PDA

View Full Version : FSS 2.0 Blister card issues

funpubincadmin
02-07-2014, 11:24 AM
Some of our members have experienced issues with the carded packaging for the Figure Subscription Service 2.0. We have had some reports that their carded figures are arriving with the blister card, holding the figure, unattached to the printed backing card. This is frustrating to everyone as, being collectors too, we understand the desire to own a nice example of a packaged item as is possible given the variations inherent in packaging manufacturing.

We have researched the process by which the blister cards are attached to the backing card and have gained some understanding as to what we believe might be the nature of the problem.

Printed packaging is often given a surface coating after the colored inks are applied to the card stock to give it a glossy, finished appearance. In situations where a packaging blister is attached, the water based clear coating can double as a heat activated adhesive.

When heat and pressure are applied to the plastic (PVC) blister, it seals to the surface of the backing card by virtue of the coating. There are different types of heat reactive coatings with various degrees of adhesion possible. Along with variations in temperature and pressure used in the card assembly process, a range of results is possible.

Recently, the factory which prints the card backs for the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club figures began using a newer coating material. We are not sure why the change was made, but we have read that there has been feedback from consumers reflecting a desire for packaging, which is less difficult to open. It may also be a reflection of some environmental concern with the older coating, but that is only speculation.

We think that something in the card production process varied and resulted in some packages having blisters which were not sufficiently adhered to the cards. At our request, the factory is checking on this and has vowed to determine the nature of the problem and quality check the product more closely on future production runs.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter and thank you for supporting the FSS project. We hope this information is helpful in understanding the issue.

julestobin@gmail.com
02-07-2014, 06:50 PM
I'm surprised nobody has replied to this ANNOUNCEMENT. Considering it concerns FSS 2. I'll start by saying if you only got 1 order, that you are very good to go ,due to the fact that the 'CARDED BACKING' is perfect and undamaged from opening to get your figure! This undamaged card is essentially a PROOF CARD like a SDCC ZARANNA card ,but only from the FSS 2 selection. This makes it exceedingly rare, making it quite a good buy to collectors who will have to wait until one pops up! Same holds true with collectors whom have purchused multiple orders.......if they already haven't taken one to fullfill a PROOF CARD COLLECTION of the FSS 2. Quite frankly I can't find a reason why people would turn their heads to such a rarity of an easy to open G.I.JOE FIGURE! And I think anyone could tell you an undamaged G.I.JOE 'CARDBACK' is worth more then a ripped CARDBACK with a pricetag on it. The pricetag and peg hole are just but 2 reasons the FSS probably exsists...

chris_decobre@rocketmail.com
02-18-2014, 02:06 PM
Okay, yes, this is an issue that has been brought up before (See Thread: FSS 2.0 update!). I just received ANOTHER JACKED BLISTER CARD!! :mad: :mad: This is getting EXTREMELY upsetting. I understand that the ladies that I deal with cannot do anything more than ask that we mail them back. At the price we're paying for these exclusives, the cost of shipping, the funds spent towards the shipping packaging, I am getting VERY TIRED of mailing back a figure EVERY TIME I get a new set. :mad: I understand that shipping them back is not a huge cost, but it IS an EXTREME hassle. Perhaps if I bought them through the Club Store they would already be seen and inspected before they are mailed out. I understand that some members want to open them more easily, but a straight razor used to remove the blister is much more time worthy as apposed to trying to glue the blisters back on and thus depreciating the value, especially to an AFA graded item. I'm too worked up over this right now as I sit and stare at another torn cardback I just recieved from FedEx.... :mad:

johnsaltzburg@hotmail.com
02-20-2014, 02:25 AM
I like my guys loose but I want the joy of opening them if I want them opened not ripped off the cad in transit, evwn if the rips are small some of the card detail stays on the blister

boudro72@yahoo.com
02-26-2014, 05:33 PM
well, the problems I have are that the cards are damaged: creases, warped, excess glue, and down right bent over from packing them in.

Pretty much from the last two shipments of FSS 1.0 to the newest shipment of FSS 2.0 I have had some type of "damage" to every card. The worse of the bunch was the 13th fig, he came in crushed in the box, but the box was fine. This had to be a packing issue, the other two were in their own box and they were slightly damaged.

Most of what I have seen in FSS 2.0 is that it looks like the blisters are being applied twice or they are being slide into place and I have a glue residue from the left and top of the blister. Also some poor card stock, two of the figures have a line that runs from the top to the bottom of the card on its back, it looks like where a binding strap would have held all the cardboard together and creased the stock.

Take this for a list of issues, not looking for replacements or anything.

wishful_sinful@hotmail.com
02-26-2014, 06:02 PM
think about the people who purchased the fss without insurance and are stuck with their fss figures and "damaged" cards. I still wonder why sometimes the club sends a $3 check along toward partial reimbursement of postage to return a defective figure but then will skip a couple of returns and send nothing in the way of compensation for the damaged fss figure that had to be returned. i've had to return more cards and incurred more expenses than i would like to admit but at least with the insurance i paid for i am able to get a figure that is not "jacked". however, i mistakenly had the wrong card listed for one of the payments and next thing i know my shipping method changed (to one that was more expensive) for the remainder of the payments, costing me about another $20 (just in shipping), and still half the figures have to be returned.

fairymaiden83@hotmail.com
03-02-2014, 04:28 PM
guess its a no win issue?? Pay more for ins. and shipping, but the issues are not with shipping most of the time, its with packing.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
03-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Got the fifth shipment today. The cards and bubbles were good. Noticed the mailer had been resealed, pre shipping check? If so, then thanks.
Noticed that the cards with the larger bubbles are very tight inside the inner mailer, causing warped and creased and accordianed card backs (as noted on other joe forums). This may be old news but if a large bubbled card is shipped with a smaller bubbled card it may reduce the card backs being damaged during insertion?

cardensb@hotmail.com
03-16-2014, 03:29 PM
think about the people who purchased the fss without insurance and are stuck with their fss figures and "damaged" cards. I still wonder why sometimes the club sends a $3 check along toward partial reimbursement of postage to return a defective figure but then will skip a couple of returns and send nothing in the way of compensation for the damaged fss figure that had to be returned. i've had to return more cards and incurred more expenses than i would like to admit but at least with the insurance i paid for i am able to get a figure that is not "jacked". however, i mistakenly had the wrong card listed for one of the payments and next thing i know my shipping method changed (to one that was more expensive) for the remainder of the payments, costing me about another $20 (just in shipping), and still half the figures have to be returned.

I did not get the insurance and was able to return bent cards just fine. It was obvious they were bent during packing not as part of the shipping process. I think the inner box can be lost for FSS 3 and just use the plastic display bubbles.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
03-20-2014, 11:36 AM
Got the last shipment today and every thing was excellent. The figures look awesome. I look forward to what FSS 3 brings!

elitecobra2000@yahoo.com
04-14-2014, 08:02 PM
I did not get the insurance and was able to return bent cards just fine. It was obvious they were bent during packing not as part of the shipping process. I think the inner box can be lost for FSS 3 and just use the plastic display bubbles.

Cardensb - how did you return yours? I paid for the insurance and have tried contacting the Club through 3 different methods over a couple of weeks with NO reply. I made an new order for something else and had a question about that order and again NO response.

I would just like somebody to reply to me at some point!!! Can somebody tell me the most effective way to make that happen?

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
04-14-2014, 08:52 PM
I don't know what methods you have tried contacting them with yet, but you can email admin@funpubinc.com or call 817-448-9863. They have always helped me when I have contacted them before (not about FSS returns, but other questions).