PDA

View Full Version : GIJCC: FSS 8.0 Bonus 13th Mystery Figure?

Commander_Lane
05-01-2018, 01:06 PM
Order Now (https://www.mastercollector.com/fss/login.cfm?eid=1000001)... from the 2018 Figure Subscription Service 8.0 website!

G.I. Joe Collectors' Club members that order and complete the FSS 8.0 subscription will receive a bonus carded 13th mystery figure with their sixth shipment. However, this bonus figure will remain a mystery until the final shipment!

http://www.gijoeclub.com/images/2018/FSS8questionWEB.jpg

Since we have previewed all twelve limited edition figures for this final FSS, we are only going to offer ONE major clue about the mystery figure that will make a great addition to your modern era collection:

- Ninja Force

Make sure to get your subscription before the deadline!

axonrey@gmail.com
05-01-2018, 01:23 PM
There is a few possibilities, but it needs to be Banzai

gjwermund@gmail.com
05-01-2018, 01:26 PM
Ninja force zartan is my guess

jrgrfg@aol.com
05-01-2018, 01:29 PM
Night Force Jinx? Just kidding, I want Banzai.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
05-01-2018, 01:29 PM
I want Zartan, pretty sure it will be Banzai, though.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
05-01-2018, 01:38 PM
There are 4 figures left for the Ninja Force
1. T'gin Zu (unless you count the Dollar General series 2 Storm Shadow)
2. Snake Eyes
3. Zartan
4. Banzai
My guess Banzai

j_yoders@hotmail.com
05-01-2018, 01:46 PM
Skoorcard is right. I just REALLY want it to be Zartan.

leo@joebattlelines.com
05-01-2018, 01:52 PM
I'd hope for Zartan but my guess is also Banzai. If you take the second Dollar General Storm Shadow to be T'Gin-zu then Banzai is the missing member of the team.

He makes the most sense-- the Club completes a roster in their final year.

ctaylor66@hotmail.com
05-01-2018, 02:29 PM
Banzai all the way!!! They have all the parts if you include the Joecon Spirit head. Once he is in hand after Joecon, it would be sweet to see how that head fits on NCL's torso.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
05-01-2018, 05:20 PM
I agree, in principle, with the overratedness of Ninja Force but if we HAVE to get one, I'd say Zartan since he was, you know, a figure that had a big part in the cartoon and the original Marvel comic book.

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
05-01-2018, 05:27 PM
I hope it’s BANZAI!!!! I’ll be ok with Zartan!

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
05-01-2018, 05:43 PM
I think most ninja force fans are asking for banzai, which would be easy to make now that they have the new spirit head.

axonrey@gmail.com
05-01-2018, 06:31 PM
I wouldn't hate Zartan, but to not do Banzai would be silly.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
05-01-2018, 07:50 PM
As I've said before, I'm not a huge ninjaforce fan, but I just don't see how it would be complete without Zartan. Most Ninja Force characters never appeared in the TV show or comics but Zartan was a main character in both and his new look for Ninja Force was completely original and well-received. We already have Slice n' Dice and the Red Ninjas and several versions of the Night Creepers. Doing Banzai without Zartan would still leave a gaping hole in the set. Who's more important? Your average grunt Joe character or your main villain with by far the best backstory and most personality? He's the character who killed the Hard Master!

rjhiii@sover.net
05-01-2018, 07:58 PM
But the bad guys for Ninja Force are Slice and Dice and the Red Ninja's. Pink/Purple dude is the last Ninja Force team member not made on the Joe's side (I am counting orange dollar general storm Shadow as Shih Tzu Gin). But I am with you, I would much rather have the Neon Green, Orange Mohawk Zartan to give my niece and nephew.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
05-01-2018, 08:12 PM
That's the first time we ever saw Zartan's hair!

charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com
05-01-2018, 08:23 PM
Just finished drinking my cup of tea & I read the leaves in the bottom. It's Banzai... time for another cup!!!

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
05-01-2018, 09:30 PM
Anything other than Banzai would leave me in shock. That said, I'm not going to lie, it's slightly disappointing that our final figure ever is from a less than ideal subteam. I'd much rather have seen something that fills a gap from other eras we haven't seen completed.

axonrey@gmail.com
05-02-2018, 05:32 AM
As I've said before, I'm not a huge ninjaforce fan, but I just don't see how it would be complete without Zartan. Most Ninja Force characters never appeared in the TV show or comics but Zartan was a main character in both and his new look for Ninja Force was completely original and well-received. We already have Slice n' Dice and the Red Ninjas and several versions of the Night Creepers. Doing Banzai without Zartan would still leave a gaping hole in the set. Who's more important? Your average grunt Joe character or your main villain with by far the best backstory and most personality? He's the character who killed the Hard Master!

But there's already Zartan figures. Plenty of them. Not doing Banzai would leave a gaping hole in the set moreso. He, after all, is actually in Ninja Force. As a actual fan of Ninja Force, Zartan is less necessary than Banzai.

