PDA

View Full Version : G.I. Joe: 50th Anniversary Toys "R" Us Exclusive Sets!

Commander_Lane
07-24-2014, 12:03 PM

Check out the list of G.I. Joe: 50th Anniversary sets in the July issue of the Club magazine!

We already have reports of these sets hitting Toys "R" Us stores on the West Coast. Use this thread to post your findings and display images.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

kelty11@verizon.net
07-24-2014, 12:26 PM
Can't wait for these. Especially Danger at the Docks (both versions), Low Light, HEAT Viper, Leatherneck and huge Destro.

hojecki@optonline.net
07-25-2014, 09:08 AM
Don't get me wrong. I'm glad Hasbro is doing SOMETHING for the 50th. But this is the 50th of the 12" figure, not RAH. We've celebrated RAH at every turn.

But for the 50th of the 12" figure? We got a couple Kre-O figures. More than a little disappointing to someone who has supported both Hasbro and the Club over the years.

Regards,
Bill

rjhiii@sover.net
07-25-2014, 09:22 AM
http://forums.yojoe.com/news/143551-gentle-giant-plans-g-i-joe-have-been-confirmed-jumbo-o-ring-figures-incoming.html

I know it is still ARAH, but the above are aimed at both. The real reason ARAH is always front in center is popularity plain and simple. The 12" figures just are not as popular, so there is not as much demand, which means less incentive to offer options. Yes, without the 12" there would be no ARAH, but without the 80's ARAH there would be no 50 years of GI Joe...

wgedwards81@gmail.com
07-25-2014, 10:42 AM
There should be a combination of figures both ARAH and 12in. I'd love to see a super articulated Adventure Team figure for this monumental anniversary. Looking forward to low light though.

kelty11@verizon.net
07-25-2014, 10:49 AM
Don't get me wrong. I'm glad Hasbro is doing SOMETHING for the 50th. But this is the 50th of the 12" figure, not RAH. We've celebrated RAH at every turn.

I love both scales, but this is the 50th Anniversary for the 12inch figure. Hasbro is just making things confusing for collectors. The 50th Anniversary of RAH will be in 2033!! (I don't want to even think about that). :)

I agree that Hasbro should have combined the series like they did with the 3.75 figures for the 30th in 1994.

hojecki@optonline.net
07-25-2014, 11:30 AM
The argument that 12" collectors don't buy things is absolute rubbish. The problem is Hasbro puts out 12" figures with 5 points of articulation (for the movie), and then it sits on a shelf. The fact 12" collectors won't buy that garbage is "proof" to Hasbro that 12" collectors won't buy figures. It simply isn't true.

There is no denying the popularity of the little fellas. Only a fool would do so. But there has literally been nothing for 12" collectors since the 40th line and a couple of figures put out as part of the 30th annniversary of RAH. In reality, RAH is lot of repackaging and not a lot of "new" that goes on.

I'm not trying to debate 12" vs 3.75". My point is that it is very disappointing to see nothing, aside from the Club Con set, celebrating the 12" line. Nothing.

Regards,
Bill

Commander_Lane
07-25-2014, 11:42 AM
Hey Guys... please do not debate subjects that are not part of this thread topic. We have other sections that you can create a new discussion topic. Thanks for understanding.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
07-29-2014, 07:18 AM
My problem is that TRU is already selling these on its Canadian website. Why are US customers always the last to be invited to the party? We have to hunt shelves for the places stocking these while other countries can already order them direct from a website. What bunk.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
07-29-2014, 08:37 PM
My problem is that TRU is already selling these on its Canadian website. Why are US customers always the last to be invited to the party? We have to hunt shelves for the places stocking these while other countries can already order them direct from a website. What bunk.
I am very happy that I can order the 50th sets from their website because I would have to travel 200 miles to reach one TRU store. Where in Chicago you can hit approx 165 TRU stores in a 200 mile radius. In fact there are more TRU's in your area then in western Canada, so that's probably the reason for the items being up on the Canadian site before the American site. I realize it still doesn't seem fair, but they might do that to justify all the brick and morter TRU in the States. I was hoping to see the SDCC set offered on the Canadian site, but only the States got it, so you actually got "invited to the party" first on that set.

I actually ordered through BBTS because they had them listed first, so one of everything without having to plan a day trip.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
07-30-2014, 11:57 AM
Bully for you, but it STILL helps scalpers more than actual fans like you and me. Scalpers will buy up the inventory and get them sent to a friend's address in Canada and then they appear at two or three times the price on eBay. The scalpers are the problem, not actual fans in Canada. Even if enough of the items make it to the US website and the store shelves here lots of people who don't want to wait will pay the ridiculous scalper prices just to not have to deal with the delay. It's just bad for everybody but scalpers, that's what bothers me most about it.

boostergold5@gmail.com
07-30-2014, 12:33 PM
Canadian stores wont even get these on shelves. At least they never got Masterpiece Soundwave or Acid Storm. They got one case of four Metroplex and Masterpiece Prime and 30 for 30 Prime. So thats 4 units each figure for all of southwestern Ontario. (Yes one whole store for my city and the nearest next one is Toronto.) Then when the units disappear from their website, instead of putting 'sold out' on the page so you can still see that they did have the product, they just remove the entire page so that you cant ever see it again. I am extremely dubious that these Gi Joes will even reach store shelves in Canada at all. They do have a huge line of Toys R Us modern action heroes or whatever theyre called and theres a whole wall of them so I guess theyd rather stock that since it has better margins for them. They have about 200 Coronation Starscreams and about 500 Lego Arkham Asylums (209 dollars plus tax). So they arent avoiding stocking Hasbro exclusive items because they think its too expensive for consumers, its because of the cost on the good quality figures being too high and it makes it so the greedy executives can have less gold plated bath faucets in their cottage outhouses.. The morons that BUY from the scalpers on ebay are the problem, not the scalpers. Stop enabling them, have some patience..

rjhiii@sover.net
07-30-2014, 12:49 PM
I actually ordered through BBTS because they had them listed first, so one of everything without having to plan a day trip.

Actually the Canadian TRU has the Lady Jaye/Baroness and Snow Job/ Artic BAT set up which has not been made available anywhere in the US. As for the Tan Danger at the Docks being available in the US- If you call Selling starting at 10:00 am and being sold out at 10:01 am available...

j_yoders@hotmail.com
07-30-2014, 02:11 PM
Also, gold5, if you let me buy one of each of the Canadian items available on the TRU website I will gladly pay the shipping here to the US. I just want to get these purchases out of the way so I don't have to keep checking every hour or so. E-mail me at j_yoders@hotmail.com if you'd like to help a fellow collector out.

amaraljustin@hotmail.com
07-30-2014, 04:20 PM
as a fellow southwestern ontarian, i agree.

Wave 3.5 of retaliation was realeased in the US in july. my local toys r us, didnt get ANY until early NOVEMBER. didnt get any wave 4 at all!
i had to go to my local comic shops who order directly from the manufacterers. and as far as i know, canadian walmarts arent stocking gi joe at all anymore.

the last of gi joe kreo we got, was wave 2, last year in about october. NO wave 3 at all yet. and probobly wont come.

its not just joes, its everything. the generations tramsformers, the june releases, like rat trap, NOT here :( star wars black series, NOT here. we have SHELVES and SHELVES of wave 1 and 2 black series, TOOO many anikins, bigs, slave leiahs, greedos...and boba fett? i only saw two..ever.

all these waves keep comming out and we miss all of them....its a shame what hasbro has done with thier near monopoly on the toy industry.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
07-30-2014, 07:14 PM
Hasbro is certainly killing the golden goose with the decisions they've made with both GI Joe and Star Wars lately. There are still wave one pursuit of cobras on shelves at my local TRU. None of the later waves even showed up. I don't think Target even stocks Joes at all anymore. period. At least not the ones near me.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-31-2014, 05:43 AM
There is a reason Mattel is the number one toy company in the world- they make their products available and still collectible...

kelty11@verizon.net
07-31-2014, 08:04 AM
Hasbro is certainly killing the golden goose with the decisions they've made with both GI Joe and Star Wars lately. There are still wave one pursuit of cobras on shelves at my local TRU. None of the later waves even showed up. I don't think Target even stocks Joes at all anymore. period. At least not the ones near me.

I agree with you 100%. I collect Joe and Star Wars and both lines have been suffering from distribution problems since at least 2010 (star wars' problems started in 2008-09). This applies to Marvel products as well. My TRU never received any of the later Retaliation waves and I found most of those at Wallgreens, Rite Aid, Kmart and online. Something is definitely wrong when Rite Aid and Wallgreens stock more figures than Toys R Us. Additionally, my local Target stopped stocking joes back in 2010 (almost nothing after W2 of POC). For some reason I think that Hasbro is trying to destroy the brands that put them on the map so they can focus on Angry Birds and other lines with limited life spans. Transformers is the only exception to this trend. On the other hand, Mattel and Playmates items are always in abundance and always arrive on time. You should see the number of Batman '66 figures that are available in the Times Square Toys R Us in NYC and all my local stores are constantly restocking TMNT figures which still sell briskly after almost 30 years.

hojecki@optonline.net
07-31-2014, 11:19 AM
I don't think Hasbro is intentionally trying to kill the Joe and Star Wars lines. That would make no sense, escpecially with Star Wars. That license is, practically speaking, an ATM, just raking in the cash.

Far as Joe goes, I still think they are not 100% sure what to do with the line. It has become primarily a collector's line (as opposed to a true toy line) and that isn't their business. The recent line of 12" statues failed, and to them that shows the 12" line is dead. The RAH line is still alive and well with collectors, but I just think they don't want to be Sideshow. They want to be a toy company. And this is where the business model gets muddy.

bmoney@cimtel.net
08-01-2014, 11:22 AM
the 50th sets are up on BBTS. thats probably how i'm going to get them because here in oklahoma no one stocks toys here. atleast there is something out there. i cant wait to get the wolf and the barroness pack

rjhiii@sover.net
08-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but BBTS says the Wolf is sold out and they do not look like they are offering the Social Clash set... In fact I haven't seen the social Clash site anywhere except on Toys R Us Canada and they would not let me order it ... I am in the US

kelty11@verizon.net
08-02-2014, 10:54 AM
I haven't seen the social Clash site anywhere except on Toys R Us Canada and they would not let me order it ... I am in the US

I wish TRU would let US customers order from their Canadian Store. Amazon lets Americans place orders on Amazon.ca and uk.

julestobin@gmail.com
08-02-2014, 12:44 PM
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=02abcfea72&view=fimg&th=147970141e14744f&attid=0.5&disp=thd&realattid=1475333450412064768-5&attbid=ANGjdJ-aM7taO7bwXJGWOT_MQWhxHPG7TA4CfW4GEAk9h_CAOyCVq9rnp ix6IVxAHwsB0aB0P37wVdJjoQeOeut86wOGhMm97_7NHaWEKtC iKbz7m6szEWkFhBrfBGs&sz=w360-h240-p-nu&ats=1407003798955&rm=147970141e14744f&zwhttps://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=02abcfea72&view=fimg&th=147970141e14744f&attid=0.3&disp=thd&realattid=1475333450412064768-3&attbid=ANGjdJ_tuDbRcw1MEHcSE7cuCnc0AHx2uvNlb3y1xzY qjGQINhpPnqnnDZ1U8WBI3DMhjnMmimCvzWYqjvE4NPZZ8Oqx9 QyP8LdPE6-hwPiEPm6qL1NvQRqcmFqrapY&sz=w360-h240-p-nu&ats=1407003798954&rm=147970141e14744f&zw
I got my set yesterday! Straight from eBay! I'm used to paying the extra. I'm in Canada but can't wait all the same. So I'll share some images with you. I know you'll enjoy them!!

amaraljustin@hotmail.com
08-02-2014, 12:52 PM
i dont think the social clash or the snowjob and bat sets are on the canadian toys r us site anymore! i check this morning and couldnt find them!

julestobin@gmail.com
08-02-2014, 01:07 PM
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=02abcfea72&view=fimg&th=147970141e14744f&attid=0.4&disp=thd&realattid=1475333450412064768-4&attbid=ANGjdJ_Bt9X5uUmTE9yxRWnTeLABVNQRTA-Yvq7gr3jDoaBlOoKiPSq4AxEivEBKjkSnqR9jb0MVrW3kjeUue FAduZtcQHQaAC8HEicoec55KaVuh0oYt-fgTt3dRDY&sz=w360-h240-p-nu&ats=1407003798954&rm=147970141e14744f&zwhttps://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=02abcfea72&view=fimg&th=147970141e14744f&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=1475333450412064768-1&attbid=ANGjdJ_oYbMy0WnJUaRhNU1tVM3pu3cPz-MtfGzaky_atzbiPe8pLYE5JSH-4iGXUH6xoIejR1o4VrEMwhEqLTedBFyo1nZ04HGfQVCMrCo79E J8JdVGpFm6uJwVPqY&sz=w360-h240-p-nu&ats=1407003798954&rm=147970141e14744f&zw
Here are a few more! It beats waiting in a TOYS'R'US line anyday!!

