PDA

View Full Version : FSS 3.0 Preview 3 -- COBRA SUPREME NINJA MASTER: NIGHT CREEPER LEADER!

Commander_Lane
06-04-2014, 12:00 PM

COBRA SUPREME NINJA MASTER: NIGHT CREEPER LEADER
- 25th Anniversary Style/Fully Poseable Action Figure
- Based on Variant Action Figure from 1994
- Includes Cobra Logo Stand, Removable Blindfold,
Submachine Guns, Crossbow, Ninja Swords,
Throwing Stars, Kunai Blades

(Note: Photo depicts prototype and final product may slightly differ.)

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
06-04-2014, 12:03 PM
This may just be me, may just be the picture, the blue(?) looks way over the top with the orange(?). Maybe tone the blue(?) down a little.

(I'm colorblind, if the colors are not what I described them as, correct me)

marccallison@gmail.com
06-04-2014, 12:12 PM
good job using existing parts but man wish it was orange/black.

boostergold5@gmail.com
06-04-2014, 12:14 PM
Gooo Lakers!!

funpubincadmin
06-04-2014, 12:26 PM
This may just be me, may just be the picture, the blue(?) looks way over the top with the orange(?). Maybe tone the blue(?) down a little.

The NCL figure deco is based on the 1994 version, which the base colors are purple and yellow.

Shadowcat01@hotmail.com
06-04-2014, 12:47 PM
Not feeling this one. The colors are too bland and simplistic. Out of curiosity, what was the reasoning behind the selection of 1994 version instead of the 1993? All the Modern Era Night Creepers have tiger stripes on their pants, so the orange and black tiger striped '93 version would have been a perfect match to carry on that aesthetic. This purple and yellow just seems out of place with no rhyme or reason, and no consistency. :(

kelty11@verizon.net
06-04-2014, 12:49 PM

I think it is actually purple, but I hope it is toned down a bit. That color is way too neon for my liking. It is an interesting version to use. I was actually expecting 1993 black and orange coloring based on the slide shown by the club. It also kind of fits with the Ninja Force concept and its a fantastic use of parts. I'm just glad it wasn't the DIC version (Night Creeper with 90's So. Cal. sunglasses).

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
06-04-2014, 01:08 PM
I also thought the orange & black version was the best (plus they was his original colors), but it was announced they were using v2, so this was no surprise. I think they chose pretty good parts and accessories for what they were trying to replicate. I suppose the orange & black version will be in a convention set or something in a few years.
Looking forward to more reveals. Do we get another one tomorrow or Friday?

steve.2477@hotmail.com
06-04-2014, 03:41 PM
I like him, but hes not one of the ones I would have wanted in the character list, nevermind still subbing to this FSS.

Next reveal is Friday I believe.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
06-04-2014, 03:50 PM
The NCL figure deco is based on the 1994 version, which the base colors are purple and yellow.

Well, first things first, thank you.

Second, as I said, the purple may not need to be so iridescent.

As you said, this figure is only based upon the original, you can tone it back.

jimsnow70@aol.com
06-04-2014, 03:58 PM
We need a poll! Version 1 orange & black vs version 2 purple & yellow (my vote goes for orange & black).

allewebay@earthlink.net
06-04-2014, 04:44 PM
/\ I must concur, like the build of the figure but would have preferred v1 tigerstripe colored pants.

julestobin@gmail.com
06-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Maybe if they did throw in the Tiger Stripe Night Creeper Leader the file card would change! I think the colors he's in is the only way to express his rearticulated 'WEBGEAR'... The Orange and Black NCL would probably have a vest or something on for CAMO themed combat! If you do have a vote... At least vote with the Orange and Black having a vest and the YELLOW and PURPLE the way it is.

gi_eddo@yahoo.com
06-04-2014, 06:22 PM
I just don't care for the Serpentor head. Otherwise he is pretty cool.

tom_omahony@yahoo.com
06-04-2014, 06:46 PM
I love the design but this just HAS to be orange. It's almost criminal to be so good but go with the less popular version of his look! I mean, he appeared IN THE COMIC in his orange and black scheme. That's gotta count for something!

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
06-04-2014, 09:26 PM
We need a poll! Version 1 orange & black vs version 2 purple & yellow (my vote goes for orange & black).

Done: http://www.gijoeclub.com/forums/showthread.php?389-FSS-Night-Creeper-Leader-What-color

manolive@hotmail.com
06-04-2014, 10:00 PM
I think he looks weird with the bald head(no offense to anyone with a bald head). But we always saw him with that full head bandanna. And if you're going with the v2 colors, can't we also get the weapons in the v2 gold?

funpubincadmin
06-05-2014, 11:17 AM
Please note that all the FSS 3.0 previews are Photoshop color mock-ups. The actual plastic colors will be muted and not neon. We can make slight adjustments but not additional colors and/or camo as this increases production time and costs.

luchian@devisraad.com
06-05-2014, 12:41 PM
Is it possible we could get an original head sculpt for this guy. I'm just not digging the re-use of the Serpentor head.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
06-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Is it possible we could get an original head sculpt for this guy. I'm just not digging the re-use of the Serpentor head.