Also, as the last FSS figure, is rather have a new character and not a reiteration of someone we already have (which covers about every other candidate)

j_yoders@hotmail.com
05-02-2018, 08:32 AM
But Ninja Force Zartan is SO DISTINCT from all his other iterations. He has a mohawk and you can see his whole head! It would be cool to see what the club could do for those leg-mounted throwing knives, too. If they don't give us Ninja Force Zartan I'll probably make one of my own.

tomwensyel@yahoo.com
05-02-2018, 09:48 AM
I just want to throw this idea out there....What about the Ninja version of Firefly from the comics? He was featured pretty heavy for a short run. I wouldnt mind that green and silver version Firefly. His o ring figure is one of my favorites. With that said I would love the mohawk Zartan also.

axonrey@gmail.com
05-02-2018, 10:38 AM
He was technically Battle Corps.

It also what they mean by Ninja Force- the sub-team, or the line brand?

Cause if it's the actual team, that would discount Zartan, Night Creeper, Red Ninja, and Orange Slice (with the last 3 being long shots anyway)

But we won't know anyway until we get it- like a year from now?

ATBotts78@gmail.com
05-02-2018, 12:23 PM
I’m just going to put this guess out there because no one else has, but since we know it’s a ninja, and we already have Slice and Dice, what if it’s Slash? From the 2005 Valor vs Venom line? Slash is almost always forgotten about and rarely used in the same breath as Slice and Dice.

axonrey@gmail.com
05-02-2018, 12:44 PM
It all depends on how loosely we're applying Ninja Force.

tomwensyel@yahoo.com
05-02-2018, 01:31 PM
He was technically Battle Corps.

It also what they mean by Ninja Force- the sub-team, or the line brand?

Cause if it's the actual team, that would discount Zartan, Night Creeper, Red Ninja, and Orange Slice (with the last 3 being long shots anyway)

But we won't know anyway until we get it- like a year from now?

Thanks for the reminder. I couldnt remember what banner his figure was released under. Still have the figure but not the card backing.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
05-02-2018, 04:15 PM
I just think that's the only TRUE second zartan. It's the only one with the leather vest, the leg-mounted throwing knives and the mohawk. The rest were all just variations on Zartan 1. It's, by far, one of the best reinterpretations done of a major character and the day-glo colors actually work on it because, let's remember, he's the leader of the Dreadnoks as well as a ninja. It's the only time we really see Zartan embracing the biker ethos and it fits perfectly with the neon wardrobes of Zarana and Zandar.

frederic.papillon@gmail.com
05-02-2018, 06:16 PM
Too bad Dawn Moreno is not part of the Ninja Force...

j_yoders@hotmail.com
05-02-2018, 07:35 PM
Too bad Dawn Moreno is not part of the Ninja Force...

That's honestly exactly what I DON'T want with any of these 13th figures. There are so many great characters that have never gotten the ME treatment from the original ARAH run that to fill slots with characters from modern comic books would be just be such a huge waste.

ozcouple@live.com
05-02-2018, 08:01 PM
That's honestly exactly who I'd want (Dawn Moreno)!

skoor.cr@gmail.com
05-02-2018, 08:24 PM
That's honestly exactly what I DON'T want with any of these 13th figures. There are so many great characters that have never gotten the ME treatment from the original ARAH run that to fill slots with characters from modern comic books would be just be such a huge waste.

There's no use in complaining, whats done is done. And lets be honest I'm sure everyone has figures that they wished was made instead of what we're getting but that's not going to change anything.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
05-02-2018, 08:55 PM
I would love a Banzai figure to finish Ninja Force. I was still a kid playing with my Joes when the line ended in 94 and I had most of the original Ninja Force figures, but I can understand how some older collectors wouldn't like it. It makes sense to do it in this wave, Banzai and Bushido came out the same year and were referenced as "blood brothers" on each others' file cards. Several people even commented about him when we found out Bushido was in this wave. All of that kind of makes me think it won't be him though because it is so obvious. Since we were already talking about it, I don't think they would have given the Ninja Force hint if that is who it was, but they might be trying to throw us off. Remember when we all thought we were getting TF Jinx a couple years ago? I can't wait for them to start shipping FSS 7 and 8 so we can find out.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
05-03-2018, 08:47 AM
I have a few reasons to think it will be Banzai. A) over the course of 7 FSS installments, we have only received one Cobra as the 13th and that was FSS 1 with Black Out. B) I can't see a troop builder (Red Ninja or Night Creeper) as 13. C) While I love Zartan I can't see a new head sculpt on the very last figure we will ever get and really the only way to do Zartan right is with a new head sculpt.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
05-03-2018, 10:21 AM
I have a few reasons to think it will be Banzai. A) over the course of 7 FSS installments, we have only received one Cobra as the 13th and that was FSS 1 with Black Out. B) I can't see a troop builder (Red Ninja or Night Creeper) as 13. C) While I love Zartan I can't see a new head sculpt on the very last figure we will ever get and really the only way to do Zartan right is with a new head sculpt.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Although I wouldn't completely rule out a Red Ninja since its a simple repaint of Dice. But Banzai is the most logical choice the parts exist and its a new character

etquick2003@yahoo.com
05-03-2018, 11:51 AM
If it was Orange Slice it would be cool and refreshing on a summer day. But Banzai is more likely.

