PDA

View Full Version : FSS schedule?

rew97@live.com
10-07-2014, 04:00 PM
Well it's October, hockey season starts tommorrow (Go Sharks!) and I am hoping the first set of FSS figures will arrive within the next few weeks. But since probelms can arise with getting product from China to the US, I wanted to ask the club if everything is on schedule for this month. Also I could not remember if last years FSS 2.0 shipped on time in October or if they shipped two shipments in November? Anyone happen to remember?

rjhiii@sover.net
10-07-2014, 04:26 PM
All I remember is 6 months of Christmas when I open the mailbox ...lol!

funpubincadmin
10-08-2014, 11:15 AM
FSS 3.0 is in production and we will send out an announcement once we know the shipping dates.

rew97@live.com
10-08-2014, 04:31 PM
FSS 3.0 is in production and we will send out an announcement once we know the shipping dates.

Thank you for the update.

arock1922@yahoo.com
11-04-2014, 10:46 PM
Any updates on when the first pair of figures will ship?

rew97@live.com
11-05-2014, 05:02 AM
I was curious as to whether we will be getting 4 figures this month or if the FSS will now run from November to April. I hope we get 4 this month and will know who the mystery 13th figure is before Joe Con next April.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
11-16-2014, 03:26 PM
What is going on with this, guys? It's mid-November and we haven't received the first pair of figures yet! Will the delay push these back to April?

funpubincadmin
11-16-2014, 05:03 PM
We have provided FSS 3.0 updates in the monthly Club Magazine. Currently, the first shipment is expected to arrive in December.

arock1922@yahoo.com
11-17-2014, 11:31 AM
I couldn't find any updates in the November (Mindbender preview) issue. So if the first wave is coming in December, does that mean we'll get 6 figures in the first shipment or is everything pushed back two months?

rcmejia@gmail.com
11-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Would be cool to receive a discount for delay of shipment 10%

funpubincadmin
11-17-2014, 12:50 PM
FSS 3.0 updates are in Brian's Intel each month. We have only provided expected dates, as these limited edition figures have to fit into a short run production schedule and manufactured overseas and then shipped from the factory.

arock1922@yahoo.com
11-17-2014, 03:28 PM
Any word from the manufacturer on why they are so far behind schedule? I work with manufacturing schedules as part of my job and if my supplier was 6-10 weeks behind schedule (based on your previous comment that the first figures would arrive in December) somebody on the supplier's logistics team would be losing their job.

manolive@hotmail.com
11-17-2014, 10:12 PM
On the other hand Arock, if this little company called you up and asked you to do a small run of figures you might make them a deal to do it in-between other jobs from bigger buyers that have a retail Christmas schedule to meet. So you get to it when you get to it. Believe me, part of me is hating it too. But my wallet is fine with it right now. The sooner these ship, the sooner I have to make my second payment. And I keep finding other stuff to spend my money on. :p

arock1922@yahoo.com
11-18-2014, 09:58 AM
Yeah, I understand how they may not make it a priority to manufacture the FSS figures before something of a bigger production run, I guess maybe I'm making a little noise towards the club for not giving us any kind of a heads up other than a two or three sentence paragraph in the newsletter which we only get once a month. Maybe just a two or three sentence email letting us know that the supplier's schedule has pushed back the first shipment or something of that nature. I agree with you about the remaining installments, and it does look like those will be rescheduled, but in reality the first 3 or 4 figures have already been paid for and were expected on a certain date. Even with Brian's updates being in the club mag, the first notification we got from the club was at least two weeks after we were all expecting to have two figures in hand.

I don't want to come off as a bad seed, I'm just big on communication is all. I love that the club at least tries to get around to all the figures in the Joe-verse (unlike Hasbro anymore) and I'm looking forward to the Dr. Mindbender we're getting next year.

manolive@hotmail.com
12-10-2014, 10:39 PM
I don't want to come off as a bad seed, I'm just big on communication is all.

