Commander_Lane
06-13-2014, 11:56 AM

G.I. JOE LIGHT INFANTRYMAN: HIT & RUN
- 25th Anniversary Style/Fully Poseable Action Figure
- Based on Unreleased Hasbro Concept Vault
- Includes G.I. Joe Logo Stand, Removable Helmet and
Goggles, Assault Rifle, Pistols, Knife, Climbing Piton,
Backpack with Grappling Hooks

(Note: Photo depicts prototype and final product may slightly differ.)

Figure Subscription Service 3.0... Order Now (https://www.mastercollector.com/fss/login.cfm?eid=7)!

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
06-13-2014, 12:21 PM
Looks good.

rjhiii@sover.net
06-13-2014, 12:27 PM
No green face will cause a stir... I already have gotten my niece and nephew the Assault on Cobra Island set, so I probably will pop this guy's head off and replace it with the red head GI Joe Trooper one, and call him "Ripcord"- you know the "REAL" Ripcord...

portelli21@gmail.com
06-13-2014, 12:29 PM
This was one of my most anticipated, but the lack of a good paint job really brings it down. What a shame.

justin@generalsjoes.com
06-13-2014, 12:33 PM
I've gotta admit, as pretty much the biggest Hit & Run fan out there... this is a disappointment. I'm not sure why the green skin wasn't used. I'm sure there are reasons for it, I'd be curious to know what they are.

And is there a specific reason why the parts recipe wasn't more closely matched to the Concept Case version? I was kind of hoping that would happen as well.

Ah, well. The green skin is something that can be resolved with a little customization, just disappointing that we couldn't get it that way out of the box.

ericfu13@hotmail.com
06-13-2014, 12:49 PM
I'm a huge fan of the Club and I understand they can't please everyone but the lack of green paint is a huge bummer.
The figure is still going to be awesome, I'm sure but....
If the Club is reading, what's the deal? Your choice or did Hasbro say. "No green paint!"?

mamu.nestor@gmail.com
06-13-2014, 12:51 PM
I don't know Justin, I'm a pretty big fan of him too. I have to say this is a big disappointment... There are a few I was really looking forward too, now it's just a couple... Muskrat looks great, I just hope they don't screw up Crimson Immortal.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
06-13-2014, 01:00 PM
I am pretty sure most people wanted the concept case version exactly. That should have been easy to duplicate so this is definitely unexpected. I am still subbing (I love 3 revealed so far, and kind of like Alpine) but I will keep the 25th version as my Hit & Run. This guy could actually make an upgraded Falcon with a head swap and gear swap.
I really hope there is nothing this disappointing about Repeater on Monday. He is my favorite character from this set.

portelli21@gmail.com
06-13-2014, 01:07 PM
At almost $30 per figure, I can't understand why the club doesn't spring for better paint apps, at least on certain figures like this one.

patrickryanmurphy@yahoo.com
06-13-2014, 01:08 PM
The black stripes on bare skin look off to me.

If you are not going to do them right, just pick different characters.

gpgreenoe@gmail.com
06-13-2014, 01:13 PM
I thought the Concept Case use of stubble kind of dirtied up the face enough to not really need the green paint, and would go a long way in helping here, but I'd have preferred green paint too. But like Justin Bell said, I really would have liked to have seen the parts used in the concept case, especially the torso.

allewebay@earthlink.net
06-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Have to say I took it for granted that Hit and Run would have had the green face and arm paint and must admit I am somewhat incredulous and stunned that the subscription figure will lack this iconic aspect of the character - it really set him apart from his fellow Joes, made him look incredibly awesome and dangerous.

gi_eddo@yahoo.com
06-13-2014, 01:40 PM
Why even bother making this figure if it's not gonna be done the way it should be? The convention figure didn't have face paint, and I looked past it. This is just not cool though. Hopefully they adjust the colors to include the green skin tone.

funpubincadmin
06-13-2014, 02:42 PM

Hello,

There appears to be some confusion about Hit & Run. First of all, please note that nothing is produced until the order period ends. The figure on the left is a photo from Hasbro’s concept case. Please note that the image from the Hasbro concept does not have any green skin tone.

The Photoshop image on the right is the version that we have mocked up for this figure. They are very similar. However if there are changes you would like to suggest, we look at all comments before the final deco is sent to the factory. Please remember that all figures are subject to change from the original concept shown due to manufacturing issues. If you would like to comment please do so in the club forum as we read all of the valid comments that are posted by the membership. Thanks for being involved in the hobby!

jfi7056052@aol.com
06-13-2014, 03:54 PM
He may not have green skin in the CC version, but you need to at least give him the chin stuble and a darker skin tone on the club version. The pre-production version has a serious case of not seeing any sun in months.

portelli21@gmail.com
06-13-2014, 03:55 PM
I would like to see a green camo applied to his skin. I would also like Night Creeper Leader to be his version 1 orange & black deco.

marccallison@gmail.com
06-13-2014, 03:55 PM
Thanks for posting and accepting suggestions. First, I'd change the upper-torso to use what was in the concept case version (ultimate firefly's), same for the upper legs.

Also, the webgear from the concept case should be used, as well as the correct backpack.

Is the concept case headsculpt different than the Night Force one? If so, I'd prefer (if at all possible) that headsculpt.

In short: Make the figure on the left (concept case) as shown. Thank you.

rjhiii@sover.net
06-13-2014, 04:00 PM
The one from the concept case looks a little like the guy that plays Ward from Marvel's Agents of Shield...

gi_eddo@yahoo.com
06-13-2014, 04:08 PM
I can't be the only one that sees the figure on the left with a green or olive wash over his skin, right? It's not the same flesh tone as depicted in the photo at right.
I'd actually prefer the figure to look more closely like the one on the left. I really don't like the grapple hook backpack. It's a waste of an accessory that is good for kids, but not collectors.
The parachute pack that came with the night force version was better. That being said, I'm not as turned off by the use of parts for the figure as some others are, and actually think the Lifeline torso is fine. If you did change it to the firefly torso, that would be fine too.

nickvree@yahoo.com
06-13-2014, 04:14 PM
The one of the left is much better, and DEFINITELY has a green skin tone.

If you can't see the one on the left with a green skin tone, then I strongly suggest going to an optometrist. Like, I am literally worried for your eye health.

the torso on the left one is much better, and the upper legs too, specifically because the camo can be painted over the 'flat' pockets.

The webgear is much more appropriate for someone with a mountaineering secondary specialty on the left version; one does not simply go rock climbing with a backpack but no harness... unless they like to fall.

alyoshas_corner@yahoo.com
06-13-2014, 04:17 PM
I'll take the version on the left in the image (concept case figure) 100% please. The concept case figure did have a greenish wash over the flesh. If you need other images to clarify, please let me know. I also confirmed this with John Warden at the show while taking pics of the figure being put into and taken out of the display cases. I took about a dozen pics of it from all different angles and with the helmet off (he's bald).

I'd also like to add that I'm not a fan of the color highlights that were added. The whole idea behind Hit & run is that he's camoed up and having silver highlights on the weapons and black blocks of detail on the figure (goggles and leg gear) kind of defeat that. I know it's nit-picking and I apologize if it comes off negative, but as you are well aware, sometimes a character calls to be "same as vintage".

friendlyfire21@gmail.com
06-13-2014, 04:25 PM
Green face please.

ptsinclair06@aol.com
06-13-2014, 04:28 PM
If you can't see the one on the left with a green skin tone, then I strongly suggest going to an optometrist. Like, I am literally worried for your eye health.