I take it you mean "brand spankin' new" type original, right?

Or did you mean, the original?

luchian@devisraad.com
06-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Just not one used before on a 25th sculpt figure. I mean that just looks like Serpentor is playing dress-up to me. If he's supposed to be someone different, give him his own head, right?

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
06-05-2014, 01:31 PM

The head sculpt is probably one of the most expensive parts on these figures. That is why in each FSS there is only a few new heads. It is not really fair to ask them to make a new head for NCL at this point.

juliocarmine@gmail.com
06-05-2014, 03:24 PM
Orange and black please :(

jtfowler78@gmail.com
06-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Given that this figure is the "Night Creeper Leader" his clothing and gear should be more tactical as well as armor or clothing that shows who's in charge. This ninja master would stand out like a sore thumb in the darkest alley.

leo@joebattlelines.com
06-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Personally, I always preferred the Tiger Striped v1, then the DiC version with the LSU colors version being a very distant third.

julestobin@gmail.com
06-05-2014, 06:45 PM
I have to admit!! We're not collecting CLASSIC G.I.JOE here! It's nice too pick and choose...only after 30 years goes by...If the 25th(retooled) could be anything,it would be a remake of the original. Kind of like a movie. So therefore ;even the order at which they come out would be original. And it's kind of the way things have been going for the NEW G.I.JOE line... I still say that with the introduction of the CONCEPT VAULT,each figure can be different with it's own unique battle aspects without totally going back to an original mold and boring everybody with a color mock-up! V.1 or V.2....I still don't know what's going on here...

dave@podjasek.com
06-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Please note that all the FSS 3.0 previews are Photoshop color mock-ups. The actual plastic colors will be muted and not neon. We can make slight adjustments but not additional colors and/or camo as this increases production time and costs.

I hope they don't get to muted... this is an outlandish character, and I love the outlandish color scheme!

portelli21@gmail.com
06-06-2014, 01:06 PM
Why did you delete my post? I was just showing a photoshop I made of Night Creeper Leader.

allewebay@earthlink.net
06-06-2014, 01:37 PM
I don't mind losing my awful photoshop but Azzuro21's digibash is a thing of beauty! I don't know anything about previous feedback but I know you'll make alot of fans happy with a Night Creeper Leader in first release orange and black colors. Sell the purple and yellow v2 version in the club store if you must make that one, but make GIJOECC FSS 3.0 NCL V1!

gi_eddo@yahoo.com
06-06-2014, 02:01 PM
The more I look at the photoshopped orange and black version, the more I prefer it to the yellow one now.

enforcr98@aol.com
06-06-2014, 02:01 PM
i like him if they cant change the colors. I will be happy with this. I do think they should color the top of the head to make it look like a skull cap like the original had.
But i like we are getting him though. NCL was always cool in my book!

cardensb@hotmail.com
06-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Not feeling this one at all. Did not care for him in the comic and never had any version growing up. I understand he was probably a cost saving figure and will likely cause me to save some money.

luchian@devisraad.com
06-06-2014, 06:55 PM
The head sculpt is probably one of the most expensive parts on these figures. That is why in each FSS there is only a few new heads. It is not really fair to ask them to make a new head for NCL at this point.

They are charging A LOT for these figures. Having a unique head for each character should be a minimum requirement.

Stormshadow169@aol.com
06-08-2014, 10:24 PM
Wow....vastly disappointed. This is way below expectations. Orange and black please. ....... and I was afraid vypra was gonna be disappointing. Guess I'm buying orange paint for custom job.

julestobin@gmail.com
06-09-2014, 01:32 AM
I still think that the ORANGE and BLACK variant would have a vest on,not to mention a different color chest camo the YELLOW and PURPLE seems to sport...You are still talking two different charaters, kind of like PYSCHE-OUT with his two seperate backpacks!

jtfowler78@gmail.com
06-09-2014, 11:16 PM
They are charging A LOT for these figures. Having a unique head for each character should be a minimum requirement.

