PDA

View Full Version : SPOILERS! FSS 7.0 Figure Discussion

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
07-10-2018, 01:17 PM
SPOILER ALERT! Do not continue reading if you want to be surprised by the figures in the FSS 7.0 shipments!

We have a no spoilers thread to let people know when the FSS figures are arriving, but many members have their first shipment already (or know who is coming through other means), so I figured we should have a spoilers thread for those that want to discuss the figures as they arrive.

If you don't want the surprise spoiled, stop reading this thread now (why did you open it anyway?)!

The first two figures are:

Tread(Skid)mark and Ice Viper Officer

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
07-10-2018, 01:31 PM
I don't actually have an FSS 7 subscription (first time ever), but I did pick up Skidmark (yes I'm going to call him that) from another collector, so here are my thoughts on the first two. First of all, I kind of like that they paired up two vehicle drivers against each other in the first shipment, even though we don't have a modern era Desert Fox for Skidmark to drive.

Skidmark came out almost as well as he could have. It's a reused head, but it looks just like him, and I usually display figures like this with the helmet on anyway, so I'm not bothered that it isn't removable (though I know some people deduct points for that). Other parts choices look good and the accessories are fine for a figure that never had any to begin with (well, except the vehicle). My only complaint is the torso does not have the texture that the sleeves do which would make his shirt look really weird, but I guess it's mostly hidden by the vest. Not sure why the 25th Beachhead torso or POC Snake Eyes torso wasn't used to match the sweater look of the sleeves. I know for sure that the head and vest fit on the POC Snake Eyes torso.

Ice Viper Officer actually looks pretty cool and would be great in the 50th anniversary Wolf, if he had come with that vehicle set. As an FSS figure, he is an example of why I skipped this wave. Even though he looks good, and some people really like him and are glad to have him commanding a Cobra Wolf squad, would anybody have missed him if he wan't included? Would we even notice we didn't have a modern era Ice Viper Officer? There are other repaint/kitbashed characters that could have been included that would have been higher on the priority list for most people.

Character selection aside, I think both figures came out well for what they are supposed to be, and we might see the next two soon, if the club tries to catch up to their schedule.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
07-10-2018, 01:55 PM
I think we're all going to get admonished for calling the character his actual, original name, Skidmark, but I agree with you that that's what the character should have been called in is ME figure.

eclusion@yahoo.com
07-10-2018, 05:58 PM
My Ice Viper Office has loose goggles that sag on his face. Does anyone else's figure have this issue?

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
07-10-2018, 08:52 PM
I’ve seen some other pics online like that (and some with the belt on upside down). The goggles can be positioned so they look pretty good sitting on the helmet, but if you were keeping it MOC I’m not sure what you can do.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
07-10-2018, 09:00 PM
Their all like that in the package, but once you take them out you'll see the goggles are fine and it looks better

j_yoders@hotmail.com
07-11-2018, 08:10 AM
Mine actually look fine over his eyes in the package. Looks no worse than a snowmobile driver with big goggles or F1 racers with those breakaway sunglasses goggles.

troysheets2001@yahoo.com
07-11-2018, 01:28 PM
I didn’t care for his goggles so I switched em.

terran_brackiatt@yahoo.com
07-11-2018, 09:27 PM
i honestly thought that Skidmark's (oops, i did it, too :P ) pants and shirt came out way better than the mockup... but the orange makes me want to add black tiger stripes all over his vest and pants.

i might want another ice-viper officer though, (or maybe a regular ice-viper, doesn't really matter) for the helmet and goggles. they would make a perfect Blizzard helm, imo, if i could only find a suitable brown-haired head.

kelty11@verizon.net
07-12-2018, 08:00 AM
I am very happy with the first assortment. However, the Ice Viper Officer is best of the pair. I can't believe the Flaming Moth version was from 11 years ago. Yikes. It was also great to get two vehicle drivers.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
07-12-2018, 03:39 PM
Well, it seems like we just got the first set and here comes the next wave of FSS 7.0. Hopefully they keep this pace up so we get through 7 and get to FSS 8 soon.