Feedback is awesome! Comments like this though are not necessary. If you disagree, state that, no worries. Just post your preference and leave the personal comments out of it please...

julestobin@gmail.com
06-13-2014, 04:32 PM
I thought I already had HIT & RUN!! COULD HE BE FROM AN ALTERNATE REALITY???

Arbrias@hotmail.com
06-13-2014, 04:32 PM
My thoughts on the figure echo those of Alyosha's. The figure on the left from head to toe would be my preference. If for some reason the body parts are not available, at least look into the option of the equipment and paint deco from the concept version.

06-13-2014, 04:50 PM
I think fans had very specific expectations when the Club referred to the 'concept case' version. (That side-by-side 'similar' post is insulting, to be honest.)

Announcing a con set Hit and Run in green without face paint would have generated less enthusiasm, but may have been better than the frustration many are feeling now.

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
06-13-2014, 05:24 PM
All the Club needs to do is give us the Concept vault Hit 'n Run. The parts should be easily available. It's pretty simple.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
06-13-2014, 05:26 PM

Feedback is awesome! Comments like this though are not necessary. If you disagree, state that, no worries. Just post your preference and leave the personal comments out of it please...

I happen to be colorblind, good thing I don't offend easily.

Nevertheless...

The green skin(which I see) works for this figure in spades. If you think about in in terms of practicality, seeing a guy with green skin would kind of put you off before you, uh, shuffle off this mortal coil.

tmhill1216@hotmail.com
06-13-2014, 05:50 PM
I have to agree with the majority of members here, and say that I do prefer the Hit and Run on the left, with a green skin tone. The parts used on the concept case version just scream Hit and Run.
The accessory choice HAS to be collector focused, and giving collectors a backpack with a "play feature" like the one you have picked feels a little insulting. I believe in what the club is doing, and have defended every choice you guys have made, but this character was handed to you on a silver plater, via the concept case, and to make the changes that you have makes no sense.

I wold love to know the reasons behind the changes. You might even change my mind, but I for one would like to know what went in to making the changes.

Stormshadow169@aol.com
06-13-2014, 05:52 PM
Assault on cobra island version is way better bro. Shave a little off the inside of the elbows for better articulation and replace his hands with black gloved hands of 30th anniversary cobra trooper and he is really awesome. This figure will make a really good falcon.

Yep definitely gonna make a good falcon figure from this so if we end up with the figure to the right, I'm still ok with it. If we get the one on the left, it will be my Bruce Willis from "Tears of the Sun".........

I'm not totally in love with every figure the club puts out, but I do see all the custom potential and for that, I thank you Joe Club.

gpgreenoe@gmail.com
06-13-2014, 06:08 PM
So, hate to burst anyone's bubble, but the the Concept Case Hit and Run did NOT have green facepaint. He had olive skin tone and stubble. Which I think looked amazing. The overall green of the uniform might appear to give a greener tint to the skin tone but, having seen this in person, I can confirm that it did not have green facepaint.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3876/14392644796_64aecea5da_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/nVQ4Sd)https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5040/14229181750_27ea441bbb_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/nFogZQ)

BUT. Back to the topic at hand.

I know I would REALLY like to see the final FSS Hit and Run be as close as possible to the concept case that we all pretty much fell in love with. Facepaint issue aside, the most important thing I would like to see on the FSS figure is the inclusion of the 3-pack Firefly torso and upper legs, as well as the correct web gear and backpack, as the combination of those items really made the concept case figure. Without them, it doesn't really hold the same appeal. I truly hope that you all take a look at it. Between all of the different factors you have to deal with, I know it can be difficult to do certain things, but I think this character has become important enough to a lot of fans that at least some consideration could be made. We know you all work your butts off to get these wonderful toys to us and are appreciative, so please don't take this as whining for the sake of whining! Thanks guys!

dgmgundam@yahoo.com
06-13-2014, 06:22 PM
I promised myself I wouldn't post on the forum until the Club's IT department corrected the issue which displays our email address but, here I am posting and they still have not fixed that. People have said GI Joe fans are passionate and since I am posting in regards to the Hit and Run figure issues it must be evidence of this.
I didn't have Hit and Run as a child- actually, the figure wasn't in production until after I quit collecting but, I was still familiar with the figure though from friends. As an adult I own the 25th Anniversary figure and once I initially saw Hasbro's Concept Case version I fell out of my chair! That is one truly awesome figure! Even not having any nostalgic attachment to the figure, I recognize part of Hit and Run's iconic look is the green and black camo face paint which is part of what is at issue here. I expected, like many others that the Club's Night Force Hit and Run would have the iconic face paint- which, to our disappointment it didn't. We accepted Night Force Hit and Run as a redesign and we moved on. But, now we have a figure which is purported to be based on Hasbro's 'Ultimate' take on the classic figure and yet, again, the Club has not given the figure his classic camo deco. Besides the Club's mock up being in need of that green and black face paint, it also deviates from concept case in the parts choices: Hasbro's choice of the torso which used with the Night Ops 3 pack Firefly and later used for the Club's Night Force Steeler was perfect. Let's get that back. The upper legs were changed from the initial concept figure and the web gear too- and they were perfect as well. Stick with Hasbro's concept figure and give it the green and black camo face paint and it will be perfect :)

rjhiii@sover.net
06-13-2014, 06:25 PM
Clearly not a green paint applied to the skin. And with these pictures he does not look like the actor from Agents of Shield that I thought he did. Either figure works for me. Playability for kids doesn't bother me- I am giving them to kids :D

autobot.goldbug@gmail.com
06-13-2014, 06:26 PM
yes he did have green skin.... olive green is a shade of green is it not?
was the Club going for a Brazilian homage version?
in any case the green or olive facepaint is what gives H&R his personality
I can understand not giving him the stubble if that eats into the Club's costs.
I also would like the web gear that the Night Force version got. Why was it changed to the Rise of Cobra backpack? You must understand a lot of us do not care for those action feature gimmicks. Please keep them out of future figures.
Was the duffel bag not available?
The torso needs to be changed as that holster will interfere with any web gear.
Also in reply to people asking for the Firefly upper legs. They are Firefly's legs!

jedijones77@yahoo.com
06-13-2014, 06:51 PM
Personally I don't like the sculpt of the concept case head for Hit and Run. I never got the impression he was bald or bearded. The new Joe Club head sculpt for Night Force Hit and Run was perfect. I definitely want the FSS Hit and Run head to be the same one as the Night Force Hit and Run head. They should look like the same character in two different costumes for consistency's sake.

My biggest problem with the revealed FSS figure is the webgear/straps on him. They look really oversized and ill-fitting. I'd definitely like to see the straps from the Night Force figure brought back for this version. And as others have said, maybe some different accessories.

While the flesh-colored head and hands don't ruin the figure, and did show up as a foreign variation in the old line, it does take some of the fun away from the original design. So I'd like to see the camo-colored skin on this like the original figure had. Especially since we got the flesh-colored skin on his Night Force figure already. The camo skin is really what separates him from the other green/camo-suited Joes.

Right now the uniform camo looks a little too uniform and even. I know it's a Photoshop. But it would probably look better with more varied line pattern and direction rather than all horizontal stripes.

I don't think there's a need to change the sculpt of the head or body, just the accessories and coloring.

Stormshadow169@aol.com
06-13-2014, 06:53 PM
That is stubble, not green face paint........stop the fighting...lol. either way, I think it is clear, everyone is wanting the concept case figure. I still could care less because the club has tried hard over the past couple of years to bring us joes while Hasbro has sat on the sidelines and only teased us.
Once again, thank you Joe Club for keeping it going.

