View Full Version : FSS 3.0 Preview 6 -- COBRA COURIER: VYPRA

Commander_Lane
06-11-2014, 12:01 PM

COBRA COURIER: VYPRA
- 25th Anniversary Style/Fully Poseable Action Figure
- Based on the Version 1 Action Figure from 1998
- Includes Cobra Logo Stand, Computer Case with Submachine Gun,
Submachine Gun with Suppressor, Swords, Backpack

(Note: Photo depicts prototype and final product may slightly differ.)

rjhiii@sover.net
06-11-2014, 12:08 PM
Nice! Better than I thought. I think she will be a favorite of my niece.

jedijones77@yahoo.com
06-11-2014, 12:29 PM
This is disappointing. The main body looks like a solid blue compared to the original's cool camo pattern that faded in and out from black to gray to blue. This one looks bland in comparison. Even compared to other solid blue figures, this color choice is one of the duller blues we've ever seen on a Cobra.

steve.2477@hotmail.com
06-11-2014, 12:31 PM
Its good, but not my favourite, I am still subbing though.

Shadowcat01@hotmail.com
06-11-2014, 12:41 PM
I like it and I'm very happy we're getting another female, but I have two issues: The deco looks a bit boring, and I would have preferred something a bit more interesting, or even solid black. But that's not really a big deal. My main gripe is, I really wish better legs had been chosen. Those Renegades Scarlett legs are disproportionate by having the upper legs too long and the lower legs beneath the knees too short. (They also look like she’s wearing tacky sweat pants with combat boots.) I remember talking to John Warden and Derryl DePriest about this and they weren’t sure how the legs got screwed up. While certainly not a deal breaker and I’m still very happy to get her, I just wish she either had the Jinx legs, or that better vetting was done for her leg choices. (Similar to the legs Muskrat and many other use, one leg is shorter than the other.)

…But of course, there would inevitably be some complaints that “She’s just a straight Jinx repaint!" if they used the Jinx legs, so you can’t please everyone. ;)

rjhiii@sover.net
06-11-2014, 12:46 PM
This is disappointing. The main body looks like a solid blue compared to the original's cool camo pattern that faded in and out from black to gray to blue. This one looks bland in comparison. Even compared to other solid blue figures, this color choice is one of the duller blues we've ever seen on a Cobra.

I for one actually did not like the Camo to the original. I think this would fit in better with the early line as represented by Sunbow and MARVEL. I thought the original Vypra was a cheap repaint at the time and passed on it ( of course I was past my playing with days, and at a pre collecting point). This one I like and would buy on its own had I not already subscribed to FSS 3.0, and since I am buying the ME figures for my niece and nephew to play with and enjoy, I think this one will fit the bill. I can see Vypra being the new driver of the Steel Crusher...

kelty11@verizon.net
06-11-2014, 01:07 PM
I think this a great figure. I concur with previous the poster that she fits in perfectly with the early Joe style. She also looks similar to the Blue Ninjas from the recent IDW series. To everyone who says she is straight Jinx repaint, then what was the original if not a Jinx repaint. That figure even had all of Jinx's weapons.

rjhiii@sover.net
06-11-2014, 01:30 PM
Just a quick request, and I realize it is probably too late, but I have to ask anyway. Any chance of getting the Destro money packs in the briefcase for this cobra courier. She could be making a cash drop for extensive Enterprises, ARBCO, or MARS... Never have too many of those money packs...

skintat2@hotmail.com
06-11-2014, 02:18 PM
Yet another fine piece!!!! I'm so excited to get all of these-can't pick a favorite, they're all awesome!

gi_eddo@yahoo.com
06-11-2014, 02:52 PM
I think it looks pretty sweet. I never liked the original faded camo look. All of the 1998 TOYS R US figures just looked cheap in my opinion. This looks like a great update.

luchian@devisraad.com
06-11-2014, 06:42 PM
Not feeling this one at all. And I really liked the original.

allewebay@earthlink.net
06-11-2014, 08:36 PM
She's all right. If it was in the budget, I'd had appreciated getting some sweet dragon tampos on her uniform, similar to the variant SDCC Jinx figure.

manolive@hotmail.com
06-11-2014, 09:03 PM
Just a quick request, and I realize it is probably too late, but I have to ask anyway. Any chance of getting the Destro money packs in the briefcase for this cobra courier. She could be making a cash drop for extensive Enterprises, ARBCO, or MARS... Never have too many of those money packs...