efvogler3rd@yahoo.com
05-03-2018, 03:33 PM
Better by Banzai. I am not a Ninja Force fan, but that finishes the team

rjhiii@sover.net
05-04-2018, 04:57 PM
Bobby Vala "I did that figure already... I am like, Guys, There are, think about it, there are, 13, Ninja force figures that have not been done yet... Everyone thinks it's so easy it can be him or him and I'm like welllll..."

kelty11@verizon.net
05-05-2018, 11:44 AM
Hoping for Banzai, but Punk rocker Zartan would fine.

rjhiii@sover.net
05-05-2018, 12:27 PM
Hoping for Banzai, but Punk rocker Zartan would fine.

But what about the other 11 choices it could be... Bobby Vala is the Hasbro Team member that designed the 13th figure and he kind of indicated the him or him may not be that simple...

skoor.cr@gmail.com
05-05-2018, 01:17 PM
I hate to be tha bearer of bad news but Bobby is wrong. Ninja Force originally consited of 15 figures, the first 6 came out in 92 and they are

1. Dice
2. Dojo
3. Nunchuck
4. Slice (red)
5. Storm Shadow
6. T'J Bang

Last time I checked all of theese figures have been made.
Now in 93 there was 9 figures in all one of them being a variant of a 92 character. 93's set consisted of

1. Banzai
2. Bushido
3. Night Creeper
4. Scarlett
5. Snake Eyes
6. Zartan
7. Red Ninja
8. T'gin Zu
9. Slice (orange)

Now I'm no genius by any means but 9+6=15 and if all 6 characters from 92 have been made and if you count the Dollar General series 2 Storm Shadow as T'gin Zu then you have 3 from 93 made. So lets check our math 15-6=9 and 9-3=6.so who is he trying to add to the group? At best he could be adding the variants of Bushido, Night Creeper, Nunchuck, Slice, Snake Eyes, and Storm Shadow from 94 but the were called Shadow Ninjas not Ninja Force. Which still leaves 6 figures, but lets be honest, with 3 different versions of the Night Creeper , 4 versions of the Red Ninja, Slice in red,and the Dollar General series 2 Storm Shadow as T'gin Zu. I think its a safe bet to count them out, and that leaves Snake Eyes, Zartan, and Banzai left to be made end of story. And I think with tbe multiple versions of Snake Eyes he's also out leaving 2,Zartan and Banzai.

rjhiii@sover.net
05-05-2018, 01:49 PM
I hate to be tha bearer of bad news but Bobby is wrong. Ninja Force originally consited of 15 figures, the first 6 came out in 92 and they are

What was released under the banner, and what is classified at Hasbro under the banner may be two separate things... Since he designed the 13th, and since he works for Hasbro I would put faith in him not being wrong from his internal perspective. Plus he is a self avowed fan of the Ninja Force (of which I never was). I also would not say you are wrong from your limited external point of view, because you are making your assumptions on what you have been exposed to, which is limited because you do not have access to internal stuff at Hasbro.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
05-05-2018, 02:43 PM
What was released under the banner, and what is classified at Hasbro under the banner may be two separate things... Since he designed the 13th, and since he works for Hasbro I would put faith in him not being wrong from his internal perspective. Plus he is a self avowed fan of the Ninja Force (of which I never was). I also would not say you are wrong from your limited external point of view, because you are making your assumptions on what you have been exposed to, which is limited because you do not have access to internal stuff at Hasbro.

Hey I never said that I wanted the 13th figure to be a ninja. SO QUIT RAMMING YOUR WISH LIST DOWN MY THROAT!!!!! I'm trying to be civil , unlike you, I simply pointed out what we as collectors know to be actual Ninja Force characters from either the toy line or the comics. I never once said that theese characters were better than any other characters. And before you go ramming you personal beliefs at other people simply because it's different from yours isn't right. Maybe you should open up a discussion with the other person. You may have more in common than you little brain can handle, yes I said after 3 yrs you have been trying to belittle me every chance you have gotten. I simply asked if there's more ninja characters than are known because they were never released or what ever its not feasible to have them be the last figure the club gives us. So in conclusion grow up and quit being a bully because your not a very good one.

rjhiii@sover.net
05-05-2018, 03:11 PM
Stop reading emotions into a post that are not there. I said, I personally do not like Ninja Force, I personally would not have updated them ever. I have never personally singled you out, and if you feel that way, that is in your reading of my words, not in my thoughts typing them. I do not know who you are nor do I honestly care. Everything you think I said about you, is you inserting your emotional response into a cold text, not my emotions going into the text being typed. Sorry, if you felt like it singled you out, it did not. Your are not that special or memorable for me to direct my ire towards.