The next two figures are:

Dusty & Sandstorm
Dreadnok Kaos

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
07-12-2018, 05:15 PM
Dusty looks ok. He would look better if he had a neck, but his head appears to sit a little low. Sandstorm looks better than expected. I was afraid he’d look too much like Timber, but the different color seems to creat just enough difference to make a wolf acceptable as a coyote. Kaos looks pretty good! He’s a little plain looking but still a great figure! I’m gladly adding him to my Dreadnok team. I didn’t need another Dusty figure because the POC version is so great! But, since this new version comes with Sandstorm, I may replace the POC version with the FSS7 version. 4 solid figures in FSS7 so far; keep them coming Club!!!

wuala87@gmail.com
07-13-2018, 06:51 AM
the web gear of Dusty fss 7 to whom it belongs?

charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com
07-13-2018, 08:16 AM
FSS 7.0 shipment one just arrived in Miramichi, New Brunswick Canada. Very happy. Enjoy the summer everyone.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
07-13-2018, 09:54 AM
I believe that webgear was first used with the POC Jungle Duke figure (https://www.yojoe.com/action/10/duke42.shtml), and has been used on several others since then: Slaughters Marauders (7 pack) Spirit, Oktober Guard Stormavik, Retaliation Kamakura, Retaliation wave 2 Flint, Joe Con Skymate, 50th blue Dusty, and possibly some more I'm forgetting.

07-13-2018, 11:16 PM
POC 30th Stalker also uses the Dusty webgear. Speaking of Dusty... the DG Duke head (which is just a blond 30th / 50th Dusty head) works just fine for a slightly longer neck. It's a slightly lighter skin tone, but i think it works fine as "farmer's tan" kind of look.

kelty11@verizon.net
07-14-2018, 10:51 AM
I was very surprised to see wave 2 arrive so quickly after W1. Overall I'm happy with the figures. Dusty is nice ME update to the '91 figure. I too was concerned that Sandstorm would look too much like a desert version of Timber. However the coloring is very good and I don't immediately think of Timber. What's up with his neck? It looks like he's hunched or trying to trying to prevent a sunburn.

Koas is a nice Dreadnok trooper figure and great companion piece to Heartwrencher. Personally, I would have preferred a different character, but what can you do?

Looking forward to Waves 3 and 4 arriving in the next few weeks as the next installment in this Mon.

08-11-2018, 09:23 AM
wave 3 is:

Kangor
Arctic Cobra Commander

honestly, the 2 i was looking LEAST forward to. (I never got Big Boa, so Kangor might end up acting out both their parts) But now that they're out of the way, the remaining shipments will definitely put a big smile on my face.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-11-2018, 02:17 PM
How the heck have the CANADA shipments gotten there from Fort Worth, Texas before shipments from there to Chicago?

julestobin@gmail.com
08-11-2018, 05:15 PM
Not sure. But I have noticed they are arriving very few days after they are posted online. Never used to be so close together.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
08-11-2018, 09:52 PM
Next shipment is supposed to go out next Tuesday at least that's what I was told yesterday

kelty11@verizon.net
08-12-2018, 10:38 AM
I just received mine. The PO left my box outside the building yesterday during a heavy downpour (any fellow Joes in NYC know we've been having on off monsoon level rain this week :( ) Luckily there was no water damage.

On to the figures:
Kangor - I liked this Big Boa companion piece, but why start a S. Amer. special team when the club is ending at the end of the year?
Arctic Cobra Commander - My favorite of the wave. Perfect companion to Dr. Mindbender. Now I'll have to hunt down the Arctic Trooper set from 2009 (Arrgh!). Would have liked to received Baroness and Destro in Arctic gear (Maybe Hasbro or Hascon - I jest sarcastically).

Looking forward to the next pair.

08-12-2018, 09:35 PM
An Arctic Baroness would have been nice! As far as Destro; just use the POC Arctic Destro.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-13-2018, 10:12 AM
An Arctic Baroness would have been nice! As far as Destro; just use the POC Arctic Destro.

Thanks for the suggestion. Completely forgot about him.

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
08-16-2018, 04:50 AM
Hawk is all sorts of bad. What happened here!?