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
08-02-2014, 10:48 PM
I got Battle Below Zero at TRU in L.A. Was pretty easy. Walked in, they had a few on the shelf, I bought one. Scalpers should be wary of the manager. That guy has my respect, as he can spot a scalper a mile away and refuses to sell more than two (2) of each item to the same person.

gijoeguru@yahoo.com
08-03-2014, 09:11 AM
I bought two of the SDCC variant sets of "Danger at the dock" from ebay. I know it was a bit of cash to go out for a $30.00 set but it would have cost me a lot more than that to drive or fly from one coast to the other and back just to get a $30 set. So the Ebay guy made a profit, about 300% profit but at the same time saved me money and provided me a service I was willing to pay for.

I say that to say this, One was purchased to open and the other to keep MISB. I chose the lesser condition box to open. I assembled the Vamp and found that the rear gas can rack was defective as it was not fully formed, the left "hook tab" had no hook to it and will not stay in place, so no gas cans on my vamp.

Does anyone know if Hasbro will replace that part? I really don't want to modify the set and really don't want to open my second one.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

arock1922@yahoo.com
08-03-2014, 11:37 AM
Based on a previous post about a Flint with a pretty defective paint job and Hasbro's response to that, my best educated guess would be that they won't care. But trying to contact them wouldn't hurt. I've always had the most success sending an email with a picture or two.

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
08-03-2014, 07:06 PM
I bought two of the SDCC variant sets of "Danger at the dock" from ebay. I know it was a bit of cash to go out for a $30.00 set but it would have cost me a lot more than that to drive or fly from one coast to the other and back just to get a $30 set. So the Ebay guy made a profit, about 300% profit but at the same time saved me money and provided me a service I was willing to pay for.

Does anyone know if Hasbro will replace that part? I really don't want to modify the set and really don't want to open my second one.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks! I went around and around with them about the defective Flint figure and they finally agreed to send me some kind of coupon for a discount on a future HASBRO toy purchase. The coupon has not arrived yet and I don't know what the value of it will be or if I will ever actually receive it. Be prepared for an argument that will likely last 2-3 business days if you contact them by email like I did. In your case I would recommend starting with their 1-800 number and try describing the malformed piece.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-05-2014, 12:09 PM
I received the 2-packs, 3-packs and Regular edition Danger at the Dock set from BBTS yesterday. I have to say that they look fantastic. I haven't opened them yet so this judgment is based on just a cursory glance. I'm glad to finally have the spectacular Low Light figure (thank you Hasbro for including every accessory that came with the POC version). HEAT Viper is an excellent companion to the other 1989 troopers that have released by Hasbro and the Club. I really like the Viper Officer and the homage to the 1998 TRU Viper set. Leatherneck and Destro are both huge figures, similar in stature to the club NF Repeater. I also found the paint applications on Flint to be somewhat better than on the SDCC version.

I can't wait for the Wolf/ Ice Viper and the 2nd wave of 2-packs.

rcmejia@gmail.com
08-05-2014, 02:20 PM
I am holding out until I find my set at my local TRU. Here in miami there are 6 toys r us stores. I'm bound to find it by years end. I'm a delivery driver so driving around to get it is no biggie.

gijoeguru@yahoo.com
08-06-2014, 12:15 PM
I went around and around with them about the defective Flint figure and they finally agreed to send me some kind of coupon for a discount on a future HASBRO toy purchase. The coupon has not arrived yet and I don't know what the value of it will be or if I will ever actually receive it. Be prepared for an argument that will likely last 2-3 business days if you contact them by email like I did. In your case I would recommend starting with their 1-800 number and try describing the malformed piece.

Well I contacted them by email and the rep informed me that they were sending me a call tag to return the set for something else equal or greater value since they "don't have any more of the SDCC sets left" Well I am not sending my set. I will just "fix it" or I will find a lose one from a previously released vamp from the 25th anniversary. I hope the other items I have coming on pre-order from BBTS and TRU are better in terms of QC.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-06-2014, 02:06 PM
I'm sick of trolling the aisles at TRU and attempting to get Canadians to purchase them for me. Will be going the eBay route. Congratulations, you win, scalpers. Make sure to thank Hasbro and TRU for all their help.

rcmejia@gmail.com
08-06-2014, 05:16 PM
I see some people posting up to 6 of this for sale

manolive@hotmail.com
08-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Well I contacted them by email and the rep informed me that they were sending me a call tag to return the set for something else equal or greater value since they "don't have any more of the SDCC sets left" Well I am not sending my set. I will just "fix it" or I will find a lose one from a previously released vamp from the 25th anniversary. I hope the other items I have coming on pre-order from BBTS and TRU are better in terms of QC.

Well I just got my first bunch of stuff at a local TRU and when I opened the Arctic Battle set I found all the part bags were not taped and parts were rattling all over the place. Which makes you do a quick inventory. I was missing the rotating missile rack for the Wolf. I too called Hasbro, they answered right away and a nice man tried his best to help me. But alas, these sets are so new they didn't have spare parts to replace anything. Got the same call tag and maybe we'll send you a replacement response. But thought I'd try a different TRU hoping they had more stock. They did and it was an easy exchange. Still no tape on the bags, but everything was there.

I hate to laugh at your misfortune, but it is kinda funny that you had a 50/50 shot of opening the box without any flawed parts and it came up tails, lol.

gijoeguru@yahoo.com
08-07-2014, 06:30 AM
Well Geek-Viper I would be laughing too if I had not spent top dollar on these.

Just makes me lose faith in Hasbro ever getting it right for the BRAND in the future. I don't see the BRAND ever making it back to be a sustainable level as it was in the 80's.

I will probably just stick with club produced products (always taken care of QC issues for me in the past) and what is readily available off the shelf (if we ever see that again) so that it could be exchanged like you did.

Ohh well, Crap happens.... I've lost more money than these cost me on other ventures I have had in the past.

I remember as a kid buying the python patrol stun and it had two left seats, so I know this is not the first blunder Hasbro has made, but it was a simple exchange at TRU. So no big deal.

I'll fix it on my own like I said previously.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-07-2014, 09:43 AM
I remember in the late 80's/ early 90's joe vehicles were always missing pieces or had improperly molded parts. However, Hasbro would always send you a replacement part immediately.

I echo the above comment that Hasbro has dropped the ball too many times with its core brands with GI Joe being the most obvious victim. You can't blame the age of the property because Playmates' TMNT toys sell better than anything Hasbro sells. I hope the club keeps up the great work they have been doing because Hasbro is completely lost.

arock1922@yahoo.com
08-07-2014, 10:31 AM
Is anyone especially disappointed in the paint applications on the 50th figures. I've been lucky enough to get ahold of two Blowtorch/H.E.A.T.-Viper packs and a Danger at the Docks set and all 6 figures had pretty low quality paint jobs. My Flint had pretty bad forearms but the neck was ok. Both Blowtorches has paint peeling at various joints and both H.E.AT.-Vipers have "holes"in the purple stripes on the body and the arms.

I can't decide if Hasbro truly doesn't care about the collectors anymore our if this initial wave was completely rushed off the production lines to hit the stores early. Back in February at ToyCon in NY Hasbro announced the 50th line would be released in the fall. I know we've had a relatively mild summer but it's hardly fall.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-07-2014, 11:26 AM
The paint apps on my figures were ok, but not the greatest. I got mine from BBTS, so I don't know if they inspected them before shipment. I haven't encountered any peeling paint, but I think the plastic used is too soft and will probably acquire that sticky-oily feel within in 5 or 6 years. Everything about this line feels rushed to me. It seems that Hasbro just threw together some figure and vehicles (most were spectacular choices) to placate the fan base. I think Hasbro main focus is on children rather than collectors (although they seem to adore scalpers). Granted, their profit comes from making toys for kids but that doesn't mean that quality should suffer. When I bought joes and other toys in the late 80's and 90's I didn't just buy the first thing I saw. I always made sure the the paint jobs looked good and all the accessories were present. Oh, and I was 6 to 14 years old while doing this.

jamieandvicki@gmail.com
08-10-2014, 03:38 PM
I was able to get the Low Light & Night Viper pk as well as the Eagles Edge 3 pk and Vipers Pit 3 pk . No real issues except for Destro's ruber knees and a couple of stuck joints quickly fixed with some warm water. No vehicles and the HEAT Viper looked awful, was out of town so hoping I can find these in he next few weeks at my local tru. Overall Iam really happy with these.

rcmejia@gmail.com
08-10-2014, 06:19 PM
I got both of my 2 packs today. I have a friend that found them for me.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-10-2014, 09:15 PM
I got a Danger at the Docks at my local TRU and the paint application is, indeed, TERRIBLE. Black from the shirt on both forearms and his neck.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-12-2014, 10:00 AM
The paint job on Leatherneck's forearms is terrible as well. I do not like it when a flesh tone is painted on action figures. It makes them look like knockoffs. I noticed that the one thing Leatherneck is missing is his backpack. I wonder why Hasbro didn't/ couldn't include include it? Afterall, the other 50th figures come with all their original accessories including some fantastic new toolings of Heat- Viper's accessories.

rjhiii@sover.net
08-13-2014, 11:10 AM
TRU has just added the Cobra Wolf set, Low light - Night Viper 2 pack, and the Beachhead- Viper-Cobra Soldier 3 pack to their website. Low Light-Heat Viper is not available yet, but you can sign up for their email service. They also limited the Cobra Wolf set to two per person which should cut down on some of the scalpers.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-19-2014, 02:31 PM
My local TRU received a large supply of the 50th sets. However, they have them with power rangers, McFarlane Sports and NECA figures near the clearance aisle. They should be with Star Wars, Transformers, or Marvel figures.

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
08-19-2014, 07:43 PM
My local TRU received a large supply of the 50th sets. However, they have them with power rangers, McFarlane Sports and NECA figures near the clearance aisle. They should be with Star Wars, Transformers, or Marvel figures.

