PDA

View Full Version : Design the Anniversary Cake for the Convention!

brian@funpubinc.com
02-17-2014, 05:18 PM
Hey folks,

We want you to be part of the design process for the 50th Anniversary Celebration Cake! Submit your ideas, photos, drawings here by March 7th and we will try to pick things that can be on the cake! We have a VERY talented individual committed to this project so think "Ace of Cakes".

Thanks,

Brian

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
02-18-2014, 08:01 AM
This is meant to be humerous. Although it is a little bashey:
Have a deceased 12" GI Joe lying on the cake, with a 3 3/4" Joe holding a rifle, and resting his foot on the big Joe's chest. As in he was proud of the kill, like what hunters do.

brian@funpubinc.com
02-18-2014, 02:16 PM
This is meant to be humerous. Although it is a little bashey:
Have a deceased 12" GI Joe lying on the cake, with a 3 3/4" Joe holding a rifle, and resting his foot on the big Joe's chest. As in he was proud of the kill, like what hunters do.

Can we use the dead squirrels too?:cool:

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
02-18-2014, 08:39 PM
Serious suggestion:

A layer cake, or tier cake (wedding style) with images on the side.

The first tier (bottom) has images of the 60's Joes, and iconic sets.
The second tier has images of the Adventure Team and Iconic sets.
The third tier has images of the ARAH and iconic sets (1982-2009ish)
The top tier features images from the 50th product line.

The very top either has the 50th logo or a topper consisting of GI Joe figures. Club's descretion as to who goes on top.

chevy02_2500hd@yahoo.com
02-19-2014, 05:13 PM
If you have some one like ace of cake / cake boss doing the cake. Here what I'm thinking on the cakes. You could have the cobra logo and Joe logo made as cakes and put up on stage. Also you could have them make the U.S.S. Flagg and Terror Drome as cakes. Have them set up as play sets with figures and vechiles, on them or around them. For the Flagg use the superstructure, stern and bow. That way all they have to make is the deck. That sheet cake cut to look like the flight deck. For the Terrore Drome just used the upper deck from the toy have the cake under that. Have them make the sides look like the doors from the toy.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
03-06-2014, 07:13 PM
Tomorrow's the deadline!

My idea, is clearly the best.

wishful_sinful@hotmail.com
03-06-2014, 07:19 PM
i'll take a picture of it for you.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
03-06-2014, 07:29 PM

Here is an illustration to illustrate my idea. When I say images in my first post here, I mean cake sculptures of GI Joe, coming out of the cake, as in 3-D. Although I think images (real images) can be sprayed on a cake by using colored sugar. Don't quote me on that.

wishful_sinful@hotmail.com
03-06-2014, 07:40 PM
it is an interesting idea - certainly a good bakery could decorate a cake pretty much with anything these days.

funpubincadmin
03-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the suggestions!