Oh, I'm with you on that one brother. I hate being led around in the dark. We're a club right? A TEAM right? I mean, our membership is basically $24 for a figure and $20 for information. Lol. But that's a discussion for another thread.

funpubincadmin
12-11-2014, 11:10 AM
December FSS Update:

The FSS 3.0 is on the water headed this way. Because of the dock workers on the west coast issues and the seasonal delays, we don't think we will get them until the first week in January. Because of the delay, our current plan is to ship the first figures during the week of January 5 and follow up with the second shipment at the end of January to get us sort of back on track. This puts the second billing for the installment plan buyers around the end of January/first of February and the final billing around the middle of March. As soon as they arrive, we will set the official billing dates.

firebaseryan@comcast.net
12-11-2014, 02:51 PM
Great!! Thanks for the update. :)

ozcouple@live.com
12-11-2014, 05:13 PM
Would like to see improved communication/updates (think Marauder), but overall, greatly appreciate the Club's efforts the past few years. Hopefully no issues with bent packaging/weak glued blisters this round. I purchased FSS 2.0, 3.0, and look forward to 4.0 already!

julestobin@gmail.com
12-11-2014, 05:59 PM
I'M GLAD ITS FINALLY ON ITS WAY! IT WILL FEEL GOOD GETTING THAT PSYCHE-OUT INTO MY COLLECTION. I remember before FSS.1 the COLLECTORS CLUB warned it wouldn't be a good idea to give G.I.JOE this way and indicated HE-MAN simply had its own success about this method of delivery. But to divide the similarities...G.I.JOE should have a camouflage pattern on the mailers! Say a pasty dull white background with green/light green pattern! Then throw on the FSS info. In a black glaze or red. At any rate its good to see them coming and also look forward to 4.0!

rew97@live.com
12-11-2014, 07:44 PM
But to divide the similarities...G.I.JOE should have a camouflage pattern on the mailers! Say a pasty dull white background with green/light green pattern! Then throw on the FSS info. In a black glaze or red. At any rate its good to see them coming and also look forward to 4.0![/QUOTE]

That would cost a good bit of money, someone would have to design them, print them up, ship them to the club, and all those costs would be passed on to us. As long as the product on the inside of the shipping box is secure then the box did it's job. Also the boxes used now by the club were specifically designed to hold Joe figures, so the club already did put some money into the shipping boxes.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
12-20-2014, 05:43 PM
Any thoughts about just shipping them four at a time instead of two to catch up to the original schedule? It would probably end up being cheaper and you guys would be done with it before you have to go to JoeCon.

rew97@live.com
12-22-2014, 08:29 PM
I was curious as to whether they wanted the FSS completed before Joecon myself.

kwo_bubba@hotmail.com
12-30-2014, 10:29 PM
So has the club received the figures yet?

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
01-01-2015, 02:00 PM
I am curious to know if this delay in the current FSS 3 will have a domino effect on FSS 4? (assuming there are already plans in the works for FSS 4 and so on.) I'm not complaining, just concerned because I'm already looking forward to what might be in store for us down the road and I really want this program to remain a success. :cool:

rcmejia@gmail.com
01-01-2015, 07:22 PM
I am curious to know if this delay in the current FSS 3 will have a domino effect on FSS 4? (assuming there are already plans in the works for FSS 4 and so on.) I'm not complaining, just concerned because I'm already looking forward to what might be in store for us down the road and I really want this program to remain a success. :cool:
100% agree with you

rew97@live.com
01-05-2015, 06:06 AM
Hoping we get an update early this week (today would be great.) that they have shipped, and most of us have them in hand by this weekend. I am more excited about getting these figures than I was for time off work during the holidays.

funpubincadmin
01-06-2015, 03:37 PM
FSS 3.0 Shipment update has been posted on the front "Community News" page, courtesy of Commander Lane (got there before I did).