I noticed this yesterday in my area store as well but only with the figure packs. There was one lonely Heat Viper pack hanging there that the local scalper missed. Makes me wonder if I missed anything both times that I went there last week. :confused: The vehicle shelf tags are on the proper shelf in the Star Wars aisle - ( but the shelf is usually empty due to the scalper @%$# that keeps showing up when the store opens and buying every vehicle in the store while I'm stuck at work.)

kelty11@verizon.net
08-21-2014, 09:36 AM
I forgot to mention that there were no shelf tags for any of the items and the prices were not readily available. And this was in the Times Square store in NYC- go figure.

It's still great to see new Joe products on the shelves again. Maybe Hasbro could release more through out next year. I am not asking for a flood of products, but maybe 3 or 4 additional figure and vehicle waves.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-21-2014, 11:56 AM
Still no sightings of Baroness/Lady Jaye two-pack or the Snow Job/Arctic Viper. At least not in the Chicago area.

arock1922@yahoo.com
08-21-2014, 01:08 PM
Has anyone in the Chicago area seen either of the 3 packs yet? I usually hit a couple of different TRUs a week and I still haven't seen either one of them. I need that darn Leatherneck for my '86 collection. :D

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
08-21-2014, 01:47 PM
Still no sightings of Baroness/Lady Jaye two-pack or the Snow Job/Arctic Viper. At least not in the Chicago area.

Last I knew they weren't even available for Preorder from BBTS

rjhiii@sover.net
08-21-2014, 02:22 PM
They were available for pre-order through TRU Canada, but they would you have to live in Canada, therefore they wouldn't let me...

rew97@live.com
08-21-2014, 08:04 PM
Got the two 3 packs yesterday from BBTS, great figures but Destro and Leatherneck are so out of scale I will have to display them seperately from the rest of my collection. Their like Shaq and Yao Ming standing next a group of normal sized people.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-22-2014, 10:50 AM
I have a feeling that Hasbro is messing with collectors and will only release these in Canada/Europe. I believe they are waiting to see to how the first assortments sell. They do this almost every year with Star Wars products.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-28-2014, 11:42 AM
I just got the Wolf/ Sky Hawk set from BBTS. The set I received was in perfect condition with no paint errors. The only complaint was that some of the pieces for the Wolf has come out of their bag. I wish Hasbro has taped or vacuum sealed the bags.

I hope we get to see what other vehicle molds has been sitting on next year. The Wolf was last available as a Hasbro mail order item in 1994.

jimsnow70@aol.com
08-31-2014, 06:32 AM
Still no sightings for the Lady Jaye/Baroness & Snow Job/BAT 2-packs?

rjhiii@sover.net
08-31-2014, 08:26 AM
nope and I have my Aunt's scouring all of Mass/CT/Souther NH TRU's to find the Baroness set for my niece...

kelty11@verizon.net
08-31-2014, 11:25 AM
Updated Report from NYC: at least 40 Low Light/ Night- Viper sets gone within a week (I hope it wasn't just 4 people who each bought 10) and only one VAMP set left. I hope this serves as a signal to Hasbro that properly made and distributed Joe toys will sell.

rcmejia@gmail.com
08-31-2014, 03:43 PM
At the store that I go to shop there were 10 sets of heat viper and not one of the night viper with low light

kelty11@verizon.net
09-18-2014, 11:21 AM
Wave 2 of the two packs are available for pre-order from BBTS!!!

Wave 1 have been selling like crazy in NYC. I have 4 TRU's near my home including the huge Times Square store and these sets disappear from shelves. Even the peg warmer HEAT Viper/ Blowtorch sets sales seems to be picking up. Maybe Hasbro give us 2 or more waves of 2-packs, 3-packs and vehicles. They should release 50th anniversary product through next summer.

This would provide us with nice balance of Club figures and those released by Hasbro.

rjhiii@sover.net
09-18-2014, 11:49 AM
I posted the same thing as its own thread- I preordered both through BBTS. The Artic BAT set individually has already sold out. But I needed to get my niece the girl set to keep her interested in GI Joe :)

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
09-18-2014, 12:03 PM
:( I noticed that Toys R Us has jacked up the in-store price on the 3-packs from $19.99 to 24.99 and the price of Danger on the Docks from $29.99 to 34.99! Pretty lame. Another discouraging factor in deciding whether or not to troop build on these sets.

rcmejia@gmail.com
09-18-2014, 03:40 PM
You beat me to the punch. Today I went to my local store and noticed the $5 increase on all the sets. Toys r us does it all the time.

kelty11@verizon.net
09-19-2014, 11:55 AM
Toys r us seems to always jack up their prices by 5 or 6 dollars in the lead up the holiday season. Then they complain about unsold product in January. :confused:

kelty11@verizon.net
09-25-2014, 08:28 AM
Some ideas for future 50th anniversary products

Crazy Legs & Rock Viper
Recondo and Shadow Tracker
Wet- Suit ('86) and Lamprey
Red Star ('91 colors) and Alley Viper ('89 color)
Dr. Mindbender, Sgt. Slaughter and Serpentor
Jinx (Red) & Night Creeper

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
09-25-2014, 08:54 AM
Some ideas for future 50th Anniversary products:

Action Soldier
Action Sailor
Action Marine
Action Pilot

kelty11@verizon.net
09-26-2014, 10:28 AM
That's a cool idea. Hasbro could release all 4 separately as well as in a boxed set with an Astronaut and Mercury Capsule as they did in 1994.

I also wouldn't mind seeing super- high quality (i.e. DiD & Hot Toys) 12 inch 50th Anniversary versions of these figures, afterall it is the 50th Anniversary of the original JOE.

shmjh57@yahoo.com
09-26-2014, 10:45 AM
I live in Athens, GA and my Toys R Us has plenty of the night-viper & heat-viper 2-packs. We have a ton of both 3-packs, as well. I can get a few of the first 2 vehicles sets and, I've already had 2 boxes of kreo figures come through and expect more to come. If I can help any of you feel please to let my know. You can call me at 706-247-6068, after 6pm on the east coast.

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
10-05-2014, 11:32 AM
The ARCTIC AMBUSH 2-pack with SNOW JOB and ARCTIC B.A.T is up for at order Toys Were Us -- They also have the SOCIAL CLASH with LADY JAYE: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=38349836&cp=2255956.2273442.3574079.3529714&parentPage=family

rcmejia@gmail.com
10-05-2014, 12:23 PM
The ARCTIC AMBUSH 2-pack with SNOW JOB and ARCTIC B.A.T is up for at order Toys Were Us -- They also have the SOCIAL CLASH with LADY JAYE: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=38349836&cp=2255956.2273442.3574079.3529714&parentPage=family

Great thanks for looking out

rjhiii@sover.net
10-05-2014, 03:03 PM
http://patchesofpride.wordpress.com/2014/10/04/unhappy-anniversary-hasbro-no-longer-selling-g-i-joe-brand-products-from-hasbrotoyshop-com/

Hasbro's treating of the 50th continues to amaze me. They could at least direct people to BBTS and TRU...

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
10-05-2014, 06:08 PM
It's really depressing that Hasbro has lost faith / interest in one of it's best toy lines. I have sensed for some time now that they are also losing interest in catering to the 3-3/4 inch Star Wars collector market as well. Perhaps HASBRO needs to bring in some new blood and fresh attitudes. Hasbro idea's are quite stagnated and and their attitude toward their own products is stubbornly pessimistic. They are almost religious in their belief that there is not a market for playsets and large scale vehicle's, and yet other companies continue to turn out large playsets and vehicle's at reasonable price's - e.g. True Heroe's has an entire toy aisle at Toys R Us full of large vehicle's, Castle Playset's. They even have a big submarine now and it only cost's $50! Why doesn't Hasbro have the balls to do that?

rjhiii@sover.net
10-05-2014, 06:22 PM
I am so buying that for my niece and nephew and customizing it :-) Have to throw out the trash figures though and replace them with a GI Joe crew. It is like the C-130 TRU plane which also was $50

Of course if Hasbro produced one- I would buy that one first...

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
10-05-2014, 07:34 PM
Unfortunately, if Hasbro made a submarine, they would make it half the size and charge twice as much for it - but only if it was a "movie year". I bought the True Heroes C-130 plane. It's not perfect but it's cool and Hasbro will never make one for GI JOE. Hasbro lost their edge a long time ago. Maybe TRUE HEROES will have the guts to make a 7 foot long aircraft carrier someday...;)

rjhiii@sover.net
10-06-2014, 05:51 AM
True Heroes is owned by Toy R Us, so why not license the line to them or the company that makes the product for them with some sort of out reach. If they produce the vehicles for GI JOE and and their other lines, and Hasbro makes the figures- Vehicles come with two sticker sheets and/or in separate packaging and TRU makes them available to other outlets for 10% more (Walmart, Target, Amazon,C-Store-Pharmacy-Grocery Store, dealer shops) it could be a sweet deal for everyone.

fullclip101@aol.com
10-15-2014, 04:50 PM
How come there are no new up dates about the second wave?

julestobin@gmail.com
10-18-2014, 02:18 PM
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=02abcfea72&view=fimg&th=1492369477332851&attid=0.2&disp=thd&realattid=1482307119089713152-2&attbid=ANGjdJ8TFRLHFpbfV8340YypC9QosHoo9NHw7i1y_5o iR0ZRr6wgmW332-QORoh_KtC38TSGGBl5vhgpGp8BaL39t-nrGHvMFUvR35SIVVWpwsSTBQI7j-yJcafIh5k&sz=w360-h240-p-nu&ats=1413661482427&rm=1492369477332851&zwhttps://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=02abcfea72&view=fimg&th=1492369477332851&attid=0.3&disp=thd&realattid=1482307119089713152-3&attbid=ANGjdJ8p9pFShwTF2EaXxKlSyI8VBeGyczIoXKKDssD FoHC-KDCOOc_ssoQaZQcGB1idwhVUnVQiNw2soKV0JiEVZHTVACKWmJ mPN-iU629tU50P9DttphOpbr3zk9g&sz=w360-h240-p-nu&ats=1413661482427&rm=1492369477332851&zwhttps://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=02abcfea72&view=fimg&th=1492369477332851&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=1482307119089713152-1&attbid=ANGjdJ9h81Um6blEDTGiN74Yzh8oYh9pe7wYkCq02rc 1tiXZcQgcWVJu75A5xPP0IhQEcMzkuRunro8ooLvh31BcqKjtD oy6NcvvXAJqzseohYlrhnGowhnPPIkfEao&sz=w360-h240-p-nu&ats=1413661482426&rm=1492369477332851&zwI've finally put together my T'R'U W.O.L.F. I thought it would be a good thing to share some images!

jimsnow70@aol.com
04-19-2015, 09:22 PM
So is the new stuff shown at Joecon '15 considered part of the 50th anniversary line?

boostergold5@gmail.com
04-20-2015, 01:19 AM
The reason stores only get tons of wave one of a toy line isnt Hasbros fault. Theres not bad distribution. Its the stores fault. They say they want us to go to their stores for all our toy needs but they dont have every wave. Its intentional. They order tons and tons of the first wave. They get a bulk discount for ordering so many units. Then when waves two and three come out they do not order them. They still have boatloads of the first wave and they will not re order until they have gotten rid of the first ones. I was told this by the Hasbro sales rep. Educate yourselves. If your local 'toy store' doesnt have all the waves blame them, not Hasbro.

funpubincadmin
04-20-2015, 09:52 AM
So is the new stuff shown at Joecon '15 considered part of the 50th anniversary line?

