PDA

View Full Version : GIJCC: 2015 Free 12" Membership Figure!

Commander_Lane
01-20-2015, 06:21 PM
The 12" FREE G.I. JOE COLLECTORS' CLUB membership figure for 2015 is DOCTOR ISOTOPE: The Nuclear Menace! This will be the FIRST EVER 12" G.I. Joe action figure that will GLOW-IN-THE-DARK! If you are an active member on March 16, 2015, and choose the 12-inch figure option, you will receive this figure FREE sometime in the late spring or early summer.

DOCTOR ISOTOPE is a NEW adversary for the Adventure Team. Born from fires of a nuclear nightmare, DOCTOR ISOTOPE is bent on the destruction of the Adventure Team and anyone else who dares oppose him in his mad quest for power! His very touch is deadly as his blood boils with the power of the atom.

In addition to this amazing GLOW-IN-THE-DARK action figure, you may purchase his accessory set which comes with a containment suit, vision goggles, and energy focusing blasters!

(Note: this is a mock up and the final product will vary!)

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
01-20-2015, 07:59 PM
Wicked shade of green.

Diggin' the black eyes.

Where did the moustache go?

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
01-21-2015, 10:08 AM
He is green right? I'm colorblind and he looks really bizarre, not even the shade of green associated with radiation.

funpubincadmin
01-21-2015, 10:53 AM
Please note that this is a mock-up image that provides an example of the glow-in-the-dark features of the 12-inch figure. Final product colors may vary.

We felt the flocked mustache detracted from the look of the figure.

sf49ersphan@aol.com
01-21-2015, 12:35 PM
Please note that this is a mock-up image that provides an example of the glow-in-the-dark features of the 12-inch figure. Final product colors may vary.

To bad on the mustache, it was nice to have variety

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
01-21-2015, 03:07 PM

Please note that I am colorblind, and can't see his proper skin tone without help. ;) What color is he right now? I'll see what color he really is later. ;)

The color I see him right now is like, The Hulk got seasick. But again, I cannot stress enough that I'm colorblind, and not bashing the figure. It's just how my handicap makes me see him.

Still, too bad about the moustache. To date it's been "Beard, or no beard." having a mustachioed villain would add a little bit of variety to it.

Once upon a time I wanted a GI Joe with mutton chops (sideburns and moustache), he would have been the "Highland Adventurer." The club hasn't done that figure yet.

I'm still voting on white hair, because after a "nuclear nightmare" I feel like his hair would at least change color.

deliman1000@yahoo.com
01-21-2015, 03:46 PM
Will this awesome figure be available for purchase? I have the 3 3/4" membership, but want to get this figure as well!

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
01-21-2015, 04:10 PM
They usually run a little extra than the population of the membership wants as their free one. So he'll pop up at the store after a little while, probably after the free membership figures have shipped out.

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
01-21-2015, 10:11 PM
Just re-joined after a year off to get this figure. Looks great!
I also think it might be interesting to keep the moustache.

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
01-22-2015, 06:22 AM
Quick, someone run a poll:

Moustache or no?

Moustache.

Or.... wait for it... a goatee... make him devilish.

hojecki@optonline.net
01-22-2015, 01:14 PM
Quick, someone run a poll:

Moustache or no?

Definite moustache. I like the Goatee idea as well. Perhaps even the long sideburns that we on the Counter Culture Adventurer. Stuff that will make him a little more different.

tkallspark@yahoo.com
01-23-2015, 02:54 AM
Yes Please give this figure facial hair!!!!

chuckmo67@gmail.com
01-25-2015, 04:09 PM
i can't wait to see his accessaries. is there any sneak peaks?

sf49ersphan@aol.com
01-25-2015, 04:37 PM
i can't wait to see his accessaries. is there any sneak peaks?

Yeah it was revealed in the Club magazine for December. It includes:

A containment suit- jacket and pants done in silver with a black zipper and the doctor's logo over his left breast where an AT logo would go.

Short black boots

pair of black containment suit "gloves" ( more like mittens)

Pair of goggles

two blaster pistols- not familiar with the mold, might be recycled Action man guns??

