PDA

View Full Version : FSS 8 Billing schedule?

blowtorch1984@yahoo.com
09-15-2018, 06:48 PM
Did anyone else just get this email? I got this about an hour ago....nothing like waiting till the last minute to inform us.

Hello FSS 8 Subscriber,

For those of you on the installment plan, please remember because of our contract ending, we have to bill both the second and third installments this fall.

We will be billing the second installment on Monday, September 17, and the third installment Monday, October 22 (was the 15th but now moved a week).

Please ensure that your credit card is current and has the appropriate amount of money for your payment available by Sunday night, September 16. You can log in and make your changes here. The plan is to get these billings out of the way so they do not impact your holiday shopping!

We are still waiting on final confirmation of the exact ship date so as soon as we know, you will too.

Thanks for your support and have a great weekend!

Brian

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
09-15-2018, 08:06 PM
Notice that the email in no way mentions exactly what the "appropriate" amount of money is?

tonylpagejr@live.com
09-15-2018, 08:10 PM
I feel like there should have been at least a 2 week notice on the billing dates. I'd be fine with two in October even, but finding out today it will be Monday makes it incredibly hard to plan for and make sure I have the funds on hand.

blowtorch1984@yahoo.com
09-15-2018, 08:10 PM
So one day notice and no billing amount. Well looks like mine is getting cancelled

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
09-15-2018, 08:23 PM
I intentionally have stuck a large sum in the bank as I prepare to attend a convention coming up out here in California. Still, it's pretty lame that no advice was given on the amount that is due.

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
09-15-2018, 10:13 PM
In the “Brian’s Intel” section of the August 2018 club magazine, it says:
“Please keep in mind that because of the club ending this year, the two installment payments due for FSS8 will occur before you receive the figures”.

In the “Brian’s Intel” section of the September 2018 issue, it also says:
“FSS 8 is scheduled to arrive here in November...Please remember that the FSS 8 installment payments are due before we ship the first month’s product. This is due to our contract ending. The billing dates for FSS 8.0 are September 17, and October 15”.

rjhiii@sover.net
09-15-2018, 10:22 PM
Glad I paid mine full upfront so I do not have to worry about these things.

tonylpagejr@live.com
09-15-2018, 11:02 PM
I totally missed that info in the magazine. So that's on me for not reading. Seems like in the past they've emailed about this stuff too, though.

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
09-16-2018, 07:22 AM
Glad I paid in full too. You are right about not having to worry about it!!

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
09-16-2018, 07:58 AM
Makes me wish I had paid in full. I knew the billing dates from the club magazine. What none of us know, however, is the amount. That would have been nice to know prior to billing taking place.

kelty11@verizon.net
09-16-2018, 10:51 AM
Luckily I noticed it in in magazine and emailed for clarification this past Mon. Otherwise I would have out of luck. Should have paid FSS8 in full. I do think a 1 month notification would have been nice. Did they forget?

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
09-17-2018, 06:17 AM
I'm trying to understand how those on the billing cycle don't know the amounts that were to be billed. Last time I did the fss, I did the payments and all I had to do was take the total, subtract the first payment (which I had to pay for the order) and the balance I divided by 2 and made dang sure I had that much in the bank regardless of when they were going to bill it.........Since then, did they change the ordering and payment process? Everybody knew this day was coming (I will agree a longer notice would have been preferred)................

wuala87@gmail.com
09-17-2018, 09:46 AM
This is the first time I have ordered an FSS, but I was doubtful about the comments that they did not know the amount of fees. Using logic should be like you mentioned.

blowtorch1984@yahoo.com
09-17-2018, 10:05 AM
When I did FSS7 there was a slight change in price. I just figured it was because of postal rates going up.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
09-17-2018, 02:46 PM
In FSS 7, there was supposedly a large increase in shipping and handling charges. That is why some are concerned regarding the total amounts.

blowtorch1984@yahoo.com
09-17-2018, 02:49 PM
In FSS 7, there was supposedly a large increase in shipping and handling charges. That is why some are concerned regarding the total amounts.