Yes, per the information that Hasbro provided from their panel at our 2015 GIJoeCon.

boostergold5@gmail.com
05-28-2015, 01:15 PM
It's really depressing that Hasbro has lost faith / interest in one of it's best toy lines. I have sensed for some time now that they are also losing interest in catering to the 3-3/4 inch Star Wars collector market as well. Perhaps HASBRO needs to bring in some new blood and fresh attitudes. Hasbro idea's are quite stagnated and and their attitude toward their own products is stubbornly pessimistic. They are almost religious in their belief that there is not a market for playsets and large scale vehicle's, and yet other companies continue to turn out large playsets and vehicle's at reasonable price's - e.g. True Heroe's has an entire toy aisle at Toys R Us full of large vehicle's, Castle Playset's. They even have a big submarine now and it only cost's $50! Why doesn't Hasbro have the balls to do that?

Lines like Lanards and Toys R Us True Heroes cut into Hasbros profits. Its because they exist that Hasbro doesnt bother anymore. Back in the day they were the only company making dolls for boys. Now everyone does it, from the direct knock offs to the homages. They cant make money off Joe because theres too many competitors in the marketplace now and Hasbro has no legal recourse to sue all of them unless they copy Joe closely. (Backwards thumb has to be on the copy, etc). Things like Angry Birds and Adventure Time are distinctive looking enough that they feel they can contain the amount of copying and also those lines appeal to boys and girls both at the same time.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-09-2015, 08:53 AM
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=62274156&prodFindSrc=rv

SDCC TRU EXCLUSIVE is live and it is LIMITED one per customer so the scalpers can't come buy 50 at a time...

kelty11@verizon.net
07-09-2015, 10:34 AM
Got my order in early!.

I wish HTS would limit their items to one per customer.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-09-2015, 11:48 AM
That is the next battle- July 28th will be an F5 nightmare...

axonrey@gmail.com
07-09-2015, 12:13 PM
I'm glad I wasn't really after any of this stuff- you guys are stressing me out just talking about it. Hopefully, the regular retail stuff will be as easy to get as it was last year.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-09-2015, 01:12 PM
The first exclusive was relatively painless and 4 hours later it is STILL available in part to TRU limiting the number, and my guess is upping the production run a little. If anyone is currently paying $100 plus on Ebay for this, they are screwing themselves.

sigepskinny@yahoo.com
07-09-2015, 04:41 PM
Anyone know where the Crimson strike set is available besides ebay or sdcc itself?

rew97@live.com
07-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Anyone know where the Crimson strike set is available besides ebay or sdcc itself?

If that is the one with Grunt and Steeler I think the only OFFICIAL places to buy it are SDCC and Hasbro's site. As I do not believe TRU had any of the SDCC exclusives last year, they had a different version of the same thing.

jimsnow70@aol.com
07-09-2015, 06:55 PM
HTS will have the Crimson Strike set available on 7/28. Make sure you have an account and that it's up to date.

psfontan5@aol.com
07-14-2015, 07:14 PM

But for the 50th of the 12" figure? We got a couple Kre-O figures. More than a little disappointing to someone who has supported both Hasbro and the Club over the years.

Regards,
Bill

I agree with you the 12 Inch figure is my one and only.

kelty11@verizon.net
07-26-2015, 11:20 AM
Just received my Desert Duel (SDCC) and Regular edition as well as the 2-packs from EE and I am impressed. From just a cursory glance I have to say the the paint job are better than last year. However I wish Hasbro would stop using excessive amounts of flesh colored paint on the faces and forearms (i.e. Storm Shadow). In my opinion the best 2-pack is Gung-Ho vs. Shadow Guard as Gung-Ho is vast improvement over the 2007 25th style figure. Spirit is also pretty well done, but unfortunately Spirit is not included. Come on Shipwreck, Mutt and Spirit cannot be separated from their animal combat companions.

I love the Cobra Basilisk as it is a wonderful versions of the seemingly overused Snowcat mold and the metallic blue paint on the vehicle and Cobra Horseman is very impressive. Chuckles is a decent looking figure, however his face mask gives a weird, sinister look (kind of like Billy the Kid wearing a Hawaiian shirt).

tkallspark@yahoo.com
07-26-2015, 12:44 PM
LKelty.....I think you meant freedom is missing from Spirit.

jmsberetta@aol.com
07-26-2015, 01:30 PM
I got the two packs in Springfield,Mo from a little store called next-level I never got to check TRU here

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
07-31-2015, 09:52 AM
got the five two packs today and toys r us, they have no idea about the three packs or the vehicles

j_yoders@hotmail.com
07-31-2015, 11:24 AM
Ordered all my two packs from BBTS.

greenlanternpiper@yahoo.com
07-31-2015, 06:37 PM
The new two figure packs have hit most of the Toys R Us distribution centers, except for the ones on the east coast. However most stores are only getting one case of the figures shipped to them initially.

rew97@live.com
07-31-2015, 07:48 PM
Really wish we could get an update on those 3 packs, some of the best stuff is being released in them.

rew97@live.com
07-31-2015, 08:40 PM
Really wish we could get an update on those 3 packs, some of the best stuff is being released in them.

Huh, nevermind I just picked up the Firefly 3 pack on Ebay, it was fairly expensive but I have wanted the thing since first seeing the images from this years Joecon. Hope to post some pics next week.

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
07-31-2015, 10:52 PM
They were only 12.99

rew97@live.com
08-01-2015, 09:03 AM
They were only 12.99

Huh? The list price for the 2 packs is $14.99 and 3 packs are $19.99, according to the May issue of the club mag.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-01-2015, 10:47 AM
The new two figure packs have hit most of the Toys R Us distribution centers, except for the ones on the east coast. However most stores are only getting one case of the figures shipped to them initially.

I don't anything ever gets to the east coast distribution centers. I always hear of Joe and SW items arriving en masse west of the Rockies, and then I guess the remainders trickle into other parts of the country.

axonrey@gmail.com
08-01-2015, 11:25 AM
East coast shipping *****. Apparently, the people who've found them at retail are quoting prices at 12.99 for the two packs, even though 14.99 was previously stated through various outlets.

rew97@live.com
08-01-2015, 09:16 PM
My closest TRU is a good many miles away from me, and it's not worth the cost of gas to drive out and hope they have what I'm looking for. So, I can only go by website prices for these items. By the way if the 50th items are also exclusive to BBTS then why are they hiking up the prices so bad?

tkallspark@yahoo.com
08-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Supply vs demand......It's the modern business model I guess. And the retail prices are MSRP so they will vary.

axonrey@gmail.com
08-02-2015, 10:58 AM
BBTS was higher than retail last year, as well. I figured it was based on the idea that one would pay a little more to guarantee they got what they wanted. Plus, it appears the online retailers are getting them sooner than the stores, so there's that, too.

rew97@live.com
08-03-2015, 10:43 PM
Just got my Firefly 3 pack which is awesome. Wanted to give everyone a heads up buying it that you will likely get a Dusty with only one silver knee pad (on the left leg), I got mine and thought it was a factory error but after looking at other photos of the item I guess that is just the way it was intended to be. Hope this helps someone else avoid a freak out.

quiettman@yahoo.com
08-04-2015, 01:50 PM
MSRP for the wave 1 and 2 two packs is 14.99, wave 3 was increased to approx 17.99. The Desert Duel MSRP is 54.99. Again, these are prices recommended by the manufacturer and in no way dictate the market price. Supply vs demand as always. I find it hard to believe that as of today, the Desert Duel set is still listed as "pre-order" on TRU's site when they are readily available.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-05-2015, 09:24 AM
Are the 3-packs out yet? Haven't seen them at TRU or online. You think TRU would have enough sense to fully stock their online store.

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
08-05-2015, 10:59 AM
my local toys r us broke out the two vehicles and another case of two packs but no three packs yet, silent strike was 64.99

marccallison@gmail.com
08-06-2015, 09:34 AM
The Dusty silver kneepad is deliberate: It is to represent the knee that rests on the ground when firing from a kneeling position.

Anyways, only thing I've found in Mid-Missouri is the Silent Strike set. Hoping to see figures in the next week or so.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-06-2015, 01:05 PM
I just received the SDCC Cobra Scythe and Chimera set and I am very impressed. I realize this is the fifth Skystriker we've received since 2009, but all in all the mold lends itself very well to the Crimson theme. The Alley Viper Officer is a great addition to the 25th, POC and Retaliation versions of that character. I'm not to sure about the AVAC sculpt. I like the overall color scheme but not the parts that were used. The AVAC head looks too large when paired with the Crimson Guard body.

I love the GI Joe Chimera, if for no other reason than the fact that it is a great homage to the days of Joe and Cobra repainting and re-purposing captured vehicles. I am glad to finally have a Steeler figure as the last two were so limited and hard to find. Although it is a shame he is missing that extra knee articulation. I also think that Grunt is a great update of the original 1982 Infantryman.

I felt better about the price tag once I received this set as the overall quality and paint apps are great compared to most of the recent 50th Ann. products.

I think this a fair breakdown of the price Scythe ($30), Chimera ($25) and 4 figures ($14 each - the price of other Hasbro 3.75 figures)
Total: $111

axonrey@gmail.com
08-06-2015, 01:52 PM
3 packs have started popping online. Nothing on shelves on the East coast still, it seems. If any other east coasters know otherwise, let me know.

a2d_amoore@yahoo.com
08-06-2015, 01:58 PM
I've checked a few store in the NY area, and nothing.

firebaseryan@comcast.net
08-06-2015, 04:22 PM
I found all 3 packs between two different Toys R Us stores this morning. So they are showing up now.

wyvern350@comcast.net
08-06-2015, 08:45 PM
My local store said they don't expect to see them until the end of August at least. They're flooded with Star Wars, Age of Ultron, and Ant-Man toys and all new Hasbro products are on hold until they deplete current stock.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-07-2015, 11:01 AM
I'd love to inform Hasbro that NO ONE is buying the Age of Ultron and Ant-Man. However, GI Joe always sells out (even if it takes a few months).

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
08-07-2015, 08:20 PM
Found the three packs except the mass device pack

timpatterson99@hotmail.com
08-07-2015, 09:20 PM
I went to TRU in PA. They have no idea when they are even getting them in. I broke down and bought shipwreck on Amazon

axonrey@gmail.com
08-08-2015, 06:26 AM
It would be dope if Hasbro would just offer retail prices pre-orders directly to the Club. I find it kind of ridiculous that in this technological age, the art of finding action figures hasn't really changed, except for the bonus of paying a 15-50% mark up online.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-08-2015, 11:37 AM
I asked at my local TRU as well and the answer I received was "I didn't know they made those anymore." I said "Dude they are TRU exclusives, how can a store not know when their own products are coming in?" He just shrugged and walked away. I don't understand why Hasbro can't set an on shelf date of say 8/15 and then ensure that every TRU has them in stock by that date. It works with Star Wars (usually) and Transformers. Every TRU in NYC always seems to have the newest Bandai Power Rangers and Playmates TMNT toys on shelf.

axonrey@gmail.com
08-08-2015, 12:17 PM
I was told that the stores weren't receiving a street date from on high, so they won't know until they arrive. Seems kind of dumb, but whatever. It does seem odd that most of the stores seem generally unaware of their existence, though.

boudro72@yahoo.com
08-13-2015, 11:16 AM
Seems like I see a lot of people being told that their TRU isnt sure what they are getting in when it comes to the Joes, all over the country.