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
01-25-2015, 06:38 PM
The blaster pistols look a lot like the gun that came with the clear joe the club offered in 2002.

roddenii@yahoo.com
01-26-2015, 06:05 PM
I like this one. I think I like him without the mustache. But either way, nice.

Commander_Lane
01-28-2015, 03:28 PM
Check out the preview of the add-on uniform and accessory set that will be available separately for the FREE Doctor Isotope membership figure!

An announcement will be sent out when this item is available in the Club Store.

firebaseryan@comcast.net
01-28-2015, 03:41 PM
I like this. Like the figure too, facial hair or not. I'll definitely be picking this figure up to go with my Adventure Team Figures

tkallspark@yahoo.com
01-28-2015, 04:19 PM
I'm REALLY Liking this set, Excellent work Collectors Club!

science_mrk@yahoo.com
02-05-2015, 01:41 PM
I am also a 3 3/4 collector but will definitely be adding him to my collection. I am a total sucker for anything Glow-in-the-Dark. This would make an awesome 3 3/4 figure as well.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
02-05-2015, 03:06 PM
I still think silver boots are the way to go.

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
02-05-2015, 03:39 PM
I concur - what's the point of radiation suit if you have normal boots?

pharoahe4403@aol.com
02-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Can't Wait to get him.

brian.kauffman@gmail.com
02-13-2015, 11:30 AM

Count me in the Group that prefers the mustache.... without the mustache he's just a cheap Dr. Manhattan knock off.... the Mustache made him unique.

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
02-24-2015, 12:42 PM
So... any re-think on the facial hair? Seems to be a number of members in favor of mustache/goatee.

I'm in the goatee camp - would make him look more diabolical.

Also, is the green a little lighter shade? Mock-up is kinda hulk-green.

jgonzaleznj@yahoo.com
03-09-2015, 11:43 AM
He definitely works for a Mike Power enemy - and it's about time he had someone to hunt down. Looking forward to this one as well.

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
03-09-2015, 01:13 PM
Would be nicer if boots were silver or yellow.
Also, replace the "blasters" with glow-in-dark container, or clear container with glow-in-dark contents.

funpubincadmin
03-13-2015, 10:28 AM
Please note that Monday March 16th at 5pm (Central Time) is the cut off date for receiving this year's free 12" figure.

boostergold5@gmail.com
04-12-2015, 11:03 PM
Would be nicer if boots were silver or yellow.
Also, replace the "blasters" with glow-in-dark container, or clear container with glow-in-dark contents.

Yesss, glow in the dark ore sample or something like that! That one from the deep sea set is one of my favorite pieces. He doesnt need two nickle plated uzis with silencers when he has no holsters either..

tkallspark@yahoo.com
04-13-2015, 10:52 PM
I Can't wait!!!!

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
04-14-2015, 07:04 AM
Yesss, glow in the dark ore sample or something like that! That one from the deep sea set is one of my favorite pieces. He doesnt need two nickle plated uzis with silencers when he has no holsters either..

Yeah, I have one of those "blasters" from the Limited Edition Clear Joe. He did come with an "invisible" belt to holster it in.

As for the Doctor - I picture him more as a mad scientist than mercenary. And thus the rock from Radiation Detection set, or a large clear beaker with a glowing "fluid" inside it, and tongs to grasp it with...

videogodd@gmail.com
05-23-2015, 03:23 PM
got my figure today (wow very surprised WOOT!)

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
05-23-2015, 04:24 PM
Good to know, what state are you in? If you don't mind my asking. (I would like to gauge when mine will show up)

How well does he glow?

videogodd@gmail.com
05-23-2015, 07:32 PM
NY and it glows very well

tkallspark@yahoo.com
05-24-2015, 08:15 AM
COOL, I'll be on the lookout for mine!!!! Quick question, does the DR. have facial hair????

videogodd@gmail.com
05-24-2015, 02:16 PM
alas no
it basically looks just like the prototype

sf49ersphan@aol.com
05-24-2015, 08:32 PM
Awsome, hopefully this means the accessory set will be available soon. :D

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
05-25-2015, 12:03 AM
Which, if I remember correctly, are shipped in the order in which they are ordered.