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
08-16-2018, 10:22 AM
I was very much looking forward to General Hawk. This in hand figure is hugely disappointing. Still, all in all, he's "ok" and will join my display. I'm just not happy with how the paint was done.

dgmgundam@yahoo.com
08-16-2018, 10:45 AM
Disappointed that Hawks deco doesn’t match the vintage styled colors of the mock up and disappointed that they GLUED BUDO’S HEAD INTO HIS HELMET. What’s up with glueing things that shouldn’t be glued- heads and helmets?

hb_chris@hotmail.com
08-16-2018, 11:47 AM
I'm so disappointed in FSS7 Hawk. Why are the browns orange? Where are the paint apps? This can't be intentional, right?

kelty11@verizon.net
08-16-2018, 02:56 PM
Haven't received mine yet, but from what I can tell Hawk is huge disappointment. The mock-up from a few months ago used the classic '91 deco. The actual production version looks suspiciously like the Funskool figure. What is up with that?

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
08-16-2018, 03:44 PM
Just got mine. Trying to decide if to open or not. I thought budos helmet was removable?

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-16-2018, 06:22 PM
Hawk is just all sorts of bad. The paint does not match what was shown in the preview and not in a "it's not metallic" way, but in a THAT COLOR IS NOT BROWN AT ALL way. It looks nothing like the original and the helmet looks like he couldn't breath if he was actually a small human wearing it. Wow, this is bad.

leo@joebattlelines.com
08-16-2018, 10:40 PM
Sadly, this is not at all what was shown in the digital mockup. The lower torso is different from what was shown which now means the harness won't snap shut, and the colors have been changed. I don't know if we'll ever get an official answer as to why but these changes have rended Hawk a "don't take out of the package or you'll be disappointed" figure.

VERY disappointed with this one.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-17-2018, 09:06 AM
I received my figures yesterday.

Here's my verdict:
1. Budo - a very nice figure and excellent representation of the '88 figure. Too bad the helmet was glued in place. Is there a way to safely remove it?
2. Hawk - Again, a major disappointment. To me it doesn't look as bad in person as in photos online. The green could have been darker, but I think it still works. The "orange" looks like an attempt at a metallic brown. It's not just the GIJCC figures. For several years I've noticed a decline in the quality and color palate used by Chinese factories on action figure lines. I see Hawk as another victim of the QC decline in overseas.

FYI - The Funskool variants are kind of fun but they don't all work. Windmill is one of the few variants that looks better than the original, color-wise.

Can't wait the for next rounds & the mystery figure.

biggs369@gmail.com
08-17-2018, 10:04 AM
Budo looks good, although the glued on helmet was a bad idea. But what happened to Hawk? Instead of the vintage colors, we get a Funskool repaint?? Sorry to say, but it looks terrible.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-17-2018, 10:22 AM
Even the pinstripes are wrong. They're supposed to be wide stripes that would look like padding on the flight suit. These make it look like Hawk is going racing.

dgarlit@gmail.com
08-17-2018, 11:24 AM
The changes made to Hawk are simply unacceptable. That is not what we were shown. I seriously want an explanation and my money back on that one.

wuala87@gmail.com
08-17-2018, 11:43 AM
As for Hawk he was a figure who looked forward to it, I know he is warned that colors may vary but this is too much, with that logic Hawk could have painted yellow skin like a simpson and it should be that "colors may vary" . I do not attack anyone with my comment, I hope it is respected.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
08-17-2018, 11:52 AM
I fear that "This is a digital mock-up. Final figure details and colors are subject to change." is about the best explanation to be expected. I, however, would rather have it explained that Budo was advertised as having a removable helmet and a new head sculpt, yet the freaking helmet is GLUED to the same said "NEW" head sculpt.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-17-2018, 12:19 PM
I think the gluing, in the case of both the Snake Armor and Budo, this looks like simple communication. If someone at the factory in China has a belief that consumers want helmets and armor glued together then they just go ahead and produce it that way. Someone at FP should be specifically telling them DO NOT DO THAT OUR CUSTOMERS DON'T WANT THAT and that's where it looks like the communication isn't happening.