My statement is purely factual- you are making assumptions that only the stuff you know about that was released is all there is. The Hasbro employee indicates he personally knows of 13 characters that could fit. Before the concept case, no one knew of Chaos publicly, and thanks to Dan Klingensmith we know their was a design for a Native American inspired Dreadnok. Until those internal reveals were made public only Hasbro employees knew they existed and Dreadnok fans (of which I am) would have argued they never appeared in the cartoons,comics or toys and thereby did not exist. We would be wrong in reality, but from our perspective of what is publicly known would be correct. However, you are right- I did make an assumption that you were not a former or current Hasbro Employee. And If you are, your debate is with Bobby Vala's interpretation of internal ideas that there are 13 more members of the Ninja Force that could be made.

etquick2003@yahoo.com
05-05-2018, 06:27 PM
might need popcorn for this thread. I i’m not a big ninja force or dread knock fan so this one will be a trade. Regardless of who we think is left in ninja force, it is up to the club and/or has row as to who is a member of that team.

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
05-05-2018, 06:47 PM
Back in the day I added Joes of appropriate type to subteams. Not sure I did with Ninja Force but other ones such as Sky Patrol I did (Mainly Major Altitude and Cloudburst)

rjhiii@sover.net
05-05-2018, 09:13 PM
Could it be Budo? The 1995 Ninja commando cancelled version? This Budo was released sort of- This version of Budo was a repaint of the 1993 mail in figure and was supposed to be released in 1995, but was never released. However, the mold was re-used in 1996 to create the Mortal Kombat Movie Edition of Shang Tsung.

Thanks to the Ninja force fans for listing all the figures that were released not truly updated and released under their character names, thanks to the fine folks in the GI Joe FB groups and Hiss Tank for having threads on almost everything GI Joe that can e looked up easily with a BING search This is a list of characters that are in some way "Ninja sub team or specifically Ninja force related."

1. Banzai
2. Snake Eyes (Blue diaper version)
3. Zartan
4. T'gin Zu (Dollar General storm Shadow for most works)
5. Slice (orange) (Basically the Red Slice worked for most people)
6. Lotus Steel (Ninja concept became Jinx and could have been used for Ninja Force Scarlet design)
7. Bushido (Shadow Ninja version)
8. Night Creeper (Shadow Ninja version)
9. Nunchuck (Shadow Ninja version)
10. Slice (Shadow Ninja version)
11. Snake Eyes (Shadow Ninja version)
12. Storm Shadow (Shadow Ninja version)
13. Road Pig (canceled 1995 Ninja Commandos line)
14. Knockout (canceled 1995 Ninja Commandos line)
15. Flint (canceled 1995 Ninja Commandos line)
16 Storm Shadow (canceled 1995 Ninja Commandos line)
17. Budo (canceled 1995 Ninja Commandos line)
18 Dawn Moreno ( would be an addition to Ninja Force and not a historic related character)

So this leaves a list of 18 names, now if you take off 5 for various reasons: Blue Diaper Snake Eyes (and consider the DG Blue/Black version as a Battle Corps/Ninja Force update), Orange DG Storm Shadow (Shih Tzu Gin), Call Slice orange and red basically the same, and throw out Ron Rudat's purely conceptual "Lotus Steel" and Dawn Moreno being added (the only two of these I would want personally for my niece) that leaves us exactly 13 options as Bobby Vala suggested...
Since the Ninja (and honestly Eco Force) focus killed off GI Joe's popularity, it would make sense that the 1995 ninja stuff that never really made it to market could be highlighted for the 13th especially the one that has been the most popular. Since it looks like Budo is the best known of those cancelled figures, being itself a repaint of a Budo figure and being reused for Mortal Combat would make sense that that figure would be the one chosen. Plus it would not be a character dressed in Pink and Purple looking like a S & M reject.

From Yo Joe: "A version of Budo was supposed to be released in 1995 as part of the Ninja Commandos but was never released. However, the mold was re-used in 1996 to create the Mortal Kombat Movie Edition of Shang Tsung."

etquick2003@yahoo.com
05-05-2018, 09:56 PM
Are Ninja force and ninja commandos considered the same groups? If so that opens even more confusing doors.

Macdowin@gmail.com
05-05-2018, 10:19 PM
Ninja Commandos had their own logo, but being unreleased that could have been changed and released as another wave of Ninja Force. The logo looks identical with the red star and the font.

Macdowin@gmail.com
05-05-2018, 10:38 PM
This may mean nothing, but just noticed how Bushido is described. His original file card says Snow Ninja, but this says Ninja Commando.

