PDA

View Full Version : Golden tickets for joe con?

wishful_sinful@hotmail.com
03-22-2014, 02:50 PM
i got logged in at 431 and was it told me that all the golden ticket american heroes were already sold out - what gives?

03-22-2014, 03:02 PM
How could 75 Golden Tickets for American Heroes be sold out in less than a minute?

michael_p_obrien@yahoo.com
03-22-2014, 03:08 PM
I would guess it's another glitch (maybe their code isn't getting the right remaining quantity). I would assume that any GTs set-aside for organizers and VIPs would not be included in the 75.

03-22-2014, 03:15 PM
If anyone from the Collector's Club is reading this - i would certainly trade one of the sets i purchased for a golden ticket if the opportunity presents itself at any time. to wait for 3 months and then see SOLD OUT in 30 seconds is inconceivable.

Sbayrd@hotmail.com
03-22-2014, 05:27 PM
I had to work today and couldn't check so I was stoked to see that golden ticket package upgrade showed available for the AH package. I tried to select it but it was sold out. This is my first Joe con and I'm willing to pay the extra. I've been checking multiple times daily and getting psyched up. I understand that there are only 75 golden tickets but I'm still totally bummed.

03-22-2014, 05:33 PM
i realized that if i really wanted a golden ticket i could have bought the 12" but was just so thrown off by it being unavailable from the get go that my mind went blank. oh well, i guess the box sets will have to do. wonder how demand will be for these figures Loose?

brian@funpubinc.com
03-22-2014, 05:55 PM
How could 75 Golden Tickets for American Heroes be sold out in less than a minute?

Normally we don't tell the EXACT time the system will go live. With several hundred people sitting hitting the refresh it is possible because once they are in your cart, they stay there for 10 minutes or check out.

I was watching and from my side (don't see the updates until the orders go through) it took about 10 minutes before all the GT packages were gone. Now they could have sat in a cart for 9 minutes before check out, so, yes it is possible.

We can't accommodate any more as all the souvenir numbers have a GT component and we would not have enough for everyone and unfortunately we don't have space at the Meet and Greet.

Brian

03-22-2014, 06:31 PM
only joecon has a secret launch time - you don't see it with any other major convention - not with SDCC or in New York -but with the JoeCon. that is ridiculous - and it seems to be something of a power trip, control thing.

perhaps with the screw up this year by some unknown entity, exceptions should be made for the meet and greet, etc. as i am sure that fun publication employees will be there - and they don't pay. This is probably the straw that will break the camel's back as far as remaining a member of the club, etc. I realize you cannot make everyone happy but when something is so screwed up, management of well run companies, don't make the members pay for their mistakes.

03-22-2014, 06:52 PM
Normally we don't tell the EXACT time the system will go live. With several hundred people sitting hitting the refresh it is possible because once they are in your cart, they stay there for 10 minutes or check out.

I was watching and from my side (don't see the updates until the orders go through) it took about 10 minutes before all the GT packages were gone. Now they could have sat in a cart for 9 minutes before check out, so, yes it is possible.

We can't accommodate any more as all the souvenir numbers have a GT component and we would not have enough for everyone and unfortunately we don't have space at the Meet and Greet.

Brian

Well, when processing takes place if a golden ticket becomes available, i would certainly trade in 2 of my box sets for the GT, if that is possible. I realize the Club has no obligation to do anything for its members, at least in its present form. But nonetheless, would be nice considering the fiasco that has taken place.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
03-22-2014, 07:41 PM
If you have registered for the con and have at least two con sets then what is so special about the golden ticket? Never gone, so I don't follow the agnst in your thread.