Some of us may have a Dr. Isotope in his Atomic Undies for a while.

greasepaint@ameritech.net
05-25-2015, 09:54 AM
I got mine,he looks awesome. Mine glows for about 8 hours. I do have some suggestions to the club.
1) Use the "Gorman" head from Escape from Dragon Island, for future villan head.
2) The suit from the "space diver" in silver would have given DR. Isotope a more 60's "mad scientist" vibe.
Otherwise a great job on the figure. I love it.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
05-26-2015, 02:05 PM
And may I ask where you live, good sir?

chris@saguisag.com
05-26-2015, 02:30 PM
Got mine today. I live in California. :D

wcwfjojo@aol.com
05-27-2015, 11:28 PM
Really great figure. Hope the club allows us to purchase more. He makes for a gnarly zombie.

We'll have a review up soon.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
05-28-2015, 05:44 AM
I got mine yesterday, and updated the other thread for the guy. He's pretty cool, regardless of moustache or no moustache.

However, his article of clothing looks a bit like an old-timey one piece bathing suit that was for dudes. He really does need a moustache, handlebar if you can manage!;)

sf49ersphan@aol.com
06-06-2015, 09:27 PM
Still have not received mine, have these all shipped??

also when is the accessory set going up for sale in the club store??

deanplane@rogers.com
06-07-2015, 01:41 PM
never got mine yet either

tkallspark@yahoo.com
06-07-2015, 02:52 PM
Ninersphan, and jeep.....did you renew by the deadline?....if not you automatically are signed up for the 2016 figure, .......Now if you did make the deadline, then hopefully you'll have them in your collections soon.

randesa@telus.net
06-07-2015, 03:09 PM
still waiting for mine

sf49ersphan@aol.com
06-08-2015, 10:25 AM
Ninersphan, and jeep.....did you renew by the deadline?....if not you automatically are signed up for the 2016 figure, .......Now if you did make the deadline, then hopefully you'll have them in your collections soon.

I paid for my membership last August, and did not receive the MOA, so i assume I'm entitled to the good Doctor.

Much as it ***** for the rest of you, glad to see I'm not the only one in this boat.

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
06-08-2015, 11:13 AM
Still waiting in Canada... stuck at customs?

Misery loves company.

sf49ersphan@aol.com
06-15-2015, 08:55 PM
Well another week and Dr Isotope continues to be Dr No- show, would be nice if someone from the club would be kind enough to give us an update.

funpubincadmin
06-15-2015, 09:54 PM
The 2015 membership figures are in the mail system and arrive at various times based on your location.

sf49ersphan@aol.com
06-19-2015, 09:43 AM
The 2015 membership figures are in the mail system and arrive at various times based on your location.

Does this mean you shipped all orders?

My location is North Carolina, any idea when I should be looking for the good Doctor??

I have to be honest, this is the longest I've ever waited for the club figure to ship, which I don't mind if there was some sort of issue, just let us know if that's the case.

Also any info on when his accessory set will be made available to order?

funpubincadmin
06-19-2015, 12:26 PM
Forum Admin/Moderators do not have access to shipping information. Please read this thread as you may need to contact our Customer Service if your domestic shipment of the membership figure has not arrived by the end of June.

http://www.gijoeclub.com/forums/showthread.php?358-GIJCC-Customer-Service-Questions-Problems

sf49ersphan@aol.com
06-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Forum Admin/Moderators do not have access to shipping information. Please read this thread as you may need to contact our Customer Service if your domestic shipment of the membership figure has not arrived by the end of June.

http://www.gijoeclub.com/forums/showthread.php?358-GIJCC-Customer-Service-Questions-Problems

Thank you, Hopefully he'll arrive before the end of June, if not, I'll contact customer service. Appreciate the response.

boostergold5@gmail.com
06-19-2015, 03:01 PM
I just got mine today in Ontario.

ds_smith@sympatico.ca
06-23-2015, 07:17 AM
Just received mine in Ontario yesterday - nice Father's Day present.
Love how even the atomic symbol on his outfit glows.

sf49ersphan@aol.com
06-25-2015, 08:27 PM
I see both the accessory set and extra figures of the Good doctor are available in the club store now, does this mean all membership sets should have been received? Still no sign of mine. Patiently waiting in NC.

sf49ersphan@aol.com
06-30-2015, 01:21 PM
End of June still no Dr Isotope, I've contacted the email address previously posted.