jrhbeattie@hotmail.com
01-06-2015, 04:46 PM
I have a question and figured it would be better to post here to ask. I need clarification on something so my wife and I need to know how much we need to have in the account. First invoice for FSS3 was $142.70. Invoices 2 and 3 show $52.50. Is it safe to assume that the $52.50 is what is being paid on the 2 billing dates? Sorry if I sound stupid but it is the first time I've used the FSS and want to make sure we have enough after going overboard with Christmas spending on my 2 kids.

funpubincadmin
01-06-2015, 05:37 PM
Forum Admins and Moderators do not have access to any billing information. Please read the following details to contact our Customer Service:

http://www.gijoeclub.com/forums/showthread.php?358-GIJCC-Customer-Service-Questions

jrhbeattie@hotmail.com
01-06-2015, 06:15 PM
Thank you for the link.

rew97@live.com
01-07-2015, 05:33 AM
Does the club send out an email to let you know when the shipment ships, and does it include a tracking number? This is my first time subscribing to the service so I was curious.

Arbrias@hotmail.com
01-07-2015, 10:25 AM
Does the club send out an email to let you know when the shipment ships, and does it include a tracking number? This is my first time subscribing to the service so I was curious.

Typically no, though some people have known theirs were incoming in the past due to a setup with UPS or Fedex alerting them to incoming parcels. In the last two years of subscribing with fedex delivery, I've not received any sort of tracking.

rew97@live.com
01-07-2015, 12:05 PM
Thank you, that is helpful.

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
01-07-2015, 06:33 PM
So did anyone receive any today?

rcmejia@gmail.com
01-07-2015, 06:51 PM
Today it's too early.

rew97@live.com
01-09-2015, 07:56 PM
What is spoiler protocol for these boards in regards to the FSS? Don't want to spoil the suprise for those who want to be suprised by what characters are released.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
01-09-2015, 08:16 PM
Well, on Joecustoms, they have a neat little thing that will put selected text under a black box, Black Ops style.

This is an example: the figure's name goes here, etc. etc. ...

I don't know if the club can add that little feature or if we'll just need to be careful.

01-09-2015, 10:53 PM
So did anyone receive any today?

How about now? Here's to hoping they arrive tomorrow.

rew97@live.com
01-10-2015, 04:41 PM
Nothing as of Saturday the 10th, Hope they arrive Monday and the Buckeyes win the national championship.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
01-12-2015, 07:42 PM
Has anybody received ANYTHING yet?

rew97@live.com
01-12-2015, 09:27 PM
Not today.

rew97@live.com
01-13-2015, 04:59 AM
Have all the orders been sent out yet or was their a bit of a delay?

kelty11@verizon.net
01-13-2015, 08:54 AM
Nothing in NYC as of yesterday afternoon. This odd because I usually get my FSS figures pretty quickly after they are sent out.

manolive@hotmail.com
01-13-2015, 12:08 PM
I have a question and figured it would be better to post here to ask. I need clarification on something so my wife and I need to know how much we need to have in the account. First invoice for FSS3 was $142.70. Invoices 2 and 3 show $52.50. Is it safe to assume that the $52.50 is what is being paid on the 2 billing dates? Sorry if I sound stupid but it is the first time I've used the FSS and want to make sure we have enough after going overboard with Christmas spending on my 2 kids.

Don't know if you found your answer in that link. But no, those invoices are NOT what will be billed next. Each charge includes 2 shipments. That's why you see the $52.50 twice(technically those are shipping documents). If you click on one of those you should see at the bottom "The value listed is for this shipment and will not reflect the full order." You should be paying the same as the first time for each of the next two payments. Which will in turn create 2 new invoices each. Think of it as 1 Payment Invoice and 2 Shipping Invoices. If it helps I can take a screen shot of mine and you can see how FSS 1.0 and 2.0 went.

manolive@hotmail.com
01-13-2015, 12:12 PM
That message was a little misleading, unintentionally. They said they'll start working on them last week. Not that we'll receive them last week. Steel Brigade Plastica lives in AZ and usually gets his 2 days after they've shipped. Once he comes in here and brags about getting them well know to start looking, j/k brother.

arock1922@yahoo.com
01-13-2015, 12:53 PM
I live in the Chicagoland area of Illinois. I usually get my stuff from the club store 3-4 days after it ships. When I read the notice saying they were shipping on the 6th (or possibly 7th) I kind of disregarded it when I got to the part that said we should have everything by the 23rd. That didn't add up to me.