And it is possible that we are getting what we are getting because Hasbro has plans for concept case figures........ The 50th anniversary figures are straight from this case. There could very well be a wave two and three seeing that wave one is already selling out.

The club does what it does for reasons beyond our knowledge.

pyro671402@comcast.net
06-13-2014, 06:54 PM
So, hate to burst anyone's bubble, but the the Concept Case Hit and Run did NOT have green facepaint. He had olive skin tone and stubble. Which I think looked amazing. The overall green of the uniform might appear to give a greener tint to the skin tone but, having seen this in person, I can confirm that it did not have green facepaint.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3876/14392644796_64aecea5da_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/nVQ4Sd)https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5040/14229181750_27ea441bbb_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/nFogZQ)

BUT. Back to the topic at hand.

I know I would REALLY like to see the final FSS Hit and Run be as close as possible to the concept case that we all pretty much fell in love with. Facepaint issue aside, the most important thing I would like to see on the FSS figure is the inclusion of the Ultimate Firefly torso and upper legs, as well as the correct web gear and backpack, as the combination of those items really made the concept case figure. Without them, it doesn't really hold the same appeal. I truly hope that you all take a look at it. Between all of the different factors you have to deal with, I know it can be difficult to do certain things, but I think this character has become important enough to a lot of fans that at least some consideration could be made. We know you all work your butts off to get these wonderful toys to us and are appreciative, so please don't take this as whining for the sake of whining! Thanks guys!

This exactly!

Clearly not a green paint applied to the skin. And with these pictures he does not look like the actor from Agents of Shield that I thought he did. Either figure works for me. Playability for kids doesn't bother me- I am giving them to kids :D

yes he did have green skin.... olive green is a shade of green is it not?
was the Club going for a Brazilian homage version?
in any case the green or olive facepaint is what gives H&R his personality

Olive skin refers to ethnicity more than anything (think Italian skin tone) NOT green paint!

In any case, I echo what most of the others have said when it comes to Hit & Run's equipment. PLEASE do not include "gimmicky" kid features for these very not-intended-for-children collector toys. Honestly, the different parts used don't make that big of a difference, but the equipment needs to not be a waste. As far as the green paint, I for one don't need or want it! We already have a green paint option with the Cobra Island H & R, plain face with the Con NF version, this one with simply black stripes is nice. I'd prefer the stubbly vault version, but either will do, as they both do not have green face-paint.

justin@generalsjoes.com
06-13-2014, 06:56 PM
When Hit & Run was first revealed at the 2012 Convention in New Orleans, I was excited and I spoke at length to John Warden (Hasbro designer) about it right there at the booth. He told me at the time that the idea with the Hit & Run figure was to replicate what it might look like when someone smeared green camouflage paint on their flesh. To simulate this, the wash was somewhat faint so that some of the skin tone shone through. That's why, I believe, there seems to be some argument about whether the flesh was green or not in the concept case. I can say with fair certainty, though, that the concept of the figure was to have lightly applied green camouflage paint.

No matter what the eyes might say with the green on the concept case, even looking at the two figures side by side, it's pretty clear that the concept case Hit & Run's skin is a much darker, different shade than the Club mock up on the right.

All of that being said, I also believe to stay true to the concept case version, the torso should be swapped out with the Ultimate Firefly. This figure's formula as it stands was the third highest voted item in the concept case during my surveys, with only Flint and Kwinn coming before him. These surveys got over 1,000 results from fan votes:

http://generalsjoes.com/2012/07/24/concept-case-survey-round-one-results-and-where-do-we-go-from-here/

http://generalsjoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/01_30th_Full_Results.png

With the top two figures slated for the 50th Anniversary (Flint) and already released (Kwinn), I think the Collectors Club would be missing a big opportunity if they didn't do whatever was in their power to replicate the Concept Case version for Hit & Run.

In fact, if you look at the entire top of that list, other figures (Crimson Guard Immortal, Lady Jaye, HEAT Viper, Cobra Eel) are slated to be released very shortly at retail or the FSS themselves, and in all cases, they appear to be representing the concept case versions very faithfully.

It would be a shame for Hit & Run to fall short of the rest of those offerings.

In a perfect world, that would mean:

1 - Ultimate Firefly Torso
2 - Green camouflage paint on the skin

The head used in the concept case would be fantastic as well, but considering it was likely a sculpt that was never tooled, I'm sure there would be significant financial implications there.

I do, of course, understand that swapping out parts can be considerably more challenging than merely changing a deco, especially at this late juncture. So if part swapping is not possible, I think most fans would be satisfied with at least an application of green camouflage over the flesh on the face and arms (with the tiger stripe camouflage applied on top).

pyre@pyresdomain.net
06-13-2014, 06:58 PM
Yeah. I just don't understand the choices that are being made with some of these figures. This one especially being a big head-scratcher. The concept case Hit & Run was almost unanimously loved by the fandom. Why would you NOT try to give us THAT specific version? He needs that torso. The Lifeline torso just doesn't cut it. We KNOW that the Firefly torso is available because you're already using it on Alpine. Given the choice, I'd rather he have the Lifeline torso so that Hit & Run can get the right one. I really hope that you actually will listen to feedback here and make adjustments to these figures accordingly. It seems a lot of people want that concept case Hit & Run. It seems a lot of people want a v1 Night Creeper Leader. Vypra I'm less certain of, but I know I would prefer her to have some sort of camo on her as just a solid color looks rather boring. It doesn't have to be the old one, but anything would be better. That "urban rain" style that you've used before would probably look great on her.

ericfu13@hotmail.com
06-13-2014, 07:13 PM
I'll just say that the Club's "not final" image of Hit & Run doesn't look enough like the Concept Case version of the character. Maybe there was no green/olive paint, whatever. If the paint on the Club's figure matches the Concept Case version, then I'm happy. Torso change and duffel bag would e nice but the appearance of the character matters most to me.

locb@peiwei.com
06-13-2014, 07:19 PM
I don't understand why you want people to post here. The traffic is moving like downtown Dallas in rush hour, partly because probably less than 1/4 of your members have actually been able to register. Makes it really hard to judge what is actually the consensus or easy to say there wasn't enough interest to change the deco or parts used. This was the FSS I was looking the most forward to after the announcement, not it is the one I am thinking about foregoing the multiple subs I have done in years past.

derrickcannon@gmail.com
06-13-2014, 07:31 PM
When Hit & Run was first revealed at the 2012 Convention in New Orleans, I was excited and I spoke at length to John Warden (Hasbro designer) about it right there at the booth. He told me at the time that the idea with the Hit & Run figure was to replicate what it might look like when someone smeared green camouflage paint on their flesh. To simulate this, the wash was somewhat faint so that some of the skin tone shone through. That's why, I believe, there seems to be some argument about whether the flesh was green or not in the concept case. I can say with fair certainty, though, that the concept of the figure was to have lightly applied green camouflage paint.

No matter what the eyes might say with the green on the concept case, even looking at the two figures side by side, it's pretty clear that the concept case Hit & Run's skin is a much darker, different shade than the Club mock up on the right.

All of that being said, I also believe to stay true to the concept case version, the torso should be swapped out with the Ultimate Firefly. This figure's formula as it stands was the third highest voted item in the concept case during my surveys, with only Flint and Kwinn coming before him. These surveys got over 1,000 results from fan votes:

http://generalsjoes.com/2012/07/24/concept-case-survey-round-one-results-and-where-do-we-go-from-here/

http://generalsjoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/01_30th_Full_Results.png

With the top two figures slated for the 50th Anniversary (Flint) and already released (Kwinn), I think the Collectors Club would be missing a big opportunity if they didn't do whatever was in their power to replicate the Concept Case version for Hit & Run.

