PDA

View Full Version : GIJCC: FSS 8.0 Tenth Figure Preview

Commander_Lane
04-26-2018, 02:49 PM
Order Now (https://www.mastercollector.com/fss/login.cfm?eid=1000001)... from the 2018 Figure Subscription Service 8.0 website!

Our GIJCC Figure Subscription Service 8.0 is an optional separate purchase if you are an active member of the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club. You can subscribe now through the May 2nd, 2018 deadline!

We are very excited to offer the eighth and final limited edition GIJCC FSS (Figure Subscription Service). This assortment contains a variety of club member requested characters from all eras of the 3 3/4-inch G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero series. It includes classic 80's, 90's, 2000's, international, and many never previously released characters to add to your modern era action figure collection. Upon successful completion, you will also receive a BONUS mystery 13th carded action figure with the last shipment.

Each single carded action figure features the highly articulated modern era sculpts with weapons and accessories for them to accomplish any mission!

http://www.gijoeclub.com/images/2018/FSS8recoilWEB.jpg
G.I. JOE L.R.R.P. TROOPER
Code Name: RECOIL
(Inspired by the 1989 action figure.)
Features re-tooled mine case & dual weapon!
Includes: removable helmet, tactical harness, pistol,
assault rifle, mine case, dual tactical weapon,
backpack, combat knife, radio, and figure stand.

NOTE: These modern era club exclusive action figures will not be exact replicas of their vintage counterparts. All images are Photoshop mock-up representations, final product, accessories and/or colors will vary!

axonrey@gmail.com
04-26-2018, 02:55 PM
I think I dig this one. Maybe a lot. Not what I expected, but in a good way.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
04-26-2018, 03:03 PM
Looks true to the original. Wasn't expecting this helmet but it works. I like it

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
04-26-2018, 03:05 PM
Not the helmet I thought either. This is actually far better than I had imagined he would turn out.

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
04-26-2018, 03:10 PM
Like this version better then original

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
04-26-2018, 03:25 PM
I would prefer the original deco, yet I like the digital camo look. I think it would look better with the poc lifeline helmet!!

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
04-26-2018, 03:30 PM
Not digging the digital camo.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-26-2018, 04:06 PM
Never had this figure as a kid but after comparing it to the original from pics I think it looks good.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
04-26-2018, 04:13 PM
Really like the digi-camo, surprised the guns aren't blue and I'm actually glad they're not. I have his original cap, can't wait to try it on him when I get this. Really solid build overall.

NS550@aol.com
04-26-2018, 04:16 PM
I actually think this is an upgrade from the original, i like the falcon backpack, the colors look great, and he actually has a removable helmet. Great work! I could do without the original dual pistol, I always thought it was a bit bulky for the figures but that's not even an issue really.

jrgrfg@aol.com
04-26-2018, 04:21 PM
I think this is a very good update. I like the camo a lot.

jagermonster72@sky.com
04-26-2018, 04:49 PM
seriously , that helmet needs to be changed , even desert fox's peak cap would look better than that , it totally throws the look of the figure , which is a shame as the rest of the figure and accessories all look great.

sheila4420@hotmail.com
04-26-2018, 10:01 PM
This version of Recoil is a great modern update in my opinion. He looks like what an lrrp troop would look like today.

ozcouple@live.com
04-26-2018, 10:18 PM
Nice job, Club. Would have preferred the vintage-styled cap, but dig the digital camo and POC-like modern update.

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
04-26-2018, 10:29 PM
I like how he turned out! I like the helmet & I’m glad the weapons aren’t blue! You’ve done very well Club!!!

b_ryan14@yahoo.com
04-26-2018, 10:36 PM
Very nice glad guns arnt blue

efvogler3rd@yahoo.com
04-27-2018, 05:01 AM
Looks great. As expected. I totally assumed this was the helmet we were getting since the Lifeline head was to be expected as well. Plus the original helmet wss so dumb anyway. Love the camo too.

krob73@yahoo.com
04-27-2018, 06:56 AM
I like it. The helmet looks better than what ever the original hat was . . . I'm still trying to figure out what that is (29 years later)! I agree on the "tactical" weapon, it was unnecessary at best.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
04-27-2018, 02:56 PM
Okay, I waited a day to think about it. Recoil has been #1 or 2 on my FSS wishlist for years now, you can go back and check posts on this forum. I'm not sure what it is because he wasn't in the cartoon and only had a few minor comic appearances, but I've always thought Recoil was really cool. I loved the way the figure looked and his description in the original file card, so he's been one of my favorite 'obscure' characters for awhile. I've probably been looking forward to this reveal more than most of us on this site.
My initial reaction was a little bit disappointed. Not by the parts choices or the accessories, as I think those are pretty much perfect. I'm not even bothered by the different helmet (and if anyone is, thats an easy fix since it's removable and you can buy a cast replica of his original hat). It was the camouflage. After seeing other figures like Bulletproof (and now Bushido today) stick so close to the original coloring, I wondered why make this change to Recoil? Why not let him have his old school, Tetris-block camouflage too?
All the other comments seem pretty positive, and it's growing on me the more I look at it. Today I think what actually bothers me more than the camo style is the colors. He seems too green. The original had a base uniform of mostly tan with just the hat, harness, and camo-blocks in dark green. This Recoil's uniform almost looks like it's mostly green with a few tan spots instead of the other way around. Especially on his torso, and around his knees and wrists.
I know this is just a mock up and maybe it will look a little different when it's produced, but I think it would better if the colors were adjusted a little. Keep the modern digi-camo style, but maybe just a little more tan/less green. If not, I'm still planning keeping him. I do like this figure even if it's not perfect.

kelty11@verizon.net
04-28-2018, 09:56 AM
Excellent update. I love the addition of a digital camo uniform.

charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com
04-28-2018, 09:56 AM
I really like it. Happily surprised that his gun are not the light blue like the original!!!

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-28-2018, 12:05 PM
Yeah, I'm a digi-camo fan, too. Hard to expect the club (and therefore, us) to pay extra for a specialty tetris camo pattern that likely isn't made anymore when digi-camo actually is more realistic and, well, looks better.

terran_brackiatt@yahoo.com
04-28-2018, 01:58 PM
to those who keep wondering what IT is about Recoil that made him so memorable... go rewatch Predator, with AHnold... you'll notice a certain radio operator named Hawkins (played by Shane Black) who resembles a certain LRRP... though to be honest, maybe it was just in my head, but i always thought Recoil was based on Hawkins, like how the 30th TRU Spirit was based on Billy...

and yes, i also like this modern update interpretation of Recoil. i presume the digi-camo is included because the figure is a repaint of Ultimate Duke, with Dusty's knees / shins / boots. i like it. (the club digi-camo'd Cross Hair's legs, too, in his modern interpretation.) i was actually somewhat expecting Jungle Duke's web gear, but this works, too. the black weapons look really good with this version as well.

madmac41@hotmail.com
05-03-2018, 08:07 AM
As much as I liked the original Recoil he did have a few issues:

1-No LRRP would be wearing riding boots.
2- Baby blue weapons = nope
3- What's with the Devo hat?

THIS IS A GREAT Recoil, I love this version!!!!!!!!!!