PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro 2014 SDCC Exclusive: G.I. Joe Danger At The Docks Set!

Commander_Lane
07-07-2014, 10:25 AM

First release will be at the Comic-Con International: San Diego, Ca. --- July 24-27, 2014!

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
07-07-2014, 12:12 PM
I heard something about this involving Toys 'R' Us.

Now I see it as a Comic-Con run.

I'm a little confused.

Please send help.:)

kelty11@verizon.net
07-07-2014, 12:39 PM
I am pretty sure that it will be available at Toys R Us or toysrus.com after the convention. We'll see how well that works out.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-07-2014, 01:34 PM
Both versions are suppose to be available at TRU

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11433485&camp=MISC%3AVanity%3APressRelease%3ATRU%3Acomiccom 2011%3A70111

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
07-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Awesome set. Hope they don't make these too limited or hard to get.

harriganclan@yahoo.com
07-07-2014, 07:36 PM
So there are 2 coming out? the BBTS/TRU one has the digi camo and blue boat. I prefer this color scheme. Hopefully everyone who wants one can get one. i know Hasbro SDCC exclusives are impossible to buy on their site. And TRU has a loyal group of scalpers who buy everything . "even held stuff for customers and employees" so good luck getting one. I'll try. :P

kelty11@verizon.net
07-08-2014, 08:11 AM
I hope Toys R Us floods its stores with this. I like the BBTS version, but I do want a classic color Flint and VAMP. I wish every store in creation would stop catering exclusively to scalpers. No one should be permitted to purchase 15 to 20 of a single item so they can re-sell it as quickly as possible. Every hobby is now the realm of scalpers who just want to flip their items.

kelty11@verizon.net
07-09-2014, 10:29 AM
I wish the club would be allowed to carry all the 50th items, especially the SDCC VAMP.

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
07-09-2014, 05:04 PM
I wish the club would be allowed to carry all the 50th items, especially the SDCC VAMP. That would be awesome!

boostergold5@gmail.com
07-14-2014, 05:16 AM
Cant wait to go up to the Hasbro booth and be told these are sold out at 9am, when they have a display model and a big pile of them behind the table and all the sketchy dealers at the con have 5 of them for 3x mark-up. Just like every year.. :/

funpubincadmin
07-15-2014, 10:46 AM
Reminder to stay On Topic, this thread is for discussion of the "Danger at the Docks" set.

julestobin@gmail.com
07-15-2014, 05:57 PM
It's great to see THE NIGHT LANDING again! And a more traditional color VAMP to what I was first expecting! ...Next year they should try selling things like THE NIGHT LANDING in it's re-tooled original packaging!! Then they could be SDCC SEARS EXCLUSIVES !!! Isn't that one of the original charms about G.I.JOE in the first place?

kelty11@verizon.net
07-16-2014, 09:30 AM
I think 1997 was the last time the Night Landing Raft was released. Although I could be wrong.

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
07-16-2014, 09:46 AM
I think 1997 was the last time the Night Landing Raft was released. Although I could be wrong.
IT was but it wasn't. 1997 was the last time that MOLD was released but YoJoe.com at least looks at the 2001 N.L.C. as if it was a version of the night landing.

kelty11@verizon.net
07-16-2014, 01:17 PM
IT was but it wasn't. 1997 was the last time that MOLD was released but YoJoe.com at least looks at the 2001 N.L.C. as if it was a version of the night landing.

I forgot about the NLC. I am looking forward to dark brown and blue camo classic VAMP MkII

j_yoders@hotmail.com
07-16-2014, 03:12 PM
Won't they be available at TRU at the same time?

julestobin@gmail.com
07-16-2014, 04:59 PM
I forgot about the NLC. I am looking forward to dark brown and blue camo classic VAMP MkII I can't wait to see it! I want one with Red missiles and GREEN foot tracking!!! I'd nickname it [The Hunt].

j_yoders@hotmail.com
07-16-2014, 08:43 PM
I hope TRU sells both versions. So sick of manufacturers catering to scalpers.

rcmejia@gmail.com
07-17-2014, 05:45 PM
Are there any single card figures?
This enclosed vehicles are hard to display. The 25th collection vehicles with the clear plastic front was awesome for displaying.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
07-17-2014, 09:11 PM
For the 50th Anniversary in general? Yes.