Also, I can't figure out how shipping another set during the last week of January gets us "caught up". If the first shipment was supposed to go out the last week of October, then we'd still be two shipments behind. This is my first year and I'm excited to be getting the figures, but it almost makes me want to think twice before ordering the FSS4.0 figures, if they're offered, regardless of who would be included.

manolive@hotmail.com
01-13-2015, 11:36 PM
Yeah, it's in the way they worded it. They said:

"We are working on getting out the first wave to you this week."

Which makes it sound like it's getting to us that week. Believe me, I thought it too. But it should have been worded like this:

"We are working this week on getting the first wave out to you."

See how that sounds a little more open-ended? The other way makes the mistake of ending the sentence "first wave to you this week." Which leads us to the problem we have now. I've gotten each set so far and honestly the biggest problem was 2.0 the payment plan option just kept randomly changing my info and the card never charged as it should the first time. I always had to call in and have them run in manually. Otherwise it has been fine.

Plus, you have to remember one thing...it is The Club afterall. I mean, not to disparage them, they do try and are good people and do a nice job overall. But this is my 5th year as a member and nothing they've done has ever gone totally smooth or according to plan, lol ;) We've all just learned to grin and bear it.

rew97@live.com
01-14-2015, 07:45 AM
Well we have 8 mail delivery days in the US as of 1-14 until the 23rd, four left this week and four next week due to MLK day. So according to the club we should all have them by next Friday. Heres hoping it works out well.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
01-14-2015, 12:33 PM
Getting pretty ridiculous. Unless they double up shipments I don't see how they'll all be to customers before Joecon.

rew97@live.com
01-14-2015, 01:19 PM
Just got todays mail and nothing yet again, with each day that passes I am having less and less confidence they will arrive.

Arbrias@hotmail.com
01-14-2015, 03:26 PM
Folks in Texas started to receive them today. Shouldn't be too long for everybody else.

ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET
01-14-2015, 05:09 PM
Got them today! I'm close to Ft. Worth though so I expected that.

manolive@hotmail.com
01-14-2015, 07:27 PM
SCHWEET! I imagine I'll have it Friday here in Utah. About what I figured once I reread the email. So now I have to avoid the internet for the next couple days lol.

01-14-2015, 09:49 PM
Got mine today in Mansfield Tx! (Close to Fort Worth) wanna know who they are??? I ain't tellin'!!! :)

rew97@live.com
01-15-2015, 03:48 PM
Nothing in Ohio today, heres hoping for Friday.

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
01-15-2015, 04:54 PM
I have a confirmed sighting in Southeastern Arizona

rcmejia@gmail.com
01-15-2015, 05:06 PM
South Florida confirmed
I came home after a 10 hour shift and when I saw the brown shipment box I was delighted to open it.

firebaseryan@comcast.net
01-15-2015, 05:27 PM
Mine came today :) Very happy. I'm in Northern California.

rjbarnhart@zoominternet.net
01-15-2015, 06:10 PM
Mine arrived today in western Pennsylvania.

ozcouple@live.com
01-15-2015, 06:44 PM
Arrived in MI! One day after TX? Did ya stagger the shipments, Club, just so you could hear all of us giggle like children at once? ;)

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
01-15-2015, 07:39 PM
Nothing in Ohio today, heres hoping for Friday.
Mine showed up today here in Ohio. Maybe they aren't being shipped based on location or region? :confused:

manolive@hotmail.com
01-15-2015, 08:13 PM
Got mine in Utah today. That Priority Mail option was a much better choice than Fed Ex for me. Last couple rounds put me a day behind and it cost about $3-4 more. So, VERY excited about this set. I'm really on the edge of buying a second one of these guys when they hit the store. Really terrific looking!

