PDA

View Full Version : FSS Night Creeper Leader: What color?

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
06-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Lots of discussion about this. I'm giving you three options:
Orange and Black
Purple and Yellow
Muted Purple with Yellow

manolive@hotmail.com
06-04-2014, 10:00 PM
I'm torn. Can't stand the Lakers Colors. And as a Pittsburgh Penguins fan, I don't like any thing in Flyers orange either. Still, v1 I think would be better. At least if he had some striped pants he looks like a tiger.

tom_omahony@yahoo.com
06-05-2014, 03:45 AM
I just don't understand the motivation.

Night Creeper Leader is known for so little aside from being the boss of the Night Creepers during the Ninja Force line and then having a brief run in the Transformers vs. GI Joe miniseries. The whole time, it was in his orange and black duds.

Is the purple and yellow scheme being chosen because it's someone's favorite? If so, that's a pretty shallow reason to not go with his more popular look.

It's not like the FSS has to meet some sort of 'aesthetic appeal' for shelf display, so 'parent's don't get confused/think their kids already own this one'. We're all adults, and the choices should - within reason - reflect our tastes.

I feel it's really important to emphasize - I'm a Joe fan-come-lately. I see 90-94 as my years so I feel I speak with sincerity and love for them.

shaolin3600@gmail.com
06-05-2014, 04:27 AM
Orange and Black gets my vote, its his most well known look and the one that I think the bulk of fans will identify with the most

Barronfel@aol.com
06-05-2014, 04:44 AM
I want him in his original colors. But I also want him in more traditional night creeper colors. So what they should do is release him twice, just like they originally did.

raginspoon@yahoo.com
06-05-2014, 05:40 AM
My vote is for the black and orange version. The tiger stripes are a must as well.

troynos@gmail.com
06-05-2014, 05:45 AM
Black and orange tiger stripes. No contest. This has the Surefire feeling to it, a character that really wasn't on my of the fan's wish lists (in this case, a deco pattern) but ends up getting made.

http://www.yojoe.com/action/93/nightcreeperleader.shtml

ecgrohs@gmail.com
06-05-2014, 07:05 AM
Orange and black all the way. Would the club actually have the time to make the change or is this just something we wish would have happened?

justin@generalsjoes.com
06-05-2014, 07:15 AM
Can they even do the tiger stripes, though? That would be a whole other paint application, right? Thus, more money... it's not like they can just swap colors and use the same paint masks.

I have no insight, but I suspect they did this version to save some cash on doing the extra paint apps for the tiger stripes. So instead of getting an accurate '94 version, we'd be getting an inaccurate '93 version with no camouflage. Is that what folks want?

pyro671402@comcast.net
06-05-2014, 07:24 AM
This makes way more sense than any of those options!

http://www.halfbattle.com/pics/ncl.jpg

marccallison@gmail.com
06-05-2014, 08:39 AM
If it is possible this late in the process, I'd prefer to see the figure in orange/black, like from the comic:

nickvree@yahoo.com
06-05-2014, 08:52 AM
No interest in the purple version; orange and black is where it's at!

However, I DO NOT want TWO NCLs ever; if this does not change in FSS 3, please do not put the orange/black one in FSS 4,5,6, etc, nor in a convention set.

ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET
06-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Not a fan of the ninja stuff much less purple and yellow outfit.

portelli21@gmail.com
06-05-2014, 09:31 AM
Black and orange with tiger stripes would be MUCH better. The club claims to listen to its members, so hopefully they realize what the majority wants in this case.

autumnmourning@hotmail.com
06-05-2014, 09:41 AM
I admit I'm all right with a purple and yellow ninja, but I have a significant preference for the black and orange outfit and if it could still be changed at this point, that'd be glory.

allewebay@earthlink.net
06-05-2014, 09:50 AM
The more I see this preview figure of NCL the more dissatisfied I am with the v2 deco. I just don't like the yellow boots/armwraps and webgear. In addition, I know coloring the top of his head to simulate a skullcap and giving him the tiger striped v1 pants would be extra paint decos out of the budget, but I think it would make a world of difference in making the figure the best it could be. Just my opinion...

bharrisfan@gmail.com
06-05-2014, 09:52 AM
orange/black/tiger stripes for sure. way more interesting coloration.
aside from the purple and yellow being more bland, it also looks too much like Tjbang

portelli21@gmail.com
06-05-2014, 10:13 AM
Is there even a chance they change it? A comment from the club would be nice.

slipknotx540@hotmail.com
06-05-2014, 10:26 AM
WTF one of my favorites from my childhood by far! Must have him Orange and Black...very sad they chose v2 BOOOO

jagermonster72@sky.com
06-05-2014, 10:35 AM
it's got to be orange and black , when the club announced that this figure was in the line up I got quite excited at the prospect , only to see the v2 colours , figure itself is fine , colour is not !!!!!this is my first fss , please club , sort it out !!!!!

jay.r.taylor@gmail.com
06-05-2014, 10:44 AM
Definitely orange for me. Night Creeper Leader was one of my favorite Battle Corps era figures, and I figure this is probably the only shot we have at him, so I'd much prefer the classic look.