At a cost to us of over $28 per figure I totally agree. They make more than enough money through FSS, their online store afterward as well as a couple of 3rd party online vendors who are already taking preorders for the mock up figures we've seen so far. Having different versions of figures from G.I. Joe and Cobra was common enough. So changing this figure in appearance is the smart thing. He wasn't too popular anyway. Or replace him with NUNCHUCK. Time isn't a factor. The first 2 figures won't be in our hands for at least 4 months.

portelli21@gmail.com
06-10-2014, 12:16 PM
It looks like they won't be changing the deco on Night Creeper Leader, I'd like to see what previous feedback they are taking about because I never saw anything.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
06-10-2014, 12:27 PM
It looks like they won't be changing the deco on Night Creeper Leader, I'd like to see what previous feedback they are taking about because I never saw anything. The club does NOT care what the majority of its PAYING customers want.

My first guess was they're talking about the convention surveys. Which I don't think is the best way to do this. Let the convention attendees vote on the next convention set. How hard would it be to email a survey to ALL club members for the FSS? (since the FSS is available to all members whether you go to the con or not)
Back to the original point, orange & black is beating purple & yellow 4 to 1, so I don't know...

portelli21@gmail.com
06-10-2014, 12:29 PM
My first guess was they're talking about the convention surveys. Which I don't think is the best way to do this. Let the convention attendees vote on the next convention set. How hard would it be to email a survey to ALL club members for the FSS? (since the FSS is available to all members whether you go to the con or not)
Back to the original point, orange & black is beating purple & yellow 4 to 1, so I don't know...

I thought of the con surveys too but I strongly doubt there was an overwhelming request for Night Creeper Leader version 2.

funpubincadmin
06-10-2014, 12:33 PM
We understand that not every figure in the FSS line-up will be your particular favorite, but the figure selections are from the club membership (convention surveys, emails, online feedback, etc.) which are then approved by Hasbro for production.

Given the opportunity, we hope to make everyone's favorite figure in the Modern Era design. However, there is a finite budget on the creation of new parts and complex decos.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
06-10-2014, 12:52 PM
We understand that not every figure in the FSS line-up will be your particular favorite, but the figure selections are from the club membership (convention surveys, emails, online feedback, etc.) which are then approved by Hasbro for production.

Given the opportunity, we hope to make everyone's favorite figure in the Modern Era design. However, there is a finite budget on the creation of new parts and complex decos.

Understood. I don't think anyone expects you to make all their own personal favorites (okay, well at least most of us are aware of that ;)). I think the problem is members just don't understand the selection process. Now that we have had these forums for awhile (which we didn't before FSS 1 & 2) members probably expected to be more "in the loop" about what's going on. We have had several unofficial polls and surveys, and we just had to hope you were listening (and I think you were with this lineup). Maybe next time there needs to be some official survey sent out, and you can see which of the top results are possible to make with your budget and Hasbro's limitations. If we were involved and understood the process before the reveals there wouldn't be this much discussion afterwards.
Overall, I think people are still loving the service. I am signing up and will love Spearhead whether he is orange or brown. I can't wait to see Repeater and Big Ben and Bombstrike. Just trying to make FSS 4 even better.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
06-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Building off of what jfaria said, Club staff comes out and says:
"Hasbro gave us permission to produce these ______(number) figures, vote on them please. The 12 with the highest number of votes get in."

Keep the 13th mystery figure out of the poles so it's still a surprise as opposed to a sort of surprise*.

*By that I mean without people saying: "Hey I voted for that!"

manolive@hotmail.com
06-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Wow. They just closed the unofficial poll thread. Guess it didn't include enough praise.

He looks good. Wasn't on my list of figures I need, but I'll be happy to have him. Love the Ultimate Storm Shadow parts!! Best ninja parts Hasbro has ever made and I hope we see more of them in the future. Honestly.*

*If you read any sarcasm in that paragraph it's on you, I didn't put any in there. That was all sincere.

manolive@hotmail.com
06-10-2014, 09:30 PM

It's hard to take you serious when you say things like that. I never received any emails. And there has been no chance to provide online feedback before now. The only polls in this forum have been started by members(in the last few weeks). And you've locked them all. I can only assume to stop us getting our hopes up that we can illicit change this late in the game. I'm not trying to break rules #3, #5, #6 or the unnumbered rule "Do not attempt to engage them in written combat." All I'm asking is you follow these same rules

#3 "If you want to praise or criticize, give examples" Please, direct me/us to the emails or online feedback you are referring to
#5 "Users should use the New Topic button to start a new discussion which would otherwise be off-topic in the current thread." We had one discussing other color choices, you closed it.

In my defense of any possible violation of:
#6 "When a discussion thread strays off into a friendly dialogue..." I'm just trying to understand everything. And I can't send you a private message because it would be in violation of "Do not attempt to engage them in written combat." All I ask is that you expound upon the statements that you made.

rjhiii@sover.net
06-11-2014, 08:15 AM
At a cost to us of over $28 per figure I totally agree. They make more than enough money through FSS, their online store afterward as well as a couple of 3rd party online vendors who are already taking preorders for the mock up figures we've seen so far. Having different versions of figures from G.I. Joe and Cobra was common enough. So changing this figure in appearance is the smart thing. He wasn't too popular anyway. Or replace him with NUNCHUCK. Time isn't a factor. The first 2 figures won't be in our hands for at least 4 months.