G.I. JOE NINJA COMMANDO
Code Name: BUSHIDO

rjhiii@sover.net
05-05-2018, 11:35 PM
This may mean nothing, but just noticed how Bushido is described. His original file card says Snow Ninja, but this says Ninja Commando.

G.I. JOE NINJA COMMANDO
Code Name: BUSHIDO

Along this lines Dojo is no longer the "silent weapons" ninja, but also a "Ninja Commando"
Nunchuck is also a "Ninja Commando" and not a "Nunchucka Ninja"

And it would allow the reuse of the new "Budo" head from FSS 7.0

Macdowin@gmail.com
05-06-2018, 12:20 AM
Along this lines Dojo is no longer the "silent weapons" ninja, but also a "Ninja Commando"
Nunchuck is also a "Ninja Commando" and not a "Nunchucka Ninja"

And it would allow the reuse of the new "Budo" head from FSS 7.0

Could have a lot of fun with this. Slice and Dice FSS figures are also Cobra Ninja Commandos. :)

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
05-06-2018, 05:48 AM
Ninja force? Really? Glad for you ninja force fans. At least some will be happy.

wuala87@gmail.com
05-09-2018, 11:15 PM
Black dragon is a ninja force?

skoor.cr@gmail.com
05-10-2018, 09:27 AM
Then by this logic why not add the Ninja Battles figures as well? If FSS 8 number 13 is going to be a ninja, I would rather have characters like

Slash
Tiger Claw
Shadow Strike
Kamakura v1
Black Dragon

Over a figure that was never released. And if you add theese you then have 24 figures to choose from, by your logic.

axonrey@gmail.com
05-10-2018, 12:30 PM
I've made the argument for some time that the Club does not consider Ninja Force to be a sub team for this very reason. They've never actually referenced these characters as related to Ninja Force. I'm not sure they've ever acknowledged Ninja Force (maybe Scarlett was recognized as such, but I don't recall)

And, to an extent, it makes sense since the majority of the members are actually new characters and not repaints, which is customary of "sub-teams". Also, Ninja Force was more of a line-branding, as well. If we consider it a sub-team, Cobra characters would be discounted. If we consider it a brand, then it could be all-inclusive. This doesn't really matter in reference to the 8-13, but it could have for 7-13 (though I don't expect this to be "ninja force" character after the reveal of the 8-13 clue, but considered it possible prior).

But, now that they have outright said "Ninja Force", who knows? That leads me to believe it could be Zartan or Snake Eyes, as Ninja Force would be a necessary descriptor for that particularly deco.

However, I think most of this is to create consternation because I think Banzai is not only the obvious choice, but the actual choice. But we have to debate something for the next 12 months.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
05-10-2018, 04:48 PM
How did we get to "by his logic or your logic or the girl next door's logic"? Here's the logic: we're still just a bunch of big kids playing with and collecting toys. The 13th could be the Ninja Force Janitor for all I care. I'm just happy for one more figure and simultaneously heart broken that the figure will be the very last I get from the club...

skoor.cr@gmail.com
05-10-2018, 05:15 PM
How did we get to "by his logic or your logic or the girl next door's logic"? Here's the logic: we're still just a bunch of big kids playing with and collecting toys. The 13th could be the Ninja Force Janitor for all I care. I'm just happy for one more figure and simultaneously heart broken that the figure will be the very last I get from the club...

Couldn't agree more. I'm just tired of some people who think they know everything and are never wrong. I said it before and I'll say it again what's done is done. There's nothing left to argue or complain about, just accept it and try to enjoy it.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
05-10-2018, 06:32 PM
^^^this. All the way. I'm excited to get these in my hands.

Macdowin@gmail.com
05-11-2018, 02:13 PM
Couldn't agree more. I'm just tired of some people who think they know everything and are never wrong. I said it before and I'll say it again what's done is done. There's nothing left to argue or complain about, just accept it and try to enjoy it.

If I am one of those people you are referring to, I don't know everything. Just tossing out a theory. Sometimes it is fun to have a discussion with someone, in regards to a shared hobby. It may not be 100% grounded in facts, but the speculative discussion is fun. If we quit talking and sharing ideas, thoughts and theory's, the online hobby will die. We don't have new product and a movie is a couple years away. We have to find new ways of enjoying our hobby. I apologize if sharing my guess a couple times came off as someone who is never wrong. I have been away from the hobby for a couple years, after losing most of my collection, and was really enjoying getting back into something I love. Truce. :)

skoor.cr@gmail.com
05-14-2018, 01:43 PM
If I am one of those people you are referring to, I don't know everything. Just tossing out a theory. Sometimes it is fun to have a discussion with someone, in regards to a shared hobby. It may not be 100% grounded in facts, but the speculative discussion is fun. If we quit talking and sharing ideas, thoughts and theory's, the online hobby will die. We don't have new product and a movie is a couple years away. We have to find new ways of enjoying our hobby. I apologize if sharing my guess a couple times came off as someone who is never wrong. I have been away from the hobby for a couple years, after losing most of my collection, and was really enjoying getting back into something I love. Truce. :)