wuala87@gmail.com
08-17-2018, 12:27 PM
Also the lower torso is different on Hawk.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-17-2018, 12:37 PM
I'm probably going to just sell my Hawk to someone who likes the Funskool colors. This is NOT what I signed up for. At all. As many have said, the lower torso is different and you can't snap closed the webgear because of it so it's a parts problem as well as a colors problem. Just not at all what was shown. Kind of a bummer because this WAS one of the figures I was looking forward to.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
08-17-2018, 04:41 PM
Leave it to my lady to find the one thing that helps me accept General Hawk a little easier.... "He looks like he belongs in the ECO Warriors". Yes, dear. Yes, he does. Score one for the lovely lady.

troysheets2001@yahoo.com
08-17-2018, 06:09 PM
His color scheme could work for tiger force as well

08-17-2018, 07:01 PM
General Hawk.. i honestly think the darker brown would have been better for him, but alas! they'll have to make do with new parts and names instead...

TL-DR: I, too, was disappointed, so I customized them.

JFRiley11@yahoo.com
08-18-2018, 06:37 AM
Haven’t opened mine yet, but been seeing a lot of people complaining that they glued the helmet to Budo’s head. Any truth to that and any good way to fix without screwing him up?

kelty11@verizon.net
08-18-2018, 11:23 AM
Why design a new headsculpt and then make a helmet not removable? It boggles the mind.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
08-18-2018, 11:37 AM
Haven’t opened mine yet, but been seeing a lot of people complaining that they glued the helmet to Budo’s head. Any truth to that and any good way to fix without screwing him up?

It's completely true. If you don't mind a bit of paint work on your own, you can heat up the head using hot water (or a low set blow dryer) to loosen up the plastic some. The helmet will require a small amount of wiggle/pry, but should come off easily enough with minimal paint loss. Paint the missing "hair" from that point and you're golden.

JFRiley11@yahoo.com
08-18-2018, 01:47 PM
That’s just ridiculous to glue the helmet to the new sculpt head. These last two figures seem to be an overwhelming disappointment to the fan base. I have literally seen nothing but dissatisfaction with Hawk and Budo. How sad that two pretty awesome figures could be messed up so badly.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-19-2018, 10:56 AM
I wonder if anyone went to china to inspect the samples? There is always something lost in translation - at least it seems so when reading updates from various Kickstarter projects.

jagermonster72@sky.com
08-19-2018, 11:19 AM
from what I can see , none of the paint apps on general hawk are the same as the mock up , the overall green is much darker , the brown has been replaced with a sickly orange , are the lighter green highlights/stripes still there ? this is really sub-standard and a real disappointment , especially now hearing about budo's glued helmet.

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
08-19-2018, 11:31 AM
Fellows. Everybody calm down. You might be pushing blame where it doesn't need to go. That is until the club gives an explanation. If they ever decide to. Yet a disclaimer is just that. That is the chance we take ordering these figures that are made thousands of miles away. It's part of the risk. And everyone can be upset, yet it doesn't change that very simple fact. Another thing is this. Apparently not everyone is unhappy about the change. Hawk is selling like hot cakes on eBay and such. Me personally, I don't like it. I think it should look like the original mock up. But right now, it is what it is.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-19-2018, 12:37 PM
#### #### #### ##### ######

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
08-19-2018, 01:40 PM
I'm in a silent minority here. After opening the figures, doing a few tweaks to Hawk (using a hair dryer to soften and stretch his web gear and then letting cool into place being the fist thing) I really enjoy him. Budo was a mistake, yes. Are there those that are unhappy? Sure. Are there those maniacs like me who will buy it all anyway? Again, yes. Especially, for me anyway, its a yes when I consider the alternatives. I could be getting no figures at all for the foreseeable future without FunPub making them or, I could be attempting to custom make figures and have the same general issues because I can't paint work a lick. I prefer to be grateful to FunPub for all of the countless figures I have that were produced under their license and be happy for what I can get.

jfunk@sympatico.ca
08-19-2018, 02:50 PM
I need to go to my mailbox to see what all the fuss is about lol

skoor.cr@gmail.com
08-19-2018, 10:29 PM
You know something is wrong when the card art is in one color and the figure is in another and quality control doesn't ask themselves "That's odd, these may not be correct. "

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
08-20-2018, 07:13 AM
You know something is wrong when the card art is in one color and the figure is in another and quality control doesn't ask themselves "That's odd, these may not be correct. "