Actually I think that's the case PoC Hawk came with. So it's got a computer and the little MAC-10(I think, I'm a blade guy not a gun guy) inside it.

I'm a little let down too. I will always prefer camo to no camo. But hopefully it'll be more of a brighter blue like the PoC/30th troopers were. Still, she's started like #11 on the list for me, picture hasn't changed that opinion. Probably never open her up.

Stormshadow169@aol.com
06-11-2014, 11:33 PM
I will still get the sub because over all I love what the club has done. And I never said it before, but I loved fss 2 mystery figure!! If you give me 13 joes to buy and I only dislike 2, I'm still very happy with that. Thanks to the club, GI Joe will live forever. Thanks for all you do.

gi_eddo@yahoo.com
06-11-2014, 11:35 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if the reason we got so many Repaints this time is so they could produce an awesome 13th figure like say, Pythona? How many people do you think would be pissed off for not signing up this time? Haha..

ericfu13@hotmail.com
06-12-2014, 12:47 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if the reason we got so many Repaints this time is so they could produce an awesome 13th figure like say, Pythona? How many people do you think would be pissed off for not signing up this time? Haha..

According to the Club and from what a couple guys at Boss Fight Studios have said, we're not going to be disappointed with the 13th figure. Although, someone is always disappointed with the Joe Club so...

On to Vypra: she wasn't one of the figures that I was excited for when FSS 3 was announced but I was excited to see the mock up. After seeing the mock up, my opinion hasn't changed. Maybe the color will look better in hand (that happens for me every year with the sub) but until then she's my least favorite. Besides the color choice, I love the leg/foot switch and the gear.

technostingray@yahoo.com
06-12-2014, 03:03 AM
I like it! All the figures so far(except Night Creeper Leader color) have been really great.

jtfowler78@gmail.com
06-12-2014, 04:04 PM
I dig it. I would want a smaller submachine gun and a smaller head. Like the head from the 25th black storm shadow.

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
06-12-2014, 04:47 PM
I didn't know who this character was until it was announced that she was is FSS 3, at which point I began researching her. After that I decided she would not be interesting to me at all without her vehicle so I went to ebay and purchased her jeep in preparation for the new figure. I think I would prefer that she appear in her original blue camo pattern. I think it would help further contrast this character from the Jinx figure it is based on. But I still like it enough as shown that I am not disappointed nor regret that I bought a jeep for her.

meanmugginloco@yahoo.com
06-13-2014, 01:27 AM

Would be awesome if it was Pythona, but I'm leaning towards it being Billy.

Second/third guesses would be Night Force Lightfoot or Night Force Sneak Peek.

scott@getlinkednow.com
06-13-2014, 08:50 PM
Perhaps an unmasked head, or a gray camm pattern on the outfit?

ironheart@earthlink.net
06-14-2014, 02:00 AM
I like the parts you chose for this figure but the color scheme is just too drab. It's very disappointing not to have the swirly black and blue color or her original toy, and I hope you can still make that change.

rjhiii@sover.net
06-14-2014, 05:09 AM
I actually like this color scheme better than the cheap faded camo look of the original. It looks like it fits more into the Marvel/Sunbow world and not the cheap "foreign knock-off" look of the original. I am excited about this figure, maybe a tweak to the shade of blue, but do not ruin it by trying to match purists who want the exact repo. This one is much better. If you have to give in on any of them the NCL would be the one, and a compromise on Hit and Run to the concept case version/accessories. Don't mess up this one- it is one of the best in my opinion of this set.

ctaylor66@hotmail.com
06-14-2014, 03:28 PM
Right now this figure is Meh to me. I think if you really want to make it a star of the FSS 3, the following changes would be needed:

1. Please make the paint a digital Blue/grey camo look. You could use the upcoming 50th Vamp MKII as an example of the blue/grey digital camo look that would make this figure pop. Plus it would be a tribute to her original role which was the rattler driver.