Im not talking about you. As far as I know you have never actually came out and told someone else that their wrong because they like something you don't. As far as I'm concerned we're cool. And I dont mind discussions just keep it civil. What I mean is don't bully someone until they think that your way is the only way or their wants/wishlist should be your wants/wishlist.

funpubincadmin
05-14-2018, 02:25 PM
Reminder to stay On Topic. If your post is not directly about the FSS 8.0 mystery figure, it should not be part of this thread and will be deleted per the GIJCC Forum Guidelines.

etquick2003@yahoo.com
05-14-2018, 09:32 PM
Ok let's go back on topic. How many actual ninja commandos could still be made? Ninja force seems to be a relative term. The ninja and commando combo were cool because when I lined up the heavy artillery it kinda made ninjas superfluous. I'm trying to guess which boring ninja force figure I will decide whether to trade or not.

Commander_Lane
05-18-2018, 09:20 AM
FYI... for those of you that don't want to wait a year, we just might have another clue for you at our "GIJCC: The Last Panel" on Sunday afternoon of GIJoeCon weekend.

efvogler3rd@yahoo.com
05-18-2018, 08:15 PM
So how does the concept Vault Ninja figures fit into the equation? I mean we just got Dreadnok Chaos, I figure these guys might all be on the table. I never paid attention to whether they were meant to be part of an expanded Ninja Force subset or something else.

1. Beast Ninja
2. Green Snake Ninja Master
3. Gold Ninja Assassin
4. Dark Ninja Force Leader
5. Ghost Ninja Henchmen
6. Blue Ninja Warrior Monk

I am not even considering the Ninja Zombie figures. Still think it will be Banzai, but if now a clarification is going to be added at the Con, then the plot thickens? KNockout would be a cool addition as a homage to the Ninja Commandos.

I know some of you would like to see Zartan, I would hate it. A sore reminder of what killed the line originally. Nonetheless a fitting figure of stature to signify the sad end of another era for the club and for Joe fans everywhere. So he can't be a Mr. Irrelevant.

axonrey@gmail.com
05-19-2018, 07:49 AM
As the final figure from the Club, the vault ninjas or ninja commandos would just be odd.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
05-19-2018, 08:02 AM
As the final figure from the Club, the vault ninjas or ninja commandos would just be odd.

Agreed. The FSS is supposed to be somewhat based on wants by the club,and unless you were at the convention showing the vault or concept ninjas no one is going to ask for them. And as for the ninja commandos why ask for figures never seen or produced just doesn't make sense to me.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
05-19-2018, 03:23 PM
First of all, I think the most likely figures are Banzai and Zartan. The simplest interpretation of a very vague clue, is that it's an original Ninja Force member we don't have yet, and we can all envision ways of doing these two figures with existing parts. Somebody at the club with decision making power obviously has a soft spot for the original ninjas, even if some older collectors don't like them. We got Dice in FSS 1, T'JBang in a con set, Slice and NCL in FSS 3, then Nunchuk in FSS 4, Scarlett in the crossover set, Dojo in FSS 6, Jinx and Budo in FSS 7, and Bushido in FSS 8. At this point I don't know why they wouldn't include both of these figures somehow.

With that said, the clue didn't specifically say it had to be a member of the original "Ninja Force" branded figures. If you are looking for an outside the box, dark horse pick besides the obvious ones, do you remember what happened towards the end of the original Marvel run? On the cover they started printing "GI Joe Starring SNAKE EYES & NINJA FORCE." They all said that, even if Snake Eyes wasn't really the focus of the issue. I wonder if there are any characters that showed up during those later issues that have loose ties to Ninja Force they might be making?

terran_brackiatt@yahoo.com
05-19-2018, 05:21 PM
issues 132-134, after Cobra invaded the pit, right before the cover change to feature Snake Eyes and the Ninja Force... Duke, Roadblock, Lady Jaye, and Snake Eyes attacked Cobra Island, and found Firefly leading Slice and Dice and the Red Ninjas. (he brainwashed them with the Brainwave Scanner, of course). Firefly used the Arashakage Scorpian Formation to attack Snake Eyes.

so, yeah, Firefly is another possibility.

EDIT: Firefly (v3) from 1993 is the figure drawn in the comic, green in colour with grey accents

jimsnow70@aol.com
05-20-2018, 03:27 PM
Banzai!

But it would be cool if it was Mohawk Zartan.
Anyone else need not apply...

:D

NS550@aol.com
05-20-2018, 05:51 PM
Banzai is the only remaining Ninja Force I would be interested in unless we are counting apprentices, in which case I'd like to see either Junko Akita or Tiger Claw... or a better version of Kamakura possibly with and without his mask.

rjhiii@sover.net
06-24-2018, 11:39 AM
Well Zartan is definitively ruled out...