Sounds like another screw up on distribution or is it the barcodes are the same and they have no way to tell the new stuff from the old.

I was told to not expect the items in that location, but the next day the 2 packs were out, in a weird spot, mixed in with the musical instruments, then like a week later a couple of 3 packs appeared, mixed in with the larger scale figures from NECA...all the while the staff is saying, we wont get that stuff in..

ugh....still no vehicles, even though they are appearing all over Texas

kelty11@verizon.net
08-13-2015, 12:14 PM
That's pretty bad considering that Texas is closer to the Pacific ports. As a New Yorker I sometimes feel as if I live in in the middle of arctic regarding product availability. We on the east coast have to wait for Hasbro products to be hauled mule across the country.

Also, why are the Joe products always dumped all over the store (filling open shelf space)? They should be shelved near other Hasbro toys (Star Wars, Marvel, TF). Last year many of the 50th products were shelved near Thomas the Tank Engine (wild, crossover potential there:D) and Calico Critters or whatever they are called.

axonrey@gmail.com
08-14-2015, 01:18 PM
Just saw a Desert Duel shipment at TRU in VA. Nothing else, though.

NS550@aol.com
08-14-2015, 01:27 PM
LKelty, I know what you mean, I'm in NY too and even TRU flagship times square store is usually the LAST place to see anything new, not just GI Joe but anything hasbro puts out. Typically NY gets shipments a month or two after the west coast/midwest see theirs and it's really completely ridiculous.

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
08-14-2015, 07:43 PM
stopped by my toys and they have restocked

giants5680@yahoo.com
08-14-2015, 09:53 PM
Decided to take the day off and went on a Joe hunt. Have to admit, it was pretty fun. Interesting to see and hear what may or may not be coming our way. By the way I actually walked through each and every aisle looking for these.

Let the adventure begin:

1st stop closest to my house: 6 Battle Below Zeros, 5 Desert Duals. Nothing else. I asked the clerk who I have seen quite a bit lately and he said nothing new has come in and didn't have any info on upcoming orders.

2nd stop: Was greeted by the store manager when I entered. I asked about GI Joes, he said they do not carry that product and will not be getting any delivered. Referred me to the True Heroes Line. Went on about the differences between the lines and affordability compared to Joes. Nice guy, but he just doesn't get it. And I'm off...

3rd stop: BAM! We got a winner! I finally found my first 3 packs. Actually hanging on pegs!!! 1- Duke and Cobra, 2- Bazooka sets, which are now in my possession. Sales clerk said they are getting at least a case in every delivery and can't keep them in stock.

4th and final stop: This store is set up differently than the other ones I've been. After looking around a while, on the end of the last aisle, in very back of store facing the corner. I spot a Dessert Dual on bottom shelf and right above it was a Silent Strike. Boom! Two pack Shipwreck and Cobra Com. which I already have. Making progress! A young employee asked if she could help me find anything and I explained what I have been driving around looking for all day. She grabbed a two pack and went to the back for about five minutes and came back with her boss and said they have none in back and that their DC doesn't have any in stock either. But that they have over 2300, yes 2300 on order and expect to have in the next month or so. Pretty good way to close the day. I think we will all get what we want in the next few weeks. Im going wait and see before I hit the marked up places online.

axonrey@gmail.com
08-15-2015, 12:27 PM
OK, we've got a full hit on the East Coast. I missed Gung Ho and Alpine, but had my pick of everything else. Looked like only a case each of both packs- whoever beat me there only got the Gung Ho twosy and the Alpine threesy. Happy hunting.

rcmejia@gmail.com
08-15-2015, 02:00 PM
I visited 3 stores in the south Florida area and nothing. Still waiting

Slamgod7140@hotmail.com
08-15-2015, 04:52 PM
That Gung Ho, and Alpine are going to be the b**** to find once things roll. The scalpers now know what they think will bring in the cash. I hit my local TRU 3 days in a row only to find the same 3 packs available minus only the Rock Rampage removed from the peg. It'll kind of piss me off if I have to over pay for that set. QC is already getting me down on this run. I sure hope it gets better as they come in thicker.

axonrey@gmail.com
08-15-2015, 07:17 PM
That's what burns me about it. It's one thing to get beat to the punch by another collector, but the fact that only those two were missing I think is indicative of some toy predator, and that is lame.

rcmejia@gmail.com
08-15-2015, 09:42 PM
The way I'm going to play it is. If I cannot find the hard to find sets my self I won't collect the line at all. I don't need more dukes or cobra commander in my collection. I already got burned paying $200 for crimson strike sdcc.

arock1922@yahoo.com
08-16-2015, 12:30 AM
...If I cannot find the hard to find sets my self I won't collect the line at all.

Agreed 100%!

I've been wrestling with selling off my collection for a little while now and I think depending on how this season goes, if I can't find the short packs on my own, in a store, I think it's time to give up my hobby. For all the secondary market B.S. I have to go through just to get a certain figure, it's simply not fun anymore. Exorbitant ebay prices aside, collecting a few action figures should not be this difficult.

I also agree with Slamgod about the QC this year. At the convention, Hasbro specifically said they were aware of the recent quality issues and we're working hard to correct them. Well kudos, they actually did do a pretty good job of fixing all the botched paint jobs that last year's line suffered. Unfortunately, there's now a 50% chance that the figure will come apart now out of the package. Or have the wrong part in the wrong place. My examples are 1. the Dusty from my three pack literally lost his right leg when I took him out of the package. Upon further inspection, the screw was never tightened, let alone really even engaged in the leg. Easily fixed sure, but then what am I paying for? I thought I was buying an action figure, not an action figure kit. And on top of that the knee joint is still incredibly loose. Then, 2, I pick up a Zartan and BAM, two left biceps. His right arm has almost no articulation at the elbow because that particular arm has a little flap or whatever on the backside to cover the joint. So far after two days I still can't get ahold of any one at Hasbro.

These next few months will definitely play a major role in whether or not all my hard work over the last three years was worth it, or just a waste of my time. I'm really hoping it's the prior but, I'm also hoping I can find a Gung-Ho too.

Slamgod7140@hotmail.com
08-16-2015, 07:49 AM
Yeah, I had an issue with my Dusty too! The left arm peg was wobbly and pretty much popped right out when I tried to move it. Plus, the the elbow joint loop is fused to the forearm. Not to mention a couple loose knees ( not floppy, but loose ) on other figures. And pvc flash!! I've trimmed flash off of many of my 2 pack figures because it was hindering movement somewhere. I few of those might be turning into customs. I will still continue to collect for now, but I really hope things get better. A whole lot better!!
On a lighter note, I am very much liking the vehicle sets this run. They have their problems to, but over all I like them a lot. I am also still looking very much forward to the FSS this year.

axonrey@gmail.com
08-16-2015, 09:44 AM
Why Gung Ho and Alpine are shortpacked i don't understand. And double time on that Duke set? Why? And another blowtorch? Do any of you guys want that?

kelty11@verizon.net
08-16-2015, 11:20 AM
Totally clueless. Doesn't this guy know that GI Joe is a collector brand. Imagine guiding your customers to absolute junk like True Heroes. At least Lanard's The Corps were quality alternatives to Joe in the '80's and 90's. By the way why is a TRU permitted to not stock their own exclusives? What is the point of Hasbro's deal with TRU if they can't stock them. Maybe Hasbro should make deals with Five Below as they always seem to get items that TRU was hoarding in their warehouses.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-16-2015, 11:22 AM
In my opinion the Hasbro teams overseeing Joe and Star Wars for that matter has destroyed the hobby. They have purposely guided it from being a fun endeavor to a profit driven one. Also, why don't EE and BBTS has the 3-packs.

Slamgod7140@hotmail.com
08-16-2015, 08:34 PM
In my opinion the Hasbro teams overseeing Joe and Star Wars for that matter has destroyed the hobby. They have purposely guided it from being a fun endeavor to a profit driven one. Also, why don't EE and BBTS has the 3-packs.

Holy crap! I was thinking the same thing. Why did EE get a run at the beginning of release on the two packs, but nothing on the 3 packs?

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-17-2015, 06:52 AM
I got my two packs from BBTS and, unless I can find the three-packs on the rack at TRU, I won't be buying them. This manufactured scarcity is ridiculous. Why won't TRU make them available online? I don't have time to drive around an entire area looking at TRU shelves and asking store personnel who have no idea what stock they have.

axonrey@gmail.com
08-17-2015, 09:20 AM
I still can't figure out why it benefits TRU for me to pay someone else twice market value for this stuff? Or is the idea that they'll sell em out at retail if they create an after market demand? There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to do pre orders or that TRU or Hasbro won't offer them direct to the club. TRU just seems ill equipped to handle the exclusives.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-17-2015, 10:07 AM
It is a shame as TRU used to really great with exclusives. They were the only store to fully stock their exclusives. You'd always see multiples on the shelves whereas Target and Wal-Mart ones were - miss them and never get them.

I actually email EE about the 3-packs and apparently they were not sure if they would be able to get them. EE and BBTS are gold mines for Hasbro, but they Hasbro Corporate still thinks that people want to spend hours hunting for figures.

RE:
"I still can't figure out why it benefits TRU for me to pay someone else twice market value for this stuff? Or is the idea that they'll sell em out at retail if they create an after market demand? There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to do pre orders or that TRU or Hasbro won't offer them direct to the club. TRU just seems ill equipped to handle the exclusives."

I am under the impression that the current marketing directors at Hasbro think that the scalpers should be their primary focus rather than average collectors who want one of everything to (gasp!!) open and display.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-17-2015, 12:13 PM
I don't understand how $calping is even profitable for the $calpers these days. If you look at the prices on eBay for the 3-packs, they are INSANELY past the initial profit point. No one seems to be ponying up to pay $50 or more for three small, plastic action figures that retail for about $15, either.

Say you're a $capler. You find some at TRU and shell out $45 + tax for three of the packs and turn around and put them on the Bay. You accept payPAL as that's the preferred payment method for 90% of people on the Bay. So, you charge $50 for one three-pack and charge $8 to ship the final product because you have small enough USPS boxes to safely pack the item. Right off the bat you're losing $5 to $7 (depending on final price) for payPAL's fee. Even before you ship it. That money never gets into your bank account. You're now down to $45 or $43 dollars. If your buyer doesn't live far away you can count on only the $8 you calculated into the shipment going toward shipping. If they live in California and you live in, say, Boston? You thought wrong and that zip code will cost you another $2 or $3. You're now down to $40 for your all-in profit. Guess what? TIME FOR THE BAY TO CHARGE YOU A FINAL VALUE FEE! 5 to 7 more bucks down the drain. $33 is now your all-in profit. That means you've only a little more than doubled your money for all the time you spent scouring the shelves at TRU and buying out real collectors. If you bought even half-a-tank of gas at the prevailing rate of $2.70 a gallon during your search there's another $15 down the gashole. You now have made exactly $3 for all your time and energy.

Congrats, Mr. Scalper. Why Hasbro or ANYONE in it would encourage this practice is beyond me.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-17-2015, 12:46 PM
It's true that if you sold three or more your profit would go up based on the same amount of driving, but it's still not a great deal for the $calper. You're looking at $3 for profit for the first three-pack sold, and not many are moving on the bay right now, and $15-$18 profit on the other two or more.

arock1922@yahoo.com
08-17-2015, 01:26 PM
Awesome points on the scalping aspect. I also think the reason they are not selling on the secondary market is because most of the "Die hard" Joe collectors who know what they're doing understand that this is literally the first wave to hit the stores. Last year was the same situation with the only exception being that we didn't have a "go live" date from Hasbro (1st week in August). As much as it frustrates me that Toys R Us seems to have literally no clue about a product that only they carry, I also remember last year how things bled out slowly and then wham, fully stocked shelves.