arock1922@yahoo.com
01-15-2015, 08:58 PM
Got mine just outside Chicago today. Worth the wait, they're really great looking figures.

rew97@live.com
01-15-2015, 09:25 PM
Happy for everyone, hate having to wait another day.

rew97@live.com
01-15-2015, 09:26 PM
Did the figures ship from Texas or another location?

kelty11@verizon.net
01-16-2015, 09:32 AM
I received mine yesterday and they great!

dominic2322@gmail.com
01-16-2015, 01:28 PM
I got mine in michigan

manolive@hotmail.com
01-16-2015, 02:26 PM
Happy for everyone, hate having to wait another day.

Well it saddens me that you haven't gotten yours yet. What method of shipping did you choose?

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
01-16-2015, 03:46 PM
A secret location, in the middle of the Nevada desert...

I thought the Pit was in Utah...

Actually I think they do ship from the Club HQ in Fort Worth, Texas. Mine arrived yesterday in Nebraska by USPS shipping, and they both looked really good. Can't wait for the next set.

rjhiii@sover.net
01-16-2015, 04:32 PM
I haven't gotten mine in VT yet either- however from TX the extra $$$ is not justifiable since it only saves a little time for a lot of $$$

rew97@live.com
01-16-2015, 10:23 PM
Well it saddens me that you haven't gotten yours yet. What method of shipping did you choose?

I chose Priority, so I know what time of day they will be delivered. They came in today luckily, can't wait till we can all talk about them.

rew97@live.com
01-18-2015, 06:02 PM
Hat's off to the club for the quality control of the figures, my two were near flawless. Also the problem with the glue on the cards seems to have been fixed. Hope this continues through out the course of the FSS.

rew97@live.com
01-27-2015, 05:22 AM
Hope to hear something soon about the second shipment, as well more Joe Con details. Best of luck to anyone in the northeast dealing with the super storm.

arock1922@yahoo.com
01-29-2015, 12:03 PM
Any word if the 2nd set of figures shipped/will ship this week?

rew97@live.com
01-29-2015, 07:35 PM
Does not look like it. Guess we are getting two shippments in February. Kind of annoying for those of us who are paying with the installment plan to pay for our second installment Monday while not yet having recieved our first four figures.

arock1922@yahoo.com
01-30-2015, 01:34 AM
I guess a better question might be, did the club even get them from China yet?

rew97@live.com
01-30-2015, 05:07 AM
Yes, The club stated all the figures were done during a short production run in which their was a delay and then all shipped to the US which was also delayed.

manolive@hotmail.com
01-30-2015, 08:19 AM
Does not look like. Guess we are getting two shippments in February. Kind of annoying for those of us who are paying with the installment plan to pay for our second installment Monday while not yet having recieved our first four figures.

Would be nice to get them today or Saturday. Haven't thought about getting them after making a second payment. That does sound a little annoying.

arock1922@yahoo.com
01-30-2015, 09:17 AM
Yes, The club stated all the figures were done during a short production run in which their was a delay and then all shipped to the US which was also delayed.

Maybe it's just me but if they have all the product on hand, and they're already 3 months behind schedule, wouldn't you think they'd want to send out the late figures to catch back up. I understand the excitement created by spreading out the shipments but I think most of the people who purchased the set just want their figures at this point, even if they get 6 at once.

rew97@live.com
01-30-2015, 10:00 AM
Right now I would settle for some kind of update as to when the next shipment will ship, in the update we got from the club on the 6th of this month it said the second wave would ship this week, so unless they ship today that will not quite hold true.

funpubincadmin
01-30-2015, 11:24 AM
Shipping dates are provided from Customer Service, but the second FSS 3.0 shipment is on schedule and starts today 1/30, per the last email update that it would ship out at the end of the month.