This figure turned out great, the only thing keeping him from being a "10" in my book is the color.

kelty11@verizon.net
06-05-2014, 11:01 AM
I would prefer the Orange and black as well. The Purple and yellow is so garish and reminds me of the Street Fighter figures from 1993.

meanmugginloco@yahoo.com
06-05-2014, 11:02 AM
I understand the club is doing what they can in making figures.. But this FSS is a wash. It's repainted Nocturnal Fire and then some. Yeah yeah, ARAH/original colors only not, etc.

Why make NCL in his 2nd release and less favorable color scheme is baffling. The people subscribing should have more of a voice in dictating some of these figures and hopefully the club listens to the polls so far that are involved with the figure's color schemes.

NCL looks more like T'Jbang's tag team partner right now and less like NCL.

Fmlyman69@cox.net
06-05-2014, 01:08 PM
Orange & Black works for me.

gi_eddo@yahoo.com
06-05-2014, 01:10 PM
I think the purple and yellow are fine. Just change the head. ;)

jedijones77@yahoo.com
06-05-2014, 02:01 PM
I quit collecting Joe before his figure ever came out, so I have no attachment to any particular version. The purple one fits better for a leader of the Night Creepers, who are purple themselves. I don't think either color scheme is all that pleasant to look at. And quite frankly a 3rd, original color scheme might suit him better. Some of these neon '90s figures should be reimagined and improved, including the coloring, into something that better fits into the aesthetics of the classic 1980s Joe line. The '80s line would've been a major bomb if all the figures had been done in neon, flourescent, day-glo colors like the '90s figures were. There's a reason Joe declined in popularity in the '90s. It's not wise to remake unpopular figures without improving their flaws unless you want to repeat the poor sales they had in the first place.

jimsnow70@aol.com
06-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Orange & black all the way!!!

krhughes84@gmail.com
06-05-2014, 03:24 PM
Definitely orange/black!

juliocarmine@gmail.com
06-05-2014, 03:35 PM
Orange and black is the proper night creeper leader. It would be amazing if this could get changed. Please make it happen! The figure looks great, just needs the orange and black!!

allewebay@earthlink.net
06-05-2014, 03:47 PM
Here's a poor digibash I made of v1 Night Creeper Leader in orange and black. Please excuse the roughness and color. I hope the club will consider changing it to something like this:

http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii493/RedAlbot/gijcc-fss-3-night-creeper-leader---orange_zps032031cc.jpg

portelli21@gmail.com
06-05-2014, 04:09 PM
You beat me to it! Here's mine...

allewebay@earthlink.net
06-05-2014, 04:14 PM
You beat me to it! Here's mine...

Oh man I like yours alot better, especially with the sharper tiger stripes and colors! Please make a Night Creeper Leader like Azzurro21's excellent digibash Funpub!

portelli21@gmail.com
06-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Oh man I like yours alot better, especially with the sharper tiger stripes!!!

Come on JoeClub, make the change! Pleeeeeaase!!

steve.2477@hotmail.com
06-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Oh man I like yours alot better, especially with the sharper tiger stripes and colors! Please make a Night Creeper Leader like Azzurro21's excellent digibash Funpub!

This actually does look better than the purple/yellow outfit. Orange/black all the way for me.

zephin77@yahoo.com
06-05-2014, 05:38 PM
I voted to keep it the way he is but I would be happy with orange and black also. Just don't do muted purple and yellow. Stay true to the figures. I think it looks great.

dvlyohko@gmail.com
06-05-2014, 06:37 PM
I voted for the purple/yellow scheme. It is a great modern version of V2 NCL.

^_^_^

alyoshas_corner@yahoo.com
06-05-2014, 07:50 PM
I've got to say, I'd prefer the orange and black paint scheme UNLESS that's being held for something down the line. I am not grousing per se, just saying that was my preference. Also, if you stick with this color scheme, please add a silver paint app to his dome to infer a skullcap. Thanks and keep up the good work GIJCC!

MajorGibroni@gmail.com
06-05-2014, 07:59 PM
I picked orange and black. I can't stand bad guys wearing purple unless they are Batman villains.

gijoecollector1972@yahoo.com
06-05-2014, 08:55 PM
voted orange and black, the purple and yellow remind me too much of Mindbender v2

gi_eddo@yahoo.com
06-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Which ever one they decide to produce, they need to add the black skull cap. I don't like the bald head

manolive@hotmail.com
06-05-2014, 09:29 PM
Is there even a chance they change it? A comment from the club would be nice.

Here's your answer from the "official" NCL post:

Please note that all the FSS 3.0 previews are Photoshop color mock-ups. The actual plastic colors will be muted and not neon. We can make slight adjustments but not additional colors and/or camo as this increases production time and costs.

Black and orange with tiger stripes would be MUCH better. The club claims to listen to its members, so hopefully they realize what the majority wants in this case.