In fact, if you look at the entire top of that list, other figures (Crimson Guard Immortal, Lady Jaye, HEAT Viper, Cobra Eel) are slated to be released very shortly at retail or the FSS themselves, and in all cases, they appear to be representing the concept case versions very faithfully.

It would be a shame for Hit & Run to fall short of the rest of those offerings.

In a perfect world, that would mean:

1 - Ultimate Firefly Torso
2 - Green camouflage paint on the skin

The head used in the concept case would be fantastic as well, but considering it was likely a sculpt that was never tooled, I'm sure there would be significant financial implications there.

I do, of course, understand that swapping out parts can be considerably more challenging than merely changing a deco, especially at this late juncture. So if part swapping is not possible, I think most fans would be satisfied with at least an application of green camouflage over the flesh on the face and arms (with the tiger stripe camouflage applied on top).

^ I support this ^ I already purchased the FSS. I have faith in the club to deliver but please make these changes if you can. I would also really really really like that muted orange deco on Spearhead that went around as he and muskrat are the last 2 I need to finish out my original team. Also kickass job on Muskrat prototype looks insanely awesome, really really good job. Thanks for keeping the Joe brand alive.

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
06-13-2014, 08:01 PM
I would prefer the concept case figure but with the Night Force head sculpt painted with green and black face paint. Honestly not a deal breaker though either way.

ecgrohs@gmail.com
06-13-2014, 08:08 PM
I'll have to agree with most people here. The torso should be the Ult Firefly 3pk as well as the upper legs used on the CC version. The webgear and backpack from the CC would also be a nice addition.

The color may or may not be green, but it definitely isn't pasty white. It should be darker skin with a light green hue would make it pop nicely. The face stubble was also a great touch. If the head is indeed different is there a way to get ahold of the CC head? I was really hoping for the CC version as the 25th AOCI version was awful.

pyro671402@comcast.net
06-13-2014, 08:37 PM
I prefer the Concept case build of Hit & Run, but the head is fine. IF there was a green tinge to it, it was barely there, and there are already options for green camo Hit & Run head. Please, no gimmicky accessories, we don't want "kid play value" gimmicks!

tom_omahony@yahoo.com
06-13-2014, 09:18 PM
I would sincerely request the Club consider some type of green color on Hit & Run's skin - whether it's molded in green plastic, painted on or even a wash. People aren't attached so much to the Concept Case version of the figure but the spirit of the character.

xerofall@hotmail.com
06-13-2014, 09:20 PM
Just because the concept case didn't have green skin, doesn't mean the Club's needs to follow it to a Tee. Green skinned Hit and Run is what makes him Hit and Run!

pyro671402@comcast.net
06-13-2014, 09:22 PM
I would sincerely request the Club consider some type of green color on Hit & Run's skin - whether it's molded in green plastic, painted on or even a wash. People aren't attached so much to the Concept Case version of the figure but the spirit of the character.

I'd have to disagree with that. We already got the "spirit of the character" with the Cobra Island Hit & Run. I've learned that people ARE hung up on the part choices for the Concept Case version of this character. I think the backpack they've switched to *****, personally. I don't really care what they do with the head at this point, but the Concept one, at the very least, was not overtly green.

mamu.nestor@gmail.com
06-13-2014, 09:31 PM
They really need to do the green face paint. Also the correct harness is a necessary for a proper hit and run. It needs to be the cross harnes with grenades. Te duffel would be nice. I have an original if they need something to mold.

troynos@gmail.com
06-13-2014, 09:38 PM
I very rarely notice specific parts but I noticed right away that the torso wasn't the concept case version. The NF Hit & Run torso worked for that figure. It doesn't work for this one.

I'm okay with the NF head but the skin tone needs to be darker. As it is, this is way too white.

There isn't green skin on the concept case one, but there are green splotches, which are completely missing from the FSS version.

It's a stretch to call the FSS version "based on the concept case". This version is just another repaint of a Night Force figure.

This is a lazy FSS. I don't mind getting the NF figures in vintage colors, but not all in one FSS. One of the saving graces was getting the concept case version of Hit & Run.

But now we're not getting that.

I don't mind the RoC Snake Eyes backpack, but again, it's not anywhere near matching the concept case.

This should have been an easy figure to knock out of the park, but the end result is striking out.

You have access to the ultimate firefly torso, it's in use on Alpine. Just swapping out torsos and darkening the skin color would go a long way.

brian.kauffman@gmail.com
06-13-2014, 09:45 PM
I still have to agree with the majority...hit n run needs a green face

The suggestions Justin Bell made are the best and clearest statement of what I feel should be done

I have no intention of subscribing, but will pick and choose the overstock from the club store at the next convention. Here's hoping I can get a hit & run with green paint apps on his face and arms

portelli21@gmail.com
06-13-2014, 09:50 PM
I can't understand the unwillingness to listen to the fans either. It's quite amazing since it would take very little for the club to make these changes. If changing things to better satisfy those of us who are buying these causes delays, I absolutely don't mind waiting.

mejiaswmj@hotmail.com
06-13-2014, 10:20 PM
Club, please give us the concept case body with green skin......PLEEESE!!!!

raginspoon@yahoo.com
06-13-2014, 11:28 PM
I would like the figure on the left. If you can please make it look exactly like the concept case, green skin and all.

garbognar@gmail.com
06-14-2014, 01:43 AM
The part that I want addressed most is the backpack. I appreciate the attempt to emulate the play feature of the original with the grappling hook and rope, but the execution of that particular accessory was abysmal. It worked ok as a play feature for kids, but is out of place on an premium collectors item. The most difficult part is that the pack looks really bad on that particular body sculpt. Once I saw the reveal today I dug the pack from the depths of my Joe box and tried it in the Night Force version. Since it was designed for the Arctic Snake Eyes in the huge parka it looks comical- it is way too big for the waist, it bulges in a bad way over the holster on the chest and the straps float above his shoulders.
Again, I do appreciate the thought that went into the feature, but it really detracts from what was the figure I was most looking forward to in this FSS assortment.

ironheart@earthlink.net
06-14-2014, 01:59 AM
I would definitely prefer he have the green paint on his skin. That's always what has been so striking about Hit and Run.

vincecsp@gmail.com
06-14-2014, 03:39 AM
I would vote to use the concept case version 100% Please.

notpicard@gmail.com
06-14-2014, 05:16 AM
There have been times when Joe collectors have loudly claimed that they wanted something (Manimals, DTC wave 4) and when it is offered, they pass. This is not one of those times. The concept case figure is getting a very resounding amount of support. I really think that in some cases, the artistry lies in being able to capture what is there rather than in creating something new. We don't need this concept figure tweaked at all. It is a selling point of FSS3 when it matched what was in the case.

sheila4420@hotmail.com
06-14-2014, 05:23 AM
This pic is just a sample. I'm sure that if enough of us keep writing about wanting the green face paint they'll make it happen. They probably just wanted to give us a different figure than the one from the Cobra Island pack. Personally, I think his head looks a little out of proportion to the rest of his body, but that may just be a bad photo or I'm not looking at it right overall another great figure.

krob73@yahoo.com
06-14-2014, 05:25 AM
I have to agree with most of the other club members here, the concept case version was on of the best figures in that case, and I was hoping the Club would duplicate it. That said, the green skin is what made Hit-n-Run so cool. Without it, he's just another grunt. The all over camo paint made him special.

xfctrz@gmail.com
06-14-2014, 05:32 AM
The concept case figure is perfect and would be a grand slam home run if the club decided to go that route instead of the mock up.