Versions of these figures in single card? I have no idea.

kelty11@verizon.net
07-18-2014, 11:21 AM
I read that this will only be available on TRU.com and not in the stores. How hard is to get something like this to brick and mortar stores. Maybe TRU.com could limit people to two per order?

jimsnow70@aol.com
07-19-2014, 11:48 AM
Will these be a limited run? Or will their be enough for purchase on the TRU website come July 24th?

amaraljustin@hotmail.com
07-21-2014, 07:28 AM
wil this also be on hasbrotoysshop.com?

rew97@live.com
07-23-2014, 12:27 AM
I have a feeling this won't be too hard to get at at decent price, with it being sold at multiple sources and a similar product being sold at the same time. Joe comic con exclusives are not too bad price wise for about a year or so then they tend to rise quickly. By the way, has anyone else noticed some of these scum bag scalpers are trying to sell this item for $200 pre-sale, some people have no shame.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-23-2014, 08:15 AM
Yes, I have also seen some of them re-list them for as low as $125 as it looks like most collector's are holding off for the TRU release.

kelty11@verizon.net
07-23-2014, 08:53 AM
Why would anyone place a $200 pre-order for a $30 item? There would be no return on the investment as this will probably sell for only $80 to $90 a year or so from now.

We collectors are crazy!!;)

rjhiii@sover.net
07-23-2014, 10:14 AM
I haven't seen one of them sell yet, but the scalpers are trying to get top dollar...

rjhiii@sover.net
07-24-2014, 08:23 AM
I see the price has dropped to as low as $65 Buy it now for a boxed complete SDCC release plus $40+ s&h (sadly people are paying this-probably not reading the shipping and handling money making amount), some auctions are beginning at $65 with semi-reasonable shipping.

kelty11@verizon.net
07-24-2014, 09:27 AM
I placed my order on TRU.com. Although it now seems to be sold out.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-24-2014, 09:45 AM
FML- I checked everyday for the preorder or for it to be listed and I never saw it...

rjhiii@sover.net
07-24-2014, 09:54 AM
I hope it is just the Entertainment Earth booth that sold out and not the store itself...

firebaseryan@comcast.net
07-24-2014, 10:44 AM
Yes I was able to get on the Toys R Us website right at 7:00 this morning ( I'm in California ) and order the Comic Con Exclusive. :) It appeared all exclusives sold out very quickly on their website shortly after that.

kelty11@verizon.net
07-24-2014, 11:08 AM
FML- I checked everyday for the preorder or for it to be listed and I never saw it...

It was only up on TRU's site from about 7AM to 10:30AM. I was not checking the site regularly because I thought it would be available on the 28th after SDCC. Consequently, I only happened upon the listing and luckily was able to place my order.

They might restock as everything else seems to be available still.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-24-2014, 11:22 AM
I tried getting on at 10 am-

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
07-24-2014, 11:47 AM
It was only up on TRU's site from about 7AM to 10:30AM. I was not checking the site regularly because I thought it would be available on the 28th after SDCC. Consequently, I only happened upon the listing and luckily was able to place my order.

They might restock as everything else seems to be available still.
An online representative at Toys R Us just told me at 1:45pm EST that they sold out fast this morning and that they were very limited and it appears that they will not be getting anymore online and that they will not be available in stores. I hope that he is wrong. I'm pretty disgusted at this point.

ronmerrill@mchsi.com
07-25-2014, 11:24 AM
So... the SDCC danger at the docks sets on tru.com went in about 10 minutes. Super disappointing!! I am seeing a ton of them on e-bay for anywhere from $70 to $200. Any of the more veteran collectors have a wag on where the e-bay price will settle out?

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
07-25-2014, 12:46 PM
Sold out already? ARRRGH!!!! (EXPLETIVE EXPLETIVE EXPLETIVIN' SCALPERS!!) This really pisses me off to no end to see that scalpers not only get the jump on ammunition, but GI Joe sets as well. It's a case of ruining it for every one else because you want to make the bigger buck. Want some more spending money? Get a job. One that doesn't screw the consumers around like this.

I believe scalping is illegal when it comes to concert tickets, unless I'm mistaken, so shouldn't it be illegal to scalp anything? Toys are included in "anything."

At the very least this explains the mystery of why I couldn't find a V.A.M.P. Mk II anywhere.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-25-2014, 02:15 PM
It was faster than 10 minutes- I started 5 to 10 minutes before 10 am and started refreshing the page until it opened. Clicked "add to cart" and got a "item is no longer available" "out of stock" type message and then everything went gray and all links were gone.

I complained to Toys R Us customer service- toysrus1@cust-help-us.com and Hasbro "Hasbro Consumer Care" hasbro_new@custhelp.com

Toys R Us sent a form letter that had nothing really to do with my email .
Hasbro's response was a little more interesting since I took a screen grab of the Ebay scalping prices and digitally highlighted the time as 10:30 am where they were $90 plus at that time. Maybe if all the collector's screwed contacted "Customer Service" they might reissue more...