03-22-2014, 08:04 PM
3 each of the additional souvenirs instead of just one

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
03-22-2014, 08:47 PM
oh..but you'll still be able to get at least one of each souvenir though, so thats OK. At least you shouldn't miss out on anything. Hope you still can have a good time.:)

chevy02_2500hd@yahoo.com
03-23-2014, 06:45 AM
To many fans see the Golden Ticket as a way to pay for their way trip to Joecon. With people posting splitting the cost of a GT on other Joe websites. They get non attending fans to think theirs only 1 or 2 other people in their group when they have 5 or 6. If you have 6 other fans paying you 150 dollars then paying full cost of the add on toys.

but the true fans that are disable permenantly or maybe for just a breif time like with a broke leg are screwed waiting around in long lines.

rjbarnhart@zoominternet.net
03-23-2014, 08:21 AM
There are only 100 golden tickets. If you ask those who got it this year you will likely get lots of different answers as to why they wanted a golden ticket. Is one persons reason better than anothers? I dont know. Many of those who had it in previous years probably wanted it again. And many more people who never had it before probably wanted it too. With only 100 golden tickets available there are always going to be lots of unhappy people and only 100 happy ones. Next year people will be having this same debate.

mlandvick@gmail.com
03-23-2014, 08:39 AM
The whole thing is disappointing. It began with the timing of the convention. Since our family has started attending cons (2005) we have missed 5 conventions because they took place in the heart of the school year. And now we are missing another one. For the last two conventions both my two boys and I have been talking to everyone who would listen about Zombies. Then when they finally do Zombies it's again middle of school spring semester!!! So we found a friend from the sites who was willing to work with us so we could get Zombies to our hearts content. He sat and sat trying to get a golden ticket so he could help us out. They sold out so quick, our heads were spinning.

chaosda_man@yahoo.com
03-23-2014, 08:42 AM
I've been trying to get the elusive GT since they started it 3yrs ago. I'm tired of standing in lines for 7-8hrs on Thur (to get package and souviners) and 2-3hrs Fri/Sat for club store. Last year I got plantar fasciitis from standing in line for the club store. So just to be able to cut all lines is worth the $300!! :)

I'm a troop builder, so if the 2 or 3 packs are troopers, I'll be stoked!! I'm picking up some stuff for another collector too. I know a lot of GT holders buy extras to offset the cost of going. I've already spent $2k, so no matter how many souviners I buy, they won't pay for the trip. The 2k, doesn't include, gas, hotel and food.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
03-23-2014, 03:32 PM
Ok, so reasons for getting the GT are: Less waiting in line; A group of non-attendees gets an attendee to aquire the exclusive souvenirs for them; attendee wants multiples for their collection; and attendee wants to sell extras. Plus the meet and greet I guess.

How many people are usually at the convention? If 100 GT sold out within the 10min registration time there must have been quite a few people trying to get on the site all at once. 7-8hrs standing in line just sounds insane, is that true!?

Sorry to hear that the timing didn't work for you Jones Boys.

mlandvick@gmail.com
03-24-2014, 08:30 PM
Thanks Crimson Canuck. Just hoping my boys and I can find some of the souvenirs at a decent price!

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
03-25-2014, 10:49 AM
No doubt. I've basically given up on Chuckles and Freefall, mind you they weren't as much a "necesity" as Darklon or the Annihilators. So I'm hoping these extras are ones I can live without.

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
03-25-2014, 03:13 PM
No doubt. I've basically given up on Chuckles and Freefall, mind you they weren't as much a "necesity" as Darklon or the Annihilators. So I'm hoping these extras are ones I can live without.

Crimson Canuck do you mean Chuckles and FreeSTYLE???

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
03-26-2014, 09:09 AM
Crimson Canuck do you mean Chuckles and FreeSTYLE???

Ha ha, sure. Shows how much I cared for her, I couldn't even remember her name.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
03-27-2014, 04:57 PM
How exactly does this Golden Ticket work?
Reading the brochure I understand it saying that A regular attendee can purchase one of every exclusive and a Golden ticket holder can purchase up to three of each exclusive. So is that for the whole convention, or for each day, or for each time you are in line for the store?
I've been reading posts that people are selling use of their golden ticket to buy 3x the exclusives, and that they can do that multiple times, throughout the convention and even more than once on the same day.