In the interest of full disclosure though, I will say that I subscribed for FSS 1.0 and then skipped 2.0 because I didn't care for much of what was there. After seeing all the reveals so far for 3.0 I was fully on board for subscribing again until seeing HnR but was motivated enough to come sign into the new forum and vote with hopes that our feedback would be heard by the club. Please use the concept case formula, in my opinion that figure is perfect and even improves on the original without the dark green face paint. Thanks for listening!

tiffanbrown@gmail.com
06-14-2014, 07:47 AM
Being pretty new to the club i thought that this line up sounded great. That being said i am pretty glad i didnt sign up for the sub yet. So far these reveals have been very dissapointing besides muskrat. If anyone can give me some advice , if i should just buy figures here and there on the after market or is it eventually worth it to just subscribe . Thanks alot.

perrych17@gmail.com
06-14-2014, 07:52 AM
I like most everyone want EXACTLY what was promised at JoeCon: the concept case h&r. Not an approximation. Not a repaint of the figure you cobbled together for the box set that we accepted but few really were happy about. If this is all that you can do, substitute another figure. Clearly you have time to make changes. Scroll through the many pages of lazy customs so many have posted to find something better. We already have a h&r figure from Hasbro, such as it is. Yours is better but when paying for the fss, we want definitive, not ok. While you may be more proud of the figures you have yet shown, this was the one your fan base wanted most.

thetoydude00@yahoo.com
06-14-2014, 08:07 AM
I definitely prefer the concept case version. While I don't have the contempt for the revealed version that some of you seem to.

steve.2477@hotmail.com
06-14-2014, 08:30 AM
I dont mind the parts used, but i would like Hit & Run to have his green skin. Also the harness from the con Night Force version would make him look so much better than that gimmicky backpack he has. I wouldnt be against him being more like the concept case version either.

charles.phillips@penske.com
06-14-2014, 08:45 AM
I understand the Club can only do certain things and personally the AOCI Hit&Run I have with the green face paint works pretty well for a modern update to the character. I would LOVE to have the concept case version and if the Club's objective is to make the FSS H&R the CC version, then darken the skin tone, match all the colors and give the FSS version the backpack/harness that matches the CC. I would also ask that if you can't then a brief explanation of why. Heck if you told us that Hasbro will only let you do so much or that you only have X amount of resources etc I believe most of the Club Members would be fine with that. Heck a diary of sorts of how you pick each character and color scheme and what resources you have available would probably sell. I would love to read the behind the scenes conversations and back and forth that goes on.

russelltattoo@yahoo.com
06-14-2014, 09:49 AM
I like the concept case version better. hope its not too late change it.

06-14-2014, 10:01 AM
When it states 'based on unreleased Hasbro concept vault', what is the basis for that claim?

Isn't this just your take on the original Hit and Run?

kelty11@verizon.net
06-14-2014, 10:43 AM
I'm on the fence with Hit and Run. I don't need the green face paint, but please remove the black stripes from the face. The concept case version was interesting to say the least. It reminded me of Bruce Willis from the Navy SEALS movie from '03 (the name escapes me at the moment). Although that head was awful as it reminded of a deranged cross between the aforementioned Mr. Willis and Bob Picardo from ST: Voyager.

The one positive thing about this figure is that with its tiger stripe camo it could easily be converted into a Tiger Force Hit and Run (HINT, HINT).

seanmjordan@gmail.com
06-14-2014, 11:49 AM
Thanks Club for opening this up to discussion, it's good to know you're listening. There are a lot of great suggestions in this thread and I hope you'll consider them where the parts / resources are available.

And yes, like everybody else, I much prefer the Concept Case version on the left.

Also maybe a voting system on future FSS/Club Figures similar to what Matty Collector has been doing with their fans could be considered. The Matty Collector example was recently brought up when the topic of a Pythona figure was being discussed on another forum - and it seems like a vey effecient way of handling fan demands. They've had a lot of success with the He-Man and DC fan exclusives and I think it'd be worth looking at.

Thanks.

Stormshadow169@aol.com
06-14-2014, 11:51 AM
Movie was tears of the sun, and I agree on that.
If this is where we post for the club to make the decision, I'm gonna choose the CC version. I don't mind the moc up because it would give me a better Lt. Falcon, but I'll support the majority's ruling. But I'd rather be able to pick my NCL version instead. Still want version 1 vs the LSU version 2........

dgmgundam@yahoo.com
06-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Perhaps, if we can't get the Hit and Run we were all so excited to get then, he shouldn't be used in this FSS. Use him in the next FSS so that he can be done right: save the figure, our money and the slot from being wasted. I would rather wait and have the figure done right. Perhaps, the Club has another figure which could be used in place of Hit and Run for FSS 3.0?

xerofall@hotmail.com
06-14-2014, 01:02 PM
Club... you're allowed to be different from Hasbro, you don't need to copy their Concept Case 100%... Hit and Run has green painted skin, just as Scarlett has red hair and Chuckles has a Hawaiian shirt. It's part of what makes them unique.

jimsnow70@aol.com
06-14-2014, 02:33 PM
Club... you're allowed to be different from Hasbro, you don't need to copy their Concept Case 100%... Hit and Run has green painted skin, just as Scarlett has red hair and Chuckles has a Hawaiian shirt. It's part of what makes them unique.

^^^^Agreed! But they do have the FF torso as it was used for NF Steeler. Just sayin'...

rsoucie1@hotmail.com
06-14-2014, 02:41 PM
Not to be controversial but I dig both mock ups. The part I like the least would be his backpack with the string for "climbing". I prefer the satchel (or murse) that the Night Force version was released with in '13.

ctaylor66@hotmail.com
06-14-2014, 03:12 PM
It seems to me, that HNR is defined by his green face paint. That would allow me to identify with this figure, if the final figure reflected that change.

zephin77@yahoo.com
06-14-2014, 03:19 PM
Green on skin is a must

pyre@pyresdomain.net
06-14-2014, 03:20 PM
^^^^Agreed! But they do have the FF torso as it was used for NF Steeler. Just sayin'...

It's being used on Alpine too. Doesn't make much sense why they would use it there and not here.

bdupay@gmail.com
06-14-2014, 03:30 PM
I would agree with the majority of other comments here - I would prefer that the FSS figure more closely match the concept case version. I understand that the concept case figure used the Bruce Willis General Colton head, so I'm ok with a different head being used for the FSS figure.

Regardless, I do want to see the green camoflauge on the face and arms. Maybe not as bright as the Assault of Cobra Island green, but not as subtle as the olive tone used on the concept case figure. Somewhere in between.

The FSS figure should use the Firefly 3-pack torso like the concept case figure, but I would rather see Shock Trooper upper legs if using an upper leg with pouches and holsters interferes with the harness.

The harness, duffle, and black deco weapons from the concept case should replace the Rise of Cobra backpack that was shown in the FSS preview. I do, however, like the inclusion of the Snow Job pick axes.

portelli21@gmail.com
06-14-2014, 03:40 PM
I love how the club keeps deleting member's comments. Don't complain or speak against anything the club does, it will just be deleted.

jabvab@verizon.net
06-14-2014, 04:12 PM
Please switch back the webgear from the ROC Arctic Snake Eyes. The Arctic webgear is bulky and ill-fitting since it was made for a figure wearing a parka. The webgear used on the Con figure and Concept case is much better.