My personal belief is that hasbro hasn't shipped their full production run of 2015 product. Probably only about 5-8% has shipped if I had to take a guess. My best bet would be that come mid September, a lot of these harder to find items will be more readily available on pegs or shelves. I know two of the Toys R Us in my area have taken down shelving units to once again redo their store layout (which lately seems to happen 3-8 times a year). That being said, most of their stuff is not what you would call well stocked right now.

What ***** is we have all wanted some of these figures for a long time. Gung Ho and Alpine have been coveted by Joe fans for a long, long time. Now that they are out, it's so hard to wait for it, and knowing they're short packed makes it even worse. Still, I do believe that some time soon TRU will be putting 10-12 cases of these figures out at a time and they will be more accessible.

One last thing to consider though, if all of these are still picked up by scalpers, then ebay will be so flooded that the prices will have to come down and things will even out.

Just my two cents, I'll get off my soap box now.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-17-2015, 02:39 PM
Crimson strike set is available at Hasbrotoyshop.com again for those of you that didn't get one. http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/gi-joe-crimson-strike-pack?BR=520&ID=35195

axonrey@gmail.com
08-17-2015, 02:47 PM
It seems like most stores, even high volume and show stores, are only receiving one case to start, which is likely for cutting in new items for the fall reset. Once the resets are done, the product will be shipped out in higher volumes, most likely. As has been said, it was similar last year.

What we have to do is avoid making it worth the scalpers time, and not buy their stuff. The fact that we are I think is more indicative of our mistrust of Hasbro and TRU to bring this stuff to us, but I, for one, am not paying $400 for the FSS AND overpriced retail products. The fact that I can get retail product at about $7 a figure is kind of what balances the scales for me, so I simply refuse to pay after market prices, especially this early in the game.

By the by, I re-checked the stores around here on the off chance that something shook loose over the weekend, and they're already cleaned out.

giants5680@yahoo.com
08-17-2015, 10:19 PM
The TRU by the house actually had 3-packs for the first time, on pegs, properly labeled!!!!! Of course Gung-Ho, Alpine and Croc-Master are still eluding me.

axonrey@gmail.com
08-18-2015, 11:40 AM
Just a few QC notes- Zartan and Torpedo had crooked face paint apps, Dusty's hips were a little loose, but not as bad as some others have reported. I'll probably double up his ball washers at some point. Otherwise, pretty solid. I don't understand the negativity around the Spirit figure, as well. Seems fine to me.

axonrey@gmail.com
08-19-2015, 02:56 PM
Picked up Gung Ho and Alpine today, so I'm done, all at retail. Also broke down and got Croc Master even though i want that Blowtorch figure to go away forever.

Slamgod7140@hotmail.com
08-19-2015, 05:19 PM
I'm thinking the Crocmaster/Blowtorch combo was a purposeful marketing ploy. The Crocmaster is the only Python Patrol version done, and Blowtorch really didn't belong in any other set offered. I mean how would anyone see that rivalry? I hope they are done with that figure for a loooooooooooonnnggg time, at LEAST!

axonrey@gmail.com
08-19-2015, 06:21 PM
I hate that blowtorch and the repaint is terrible, but I'm a sucker for black and red apps. I also would have liked a different cobra troop builder with that steel brigade, but overall it's a solid wave.

arock1922@yahoo.com
08-19-2015, 07:16 PM
I hope they are done with that figure for a loooooooooooonnnggg time, at LEAST!

I think you meant forever. :cool:

science_mrk@yahoo.com
08-19-2015, 08:56 PM
Went to the Toys R Us today on a whim while running errands. Came out spending $165.00. Bought both new vehicle sets and was able to pick up two different three packs. No new two packs available as they still have a bunch of the Baroness/Lady Jaye sets. Am really surprised they had anything but I'm happy since this is NEW JERSEY.

Slamgod7140@hotmail.com
08-19-2015, 09:53 PM
I think you meant forever. :cool:

Mayyyyyybe.....��

kelty11@verizon.net
08-20-2015, 12:42 PM
I just noticed that TRU has all the 2-packs and 3-packs up for pre-order online again. However, they are sold out as there don't seem to be any purchase limits. I just put 50 spirit/SS packs in my cart. Can't TRU limit customers to two.

08-20-2015, 09:12 PM
I went to my TRU in PA and they had one desert duel set on random shelf. The employee says they have been "picked clean". Last week, they said delivery was August 30th and meanwhile they have been in stock.

axonrey@gmail.com
08-21-2015, 05:56 AM
I was told by an employee "who ran that department" that they wouldn't be getting in any GI Joe stuff this year on Monday, and Wednesday the shelves were stocked. Luckily, I knew she didn't know what she was talking about, but it's also sad that I should know more than an actual employee charged with maintaining the action figure section.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-21-2015, 12:17 PM
I remember when many TRU employees in action figure department were also fans. They would know specific items would be available. I I don't mean to offend, but now TRU employees (and Target and Wal Mart) know anything. This is kind of off topic but Home Depot employees are aware of almost anything they sell. Talk to a guy in the bath/kitchen fixtures dept. and he will 99% of the products they sell and when more will arrive if it is sold out.

jenaeakle@msn.com
08-21-2015, 03:28 PM
Found a variety of two- and three-packs as well as the Desert Duel at my Northern Virginia TRU. Unfortunately, they were seeded on separate aisles among the Avengers and Transformers products with no supporting signage. Keep in mind, this is a store that has 20 feet of 'action figures' like Snake Plisken and Daniel Russo. While I hope an actual display will follow, reading this thread suggests that TRU is going to treat the brand like it's clearance stock from the start. If you're Hasbro, how are you not also negotiating better product placement for an 'exclusive'? I'm pretty sure Disney/Marvel makes sure the product placement for their goods is defined in advance to ensure maximum sales and customer satisfaction. I'm genuinely curious whether Hasbro has any confidence in this brand as something other than a niche collector's market item.

greenlanternpiper@yahoo.com
08-21-2015, 04:14 PM
There is a collector action figure section that has a lot of the speciality action figures like ReAction figures, and other lines. That is where the G.I.Joes are supposed to go. Some things to keep in mind:
1. TRU employees never know what is one their shipments until the shipment arrives at the store
2. The entire toy section is in the middle of being reset for fall. As new product comes in, it may not be tied to an aisle because the planogram is not set and so employees may not know where to stock it properly.
3. Most employees don't keep up with what new figures are coming out, but they also don't keep up with what new Legos or Monster High dolls are coming out either.
4. As I'm sure Hasbro made pretty clear at the convention, there will not be a section of an aisle dedicated to G.I. Joe until the next movie comes out.

I'm not trying to be adversarial. It is unfortunate that TRU doesn't make a bigger deal about G.I. Joe, but Hasbro is not necessarily pulling out all the stops either. I think if there were more product, like say from a movie, there would be a bigger deal made about it.

And please don't be ticked a TRU employees. I've found most to be helpful and knowledgeable enough to at least help in the ways that they can.

mmullin2@chw.edu
08-21-2015, 05:15 PM
Just got home from TRU and found 3 of the 3packs I was missing, plus they had all the 2packs except Gung Ho. All the G.I. Joe stuff was on an end cap. Plus they lots of Silent strikes and desert duels. I got the Alpine 3pack, Zartan 3 pack And Firefly 3 pack. I found the Duke 3pack a couple of weeks ago. This was in Phoenix, Az.

jenaeakle@msn.com
08-21-2015, 07:49 PM
You make some excellent points, in particular I agree that TRU employees are unfailingly polite. But I must call shenanigans on #2. I've got three kids and spend plenty of time/money in TRU, and this is the first time I've noticed a single brand spread out across multiple aisles based on wherever there happened to be space when the box was opened. I would suggest the problem lies primarily with Hasbro. You don't need a movie tie-in to coordinate logistics to ensure that your product line hits shelves at the same time and with sufficient #s to be readily available. You may not get dedicated signage or endcap space with a niche collector's item, but you should at least have coordinated with your dealer to ensure that your products will not be placed where and as space becomes available. I claim no special knowledge of the industry and I'm glad the brand is alive at all, but I'd prefer if it were still as accessible to my kids as it was to me in the 1980's.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-22-2015, 10:06 AM
I think that TRU and Hasbro should attempt to place the GI JOE figures near their enormous transformers section. There is no new TF movie coming but they still received dedicated shelf space.

rcmejia@gmail.com
08-22-2015, 04:29 PM
I found 2 three packs no alpine yet

kelty11@verizon.net
08-23-2015, 11:33 AM
Spotted in the Wild! Times Sq.,NY - 4 Gung-Ho packs. Picked up the Hit & Run and Bazooka packs ($22.99 but the cashier wouldn't budge when I told her these were 19.99 online). No Alpine ARRGH!!

Do you know that Joe fans received 2 Bazooka figures, 3 Alpine and 2 Hit & Run figures this year between FSS, Joe Con and TRU? Cool but weird.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-23-2015, 12:34 PM
Got the bazooka, firefly and dusty three pack today at my local TRU. SAME SITUATION with the 22.99 price. Fine. The other thing was NONE were out on the shelves. They had FOE Striker vs. Basilisk packs on the shelves, though, so I asked a manager if they had the three packs. She pulled one from the back for me - after checking that there wasn't an on sale date - and told me they only had the bazooka, firefly, dusty one. I still, for the life of me, can't figure out why they wouldn't be on shelves.

rcmejia@gmail.com
08-23-2015, 07:28 PM
I want to share with you guys that if you have a TRU CREDIT CARD. You get an additional 10% discount on Thursdays and Saturdays .

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-24-2015, 10:41 PM
" TRU employees are unfailingly polite." After my experience this weekend I have to push back on this. Sunday I went to my local TRU and asked at customer service if they had the three packs. After being ignored at the price scanner in the action figure section (the equivalent of what used to be aisle 7C) I went to the front and asked about them as they had the HISS/Skystriker combo on shelves.

The manager went back and brought out the dusty, firefly, bazooka three pack. I was not allowed to touch it or examine the product until it had been scanned in the front of the store. Once they had confirmed that the product was, indeed, available for sale I asked if they had anymore. The woman would not answer me. At all. I asked again. She said there were only three back there and they were all Dusty, Firefly, Bazooka. I asked if I could see them and she said no.

I asked why they weren't on shelves. She said it was for security. The entire conversation made it seem, to me, like the product was being held in the back of the store for someone else and the only reason I was being given just this ONE set was because I had the nerve to ask and I was being placated and I should be happy to get just one.

I went back the next day, noticed the three packs were still not on shelves, and asked, again, if I could get one from the back. Same manager was there and said, loudly, to the stock boy I was talking to, that "you have to bring it to the front if there are any back there. He was here yesterday."

I talked to the manager and said that I would like to purchase all three sets if any more are there and that's why I came back. She, again, said that they would have to scan the product for an on sale date and then "decide" if they wanted to sell it to me. At this point I was kind of annoyed at having to jump through all of these hoops just to buy action figures but I DID want the product so I waited. And waited. And waited. The stock boy never came back. I went back to customer service and, again, asked what happened. She said they didn't have any.

Why can't you just tell the customer that? Why leave him waiting?