Exactly why

axonrey@gmail.com
09-17-2018, 05:03 PM
This is also a substantial change from the originally proposed billing dates as agreed to when the sub was purchased. Both were scheduled to occur before the end of the year, so it's unclear to me why the dates have been changed.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
09-17-2018, 05:08 PM
I seem to recall that we were originally told the dates would occur in October and December. We have been recently told that the change was due to the contract ending. It has also been said that the change was made so that the payments "would not interfere with our holiday shopping". October is about to become very expensive what with the last of the installments and the final 12 with Zartan and the Nightstalkers. coming up.

blowtorch1984@yahoo.com
09-17-2018, 05:29 PM
I seem to recall that we were originally told the dates would occur in October and December. We have been recently told that the change was due to the contract ending. It has also been said that the change was made so that the payments "would not interfere with our holiday shopping". October is about to become very expensive what with the last of the installments and the final 12 with Zartan and the Nightstalkers. coming up.

Originally it was Oct and Dec. From my understanding the contract is ending in Dec.

axonrey@gmail.com
09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Yes, and the contract was ending in December when those dates were selected prior to the sub, so i don't understand the reason for the change. I can plan my own holiday shopping.

blowtorch1984@yahoo.com
09-17-2018, 05:51 PM
Yes, and the contract was ending in December when those dates were selected prior to the sub, so i don't understand the reason for the change. I can plan my own holiday shopping.

Exactly. I really don't help from the club to do my holiday shopping. Also isn't it considered a contract we entered into when we made the first payment? Initial payment with one in Oct and another in Dec.....so breach of contract?

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
09-17-2018, 07:16 PM
Exactly. I really don't help from the club to do my holiday shopping. Also isn't it considered a contract we entered into when we made the first payment? Initial payment with one in Oct and another in Dec.....so breach of contract?

I'm pretty sure it says somewhere in the terms and services that those dates and even the shipping and handling charges are subject to change. I'm not saying I like that, but it's far from "breach of contract".

blowtorch1984@yahoo.com
09-17-2018, 07:32 PM
We're at the mercy of the Collector's Club

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
09-17-2018, 08:21 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way about it. Yet I'm going to try and stay positive. After all, we are about to be into fss8, along with the final 12, night stalkers and another version of Zartan with a 3 wheeled motorcycle!!!! At least they are trying to get us as much as possible, or so it seems. I'd say not bad considering only 3 1/2 months left before the contract ends!!

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
09-17-2018, 09:29 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way about it. Yet I'm going to try and stay positive. After all, we are about to be into fss8, along with the final 12, night stalkers and another version of Zartan with a 3 wheeled motorcycle!!!! At least they are trying to get us as much as possible, or so it seems. I'd say not bad considering only 3 1/2 months left before the contract ends!!

I, for one, agree with this sentiment. However, am I the only whose credit card statement still does not show that I have been billed?

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
09-17-2018, 09:41 PM
I, for one, agree with this sentiment. However, am I the only whose credit card statement still does not show that I have been billed?

You’re not the only one. I haven’t seen a charge go through, but I trust it will eventually happen. Others on social media sites have noticed the same.

blowtorch1984@yahoo.com
09-18-2018, 08:47 AM
I just called due to the delay with the email they are billing today 9/18.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
09-18-2018, 08:06 PM
Billing did go through today. Not as bad as I had anticipated. Bring on the final billing and the figures.

kelty11@verizon.net
09-20-2018, 02:36 PM
My billing went through on Tues. morning. I was little unhappy that it was $5 more than last time. I don't understand how the USPS shipping is $30. Overnight maybe, but not regular first class. I've shipped far larger and heavier items at Christmas for $6-$12 (USPS, Fed Ex,etc.). Also, the shipping should be less if the Club has a merchant account with Fed Ex or the USPS.

rjhiii@sover.net
09-22-2018, 02:08 PM
Shipping includes any additional unforeseen cost coming from overseas that changed from the time the orders were places. If it cost $2/figure more than expected, and x% of the orders are prepaid in full the cost are spread over the Y% remaining and that may mean $5 per person. In addition, any tariffs, taxes, or fees new to the shipment are also spread the same way. If everyone prepaid in full, the Club would have to absorb the whole cost, but since they have some open accounts they can adjust to cover them those paying in installments see the bumps. Glad I bit the bullet in full up front...