You got a point. Even if the color was over looked at the start of the production run, you would think it would have been caught at the looking at the final product stage. This would lead people to believe the color and parts change was very intentional. Yet, what can you do? What's done is done. To those who want the figure, you either accept it or you don't. Me personally, I want the figure and will customize it as best as I can. I am with Crimson Officer on I would rather have the base than trying to make one from scratch.

jagermonster72@sky.com
08-20-2018, 01:46 PM
personally , I feel that Hasbro themselves should be complained to about the general hawk debacle , firstly as they have to sign off on all final approvals , and secondly it's their products legacy and image that is being destroyed by these mistakes/errors .

wuala87@gmail.com
08-20-2018, 02:06 PM
The amazing thing is that no one gives explanations, almost a week after the first Hawk in the mail, no one is interested in the fans' worries

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
08-20-2018, 02:24 PM
That translation makes WAY more sense. I knew I had to be off, I thought it was "no one cares"... my mistake. That's the key, Salvo, if anyone would take two seconds to simply say "here's what happened, we apologize, but, we can't fix it now" I'd be far happier.

leo@joebattlelines.com
08-20-2018, 02:37 PM
That translation makes WAY more sense. I knew I had to be off, I thought it was "no one cares"... my mistake. That's the key, Salvo, if anyone would take two seconds to simply say "here's what happened, we apologize, but, we can't fix it now" I'd be far happier.

Spot on!

At this point, I'm more curious than anything else. Why the switch to the Funskool colors on General Hawk? Why is Budo's helmet glued down?

Just a simple answer would go a long way.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-21-2018, 12:54 PM
If Hasbro signed off then something is really rotten in the state of Darklonia! My interpretation is that there was a factory error at the end of the process that couldn't easily be reversed without delaying the figure. Shouldn't the factory in China have the CMYK codes, or whatever is used in toy production. "Gold 5" is the "Gold 5" in the USA, China, India, etc.

rjhiii@sover.net
08-26-2018, 12:15 PM
And if anyone did not catch the last episode of Just another GI Joe Show, we have confirmation of what mistake was made on Hawk, and how it was made, and that the designer of the figure feels really, really, really bad about how that mistake occurred. We also have confirmation that the factory, on their own, sometimes glues loose fitting accessories and the samples usually get caught and corrected, but given the accelerated time frame it might have been missed, or the secondary sample step might have been skipped all together to meet the tight deadlines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOYVdRaK_ts at 26 minutes in the General Hawk discussion starts

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
08-26-2018, 02:29 PM
That must have been tough for the designer to admit to. Kudos for him to bring this to light, too bad it happened but it proves no one is perfect and I appreciate knowing what happened. Thanks Bobby.

dgmgundam@yahoo.com
08-26-2018, 05:14 PM
I do very much appreciate Bobby’s honesty. Communication goes a long way.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
08-26-2018, 07:26 PM
Truthfully, Bobby's honesty and dedication to truth is a bit refreshing. It somehow makes the figure much more tolerable. A bit hard to watch the emotion with which he addresses the issues, but a darn good explanation.

kelty11@verizon.net
08-29-2018, 10:33 AM
Yes, I commend Bobby Vala for his honesty about the error. It's so rare now for people to admit their mistakes without passing blame on to others (especially in the corporate world).

j_yoders@hotmail.com
09-02-2018, 07:35 PM
While Bobby Vala's honest response is nice it DOES NOT explain everything in my personal opinion.

kelty11@verizon.net
09-03-2018, 10:03 AM
#### #### ###### ####### #######

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
09-03-2018, 05:00 PM
This is something that should probably be left alone guys. Onto bigger and better things....like spoilers!!! So when's the next shipment due!!

09-03-2018, 07:25 PM
Probably sometime this week, since some Collectors have already reported shipping label notices from USPS.

autobotcitycomics@hotmail.com
09-04-2018, 10:54 AM
Has anyone found any ltricks to getting this harness to actually connect hot water maybe hairdryer?

rjhiii@sover.net
09-04-2018, 07:21 PM
Someone said to cross connect them ie connect the bottom one to the top and the top one to the bottom. mine is still sealed until Christmas, january or February when I give them as a gift.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
09-04-2018, 08:47 PM
has anyone found any ltricks to getting this harness to actually connect hot water maybe hairdryer?