"Response By Email (Jenn) (07/25/2014 09:07 AM)
Hi Rudy,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro! We appreciate your taking the time to reach out to us in regards to the GI Joe 50th Danger at The Docks product.

Consumer satisfaction is very important to us. I will share your comments and attached file with my business partners so that they are also aware of your feedback in regards to having more availability of this item.

Rudy, I appreciate having the opportunity to assist you. I hope you have a fun day!

Warm regards,"

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
07-25-2014, 06:43 PM
Toys R Us sent a form letter.

"Let me put his name in this blank, his concern in that one, and SEND!

Phew, that was exhausting.";)

rjhiii@sover.net
07-26-2014, 12:50 AM
There that makes us sound like we actually care, I wonder what he wanted....hmm, maybe I should have read the letter...nah It is all good.

kelty11@verizon.net
07-26-2014, 03:28 PM
It was sold out 5 minutes after I purchased it. Maybe Hasbro should have produced more because as of this morning all the other exclusive were still available. This has been the trend with Hasbro's SDCC joe offerings in recent years: suite Cobra Commander, Sgt. Slaughter, Zarana, Jinx and Joe/TFs all sold out before I tried to order them at 5 or 6am.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-28-2014, 09:59 AM
Interesting- I got a second response from Hasbro today regarding the screen grab of the Ebay prices. Maybe they will listen, after all they are losing money the scalpers are making ...

"Hi Rudy,
Thank you again for contacting us.

We regret that you have found dealers or collectors purchasing the product in large numbers for resale,
and that you have been unable to locate the set. We hope you understand that we have no control of the
inventory once it is shipped to the retailers.

However, we are as concerned as you are about this situation. Please be assured that your comments have
already been shared with our Marketing and Sales Departments under the direction of the VP of our
production line, so that they are also aware of your/our concerns.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us and for sharing your observations.

Warm regards,

Mary"

rjhiii@sover.net
07-28-2014, 10:13 AM
So... the SDCC danger at the docks sets on tru.com went in about 10 minutes. Super disappointing!! I am seeing a ton of them on e-bay for anywhere from $70 to $200. Any of the more veteran collectors have a wag on where the e-bay price will settle out?

I am going to guess in the $60-$80, unless Hasbro releases a second run...

kelty11@verizon.net
07-28-2014, 11:33 AM

I concur with you on that. I think that it will drop to $60-$80/$90 in several weeks. I see it possibly increasing in price in the long run if the 50th Anniversary toys are popular and if they suffer from the same distribution woes that all Hasbro products seem to have fallen victim to. Toys R Us should admit they made an error and produce as second run, sell them in their stores or at the very least offer it through Diamond to specialty stores. I imagine that they want their products to reach as many collectors as possible, not just 5 or 6 rabid scalpers.

julestobin@gmail.com
07-28-2014, 11:45 AM
Talk about locating a set!?! HASBRO SAYS WHAT HASBRO DOES!! USES THE INTERNET NIGHT AND DAY ;INSTEAD OF SELLING THEIR BELOVED G.I.JOE AT MASS RETAIL!!! WE SHOULD HAVE A YEAR ROUND BUILD TO ORDER SCHEME WHERE WE CAN PICK AND CHOOSE ANYTHING IF IT'S NOT TO OUR INDIVIDUAL TASTES!!!!! THIS IS HEINOUS!!!?!

rjhiii@sover.net
07-28-2014, 12:28 PM
Toys R Us should admit they made an error and produce as second run, sell in their store or at the very least offer it through Diamond to specialty stores. I imagine that they want their products to reach as many collectors as possible, not just 5 or 6 rabid scalpers.

That is what makes the second email response from Hasbro so interesting:

However, we are as concerned as you are about this situation. Please be assured that your comments have
already been shared with our Marketing and Sales Departments under the direction of the VP of our
production line, so that they are also aware of your/our concerns.

tiffanbrown@gmail.com
07-28-2014, 06:49 PM
the set is available right now on bigbadtoystore right now for 74.99

rjhiii@sover.net
07-28-2014, 07:11 PM
BBTS is probably one of the buyers that scooped up a ton of them once they became available. The $75 is their mark up on it.

and their site says it is sold out...

ronmerrill@mchsi.com
07-29-2014, 11:26 AM

Thanks for the guesstimate. I'll keep my eyes peeled for an e-bay deal in that range, while hoping Hasbro does a second run. And thanks for sharing your correspondence with Hasbro! Very interesting.

rcmejia@gmail.com
07-29-2014, 04:25 PM
I'm not going to bother looking for this sets. I'm done paying outrageous prices.