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
06-24-2018, 01:25 PM
Seeing as some of us aren't in attendance, what rules out Zartan?

06-24-2018, 01:56 PM
Seeing as some of us aren't in attendance, what rules out Zartan?

Ninja Force Zartan is being released, with a doom cycle, as a club exclusive!

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
06-24-2018, 05:38 PM
Ninja Force Zartan is being released, with a doom cycle, as a club exclusive!

Awesome! I love the idea!

j_yoders@hotmail.com
06-24-2018, 08:47 PM
LOVE that we'll get a Ninja Force Zartan with a bike!

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
06-24-2018, 09:35 PM
Yeah!!!! ANOTHER zartan! With an OVER-SIZED tricycle!!!!! Seems like a waste of time, energy, and resources..... Such a disappointment!!

06-24-2018, 09:43 PM
I’m excited about Ninja Force Zartan! I would’ve been ok without the bike, but it’s not a deal breaker; can’t wait!

j_yoders@hotmail.com
06-24-2018, 10:16 PM
It's a completely different build based off a figure that had a different head and was fairly beloved by the fans, even ones who didn't like the '90s stuff. This is ANYTHING but a waste. Go away with that kind of negativity.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
06-25-2018, 10:33 AM
Since Zartan is NOT the FSS 8 mystery figure, we can continue discussing that somewhere else. However, that news does mean Banzai is even more likely to show up (whenever we get the last FSS 8 shipment). I was not at the convention, but I read somewhere that when Zartan was announced a Club staff member made some comment that this might give away the FSS 8 figure, or make it more obvious who it is (sorry, I don't have the direct quote.) I think that definitely hints at Banzai. Even though there are other possibilities that technically fit, he is the most obvious choice. I don't think they would be worried about giving it away, if it was someone else.

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
06-26-2018, 07:00 AM
It's a completely different build based off a figure that had a different head and was fairly beloved by the fans, even ones who didn't like the '90s stuff. This is ANYTHING but a waste. Go away with that kind of negativity.

Whoa little doggie! Hold your horses! It's not negativity my friend! It's called an opinion, and I have to apologize if mine offended you. Look, zartan is over rated and would have been the biggest letdown if it would have been the bonus for fss 8 and also, how many zartan figures have been made? Now, how many other figures still have not been done? So for the bonus 8th I was hoping for something else other than what we are getting. It's not a big deal or the end of the world. It's just plastic.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
06-26-2018, 08:04 AM
Hey, little doggie, your opinion is not an informed one and has no place tearing down a HIGHLY REQUESTED figure. When you say "how many Zartan figures have been made" you AGAIN refuse to acknowledge that this is not just another zartan because it's a different build with an entirely different head just as it was when originally released with Ninja Force. There has never been ANY version of this build or this figure made in the ME format. Ever. It's not accurate to say it's "how many zartan figures have been made?" would be like saying Rock n' Roll v2, Tan Clutch or Tundra Stalker were "letdowns" because they were characters (not figures or builds) that had already been made before.

It's not a big deal or the end of the world, it's just that your frame of reference is all wrong, your opinion is very much a minority one and many, MANY people are excited to be getting a Ninja Force Zartan.

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
06-26-2018, 11:01 AM
Let's be real. It's just an awesome thing that the 11th, 12th, whatever number version of this zartan is NOT going to be the bonus fss 8 figure! And it's really sad you are putting down everyone that shares this opinion. Minority or not.

etquick2003@yahoo.com
06-26-2018, 11:12 AM
Glad for all the ninja force fans, and more glad that Zartan is not the mystery figure. I’m not a ninja force person, it was a big reason I stopped collecting in the first place. I like the sonic fighters but I’m also glad those will be stand alone buys instead of FSS since they are repaints. Is Banzai highly requested also? That will be the first ME appearance of that one

j_yoders@hotmail.com
06-26-2018, 11:23 AM
It's awesome that the figure is getting made with a Doom Cycle. I don't care how it was made and I didn't "put down" anyone, I merely correctly pointed out that you're wrong that this is a "version of Zartan," it's a completely different build with a different head similar to Rock n' Roll 2 or Tundra Stalker, both of which were ALSO highly requested updates of their original O-ring figures. No figure that had a second build like Zartan, Rock n' Roll or Stalker had been left out of having both ME versions, save dress blues Gung-Ho, before this and most think NF Zartan would be a pretty glaring oversight.

I realize you're going to continue to persist with this but I'd just say let it go, man, and move on. We NF Zartan fans got what we wanted and maybe you'll get something you want, too. Not everybody gets exactly what they want every time the Club releases something and just because you're happy we won't get NF Zartan as the 13th figure of FSS 8 but will, instead, get him with a vehicle is no reason to crap on what other people are happy about. Have a nice day.

funpubincadmin
06-26-2018, 04:59 PM
Personal Attacks have been reported and removed. This will be the ONLY reminder that "sarcastic comments" and "name calling" violates GIJCC Forum Policy.

