PDA

View Full Version : Request for G.I. Joe Con Survey (3.75"-related)

lacertamiles@yahoo.com
03-16-2014, 03:21 PM
With JoeCon less than a month away (and registration hopefully less than a week away), I figured that I'd bring up one request to slightly modify the survey distributed each year at the con in a manner that would benefit the Club in better understanding the needs of its members as well as benefit the members in getting their feedback accurately interpreted.

Could a question (or set of questions) be added to the survey regarding which figure(s) the fans would most like to see in an FSS? Because the figure(s) that attendees would like to see in a con set are not necessarily the same figures that subscribers/members would like to see in their subscription service wave of figures.

For example, I really enjoy the Desert Scorpion figure (complete with robotic scorpion) from FSS 2.0; however, as an army builder, I would have rather received 2 or 3 of these figures in a future con set than have to buy additional figures at nearly $40/piece (at a minimum). When attendees completed these surveys, especially in the years pre-FSS, if they were writing down army builder figures on their wish list, it was more likely with the intention of receiving them as multiples loose (either in the box or the bag) rather than single-carded.

The question (or set of questions) could also help the Club in better determining a suitable choice for the mystery 13th figure and potentially avoid some of the backlash expressed by subscribers regarding (especially) the mystery figure choice from FSS 2.0.

If it's too late in the process to add this question(s) to the 2014 JoeCon survey, hopefully it can be added to the con survey in the years to come. With Hasbro's Joe offerings few and far between, it's in everyone's best interest as a Joe community for the FSS and other thoughtful ventures of the Club to succeed.

See you in Dallas!

Blitzkrieg

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
03-20-2014, 06:23 PM
With JoeCon less than a month away (and registration hopefully less than a week away), I figured that I'd bring up one request to slightly modify the survey distributed each year at the con in a manner that would benefit the Club in better understanding the needs of its members as well as benefit the members in getting their feedback accurately interpreted.

Could a question (or set of questions) be added to the survey regarding which figure(s) the fans would most like to see in an FSS? Because the figure(s) that attendees would like to see in a con set are not necessarily the same figures that subscribers/members would like to see in their subscription service wave of figures.

For example, I really enjoy the Desert Scorpion figure (complete with robotic scorpion) from FSS 2.0; however, as an army builder, I would have rather received 2 or 3 of these figures in a future con set than have to buy additional figures at nearly $40/piece (at a minimum). When attendees completed these surveys, especially in the years pre-FSS, if they were writing down army builder figures on their wish list, it was more likely with the intention of receiving them as multiples loose (either in the box or the bag) rather than single-carded.

The question (or set of questions) could also help the Club in better determining a suitable choice for the mystery 13th figure and potentially avoid some of the backlash expressed by subscribers regarding (especially) the mystery figure choice from FSS 2.0.

If it's too late in the process to add this question(s) to the 2014 JoeCon survey, hopefully it can be added to the con survey in the years to come. With Hasbro's Joe offerings few and far between, it's in everyone's best interest as a Joe community for the FSS and other thoughtful ventures of the Club to succeed.

See you in Dallas!

Blitzkrieg

I agree there is a problem here, but I have a different idea. Feedback gathered about FSS requests should be separate from convention set requests, and also separate from the convention itself.
I have been trying to gather data from the forums here, but it gets difficult with more people posting and lots of new threads starting. All members can sign up for the FSS, so I think the Club could benefit from sending out a FSS survey to ALL members. Saying you have to attend the convention to take an FSS survey is like saying you can only vote for president if you take a vacation to Washington DC during the election.