PDA

View Full Version : Class Particpants-- Parts To Bring?

cptsamwisher@aol.com
03-25-2014, 06:05 PM
Does anyone have an idea what parts class participants are supposed to bring?
I just got a Club email saying ‘Don’t forget to bring your parts!’—in my experience, it’s hard to remember a thing that nobody has told you in the first place, unless you’re psychic.
(Stalker: “Dag! I must be getting psychotic!” / Hawk: “You mean psychic!” / S: “That too!”)
The brochure states “When we get closer to the event, we will tell you what parts you need to bring to complete your figure.” There have been no updates about that detail between the brochure’s posting & now…. & we’re considerably ‘closer to the event’ now. So what in the world ‘parts’ are class participants supposed to ‘not forget’?
There isn’t much time left to go out & hunt for things, & there isn’t very much Joe stock on shelves…

funpubincadmin
03-25-2014, 06:45 PM
This information will be emailed to the confirmed participants AFTER registration closes.

cptsamwisher@aol.com
03-25-2014, 08:18 PM
Logically, wouldn't it make more sense for people to know _before_ they commit whether they can obtain the materials needed?

Also, the class is full & has been since Saturday...

Is there a reason I'm not aware of that justifies the 'need-to-know-basis'? Or are we just roleplaying being in Special Ops...? =)

cptsamwisher@aol.com
03-25-2014, 08:42 PM
Thank you for the update, though. It's appreciated.

cdtweasel@aol.com
03-25-2014, 10:57 PM
This information will be emailed to the confirmed participants AFTER registration closes.

How soon after? I'm flying into Dallas several days before con, would be nice to know before my flight leaves what I need.

Arbrias@hotmail.com
03-26-2014, 02:04 PM

This doesn't allow a whole lot of time for people to get ahold of whatever figure parts they need. We have two weeks and a day until the convention, we will need some time to hunt down the item and possibly have it shipped to us before we head to Texas. Any help on what we need to look for would be appreciated.

Edit: I just saw that registration will not close until next Monday, which will only give us a little over a week to obtain whatever figure is needed.

cptsamwisher@aol.com
03-26-2014, 02:57 PM
Important update-- I have since received a very nice followup email about my concern. I am still eager to find out what parts we need, but it is gratifying not to be taken for granted, & I continue to be impressed with the Club's good customer service in one-on-one interactions. I am hopeful that in the future the tech issues will be resolved in a way that gets rid of the 'faceless institution' feel that interferes with this company strength.

The points raised here by other Club members are still important, though-- if the information is delayed until next week, the leeway on class participants' end will be very short, & some of us may not be able to make it happen.

Since the class is fully enrolled already, I'd would like for all of us that the Club allow the instructor to release the parts list right away-- please consider this request, and thank you!

funpubincadmin
03-26-2014, 04:05 PM
We understand your timing concerns and instead of the emailing delay, we have posted the Custom Class information on both our Official Facebook and convention website. To read the full release... http://www.gijoecon.com/tx2014/CustomsClassRelease.pdf