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
06-26-2018, 09:38 PM
#### ##### #### ##### ####### ##### #### ##

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
06-27-2018, 10:19 AM
Let's get back to talking about figures that might actually be the FSS 8 Mystery Figure. I think the obvious choice now is Banzai, and some comments during the club panel make is seem like the obvious choice is the correct choice. Even if he isn't your cup of tea, I think he would be the betting favorite, and I will be really happy if it is him. I can understand why some people don't like Ninja Force, whether they were older and weren't into Joes then, or they prefer more "realistic military" than shoeless/shirtless guys fighting terrorists with bows and arrows. I still played with Joes until 94 and read the comics until the end. I had most of the Ninja Force figures, including Banzai.

With all that said, who are some other "underdog" possibilities? From the official 90s Ninja Force, we still don't have Snake Eyes, Orange Slice, Red Ninja (Dice), or Night Creeper v2. I think the Dollar General figures kind of take care of Ninja Force Storm Shadow and T'Ginzu. I suppose the orange and black version of Night Creeper Leader is possible (not officially Ninja Force according to the original figures, but certainly connected). Firefly v2 (the green and grey one) was a Ninja Force opponent in the comics. We also have some ninja characters created later in the comics or 2000s figures.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
06-27-2018, 02:50 PM
Firefly V2 would be a cool figure to have in ME format IF they got that shade of green right and it was fairly faithful to the original figure. The problem the "ninja" Firefly releases have had to date is they were either a darker shade of blue instead of green or just a variation on V1.

axonrey@gmail.com
06-27-2018, 03:34 PM
Its fun to ponder this but i just can't see a world where its not Banzai. Snake Eyes is the only other possibility is consider just because of the poetry of the last Joe figure being him. Banzai would be odd as a last figure.

But the final 12 also indicates practicality over poetry, so ill stick with Banzai.

ATBotts78@gmail.com
06-27-2018, 04:18 PM
It’s Banzai. No doubt, and that basically completes traditional NF making dollar general considerations etc. I wish it was Slash to compliment Slice & Dice, but it’s Banzai, all day every day, until the club ends.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
06-28-2018, 02:07 PM
Yeah, I think (and hope) it's Banzai too. If it isn't him I'll be more surprised than the time we didn't get TF Jinx. I was just trying to get the thread back on track after all the hoopla.

So what does everyone think about the build for Banzai? There's been a couple of shirtless Storm Shadow figure that could make a great base. Maybe the new Spirit head with pony tail and the Hard master mask? I'm not too worried about the exact part selection as long as they get his pink splatter pants painted right. I think the NCL webgear would be really cool. Not 100% vintage accurate, but it is a cool, seldom used piece that at least has weapons stored on the chest like the original Banzai. And please make sure you include a back pack that can hold the sword. I love sword-holding-backpacks. (It's my only real complaint about Dojo.)

skoor.cr@gmail.com
06-29-2018, 11:10 PM
Night creeper leader is a better base than the shirtless Storm Shadow. Add a ponytail to the Kaos head, it would look better than a head with the hard / blind master's masks. For the legs a mixture upper legs from T'J Bang and the knees and lower legs and feet from Dojo. I agree with the Night Creeper Leader's harness( the square holes at the hips can hold the swords, no need for a backpack). With the exception of Dice no one else's masks are removable, I would be good if Banzai's was permanent as well. I also agree that the pants need to be correctly painted.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
06-30-2018, 07:03 AM
Night creeper leader is a better base than the shirtless Storm Shadow. Add a ponytail to the Kaos head, it would look better than a head with the hard / blind master's masks. For the legs a mixture upper legs from T'J Bang and the knees and lower legs and feet from Dojo. I agree with the Night Creeper Leader's harness( the square holes at the hips can hold the swords, no need for a backpack). With the exception of Dice no one else's masks are removable, I would be good if Banzai's was permanent as well. I also agree that the pants need to be correctly painted.

I’m not sure why you’re disagreeing with my first point. NCL was made from a Storm Shadow figure (parts of several mixed together actually https://www.yojoe.com/action/15/nightcreeperleader3.shtml). I’m not sure how they would “add a ponytail” to an existing head. If it’s cheaper/easier to use a head that already has a ponytail, that’s what we’ll get. And the upcoming Bushido also has a removable mask, so that point is kind of moot.
Im glad we agree on the webgear, I think those belt hooks would absolutely store some swords, sais, or an axe. (They gave NCL a pair of Mac 10s to hang there even though they made no sense for the character.)

skoor.cr@gmail.com
06-30-2018, 09:47 PM
The neck is corrected on the NCL its not leaning forward, the arms have more detail and if you want to use the Spirit head cool just make a new mask. Hard Master's mask looks closer to Vega the Banzai, and Blind Master's is just way too plain