Heat definitely works

rjhiii@sover.net
09-06-2018, 11:45 AM
Next two figures are inbound...

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
09-07-2018, 04:47 PM
Crystal Ball's jacket and sleeves could be darker, yet they are still a brown color. Not sure about somebody calling it a cream color. His neck does look a little long, but I can live with it.

dgmgundam@yahoo.com
09-08-2018, 01:28 AM
I’m confused about what’s going on with Crystal Ball’s deco around his knees. The left knee is gray, but his left upper and lower leg at the knee are black when it should all be gray. Also, the right knee is black and the upper and lower right leg at the knee are black- again when they should be gray. Not sure why they don’t match...

kelty11@verizon.net
09-08-2018, 10:49 AM
1. Crystall Ball - While I agree that the brown should have been darker and that his neck is slightly too long the figure is a very nice update to the '87 one. Also the holo sticker on the shield is great.

2. Tomax - Again, another great figure. I hope his suit can be "buttoned" though.

rjhiii@sover.net
09-08-2018, 04:29 PM
I’m confused about what’s going on with Crystal Ball’s deco around his knees. The left knee is gray, but his left upper and lower leg at the knee are black when it should all be gray. Also, the right knee is black and the upper and lower right leg at the knee are black- again when they should be gray. Not sure why they don’t match...

The lower legs used, one of the boots is "rolled down" and the other is not.

julestobin@gmail.com
09-13-2018, 12:58 AM
I got my Crystal Ball ,and stared straight into the shield.. I think he would look good in a Cobra Buzz Boar with Yellow CrocMaster's magnum!

jagermonster72@sky.com
09-27-2018, 01:22 PM
well , the final Fss figures have arrived to some people already , I won't spoil the surprise of who the 13th figure is , except to say its a big thumbs down from me , I don't remember asking for this character .

JFRiley11@yahoo.com
09-27-2018, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I would like to see how many lists he was on. Hell, even one list. I’m pretty sure he was the last character I would have wanted in modern era form.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
09-27-2018, 04:36 PM
Guys, this is a spoiler thread. It’s been here since the beginning to let people know what’s coming and if they don’t want to know, they shouldn’t have clicked in here. It’s Hollow Point.

rjhiii@sover.net
09-27-2018, 05:51 PM
Well with all the hype of the 13th, we get a figure from an era no one requested, of a character most fans had never heard of. To say I am disappointed is an understatement, especially since I know the last mystery figure is Ninja Force... What a bust... At least Stalker looks like an awesome update.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
09-27-2018, 07:57 PM
He looks pretty accurate to the original release but an odd choice of a 13th, especially when at least half a dozen characters from the 87-91 run could have been done without new sculpts.

I know he didn't fit the clues, but I was secretly hoping for L'n'F Tripwire with an orange memory stick that had the story the tape had.

etquick2003@yahoo.com
09-27-2018, 08:42 PM
Who in the world is Hollow Point??

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
09-27-2018, 08:49 PM
He came with a Built to Rule vehicle. Basically a Lego / Joe mix.

troysheets2001@yahoo.com
09-27-2018, 09:28 PM
He was on my list.

ATBotts78@gmail.com
09-27-2018, 09:36 PM
I’ve been a big list thread guy for years and I’ve never seen him requested once. With a code name like that, he would’ve been very easy to remember.

jfunk@sympatico.ca
09-28-2018, 05:11 AM
I kinda like the randomness, does he have kreo connections on his forearms?

charles.phillips@penske.com
09-28-2018, 06:42 AM
I'm really a fan of all three and if anyone wants to get rid of theirs I would buy or trade. Stalker is awesome, love the kayak and he feels like a huge win. Tiger Force Jinx is better than expected, face is a little blah and yeah I would've preferred her hair be spiky. Hollow Point looks like a real fun character. I did a custom that I used a Thor head on but this figure looks really solid and his hat kinda makes him stand out from just a generic soldier. I'm very happy with these three. Not exuberant, not wow'd but happy.

jk.fregia.77@gmail.com
09-28-2018, 08:55 AM
Not the Downtown, Super trooper, or lightfoot most people wanted. Even with the inundation of Tiger force, we would have preferred a tiger force tripwire because it would have completed something, maybe even a listen'n fun tripwire.