Maybe I just have a crappy local TRU, but I DO NOT TRUST the people that work there. I feel they are in league with scalpers and that's why these products never make it to store shelves.

arock1922@yahoo.com
08-25-2015, 06:33 AM
I know for a fact there are scalpers in my area (just southwest of Chicago) that give TRU employees $20 or $30 bucks to be notified when certain items come into the store and another $20 or $30 if the employee will hold it for them.

Even I would have to admit, if I was making minimum wage and some one offered me $50-$60 just to keep something off the shelf until he could come and get it, that would be hard to pass up. I'm not saying it's right, but GI Joe aside, in this economy people will do whatever they have to, to get by.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-25-2015, 09:27 AM
I know for a fact there are scalpers in my area (just southwest of Chicago) that give TRU employees $20 or $30 bucks to be notified when certain items come into the store and another $20 or $30 if the employee will hold it for them.

Even I would have to admit, if I was making minimum wage and some one offered me $50-$60 just to keep something off the shelf until he could come and get it, that would be hard to pass up. I'm not saying it's right, but GI Joe aside, in this economy people will do whatever they have to, to get by.

This is something that the corporate/ regional management end would be extremely unhappy about. Employees essentially running a "black market" business out of stock room or the back of the truck is not kosher on so many levels.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-25-2015, 09:48 AM
This is something that the corporate/ regional management end would be extremely unhappy about. Employees essentially running a "black market" business out of stock room or the back of the truck is not kosher on so many levels.

I live in Chicago, too. The store I was talking about is the one on Western and Roscoe. I am going to try other TRUs in the area, but I have to say that this experience has soured me on both the store and the brand. Does anyone know of a hotline or corporate number that I can report my experience to TRU corporate?

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-25-2015, 11:53 AM
Used TRU's chat function to file a complaint. We'll see if it goes anywhere.

arock1922@yahoo.com
08-25-2015, 11:58 AM

I've basically heard from the horses mouth too. I used to know a guy who told me he did it when he worked there. Proving it to corporate would be difficult as the guy no longer works there and, would he rat himself out anyway.

Trying to get corporate to do something about it though, I could see shopping at TRU like trying to get razors at the pharmacy. Everything's locked in a glass case and security will tase you if you look at the case funny.

arock1922@yahoo.com
08-25-2015, 12:02 PM
The store I know of is in Joliet. The three I hit are Joliet, Downers Grove and Aurora. All 3 seem to run on par with each other such as when items arrive, amount of items, etc. The frustrating thing is there's a TRU distribution center literally less than two blocks away from the Joliet store, but that DC doesn't stock ANY of the the stores I check regularly. Pretty a$$ backwards if you ask me.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-25-2015, 12:30 PM
I normally check the one on Western and Roscoe and the one in DG. They, too, seem to have the same stuff on the same schedule. If they don't do anything, there's not much more I can do but at least I tried. It's frustrating as heck to know the stores have these things and they're hiding them for someone or something.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-26-2015, 08:35 AM
Used TRU's chat function to file a complaint. We'll see if it goes anywhere.

To me the primary issue is that the manager wouldn't even let someone hold the toy. That is preposterous. That TRU has delusions of grandeur - it is not a Movado or Breguet store afterall. Why tell the customer there are items in the back if they are secretly hoarding them for a scalper. Just tell the customer the store currently does have any in stock. I personally would not believe that response, but a customer can choose to take it at face value. If these don't show up en masse soon I am going to email TRU customer service and include a screen shot of the psychotic $80 listings for the Alpine set on ebay.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-26-2015, 11:34 AM
I know! If there are only three back there why not let me pick from the three that are there?

kelty11@verizon.net
08-26-2015, 12:42 PM
Here is a similar situation from several years ago that occurred at Target. This was when the 12" WWII Liberators figures were just hitting shelves. I brought all four up to the register and the cashier rudely explained that she could not sell these to me because they had been discontinued. I explained that was impossible as these items had just been released several weeks prior. She looked at me in utter annoyance and called the manager to the register as if a crime was being committed. He was equally clueless and I was again told that these were not for sale as they were discontinued items. I then asked what becomes of discontinued items that are left on the shelf. He hurriedly explained that they are sent back to the distributor. He was totally unfazed by the fact that I was willing to purchase them and therefore give Target my money. After "haggling" for a few minutes (I felt like I was in a souk in Morocco or like Capt. Kirk talking a computer into self destruction) he offered to code them in as Red Tag Items. I purchased those figures for $4.37 each.

mmullin2@chw.edu
08-26-2015, 04:28 PM
I had something like happen to me at a Walmart years ago too. It was with the Marvel Legends Galactus line. I had found a Night Crawler figure for my sons, so we took it to the register to pay and was told by the cashier we couldn't buy it for it was being recalled. So I asked why there was 4 on the self, if they were recalled. She called the manager from the toy department over, and he said Walmart couldn't sell demonic toys and took the figure and walked away with it. Went to a different Walmart that day and bought it with no problems. Strange?

jenaeakle@msn.com
08-27-2015, 03:50 AM
That's some sketchy and hostile behavior, there. I've not seen anything like that at all in my local store (northern Virginia).

axonrey@gmail.com
08-27-2015, 05:15 AM
The only thing like that I've ever heard around RVA is a buddy of mine who tried to buy the Walter white figure that came with meth and TRU had just pulled them and wouldn't sell them. He did say the employee thought it was stupid, too, but he wasn't allowed to sell them

viceroyhaako@hotmail.com
08-27-2015, 07:32 AM
I don't know if this has been covered yet (I haven't read all 18 pages), but does anybody know if the SDCC exclusive set is the same as the mass release TRU set? I'm referring to the set with the AWE Striker and blue Snow Cat with Chuckles and the Horseman. I know the obvious difference is the lack of the 2 figures (Night Fox and the Cobra Air guy), but are the vehicles and 2 figures the same?

Also, are the 2 pack figures and 3 pack figures the same as previous releases? This time I'm referring to the IG/Steel Brigade 2 pack and the 3 packs with Jet Pack Duke, CC with Claw and Parachute Cobra Trooper (and the one with Alpine).

rcmejia@gmail.com
08-27-2015, 08:14 AM
I think the that the vehicles are the same. Besides the art on everything Is the same on the dessert duel.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-27-2015, 09:10 AM
The vehicles are the same. The only difference between the two is the inclusion of Nightfox and the Air Viper.

arock1922@yahoo.com
08-27-2015, 09:44 AM
Any figure in this set that has been previously released "as is" is exactly the same with the exception of the 50th gold star.

"As is" figures are the direct clones of previous releases such as Alpine, Rock Viper, etc. And come with the same accessories. Zartan is retooled so I don't consider him an "as is" figure.

Items of note:
The Iron Grenadier figure is the Pursuit of Cobra version, not the 30th Anniversary version.

The Steel Brigade is the initial release of the figure with the dark blue armpits and green knees being the most obvious differences.

Hit & Run is identical to the FSS 3 figure's build except he's grey, not green and he comes with different accessories. The backpack and rifle are from the Attack on Cobra Island set and the pistols and helmet/goggles are from the FSS version.

viceroyhaako@hotmail.com
08-27-2015, 11:33 AM
OK, so in short, the Alpine/Shock Viper/Rock Viper set, the Duke, CC, Parachute Trooper sets are identical to the previous releases? And the Vehicle set is identical to the SDCC set (minus the 2 figures and box art)? If that's the case, I'll save about $110 by not buying them! I may spring for the Steel Brigade/IG set just for kicks and giggles. Also, if I've got extra money lying around (yeah, right!), I may spring and spend the $110 anyway...I like the Rock Viper (even though I wish they'd done a head based on the 90 version). Just want to make sure, so if I don't buy them when I see them I won't miss out on a (in Comic Book Guy's voice) variation! And I must have all variations!

arock1922@yahoo.com
08-27-2015, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I'm the same way with Alpine/Rock/Shock set myself. I already have all three so I don't NEED it.

Unless you would consider the 50th logo, gold italicized star a variation, those figures are would not be considered variants.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-27-2015, 01:35 PM
I just don't understand why they are a TRU exclusive if some TRU stores aren't even obligated to carry them and others are clearly leaving them in the stock room for scalpers. Why not go through BBTS or EE and let people order online? Isn't the whole POINT of a TRU exclusive being that it's, you know, on shelves at TRU?

viceroyhaako@hotmail.com
08-27-2015, 02:57 PM
I've been to 2 TRU's this week in 2 different states (Ga and TN), the one in Ga had 2 empty pegs with the 2 pack labels, and both vehicle sets, with 2 3 packs (one with the Hit N Run, Torpedo and Zartan, the other with jet pack Duke, CC with CLAW and Cobra paratrooper), and that's it. The one I visited in TN yesterday had both vehicle sets and that's it (and still had the Wolf/Sky Hawk set, and it wasn't on clearance). I ended up with the Hit and Run 3 pack and the Sky Striker/HISS 2 pack (because the other 2 sets I saw were probably the same as their predecessors). I've yet to find any 2 packs or the other 2 3 packs. We should set up some kind of thing where people put their wants up and other club members can send them their missing figures at cost plus shipping. I know there's a for sale forum, but maybe we should have a thread? Heck, I'll start it!

giants5680@yahoo.com
08-27-2015, 11:23 PM
TRU has the Swamp Steam Pack available on the site. It also has a limit of one per customer! Get em while they're hot!

kelty11@verizon.net
08-28-2015, 09:15 AM
I agree. I can't, for the life of me understand why either BBTS and/EE weren't permitted to carry the 3-packs this year. Just plain stupid. EE and BBTS don't hold product for scalpers and they usually have plenty on order. How can TRU be sold out of the 2-packs when BBTS, EE and even Cotswold Collectibles (HUH!) have them in stock.

I hope TRU floods its stores with these by Black Friday or Christmas so that the ebay values collapse.

Slamgod7140@hotmail.com
08-28-2015, 06:27 PM
Found my Rock Rampage today. My patience payed off, but they still only dropped a case apiece of the 2 and 3 packs on the shelves. And they finally have a specific spot in the collectors shelf space. Still don't understand the distribution issues, but luckily enough I only have one set left ( Duke, CC, C Trooper) and I'm not in a particular hurry to acquire it. I got a feeling that may be easy enough to get later anyway.
Buuuuut..... Now that I think of it, it has the last piece of the mass device in it.....��

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-28-2015, 08:39 PM
Got mine, too. The MASS device 3-pack was on TRU.com earlier today.

mmullin2@chw.edu
08-29-2015, 03:04 AM
went to TRU by my house yesterday. They had s swamp fire 2 pack and 2 spirit 2packs and 1 steel brigade 2 pack. They also had about 6 of the SDCC desert duels on the shelf, along with 4 of the mass market desert duel, and about 3 mass market silent strikes.

Slamgod7140@hotmail.com
08-29-2015, 08:14 AM
How much were they asking for the SDCC Desert Duel? Just curious.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-29-2015, 09:02 AM
Desert Duel is 49.99. Crimson Strike is $64.99.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-29-2015, 10:53 AM
Does this mean that Hasbro could re-issue figure such as the PP figures from '11 or Darklon and the Annihilators from 2012?

giants5680@yahoo.com
08-29-2015, 11:31 AM
I ordered my Desert Duel from the TRU website when they first came out, and they sent me the SDCC version. Kind of surprised.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
08-29-2015, 01:27 PM
Does this mean that Hasbro could re-issue figure such as the PP figures from '11 or Darklon and the Annihilators from 2012?

