PDA

View Full Version : FSS 3.0 Preview 12 -- G.I. JOE FORWARD AIR CONTROLLER: BOMBSTRIKE

Commander_Lane
06-25-2014, 01:05 PM

G.I. JOE FORWARD AIR CONTROLLER: BOMBSTRIKE
- 25th Anniversary Style/Fully Poseable Action Figure
- Based on Action Figure from 2005
- Features NEW Head Sculpt
- Includes G.I. Joe Logo Stand, Assault Rifle,
Aerial Drone with Weapons, Computer Case with
Submachine Gun, Pistol, Backpack

(Note: Photo depicts prototype and final product may slightly differ.)

Shadowcat01@hotmail.com
06-25-2014, 01:26 PM
I love it! A great update, and a wonderful head! My only worry is the crease on her cheek, but hopefully that's just the Photoshopping.

dgarlit@gmail.com
06-25-2014, 01:26 PM
The head sculpt looks fantastic

ozcouple@live.com
06-25-2014, 01:27 PM
Good colors/parts choices. Not sure about the head...expecting it to look better in hand, like Alpine's. Overall, no complaints...nice job, Club!

Now pretty please fix Hit 'n Run...! :)

dgarlit@gmail.com
06-25-2014, 01:33 PM
Kind of exactly what I expected and that's not a bad thing. Good use of the limited modern molds available.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
06-25-2014, 01:48 PM
I agree this looks like it will be very good when we get the figure. The real thing usually looks much better than the photoshop mockup.
(No offense to whoever is doing the photoshopping, it's just that the real thing looks so much better :))

jtfowler78@gmail.com
06-25-2014, 02:02 PM
My niece is gonna want one of these too.

CLBeaudette@gmail.com
06-25-2014, 02:14 PM
Wow, she looks like a hard @$$. I'm thinking that crease on her cheek is from the smirk as she calls in Black Outs position so Barrel Roll can rain hell down him.

ironheart@earthlink.net
06-25-2014, 02:27 PM
The head sculpt looks like a total win, but I really wish you had given her a tan shirt like the original. The black doesn't look that great, to me, and doesn't remind me of Bombstrike. This seems more like Night Force or Movie Bombstrike than a true update of the original.

rjhiii@sover.net
06-25-2014, 02:59 PM
My niece is gonna want one of these too.

My niece is the one getting this one. She is going to love it!

ericfu13@hotmail.com
06-25-2014, 03:01 PM
Nice job, Club! Very cool update with some gear that fits the character.

kelty11@verizon.net
06-25-2014, 03:07 PM
I love it; a great update.

rew97@live.com
06-25-2014, 03:40 PM
Great headsculpt! Now I may have to pick up her brothers.

jedijones77@yahoo.com
06-25-2014, 04:25 PM
The original figure was a voluptuous character as seen both on the figure and on her card art. This looks like the anorexic version of her. This figure would be good as a generic new female recruit but it doesn't capture what made Bombstrike unique and different (the glamorous looks that tied in with her original code name of Bombshell). I don't know what other torsos might have worked but if it was possible to use Marvel Universe molds there are several there that could've worked for her such as Mary Jane. This new face sculpt isn't nearly as pretty as on her original card art but of course it does beat the face of the original figure itself. I do like the hair a lot.

amaraljustin@hotmail.com
06-25-2014, 04:32 PM
Dear Club: no black please, and paint the knees grey? :(

ironheart@earthlink.net
06-25-2014, 05:16 PM
I agree with JediJones in that the torso piece chosen does throw the figure off a bit because it doesn't capture the voluptuous image of Bombstrike that we're used to. I think this is unfortunate, but I'm not sure which pieces the Club could have used. Concept Case Lady Jaye maybe?

pyre@pyresdomain.net
06-25-2014, 06:32 PM
I really like it.

jimsnow70@aol.com
06-25-2014, 07:19 PM
Yeah, looks like Night Force Bombstrike with that shirt color. Just a comment, I really like this figure.

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
06-25-2014, 07:31 PM
Very nice. Not what I expected, but even better!

sbrennan2@optusnet.com.au
06-25-2014, 10:06 PM
Great update, love it. Look forward to adding her to my collection!

gi_eddo@yahoo.com
06-25-2014, 10:06 PM
Personally, I think this figure looks more "military" than the original figure. I like the black undershirt. It makes the brown vest pop. Is she as big breasted as the original? No. Does it really matter? No.
The last three figures shown have really been some of the best this time around. I hope the figure chosen for the 13th spot is equally well executed.

sheila4420@hotmail.com
06-26-2014, 05:23 AM
Not entirely sure that I like this figure. I think the original Bombstrike looked a lot better. Maybe a bit bulky, but she looked good. This figure looks almost like a completely different character. That's just my opinion though. Maybe she'll look better when the final product is released? The original figure was cuter, looked more like a 'Joe. This one has an almost sinister look to her. Don't get me wrong--it's a good sculpt and good figure, just not what Bombstrike should look like in my opinion.

scott@getlinkednow.com
06-26-2014, 11:09 AM
neet looking... those look like Lady Jay Arms.... HOPE they're the newer ones that have wrist articulation, and not the older ones which did not.

kelty11@verizon.net
06-26-2014, 11:28 AM
What is everybody complaining about? This is a fantastic figure. I personally never liked the original.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
06-26-2014, 01:02 PM
I absolutely love this figure. The head sculpt is amazing. The "crease" mentioned by others is fine. If it's a scar, great. I think it's actually meant to reflect the cheekbones and beauty in her face. WELL DONE!

boostergold5@gmail.com
06-26-2014, 02:00 PM
The reason she was 'voluptuous' before was because it was a chunky o-ring figure. Really?!? Wow, a lot of pre-conceived notions of what a character should look like that has never been in any media. I loved the original figure and to me this one looks just like her. Theres no crease on her face, its a smile you crazy loons! Guess theres not that many other smiling GI joe figures.. Its weird how theres so much criticism of this figure of an obscure character. Because shes a girl shes selling for the most money on the second hand market yet everyone has an issue with her and not with the lackluster crimson guard or the re-do night force.. You guys sure are not picky when it counts.

rew97@live.com
06-26-2014, 02:50 PM
I believe the term "laugh lines" would account for the supposed crease on her face.

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
06-26-2014, 03:52 PM
I don't think it's a smile or a scar, it looks more like she's got a ****y smirk on her face.

allewebay@earthlink.net
06-27-2014, 09:40 AM
Still recovering from Botcon so I missed the discussion on the last couple of reveals but I have to say Funpub saved some of the best (and least controversial) for last! I don't really have anything to critique on Repeater, Slice, Big Ben, Crimson Immortal and Bombstrike (would I have liked a t-shirt? - Yes, is it a deal-breaker? - NOT AT ALL).

jon@compulsivecollector.com
06-27-2014, 03:00 PM
What is everybody complaining about? This is a fantastic figure. I personally never liked the original. Absolutely. This is a terrific update for the character, so much better than the original figure.