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
07-29-2014, 05:43 PM
My SDCC Flint figure from this set has the worst paint defects that I have ever seen on a HASBRO figure. He has green paint all over his forearms and there is a big black mark on his neck in addition to all of the green paint stains. I contacted HASBRO Customer Care about it and included pictures but they said there is nothing they are able or willing to do about it. Nothing. http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag352/MajorGibroni/IMG_3434_zps422f8d9a.jpg (http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/MajorGibroni/media/IMG_3434_zps422f8d9a.jpg.html)http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag352/MajorGibroni/IMG_3435_zpsa56cb890.jpg (http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/MajorGibroni/media/IMG_3435_zpsa56cb890.jpg.html)

rent1374@hotmail.com
07-29-2014, 07:20 PM
I get mine on Friday cant wait!!!

rent1374@hotmail.com
07-29-2014, 07:21 PM
wow....really!!! they said that??? holy smokes..thats scary

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
07-29-2014, 08:37 PM
That green skin? Camouflage. The black mark on his neck? Scar tissue from a really close call with the best (now dead) Cobra sniper he'd ever run across.

kelty11@verizon.net
07-30-2014, 07:53 AM
I received my set yesterday. I didn't find any major paint or sculpt issues with the figures or vehicles. Although the side of the box was completely smashed because there was no packing paper inside.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-30-2014, 08:31 AM
I received my set yesterday. I didn't find any major paint or sculpt issues with the figures or vehicles. Although the side of the box was completely smashed because there was no packing paper inside.

Wow, maybe I lucked out on not getting the set and should piece it together (more expensive) but I get to see what I am buying and if the box was damaged, it won't matter...

kelty11@verizon.net
07-30-2014, 09:54 AM
Personally, I don't care about the condition of the box because I am going to commit sacrilege and OPEN AND ASSEMBLE IT!!. It's just that some people might want it mint and I can't believe that I am the only one who received a damaged box from TRU.

I imagine many people will pick and choose loose pieces from both sets if they only want classic versions of Flint and the Cobra Eel.

By the way the "Crimson" Eel is spectacular; a great addition to the 2013 Crimson Guard and forthcoming "Crimson" Night-Viper. It feels like 2003/04 when Cobra drafted every trooper unit into the CGs. Flint is a good figure as well, although it looks like he's dressed for autumn in the Northeast with his ribbed turtleneck. Other than that, it is a excellent update to the 2007 Flint.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-30-2014, 10:14 AM
I would open it also- it will be going to my niece or nephew. They currently have a very large collection. Some of which could have been very valuable if they were not used as *gasp* toys :)

jimsnow70@aol.com
07-30-2014, 04:22 PM
I just got mine today from TRU. Flint has 2 scratches on his right forearm, making the black plastic underneath visible. Other than that, everything else was good. On a side note I would like for the club to make these footlockers available for sale in their club store. They're stackable, and I have tons of extra weapons that could use better storage. Personally, I would buy 30.

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
07-30-2014, 04:48 PM
I just got mine today from TRU. Flint has 2 scratches on his right forearm, making the black plastic underneath visible. Other than that, everything else was good. On a side note I would like for the club to make these footlockers available for sale in their club store. They're stackable, and I have tons of extra weapons that could use better storage. Personally, I would buy 30.
Yeah, the footlocker is awesome. I was surprised at how many extra weapons they actually crammed in there! It would be totally cool if we had access to getting more of these outside of this particular set. ;)

kelty11@verizon.net
07-31-2014, 08:06 AM
I would love for the club to offer Joe and Cobra footlockers.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-31-2014, 08:31 AM
Actually- foot lockers and/or replacement/alternative web gear, backpacks, and weapons accessories packs for the modern era.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
07-31-2014, 03:31 PM
I would love for the club to offer Joe and Cobra footlockers.

Actually- foot lockers and/or replacement/alternative web gear, backpacks, and weapons accessories packs for the modern era.

And black 25th style figure stands instead of clear. I would love all these things sold through the club store.

rjhiii@sover.net
08-01-2014, 12:11 PM
If you look hard enough online- small toy shops with real bricks and mortar storefronts you can find things reasonably. Getting my Tan Danger at the Docks set for $45 plus shipping so roughly $55. More than I wanted to spend, but less than the ridiculous evil bay prices. Unfortunately, they only had one...