Please use the same Ret Firefly 3 pack torso as the Concept case. It is a much better sculpt and doesn't have Lifeline's 'butterfly collar.' It would make the FSS figure even better by differentiating it further form the Con release.

jfi7056052@aol.com
06-14-2014, 04:45 PM
Club, I know you said you are listening to fans and discussing internally suggested changes, but I think it would be in your best interests to really strive to make changes to all the figures in FSS 3.0. Color changes for Spearhead and NCL, adding the camo pattern to Vypra, adding a set of red emitter dishes to Psyche-Out, along with the black dishes, and the suggested fixes for Hit & Run. I'm sure fans will be ok with the line being delayed a month of two to make appropriate changes to the figure designs to make them better.

portelli21@gmail.com
06-14-2014, 04:54 PM
Club, I know you said you are listening to fans and discussing internally suggested changes, but I think it would be in your best interests to really strive to make changes to all the figures in FSS 3.0. Color changes for Spearhead and NCL, adding the camo pattern to Vypra, adding a set of red emitter dishes to Psyche-Out, along with the black dishes, and the suggested fixes for Hit & Run. I'm sure fans will be ok with the line being delayed a month of two to make appropriate changes to the figure designs to make them better.

I agree with this completely.

julestobin@gmail.com
06-14-2014, 04:57 PM
I'm with CLOAKED/RAVEN. It does look good! But I'd buy either version suggested..only because I'm paying PREMIUM PRICES for PREMIUM FIGURES... If you really want the other vigures suggested lately...why don't ypu DEMAND THEM AT MASS RETAIL?

jamieandvicki@gmail.com
06-14-2014, 08:59 PM
Green please. Thanks :)

soundwavempl@hotmail.com
06-14-2014, 09:26 PM

I second this. This would make the FSS 3.0 totally awesome for me.

andy.thompson.1976@gmail.com
06-14-2014, 09:33 PM
concept case version head to toe. Especially the web gear

jedijones77@yahoo.com
06-14-2014, 10:37 PM
If you look at the original card art for Hit & Run, it actually has a better paint deco on his face than anything we've seen in toys or prototypes so far. It's an olive green tone with both black and dark green stripes over it. I'd rather see the club go for something as close to the original card art coloring as possible rather than worry about the concept figure's coloring.

http://www.yojoe.com/images/resize/w/MAX/action/88/88card/hitandruntargetfront.jpg

I still think the lack of camo on Vypra is the #1 issue that should be corrected with this series. Hit & Run's accessories are second, then his skin paint. I'm fine with Hit & Run's body the way it is and don't really like the turtleneck look for him since it doesn't match his original card art. The collar on this torso is a great match (although I don't like the chest gun). I'm also fine with Spearhead and NCL the way they are, but I actually would've preferred the red/yellow look for Alpine. Not a big deal though and I might be in the minority there. Asking for extra red dishes on Psyche-Out is a waste of resources. The Nocturnal Fire set is not that rare and it'll be easy to buy a loose Psyche-Out from there and swap dishes if you really want to. Most collectors who are loyal customers to the club already have the Night Force set and will swap the dishes with no problem. I definitely appreciate getting the gray dishes so we can do that swap. I'd be upset if they were changed to red.

gi_new51@hotmail.com
06-14-2014, 11:16 PM
Like many others, I would want to see green over the skin and the concept case harness. I like that the torso was changed as the turtle neck shirt did not represent the original at all. I am not overly fond of the Lifeline body though. I think the Retaliation Duke body would have been more accurate.

cardensb@hotmail.com
06-14-2014, 11:33 PM
GIJCC
Please look at your mock-up of H&R and then look at your original figure from the 80's. What is wrong with the mock-up? Check out the camo on the skin, the black rifle, the rope bag, the pack. Please re-look what you are planning.

sbrennan2@optusnet.com.au
06-15-2014, 02:38 AM
While I would prefer the concept case one, I am stuck on the upper thighs, would most of you want a figure with holes in the upper thighs where the pouches/holsters go, just like the night force Repeater? because that's what you're asking for if you want the concept case upper thighs.

cmoneycollins@gmail.com
06-15-2014, 04:40 AM
I like the concept version minus the legs. I think the Club has selected better legs for sure. The biggest factor for me to make the figure better is the head. The concept version head is better IMO. I also like the concept version web gear better.

simon.bade84@gmail.com
06-15-2014, 11:26 AM
I have to say that I am a huge fan of the FSS as a whole, and I don't generally like to complain about them as they have been very good so far. Having said that, I would be very disappointed if this is the version of Hit N' Run that we get. Please just do the Concept Case version straight as-is with green skin!

audiophoenix56@comcast.net
06-15-2014, 01:07 PM
For myself, I am such a big fan of the FSS & most of the club selections, however I was EXTREMELY disappointed when they revealed this to be their choice for Hit & Run. You promised us the concept case H&R at Joecon, and with monies being tight, this is the make or break figure for me to subscribe. So I do applaud the Club for opening things up for changes, so can you please give us the Concept Case H&R but please make sure his SKIN is PAINTED green?

gi_eddo@yahoo.com
06-15-2014, 01:26 PM
We can want all kinds of changes made, but ultimately it's up to the folks at the Collectors Club who will decide what, if anything, actually WILL change. So my question is, what does the club think is doable?

flophousefilms@shaw.ca
06-15-2014, 04:41 PM
I'm with the majority here. Green skin paint is NEEDED for this figure. We have enough generic white skinned guys wearing green, green skin paint defined the original figure and made him unique.

Both collectors as buyers and the Club (including Hasbro) as sellers have a limited amount of time left to release these kinds of figures. I say that only because us adult collectors are getting older and our interests change. I have supported the Club by buying ever Con set since 2002 and I have bought both FSS subs so far. I haven't signed up for 3 yet as I want to physically see all the figures. I really only want to pay $30 for a tiny action figure if I'm getting the best version possible.

Torso NEEDS the turtle neck collar and his skin NEEDS something, either solid green paint or a pale green paint wash which might be even better.

I appreciate the Club keeping GIJOE alive for adult collectors. I'd appreciate it EVEN MORE if they open up options to the collectors who keep them in business, such as soliciting input on parts and paint schemes. I realize one person's opinion is really only important to one person, the one giving it, but the majority should decide. If 75% of the people buying FSS 3 want green skin, the Club should go with that.

Thanks to the Club for taking input on this.

Now, about Vypra.........(blue camo)

zephin77@yahoo.com
06-15-2014, 05:01 PM
I love you Gi Joe Club you guys give us great stuff. Please listen to the majority and make some of the changes. At least the Orange on Spearhead and some shade of Green skin on Hit and Run. I'm happy with everything else

jrhbeattie@hotmail.com
06-15-2014, 07:01 PM
I'm impartial to the green skin/face because to me the concept case looks sickly to me, not like he has some kind of paint on his skin. Although I do admit to having issues seeing some colors so that may be the problem. I don't mind green along the lines of the AoCI H&R, but if he end sup looking the way the cc version looks to me, I'll have to set him up in some kind of medical facility dio.

I also understand people wanting the torso change, but may I suggest the following as to why they may have used a different torso. The torso people want is the same torso Alpine is using. That may be why the torso was changed. The tooling has to be used for a complete run of one figure, then cleaned and set up for a complete run of the other. There may be a chance that there is not time to do this, requiring a different torso for one of the figures.