You've got to remember this isn't a club like The Rotary Club, a bunch of people with similar interests voting on things. But a club like Sam's Club, you just get to buy what they offer. Nothing wrong with that. But once you know the rules, playing the game is a lot easier.

BTW, your photoshop was sweet! I may use it as a template to make mine look like that.

dave@podjasek.com
06-05-2014, 09:42 PM
I like the purple and yellow. But I must admit I have no serious attachment to the character... but I do really like this figure.

enforcr98@aol.com
06-06-2014, 01:55 PM
I voted orange and black. I like it better than the purple and yellow/gold.
As long as the orange and black has the top of the head painted black to make it look like the skull cap.

I like him either way though. But it would be cool if the club could get it changed before production started.

cardensb@hotmail.com
06-06-2014, 02:02 PM
I already have TJbang...

gi_eddo@yahoo.com
06-06-2014, 02:03 PM
I'm starting to like the orange one more now. I change my vote to the orange.....as long as it has the black stripes and black skull cap.

Shadowcat01@hotmail.com
06-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Orange and black tiger stripe for me too, and an overwhelming number of people want this version. It's too bad the deco couldn't have been subtlety gauged with the community before the decision was made to go with the yellow and purple. That way the figure's inclusion in 3.0 would still be a surprise until announced, but fans would get the color the majority wanted.

mamu.nestor@gmail.com
06-06-2014, 05:25 PM
I dunno. I hate the orange and black. The Purple goes better with the Night Creepers... Makes more sense to me.

Shadowcat01@hotmail.com
06-06-2014, 10:24 PM
Hey, why was my second post deleted?

Posting it again:

Is that what folks want?

Survey says: Yes!

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
06-07-2014, 05:09 AM
Hey, why was my second post deleted?

The Club didn't like it for one reason or another. It spoke ill of the Club, Hasbro, Hasbro Staff or Club Staff. The reasons are not limited to that, nor expressed as that in the rules, but that is what they mean by:

We (GIJCC Staff, and the volunteer moderators) reserve the right to edit/remove inappropriate messages, or to lock a discussion thread.

portelli21@gmail.com
06-07-2014, 10:28 AM
Here's your answer from the "official" NCL post:

You've got to remember this isn't a club like The Rotary Club, a bunch of people with similar interests voting on things. But a club like Sam's Club, you just get to buy what they offer. Nothing wrong with that. But once you know the rules, playing the game is a lot easier.

BTW, your photoshop was sweet! I may use it as a template to make mine look like that.

I completely understand but it would be nice if the club listened to their paying members/customers like they claim to do. Or at least address the issue and consider it.

gi_eddo@yahoo.com
06-07-2014, 11:26 AM
It's not that I dislike the purple and yellow version, it's actually quite good. I just think they could tweak it to make it better. If they have to go with the Serpentor head, at least make it look a bit different by adding a different paint app to it.

Shadowcat01@hotmail.com
06-07-2014, 12:54 PM
The Club didn't like it for one reason or another. It spoke ill of the Club, Hasbro, Hasbro Staff or Club Staff. The reasons are not limited to that, nor expressed as that in the rules, but that is what they mean by:

Nothing at all inappropriate in what I said in those three words, unless someone didn't like the nod to Bob Barker. (???)

technostingray@yahoo.com
06-07-2014, 06:38 PM
The Night Creeper Leader went from one I was most excited for...... to one of my least.
Needs to be Orange and Black!

leo@joebattlelines.com
06-09-2014, 10:55 AM
Yeah, it looks like Tiger Striped is taking this by a Cobra-La mile.

Why not? After all-- tiger-striped is Grrr-reat!

portelli21@gmail.com
06-09-2014, 04:34 PM
Yeah, it looks like Tiger Striped is taking this by a Cobra-La mile.

Why not? After all-- tiger-striped is Grrr-reat!

The Orange/Black has been what the majority wants here and on many other Joe forums but the club has not made any announcements in regard to Night Creeper Leader, which leads me to believe they are ignoring us.

madmac41@hotmail.com
06-09-2014, 06:22 PM
Nothing at all inappropriate in what I said in those three words, unless someone didn't like the nod to Bob Barker. (???)

I think you mean Richard Dawson from Family Feud.

jtfowler78@gmail.com
06-10-2014, 12:09 AM
Its not too late to change the color, or even the look, of NCL. Also money isn't the issue. We pay over $28 per figure. The Club store sells them at a later time. Also right now I have found 2 of their affiliated 3rd party online vendor taking preorders for FSS3.0 individual figures. Also these are DTC figures, so there is no portion of the cost going to a middle man like TRU, Target etc.

funpubincadmin
06-10-2014, 11:41 AM
We appreciate your feedback and opinions on the subject. However, there seems to be some confusion and off topic posts that require us to close this discussion.

Please be aware that this thread included an unofficial poll and not a poll/survey conducted by the GIJCC Staff (per GIJCC Forum Guidelines #9).

The final numbers do not out weight previous feedback or the actual orders based on the FSS 3.0 previews to date. We will make some adjustments to the final figure but not a complete deco change.