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
09-28-2018, 10:10 AM
I really thought we were getting Sparks. But this guy!? It's not bad, as he will display nicely. But not what we really wanted either. Being as this is the end for the club, we soulda gotten a more requested figure. I'll also add that this FSS had more issues than any other.

nicolebartek@yahoo.com
09-28-2018, 12:13 PM
His stand says Hallow Point

09-28-2018, 03:53 PM
yeah, i liked this shipment very much.

both Jinx and Stalker turned out better than expected, and that's saying something considering how great the mockups looked.

Hollow Point was actually, confusingly, a pleasant surprise. I've always preferred the "jungle joes" as i call them, because they're camo'd for the jungle. mostly green. super green. plus he's a Marine. not only a Marine, but Recon. i hold a special place in my heart for Marines. i blame my dad. he served during 'nam as a Marine. i can't remember if i learned the national anthem or the marine corps hymn first. Anyway, i'm glad i got him, MUCH better than the old lego-ish version.

on the topic of 13th:

i'll be perfectly honest here... i was iniitially disappointed that it wasn't Backblast, but i'm also very glad it wasn't another boring tiger force / slaughter's marauders / night force repaint. (i really hate the idea of repaints when there's so many other characters out there. why do we need repaints before the other characters are made?) i appreciate that so many collector's want to "finish their collections," and i appreciate that sometimes repaints are the only way to get "out-of-print" characters, but i kinda always hated the lazy repaint mindset of toy companies in the 80s and 90s.

Kudos

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
09-28-2018, 04:32 PM
I was originally one who called Hollow/Hallow Point an "epic fail". I admit it, I was wrong. It is still a case of "what could have been". As many others have pointed out, there are many other characters that we wanted. However, I'm actually really liking this figure, name stand spelling aside. Good weapon assortment, good head sculpt and an all around solid addition to the "Jungle Joes" as Baconnaire points out. The fact that he is Force Recon makes him all the more valuable to me as a figure.

EDIT: If anyone is looking to place a blindfold on the unmasked head, I have been told that the red sash of Marvel Universe Psylocke or Captain Marvel figures fits well. I have NOT yet tried this, as I am still waiting to receive my sets.

kelty11@verizon.net
09-29-2018, 10:11 AM
I just received my figures this morning and well...

1. Stalker - Absolutely beautiful!! Fantastic build and deco with all original accessories. This is how it should be done people.
2. TF Jinx - Not my favorite, but she helps complete my TF set.
3. Hollow Point - Definitely a surprise. Like other members I was at least expecting Sparks, Lightfoot or Downtown, but I have to say that the build of the figure is pretty good. I had to look him up on YoJoe.com, and then remembered that he was part of the ill-conceived Built to Rule line from 2003-04. I remember being interested in the character, but passing on the set because of the Lego/Duplo "things" on his arms and legs. One positive is that he looks like real-world military. The club version looks like Rock N Roll's long-lost cousin.

patrickryanmurphy@yahoo.com
09-29-2018, 06:35 PM
Once I receive my corrected figure stand with the correct character name I'll be ok with Hollow Point as the 13th bonus figure.

I like that they made his file card less cheesy, its a smart reuse of a good head sculpt and Lowlight is a solid base figure.

But I do need a corrected figure stand. Right now it is a defective product. Please do the right thing for your most loyal members.

kelty11@verizon.net
10-29-2018, 12:01 PM
I've read that the corrected stands have been sent out to club members. Is this true?

skoor.cr@gmail.com
10-29-2018, 01:47 PM
I've read that the corrected stands have been sent out to club members. Is this true?

Yes i got mine last Friday

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
10-30-2018, 04:25 PM
I got corrected stands in on Monday.

jimsnow70@aol.com
10-30-2018, 07:12 PM
Got mine yesterday.

patrickryanmurphy@yahoo.com
10-30-2018, 07:56 PM
I received my replacement Hollow Point stand today. Very happy as I really like this figure.

Thank you Club!