PDA

View Full Version : GIJCC: FSS 8.0 Ninth Figure Preview

Commander_Lane
04-25-2018, 02:50 PM
Order Now (https://www.mastercollector.com/fss/login.cfm?eid=1000001)... from the 2018 Figure Subscription Service 8.0 website!

Our GIJCC Figure Subscription Service 8.0 is an optional separate purchase if you are an active member of the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club. You can subscribe now through the May 2nd, 2018 deadline!

We are very excited to offer the eighth and final limited edition GIJCC FSS (Figure Subscription Service). This assortment contains a variety of club member requested characters from all eras of the 3 3/4-inch G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero series. It includes classic 80's, 90's, 2000's, international, and many never previously released characters to add to your modern era action figure collection. Upon successful completion, you will also receive a BONUS mystery 13th carded action figure with the last shipment.

Each single carded action figure features the highly articulated modern era sculpts with weapons and accessories for them to accomplish any mission!

http://www.gijoeclub.com/images/2018/FSS8overkill2WEB.jpg
COBRA B.A.T. LEADER
Code Name: OVER KILL
(Inspired by the 2003 version 2 action figure.)
Includes: removable helmet, harness, "human" face mask,
neckerchief, gauntlet, claw hands x 2, rivet gun,
hand-held assault weapon, and figure stand.

NOTE: These modern era club exclusive action figures will not be exact replicas of their vintage counterparts. All images are Photoshop mock-up representations, final product, accessories and/or colors will vary!

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
04-25-2018, 02:53 PM
Absolutely amazing! Love the robot skull head and swappable "human" head. A perfect interpretation of the original.

rjhiii@sover.net
04-25-2018, 02:54 PM
Not bad, better than the awful 1992 original.

hb_chris@hotmail.com
04-25-2018, 03:01 PM
I like it!

axonrey@gmail.com
04-25-2018, 03:08 PM
I feel like there's no that web gear is compatible with that buck

gjwermund@gmail.com
04-25-2018, 03:12 PM
This is awesome

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
04-25-2018, 03:14 PM
I guess it's ok. Never was into Over kill. Seems like to me a wasted space and opportunity, but I'm happy for you guys who are looking forward to this one.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
04-25-2018, 03:25 PM
Holy... wow, yes this looks... wow no words

leo@joebattlelines.com
04-25-2018, 03:29 PM
I'll just say this:

BLOODY AMAZING!!!!

Seriously... best reveal yet.

jrgrfg@aol.com
04-25-2018, 04:39 PM
Overkill is excellent. Looks really, really good.

huntersabin@yahoo.com
04-25-2018, 05:16 PM
Love him/it! Solid efforts Club, thanks and YO JOE!

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
04-25-2018, 05:18 PM
Looks pretty good, nice work.

charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com
04-25-2018, 06:10 PM
Good looking figure. Like the cyborg concept over an android. I like it.

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
04-25-2018, 06:14 PM
Sick club, absolutely sick; I love it!!! (This is a compliment) Someone on another blog mentioned that the skin tone on the human head would look better, if it had a more sickly pale skin tone. A skin tone like the headsculpts from Renegades Cobra Commander or Rise of Cobra Rex Lewis might look better!

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-25-2018, 07:18 PM
This is really amazing. The last two reveals have been all killer, no filler. Well done, club! LOVE the green color.

IF there was one change that could be made to this - and I think it's perfect, I do not advocate ANY changes - I'd say it would be to make the assault weapon a plug and play replacement for the left hand like in other B.A.T.S. rather than the skin tone. But, yeah, small quibble. To me, it's perfect.

manolive@hotmail.com
04-25-2018, 11:24 PM
I hate to burst everyone's bubble, cause I was one of you at first. But there's a very important part of the description we're over looking.

"human" face mask

That's not an alternate head. That's just one of the face masks from 25th/50th Zartan. I think it's a fun idea. I will of course have to dig out my Zartan and Bludgeon to see how that looks in hand. But it's a cool back story for the figure. Adds another layer to the character.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-26-2018, 06:46 AM
I don't think this honestly matters whether it's a head or a mask. At least the back of Overkill's head was metal in all previous versions, too. This is another one where it's up to the imagination of the user if that's his real face or a mask. If you want it to be a false mask? False mask. If you think he retained his human face, Robocop-style, while the rest was a full-body prosthetic? Go for it.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
04-26-2018, 01:29 PM
After giving the parts a closer look i'm concerned that the web gear, neckerchief, head, helmet might have problems fitting together properly especially with the web gear sitting on top of those shoulder pads ( I wonder if the Cyber-Viper web gear, which looks uncannily like Overkill's chest, would have fit better). Also noticed the torso/arms/legs build was the build I was originally going to use for my custom Overkill but the legs and arms weren't proportionate to the torso. Also the legs didn't quite fit properly, hopefully that has been addressed.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
04-26-2018, 02:05 PM
I did overlook the "mask", whoops. Good thing for me, I plan to just have him with the "Bludgeon" head and maybe the neckerchief.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-26-2018, 02:16 PM
The web gear originally came with two-pack Storm Shadow, not Cyber-Viper.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
04-27-2018, 02:27 PM
Ah the new sculpt era, also known as my college years where I wasn't paying any attention to GI Joe. I have no interest in any of those characters, but I have to say after looking him up on YoJoe!, it seems like a pretty good recreation of the original. So if this version of Over Kill had to get made, at least they did a very good job of it.

kelty11@verizon.net
04-28-2018, 10:06 AM
Even though I would have preferred the 1992 version, I think this is an excellent figure. Can't wait to pair him with my '17 con set.