Arbrias@hotmail.com
03-27-2014, 06:11 PM
How exactly does this Golden Ticket work?
Reading the brochure I understand it saying that A regular attendee can purchase one of every exclusive and a Golden ticket holder can purchase up to three of each exclusive. So is that for the whole convention, or for each day, or for each time you are in line for the store?
I've been reading posts that people are selling use of their golden ticket to buy 3x the exclusives, and that they can do that multiple times, throughout the convention and even more than once on the same day.

It depends on what day, how many times they go through the line. Last year they added a voucher system, when you pick up your set you get a voucher. You take this voucher with you when you go to the club store, if you have it you can purchase on Thursday/Friday. Once you use it, you lose it, and cannot purchase again until Saturday. If there are exclusives left on Saturday, you can buy to your heart's content, but on Thursday/Friday it's a one trip deal per attendee.

The Golden ticket gets you triple items on that voucher, but you're still confined to one voucher per attendee.

I hope this helps, if not send me a message.

For Reference from last year's archive: http://www.gijoecon.com/in2013/archive13.cfm

03/22/2013 - We have an update for those attending the show about a new process this year, that we hope will make the souvenir sales go faster:

Souvenir purchases are by a voucher system. No punching badges! Approved badges for souvenir vouchers are: General, American Hero, Sergeant, or Exhibitor (no Aides or Exhibitor Helper Badge). You will receive a souvenir voucher at package pick-up for this purchase option. This souvenir voucher entitles you to a “Limit of 1” of each of the exclusive 2013 convention souvenirs sold in our Club Store. Golden Ticket American Hero and Generals have "3 x Limit" of each exclusive 2013 convention souvenirs. BRING YOUR SOUVENIR VOUCHER WITH YOU when you enter the club store line on Thursday evening or Friday. The Souvenir Voucher is stapled inside your folder from package pick-up. Your Souvenir Voucher must be present at time of purchase and must be used in ONE single transaction. Once your souvenir voucher is surrendered, you will not be able to purchase more 2013 souvenirs until Saturday morning.

Your name badge is how you gain entry to the store. You will not be allowed to purchase items for others by bringing loose badges. Each person must be present, wearing their own badge. Aides and Exhibitor Helper Badges are not allowed to buy exclusive 2013 souvenir items (if available) until Saturday morning.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
03-27-2014, 09:43 PM
Thanks Arbrias, that was the most concise explanation I've ever seen about how the GT works.

So how is it a vendor can get the GT? That seems like a conflict of interest. If they are there to sell products then their mandate is to get product to sell at a profit.

Arbrias@hotmail.com
03-28-2014, 08:43 AM
I don't know what to tell you on that one, I don't see much of a problem to be honest. Everybody had the same chance to get a golden ticket, and if the dealer wants to throw down the money to have a booth and a golden ticket then that's on them. If I was a dealer, I would want a golden ticket just so I wouldn't have to stand in as long of lines.

MrTrent100@aol.com
03-28-2014, 09:28 AM
I Proposed to club ,a couple of years ago, A variation of the Golden Ticket ,that maybe should be looked at ,in light of The unhappiness of the recent computer problems and the quick sell out of The elusive Golden Ticket.
A Silver Ticket option ,lower in price and allows two of each exclusive only,you don't get all the bells and whistles but you get two exclusives.
A bronze ticket option ,pay in advance higher price ,{sight unseen },for one exclusive {good for those that can't attend } or those that get shut out of other ticket options.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
03-28-2014, 12:53 PM
I don't know what to tell you on that one, I don't see much of a problem to be honest. Everybody had the same chance to get a golden ticket, and if the dealer wants to throw down the money to have a booth and a golden ticket then that's on them. If I was a dealer, I would want a golden ticket just so I wouldn't have to stand in as long of lines.

Fair enough. I was just thinking about how I have read how some items get sold out very quickly at the club store and end it ends up that a vendor will have multiples of the items at an incredibly large mark up, while there are still attending collectors that have not been able to get certain items from the club store.