I like what I'm seeing so far and my wife is paying for my subscription as a late father's day early birthday present when she gets paid on the 20th. And i do need to say this to the people on various Joe forums that demand "works of art" or perfection, guys at the end of the day it is toys. Don't expect retail price for something that is a smaller run that what a retail line would get and requires a membership to a club to get. If you need works of art, reevaluate what you want to get out of the hobby. For perfection and art you may want to look at switching to collecting Hot Toys 1:6 scale figures or statues and busts.

ozcouple@live.com
06-15-2014, 08:23 PM
Please change to concept case deco if at all possible. Especially the stubble look to the character's face, the apparently-intended green camo wash, the ult. Firefly torso, and the backpack/load out fixes.

I love supporting the Club effort...thanks for considering these changes. :)

pluv50@gmail.com
06-16-2014, 08:55 AM
The mock up you guys did is close, but in this case not close enough. The combination of the green wash over the skin, the facial hair, and the harness and duffle bag made the concept case version desirable. I love the Night Force version of Hit & Run from the Nocturnal Fire set, but it isn't what was previewed at the Con panel when Hit & Run was announced for the FSS. So not only are we not getting the concept case version, but we're feeling a little upset that we were shown one thing and then decisions were made to give us something similar instead.

rjhiii@sover.net
06-16-2014, 09:29 AM

Clearly not green, but a product of lighting- Stop whining like 5 year olds that cannot get their way, and be glad we have the option of these from the Club in the first place. And keep in mind, yes some of us are buying these for kids (and that will make your MISP go up in value). After all if the next generation is not introduced to them, doesn't fall in love with them, and does not want to collect them/pass them on to the generation after them, your collection goes down in value when nobody wants it in 30 years because there are no new collectors...

There is a third photo that does not show up in the links above click on the first picture and go back one, that has better lighting and is the best photo of the case to indicate there is no green wash, tint, or application to the face of the concept figure.

Shadowcat01@hotmail.com
06-16-2014, 11:25 AM
Clearly not green, but a product of lighting- Stop whining like 5 year olds that cannot get their way, and be glad we have the option of these from the Club in the first place. And keep in mind, yes some of us are buying these for kids (and that will make your MISP go up in value). After all if the next generation is not introduced to them, doesn't fall in love with them, and does not want to collect them/pass them on to the generation after them, your collection goes down in value when nobody wants it in 30 years because there are no new collectors...

Are you not also whining with your straw argument? HnR isn't one of my faves, so I honestly could care less about him, but for folks who love him, why should they simply settle---especially at almost $40.00 per figure? Sure, if this was a mass retail release sold at $6.00, no prob. But at this pricing; far and above Hasbro MSRP, fans expect more than just mass retail quality to justify the extreme cost of these.

Besides, when people sit back and just accept things without letting their voices be heard, improvements that could have been made would not be, so opportunities could be missed. Any creative outlet needs constructive criticism to evolve, and some of the posts like Justin's are cogent and respectful in the articulation why said change should happen. I don't know about anyone else, but I would rather people be honest about a product so it could hopefully be improved, than staying silent and wishing it was better later on.

Therefore I also would like the green camo on the skin.

justin@generalsjoes.com
06-16-2014, 11:56 AM

As I mentioned in my post above the person who actually designed the figure said to me directly that the concept of the figure was to have a light green wash over flesh skin. I will take his word for it over anyone looking at a picture on a computer screen, especially because folks seem pretty evenly divided over whether or not said photo actually has green skin or not.

As for "whining like 5 year olds" the Collectors Club is being kind enough to solicit a forum for fan feedback. Why not take advantage of that? I've seen many respectful posts here appreciating the avenue to provide our opinions, let's not denigrate that to name calling. And yes, like you, I am definitely passing the torch along to a younger generation...but I would hazard a guess that the average age of Collectors Club members is 25 - 40 (if not higher) so I think them accepting feedback from us old codgers is a great thing to do, regardless of who will end up receiving the figure itself at the end.

rjhiii@sover.net
06-16-2014, 12:34 PM
No, I am just sick of hearing we need green camo, over and over. Hit and Run with Green camo was done for the AOCI set and we already have NF Hit and Run. This is a third rendition. It is not just this thread, I am sick of hearing/reading we need the orange striped NCL, Camo on Vypra, additional red dishes on Psyche-Out etc. These changes have a direct financial impact on those producing the FSS (namely the club) and while some constructive feedback is okay, demanding major changes are not as they jeopardize the whole concept of the FSS for the future. A different shade of yellow, or blue does not cost that much, a whole new paint application may cost a serious amount, a different torso (even if available) could cost significantly more, another head sculpt (again even if available) could cost more to reproduce. The webgear could have been chosen to reduce the overall costs because it was more cost effective to reproduce etc. It boils down to buy the figures or don't. If I were in charge of the club, it would be a take it or leave it proposition. I bet most of those that were going to buy the FSS anyways would do so. The fence sitters, probably would regret not signing up afterwards as they pay more to the secondary market to get the figures they deem perfect. I also understand not everyone is whining, some are offering legitimate feedback in an appropriate way, but those vocal few complainers leave a bad impression... The feedback that I have seen appropriate is in the Spearhead thread- muted orange a compromise...

Stormshadow169@aol.com
06-16-2014, 12:47 PM
No, I am just sick of hearing we need green camo, over and over. Hit and Run with Green camo was done for the AOCI set and we already have NF Hit and Run. This is a third rendition. It is not just this thread, I am sick of hearing/reading we need the orange striped NCL, Camo on Vypra, additional red dishes on Psyche-Out etc. These changes have a direct financial impact on those producing the FSS (namely the club) and while some constructive feedback is okay, demanding major changes are not as they jeopardize the whole concept of the FSS for the future. A different shade of yellow, or blue does not cost that much, a whole new paint application may cost a serious amount, a different torso (even if available) could cost significantly more, another head sculpt (again even if available) could cost more to reproduce. The webgear could have been chosen to reduce the overall costs because it was more cost effective to reproduce etc. It boils down to buy the figures or don't. If I were in charge of the club, it would be a take it or leave it proposition. I bet most of those that were going to buy the FSS anyways would do so. The fence sitters, probably would regret not signing up afterwards as they pay more to the secondary market to get the figures they deem perfect. I also understand not everyone is whining, some are offering legitimate feedback in an appropriate way, but those vocal few complainers leave a bad impression... The feedback that I have seen appropriate is in the Spearhead thread- muted orange a compromise...

Then stop reading. I like both versions, but if the club asks directly for our feedback, we are gonna give it. It doesn't mean they will give everything we are asking for, but the will try within their means to accommodate us on what we want, not like we will have to pay more for HnR just because they have to modify a figure that hasn't been produced. We are all fans here, a simple yes or no to the changes will do, no need for calling anyone out. SMH.........

julestobin@gmail.com
06-16-2014, 04:56 PM
I've seen many respectful posts here appreciating the avenue to provide our opinions...This is true. If anything...do you really want the figures??? Take a close look at the FSS HIT & RUN ...then take a good look at Assault on Cobra Island HIT & RUN... As I already mentioned in this thread...I already have HIT & RUN!

madmac41@hotmail.com
06-16-2014, 05:21 PM
I for one truly hope that the GIJCC goes with the concept case build as they stated they would, That body and the gear is the Ultimate Hit & Run in my book and the kind of figures we should be getting with the FSS. I would prefer him to have the face and arm camo but that isn't as important to me as the figures construction.

pyre@pyresdomain.net
06-16-2014, 06:00 PM
To a lot of people, the AOCI Hit & Run is a pretty poor figure. This is a chance to make up for that. I'm pretty sure that was the whole purpose of that concept version to begin with. But yeah, if we don't need this Hit & Run then I guess we don't need that Leatherneck, Destro, Beachhead, or Flint in the 50th line either since we've already got those characters from the 25th line. smh

Stormshadow169@aol.com
06-16-2014, 06:23 PM
To a lot of people, the AOCI Hit & Run is a pretty poor figure. This is a chance to make up for that. I'm pretty sure that was the whole purpose of that concept version to begin with. But yeah, if we don't need this Hit & Run then I guess we don't need that Leatherneck, Destro, Beachhead, or Flint in the 50th line either since we've already got those characters from the 25th line. smh
It is a pretty bad figure, but with simply switching the hands and using an exacto knife to shave the insides of the elbows, I turned him into a great figure. Changed his webgear and gave him the vintage duffel bag and he is pretty awesome.

