PDA

View Full Version : A Big Thank You...

odb360@live.com
04-15-2014, 11:08 AM
I just wanted to extend a big thanks to the Club and all the Con workers and volunteers. You guys did a great job and put together a great show...I know you all have to put up with a lot crap and hear twice as much of it but I wanted to throw you guys a pat on the back a give you some positive feedback...

Thanks again for all the hard work and I am already looking forward to next year and the next FSS...

uncleneat@gmail.com
04-15-2014, 12:14 PM
Ill second that. This was my son's first con and I think you have a new fan. We had a blast and had in the true tradition of GI Joe we had some great father and son time.

funpubincadmin
04-15-2014, 01:09 PM
Your comments are appreciated and will be passed onto the Club Staff and convention workers.

:cool:

firebaseryan@comcast.net
04-15-2014, 04:05 PM
I completely agree with the above posts. Just a fantastic con. Great seeing some old faces, picking up some things both old and new. The Club staff and volunteers were great and I made some new friends as well. Love the con set too. Thanks again..

justin@generalsjoes.com
04-16-2014, 07:33 AM
The convention was terrific as usual. All of the convention staff were professional, and things moved along really smoothly. Great as usual.

dwhernandez72@gmail.com
04-16-2014, 03:05 PM
I concur. I was almost the last person in line on Thursday to pick up my con set at almost 11:00 pm. The lady who helped me still had a smile on her face and went through my checklist quickly. She set the tone for the conference, my third overall.

GIJCC staff were friendly and visible throughout the convention. I felt bad for those that had to deal with the nerd rage after the NF Crazy Legs paradrop figure sold out at the Club Store. They don't deserve that type of verbal abuse. Some con goers need to be more tactful in how they address their frustration instead of yelling at people.

I found the Club panel and comic panel to be highly informative, and the FSS 3.0 announcements were the highlight. Any criticism was handled well by Brian, David, Lanny and company.

I'm just glad the Club continues to put on these conventions. Without them, this line would be long dead. I hope they take the suggestions received and make their tweaks to make next year's con even better. Again, thanks for all you do GIJCC!

bandonov@gmail.com
04-27-2014, 07:30 AM
It was my First Con experience and I loved it! I hope I can make it out to more in the future! Thanks for all your Hard Work!

dave@podjasek.com
04-27-2014, 09:44 PM
I was not at the con, but I want to throw in a HUGE thank you for making the Eco Warriors set. This is the best set yet by a mile (Oktober Guard was close, and Night Force wasn't too far behind). I am so thrilled that we got almost all of Eco-Warriors, and nearly all at once too!

I would especially like to commend you guys on Toxo-Viper, Toxo-Zombie, TJ'Bang, Ozone, and Clean Sweep. Just amazing work. The army builders are truly worth army building, even at post-con eBay prices.

DTC mold for the Septic tank was a great surprise too! And the Eco Striker was also fantastic.

The only way I could have been happier is if we could have gotten a true Sludge Viper figure with a new head, but I know you guys were constrained in what you could do with that for some reason. I of course would have also loved Eco Deep Six and Barbeque, but I think you struck a nice balance by offering some figures to those who were not Eco fans.

Again, you have my gratitude... we would have never gotten these from Hasbro, and it was easily my most wanted theme. Thanks!

sheila4420@hotmail.com
04-28-2014, 01:22 PM
I did not attend the convention, but I just wanted to give a thank you to the Club for the awesome Cross Country figure I just opened. It' s even better than I thought it would be. Great job, and keep it going! It's great that the 'Joe's are still growing and improving with new characters and updates. I've been hooked since '83 when I first saw the H.A.L. with Grand Slam. I had heard of G.I. Joe, but that was when I first saw them. I scooped it up and collected everything I could get my hands on. It's great that it's still going strong! Thanks again!!

rew97@live.com
06-18-2014, 07:50 PM
These conventions sound like a blast, as I cannot travel outside summer months I really hope Columbus, Ohio will host the Joecon one day. I really hope this happens in 2016 (along with getting the DNC.), as in 2015 Columbus will host the NHL All Star game and that will cost me quite a bit just to go to that.

Since the theme of this thread is about saying thank you to the club, I would like to say thank you for Grand Slam in this years FSS. I know you guys took a lot flak for him, but as he is one of my favorite Joes as well as one of the most disrespected, I am glad the club showed him some love. Even though I may be one of the only ones who thinks this, the club did a great job and thank you for it.