone. Big Brawler is basically a repaint of outback. Dial Tone could be a third repaint or could be the female version. Undertow is not a repaint unless the club is going to use an o-ring version. Execution of the figures is what is exciting and will make or break a figures appeal.(Metal-Head comes to mind)
Thank you club for giving us the list of characters in the set. This makes it a lot more exciting to know what figures are going to be included, and guessing how they will turn out.

UnderTow will be the cobra diver used in the DVD 5 pack or Cobra Eels with a new head. That's my prediction.

arock1922@yahoo.com
02-07-2015, 01:43 PM
UnderTow will be the cobra diver used in the DVD 5 pack or Cobra Eels with a new head. That's my prediction.

I could see a new "vest" for him though. I'm sure they'll be able to find other uses for. I thought the exact same thing when I saw the box contents.

I'm really interested to see what direction they take the Iron Anvils in. Seems like a bit of an odd choice to me. Including the Iron Grendiers in yet another set, I would have thought that TARGAT would have been a better choice to pair with Undertow.