But, I do understand why most want the concept figure and support that decision. Either way, I'm happy to be getting joes!!

justin@generalsjoes.com
06-16-2014, 07:50 PM
This is true. If anything...do you really want the figures??? Take a close look at the FSS HIT & RUN ...then take a good look at Assault on Cobra Island HIT & RUN... As I already mentioned in this thread...I already have HIT & RUN!

Yeah, but the Cobra Island Hit & Run is a terrible, terrible figure! I want a GOOD one that looks like the vintage one. Is that too much to ask? ;)

justin@generalsjoes.com
06-16-2014, 07:54 PM
It is a pretty bad figure, but with simply switching the hands and using an exacto knife to shave the insides of the elbows, I turned him into a great figure. Changed his webgear and gave him the vintage duffel bag and he is pretty awesome.

But, I do understand why most want the concept figure and support that decision. Either way, I'm happy to be getting joes!!

As am I... as I've been saying, maybe it's my own fault for getting so attached to the Concept Case version... Hit & Run is my favorite character, and I absolutely love that version of him, and when he was shown in the Convention slideshow, I thought that just maybe I'd finally get him. It's just really disappointing to be expecting that for the past few months, and end up with what is being shown.

Considering the fan survey I ran a couple of years ago got terrific results, and Hit & Run was the third most popular figure there, I thought that would be a good indication that the concept case version should be reproduced as closely as possible. The Club is, of course, free to make their own decisions, but there is obviously a demand for some alterations. I'm hoping they are being considered.

At the end of the day, it's just a toy, and I can live with whatever we get, but I just hope if the Club can feasibly alter their formula it would go a long way towards fan relations to do it.

Stormshadow169@aol.com
06-16-2014, 09:06 PM
As am I... as I've been saying, maybe it's my own fault for getting so attached to the Concept Case version... Hit & Run is my favorite character, and I absolutely love that version of him, and when he was shown in the Convention slideshow, I thought that just maybe I'd finally get him. It's just really disappointing to be expecting that for the past few months, and end up with what is being shown.

Considering the fan survey I ran a couple of years ago got terrific results, and Hit & Run was the third most popular figure there, I thought that would be a good indication that the concept case version should be reproduced as closely as possible. The Club is, of course, free to make their own decisions, but there is obviously a demand for some alterations. I'm hoping they are being considered.

At the end of the day, it's just a toy, and I can live with whatever we get, but I just hope if the Club can feasibly alter their formula it would go a long way towards fan relations to do it.

Well put, which is why I'm voting CC version to support the majority's demands. I still see an awesome Lt. Falcon in the clubs mock up......lol

shill2801@yahoo.com
06-17-2014, 12:16 PM
Thanks for posting and accepting suggestions. First, I'd change the upper-torso to use what was in the concept case version (ultimate firefly's), same for the upper legs.

Also, the webgear from the concept case should be used, as well as the correct backpack.

Is the concept case headsculpt different than the Night Force one? If so, I'd prefer (if at all possible) that headsculpt.

In short: Make the figure on the left (concept case) as shown. Thank you.

I second this!

Thanks.

steve.johnson38@gmail.com
06-18-2014, 09:28 AM
Put me down as another one humbly asking for the something more like the Concept Case H&R....

dgmgundam@yahoo.com
06-19-2014, 06:06 PM
Perhaps, after Botcon and the Club has had an opportunity to recoup from the event they will turn their attention back to this issue. It would be waste- on many levels, to pass up the opportunity to make some changes to Hit and Run as we requested.

Obtaindisdain@yahoo.com
06-20-2014, 12:40 AM
Although I'm splitting my FSS, I do agree Hit & Run should be the Concept Case version. Or at least the green skin. Is there a place to vote? Or are we only voicing in this thread?

jimsnow70@aol.com
06-20-2014, 04:51 PM
I'm fine with the figure itself, just add the green paint and he's good.

ozcouple@live.com
06-21-2014, 12:12 AM
Concept case with harness and duffle bag, pretty please! But I'll take the torso change and face paint using the NF head, if need be. And better than nothing would be green face paint over anything. Thanks for considering!

#restorethefaith

kelty11@verizon.net
06-21-2014, 10:55 AM
I've looked at that Concept case picture over and over and I don't see green face paint. True there is an olive tinge to the skin tone but no green paint. If there is green paint it must be very lightly applied.

cardensb@hotmail.com
06-21-2014, 03:15 PM
If anyone has worn the issued loam and light green skin camouflage, you may remember that the light green fades after a few hours. I remember reapplying it often after sweating it off.

garbognar@gmail.com
06-23-2014, 03:19 PM
For me, this is still the one figure holding down an otherwise stellar lineup. Each reveal has been better than the last, making me sadder about H&R each time. I guess I am one of those that this was absolutely my number 1 for this FSS and I am still holding out hope for something much closer to the CV version.

jasisson@msn.com
06-23-2014, 05:30 PM
For me, this is still the one figure holding down an otherwise stellar lineup. Each reveal has been better than the last, making me sadder about H&R each time. I guess I am one of those that this was absolutely my number 1 for this FSS and I am still holding out hope for something much closer to the CV version.

+1 exactly

I really don't think that it needs that much tweaking - yes, the Firefly torso would probably be better, but the Lifeline torso is one of the best from the 30th collection. But, any kind of H&R needs green camo on his face & arms - even if it were concept case exactly, I would still want my vintage H&R to have a green face & arms.

He also needs a better backpack - even the NF Con web gear/backpack was ok - but the one in the mock up just doesn't work ( on several different levels)

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
06-23-2014, 07:56 PM
Was expecting something different.... Oh well, with the stripes instead of the jersey cow camouflage he'll be Tiger Force Hit and Run.:p

ozcouple@live.com
06-23-2014, 09:46 PM

You are not alone. 100% agreed. Please Club...fix HnR!

dgmgundam@yahoo.com
06-26-2014, 01:23 PM
Any updates in this regards?

townleys@cableone.net
06-26-2014, 01:57 PM
H&R needs his face paint and some tweaking. Get rid of the backpack and keep the grappling hooks and robes. A satchel instead of a backpack would be preferred as well as his original green knife.

gpgreenoe@gmail.com
06-27-2014, 10:54 AM
And PLEASE consider the Firefly torso instead. It makes a world of difference in how the character looks aesthetically.

funpubincadmin
06-27-2014, 11:03 AM
Hello Everyone!

Thanks for all your feedback and interest in the GIJCC: Figure Subscription Service 3.0 selections. Upon reviewing your comments for HIT & RUN, we have made some changes that we feel best represent the majority of requests we have received.

Please see the updated image. In addition, we appreciate your passion and comments. Thanks again for being so involved in the G.I. Joe Brand.