Actually 4 months is probably past the major change point in preproduction and actual production. As for the cost, given the amount just to recreate the vehicles, I am guessing the costs for the molds and parts, cost for licensing, marketing, postage/freight, administration, etc. That these are not as greatly marked up as you think. This said, this was a fodder-throw in figure for me. No attachment to the character. Maybe my Niece and/or Nephew will pretend it is Serpentor learning to become a ninja or a Jedi (mixing in their ME Star Wars collection). So sometimes the club strikes out, but Muskrat, Psyche-out, and Spearhead are all great figures.

funpubincadmin
06-11-2014, 11:32 AM
Per your requests, here are the facts:

The annual FSS is an optional club member incentive that offers a selection of modern era figures approved by Hasbro, that otherwise would not be marketed at retail.

The GIJCC collects thousands of club member surveys at the convention each year. These are tabulated and form the highest percentage of requests for club exclusive products. The other percentages are received by direct emails sent to club staff and the "wish lists" posted on the forums and fan websites.

The FSS is budgeted with a split between what can be done with existing parts and what requires new tooling. The sharing of heads and figure re-decos have been a common practice since the bands inception from 1982.

rjhiii@sover.net
06-11-2014, 11:48 AM
Thank you, and as I suspect the time for any major changes (even if within budget) most certainly has passed if you want to keep FSS 3.0 on track for its release dates correct?

lastly where is today's reveal :)

luchian@devisraad.com
06-11-2014, 06:40 PM
The FSS is budgeted with a split between what can be done with existing parts and what requires new tooling. The sharing of heads and figure re-decos have been a common practice since the bands inception from 1982.
Figure re-decos are great. Nothing wrong with that at all and totally understandable. It's like changing clothes. But heads? While it may be something that has been around since the start of GI Joe that doesn't mean it's something desirable or good.
I like these figures, but the cost is way too high to NOT have a new head for a new character.

manolive@hotmail.com
06-11-2014, 09:38 PM
Per your requests, here are the facts:

Thank you for that. It is very much appreciated.

Shadowcat01@hotmail.com
06-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Figure re-decos are great. Nothing wrong with that at all and totally understandable. It's like changing clothes. But heads? While it may be something that has been around since the start of GI Joe that doesn't mean it's something desirable or good.
I like these figures, but the cost is way too high to NOT have a new head for a new character.

I may be in the minority here, but I would actually be willing to pay a little more for these figures or give up the 13th "freebie" if it meant new head sculpts for everyone who needed one.

kelty11@verizon.net
06-13-2014, 10:58 AM
I may be in the minority here, but I would actually be willing to pay a little more for these figures or give up the 13th "freebie" if it meant new head sculpts for everyone who needed one.

I for one would not be willing to pay more. I would not expect the club to tool new heads and gear for each figure. After all the club is not Hasbro which has enormous budgets for this type of operation.

mamu.nestor@gmail.com
06-13-2014, 12:54 PM
I'm more of a fan of they way the club put him out instead of the version 1 paint job...

jimsnow70@aol.com
06-30-2014, 04:43 PM
I noticed the addition of black paint, on the club Facebook page, to simulate a skull cap. I guess it's a step in the right direction to emulating the 2nd version of NCL.

manolive@hotmail.com
06-30-2014, 09:40 PM
Well, that is a cool addition. But the black is a little weird. Purple to match the blindfold or yellow to match the other highlights would be better.

marccallison@gmail.com
07-01-2014, 10:08 AM
I agree it's odd, the black skullcap. Would work better if it was orange/black (HINT HINT).

Or, at least make it the same gold/yellow that is on the figure so it accurately matches V2.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-01-2014, 10:16 AM
It looks a little odd, but I don't care about this figure either way. Maybe make it part of the blindfold and keep it the same purple so it looks like one piece. Again, this isn't a figure I am looking forward to, but the two kids I am giving it to could just fall in love with it. You never do know. As a kid my two favorites were Flint and Roadblock- don't really remember why, they just were. For my sister it was Recondo and Baroness again no reason I know of.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
05-05-2015, 05:53 PM
What is up with the Moe Howard haircut on NCL? Looked much better bald like the prototype.

rew97@live.com
05-06-2015, 03:06 AM
What is up with the Moe Howard haircut on NCL? Looked much better bald like the prototype.

It's meant to be a skull cap not hair.