Hasbro could make those figures, after all Hasbro owns the character names, designs, and parts molds for those figures (except maybe Darklon's head), but I doubt they would. The Club needs Hasbro approval for everything they make, and when Hasbro says ok to the Club, they are probably saying "we will never make that figure so you can go ahead." So far they have never done a retail release of anything else the Club has done first or used parts that were truly original to a Club figure.
Don't forget the FSS and Night Force Hit N Run was basically Hasbro's design from the concept case, so the Club used Hasbro's figure not the other way around.

rcmejia@gmail.com
08-29-2015, 01:40 PM
I found the alpine 3 pack. But I was disappointed because the TRU worker was kind enough to search in her back room if they had 2 packs and she found a fresh case never opened and I thought for sure I was going to get the GUNG HO set but it was filled with everything but the GUNG HO 2 pack.

mmullin2@chw.edu
08-29-2015, 03:58 PM
I have heard that too, that newer cases of the 2 packs are missing the Gung-Ho 2 pack, hope that its just a minor fluke and not the real deal. That would make the scalpers to start raising their prices even higher on this great set. I got the 2 pack when I ordered the case from EE about 3 weeks ago.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-30-2015, 11:01 AM
Hasbro could make those figures, after all Hasbro owns the character names, designs, and parts molds for those figures (except maybe Darklon's head), but I doubt they would. The Club needs Hasbro approval for everything they make, and when Hasbro says ok to the Club, they are probably saying "we will never make that figure so you can go ahead." So far they have never done a retail release of anything else the Club has done first or used parts that were truly original to a Club figure.
Don't forget the FSS and Night Force Hit N Run was basically Hasbro's design from the concept case, so the Club used Hasbro's figure not the other way around.

NO!!!! One can hope. :(

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
08-30-2015, 03:50 PM
Hey I don't work for the Club or Hasbro so this could be just rumor or speculation, but it does line up with everything I have seen or heard so far.
I don't think it would be good for the future of the GI Joe Club or Convention if that kind of product started getting re-released at retail stores. I can only think of one time (Oktober Guard set) that the Club did a second run of the same figures.

giants5680@yahoo.com
08-31-2015, 11:31 AM
FYI, Everything except Rock Rampage and Gung-Ho is available on the TRU website. Which is what everyone wants, but hey we're getting there.

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
08-31-2015, 12:42 PM
grrrrrrrrrr about all I'm after right now is Rock Rampage

ejb25cornell@yahoo.com
08-31-2015, 01:47 PM
There are a few differences on the Troop Build-Up Set. So far, I've noticed the camo colors on the IG are different than the POC version, and the foot holes on SB are in a different place than the original.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-31-2015, 02:36 PM
TRU is a complete mess. Again why would Hasbro trust them with this. EE and/BBTS + the Joe Club is the only way to go. No one in their right mind wants to hunt down figures in multiple stores. I prefer to surf to BBTS + Add to cart + Pay + boom- it arrives without any worries.

These must be sitting in warehouse awaiting the fall re-set. Have you noticed that there are hardly any 3-packs on ebay.

mmullin2@chw.edu
08-31-2015, 05:51 PM
The problem is all the stores are getting for the big "Force Friday" sale and they aren't worried about anything else right now. So G.I. Joe and everything else is pushed aside for the big Star Wars Weekend. Kinda nice to see where G.I. Joe collectors stand with TRU.

kelty11@verizon.net
09-01-2015, 12:33 PM
Force Friday will be another fiasco as TRU can't organize product debuts anymore. The spotlight sections are usually a mess and nothing new is added after the initial surge of kids, parents and collectors. For a contrast please recall the 1999, 2002, 2005, and 2008 SW events and the 2009 GI JOE movie sections. The joe section in 2009 was replenished every 3 days in my local TRU (Too bad I passed on many of those now overpriced filgures - $50 for the Pit Commando; Marshall's dozens on clearance in 2011).

rew97@live.com
09-01-2015, 06:09 PM
I ordered Rock Rampage from Tru's website this morning, only to find my order had been cancelled due to lack of stock when I got home in the afternoon. Now it would seem I am out of luck for the time being, unless I should happen to find one in stores which is unlikely.

wyvern350@comcast.net
09-01-2015, 10:13 PM
Does anyone have a real explanation why Dusty, a desert warfare specialist, is blue?

rew97@live.com
09-02-2015, 03:34 AM
Maybe Hasbro is starting a new not yet named sub team. Best explanation I can think of.

arock1922@yahoo.com
09-02-2015, 08:33 AM
Does anyone have a real explanation why Dusty, a desert warfare specialist, is blue?

I heard at Joe Con this year that the designer of this year's 50th+1 figures made Dusty and Bazooka blue to be sort of an "urban" camo. It was kind of a passing statement during the Hasbro reveal. You can probably find a video of the Hasbro reveals at this year's JoeCon on YouTube. I believe Mark Weber was the one who made the comment. Not sure if be was joking or not.

Personally I have considered it, not "Night Force", but more of a "Dawn Patrol" (head nod to Megadeth).

axonrey@gmail.com
09-02-2015, 09:19 AM
I don't know when or how it happened, but blue camo has become the "urban assault" color. It's popped up in other places. I think they started with the re-decoed Alley Viper from the GI Joe vs Cobra relaunch back in 2002 or whenever that was.

kelty11@verizon.net
09-02-2015, 09:56 AM
Blue urban camo is cool but Dusty and Bazooka are just too blue. Dusty would have looked way better in his traditional 1985 colors or even TF colors which would have been a great complement to this year's Convention set. Bazooka would have looked cool in desert colors as well - ACU or Multicam would have looked great.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
09-02-2015, 12:25 PM
I think all of this started with the introduction of the Shockwave character (now Shockblast or some other stupid variant). He was a SWAT specialist who wore all blue. It just steamrolled from there.

jenaeakle@msn.com
09-02-2015, 05:36 PM

GI Joe has the same lousy procurement specialists who brought the Army the ACUs.

jenaeakle@msn.com
09-02-2015, 05:37 PM
Blue urban camo is cool but Dusty and Bazooka are just too blue. Dusty would have looked way better in his traditional 1985 colors or even TF colors which would have been a great complement to this year's Convention set. Bazooka would have looked cool in desert colors as well - ACU or Multicam would have looked great.

ACU? Really?

axonrey@gmail.com
09-04-2015, 11:58 AM
SO, I hid a Gung Ho two pack at the TRU in Lynchburg, VA. I don't need it, but didn't want to leave it for scalpers. If you can get to it and want it, it's in the WWE section at the end of the isle, above which is a marquee for How To Train Your Dragon, and the pack is behind that marquee.

It looked like they had all the other two packs, as well. Didn't see any three packs, but wasn't really looking either.

mmullin2@chw.edu
09-04-2015, 03:55 PM
AxonRey,
Good Job my man! Death to the Scalpers!!!! I had to laugh, I stopped on my way to work this morning at Walmart to see what they had for the Force Friday. 2 toy associates were laughing on how they took all the good SW figures and left the crap on the shelf for customers. Same thing after work, went by TRU and TRU associates where laughing about it too, how they got all the good SW figures and they get all the best G.I. Joe packs too. No wonder there none of the stuff you want on the shelves.

Slamgod7140@hotmail.com
09-04-2015, 08:41 PM
Some of these places the management is in on it too. Pretty sad. One day of these days it'll be like the Cabbage Patch Kid massacre all over again...... Only warranted. Lol!

kelty11@verizon.net
09-05-2015, 11:14 AM
AxonRey,
Good Job my man! Death to the Scalpers!!!! I had to laugh, I stopped on my way to work this morning at Walmart to see what they had for the Force Friday. 2 toy associates were laughing on how they took all the good SW figures and left the crap on the shelf for customers. Same thing after work, went by TRU and TRU associates where laughing about it too, how they got all the good SW figures and they get all the best G.I. Joe packs too. No wonder there none of the stuff you want on the shelves.

This is why I am super angry that the 3-packs were not offered through an online vendor as well. As for that other franchise that has nothing to do with GI JOE - I didn't bother with the stores. I ordered or pre-ordered everything I wanted on EE and BBTS. End of Story. It's not 1999 anymore.

kelty11@verizon.net
09-06-2015, 11:25 AM
I was in the TRU in Times Square, NYC yesterday and I actually found the Alpine Pack. There were three on shelf (i.e. hidden behind the True Heroes junk) by employees or customers. Just to spite these scalpers I placed the other 2 on a prominent shelf next to the 60's Batmobile.

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
09-06-2015, 02:08 PM
TRU is horrible. The other day I asked about them getting in more of the new Joes and I was told they are not expecting more until Christmas. The store manager said this to me. Today, I said what the heck, let me check it out. I get there and what do I see? A full case of 2 packs. I grabbed the Marine Devistation and both Troop Build sets. You can never go by what they say.

rcmejia@gmail.com
09-06-2015, 05:17 PM
Guys I have found the 3 pack but getting tired of hunting for GUNG ho.

arock1922@yahoo.com
09-07-2015, 12:10 PM
Not to defend Hasbro's current situation but I'd give him a little more time. Everything that was set to happen this year was put in motion before he took over the brand. Consumers won't see Mark Weber's changes until next year at the earliest. Production runs & release dates were set by the same management team at Hasbro that ran last year's releases. He had very little input into the 2015 product.

I know this because I actually talked to him for about 10 minutes 1 on 1 at JoeCon this year up on the convention floor. Like I said, not to defend Hasbro, but if next year is like this year, then I'll know it doesn't matter who's running the brand, Hasbro is only catering to collectors.

kelty11@verizon.net
09-08-2015, 01:19 PM
I didn't know that. Great news (hopefully).

krob73@yahoo.com
10-19-2015, 07:27 AM
I just heard that an in package Gung-Ho had his tattoo ran from his adam's apple to his belt. I knew it was bigger, but that big?? has anyone seen this? Is it a production error, or is that how the final product came out?

rew97@live.com
10-19-2015, 11:05 AM
Sadly thats how it came out in the final product. Other than the salt and pepper mustache it's the only real flaw on an otherwise perfect figure.

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
10-19-2015, 04:15 PM
And the rocker ankles are unnecessary on Gung Ho. It makes him look pegion toed.

the_doc@suddenlink.net
10-23-2015, 04:11 PM
The figures have been unimpressive, but I've found the vehicles to be quite exemplary.

Had to have the store order the vehicle sets online and ship to my house because they weren't showing up. Funny thing is I ordered on Force Friday and they arrived the following Wednesday.

This is probably the last time they should re-use the Snowcat and Skystriker molds for a few years at least

markkurowski@hotmail.com
11-05-2015, 11:04 AM
We finally got the new three packs in our TRU here in Hawaii. All are pretty cool, I don't really care for the blue Dusty or Bazooka. I would have preferred to have had a normal desert Dusty, and then make Bazooka a desert version. I would have them displayed with Chuckles and Night Fox in the desert duel set. The blue camo just doesn't seem to fit, even though one can argue it's a night-time camo. Kind of looks like the Navy fatigues, but it seams odd to display these two as part of the danger at the docks set. Just me, but I like to display my joes in teams or environments that make sense. (Arctic, desert, water, urban)...still perfecting my GI Joe shed where I have everything set up. Once I think it's ready I'll be sure to post some pics.

11-14-2015, 09:03 PM
I finally found the gung ho 2 pack in TRU
Yea I did...

jimsnow70@aol.com
11-15-2015, 10:05 PM
Lucked out and actually found a Marine Devastation pack today at TRU. Woohoo!

boostergold5@gmail.com
06-03-2016, 08:27 AM

Its the movie deco. They all had blue urban camo in the film and this camo matches all those other figures.