2. Include an unmasked head. The Ret. Lady Jaye head with a little different skin tone and muted lipstick would be awesome.

I think these changes would sell more figures.

rjhiii@sover.net
06-14-2014, 05:40 PM
Keep in mind I support the Club and would buy the FSS regardless- If it was an individual piece with digital camo- not special, if it is a throwback to the original I definitely would be looking to have someone repaint it or trade it. I really like this version. It has a classic ARAH feel to it, making the character fit into the original Joeverse. The line lost its momentum when they started putting neon colored figures out, weird concept vehicles and figure repaints like the original Vypra. Sometimes an update means a new figure all together. People should stop whining, crying and acting like a 5 year old that has been told no in a store. Be thankful that we have the opportunity to buy these very good figures from the Club so the line does not die all together. Although the unmasked head of Lady Jaye without the hat would be a great bonus, but again not necessary.

ecgrohs@gmail.com
06-14-2014, 09:20 PM
Some sort of digital camo for the pants or the vintage swirly look would be awesome! Any chance you have access to the SDCC White Jinx head to use as an alternate?

It's pretty forgettable as is.

gi_new51@hotmail.com
06-14-2014, 11:19 PM
I think the camo would have been a better option. I changed the arms and legs as well, but only did that since I was in Photoshop anyway.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo322/capt_falcone/vypra2.jpg (http://s388.photobucket.com/user/capt_falcone/media/vypra2.jpg.html)

rjhiii@sover.net
06-15-2014, 11:29 AM
I wouldn't not buy the photoshopped one above, looks as cheap as the original version. I think The FSS sticks to its guns on the whole set, and releases the "other options discussed" as part of a convention set including the NCL1 an ugly, true to original, remake of Vypra. I think the concept case Hit and Run might be a future Hasbro offering, maybe for the GI Joe 3 movie? or a second wave of the 50th...

kelty11@verizon.net
06-15-2014, 11:31 AM
I never liked the camo Vypra. To me it looked as if she were wearing a denim ninja outfit.

rjhiii@sover.net
06-15-2014, 03:40 PM
While I would stick to my gun-To give the club a better indication/perspective on this figure (and the FSS 3.0 as a whole)-look at BBTS which is doing a pre-order for these figures for non Club Members in an a la carte way. Vypra, Muskrat, and Psych-out pre orders sold out after the reveals, Repeater, Bombstrike, Slice, and Crimson Guard Immortal sold out before the reveals Big Ben, Hit and Run, Alpine, Spearhead, and NCL have preorder availability left. This indicates that the most sought after by GI Joe fans/collectors are the ones that sold out before the reveal. Those four are probably the deal breaker figures for people. The three that sold out after the reveals indicate designs the fans really like and put their money where their mouths are. Big Ben not being sold out indicates the base is not sold on the figure/character and the nature of collectors is to wait until the reveal. Those that have been revealed, and have not sold out, are the ones the club should focus any changes on, since AFTER the reveal collectors are not sold on them or didn't want them to begin with. If I were the club, I would not change those that have sold out after the reveals, and would make sure those that have are true to original home runs. I watched them as they began to sell out as I check BBTS everyday two or three times in hopes that someone cancelled their "Danger at the Docks" preorder and one becomes available. It hasn't yet, but I keep hoping...

madmac41@hotmail.com
06-16-2014, 06:07 PM
Looks great. Great parts selection.

rsoucie1@hotmail.com
06-18-2014, 04:38 PM
The metallic blue on the sword hilts does it for me. I like how it stands out and mingles with the muted blues of the actual figure. Excellent mock up.

townleys@cableone.net
06-26-2014, 02:10 PM
Some light cameo would be preferred, but not necessary. I would like to see her Naganita (sp?) in some take apart or collapsible way, so it fits in her computer case with some large denominations of cash.

rew97@live.com
06-26-2014, 03:22 PM

I would be very upset if Pythona were the 13th figure. I'm into G.I. Joe for the military stuff (maybe a little ninja stuff.) and Pythona as well as the rest of Cobra La would be better suited for the MOTU or Thundercats universes. Also Vypra looks fine as is, glad they did not use the jinx legs as the foot holes are not deep enough to fit onto the pegs on her base.