PDA

View Full Version : GIJCC: FSS 8.0 Seventh Figure Preview

Commander_Lane
04-23-2018, 01:40 PM
Order Now (https://www.mastercollector.com/fss/login.cfm?eid=1000001)... from the 2018 Figure Subscription Service 8.0 website!

Our GIJCC Figure Subscription Service 8.0 is an optional separate purchase if you are an active member of the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club. You can subscribe now through the May 2nd, 2018 deadline!

We are very excited to offer the eighth and final limited edition GIJCC FSS (Figure Subscription Service). This assortment contains a variety of club member requested characters from all eras of the 3 3/4-inch G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero series. It includes classic 80's, 90's, 2000's, international, and many never previously released characters to add to your modern era action figure collection. Upon successful completion, you will also receive a BONUS mystery 13th carded action figure with the last shipment.

Each single carded action figure features the highly articulated modern era sculpts with weapons and accessories for them to accomplish any mission!

http://www.gijoeclub.com/images/2018/fss8blizzardWEB.jpg
G.I. JOE ARCTIC ATTACK SOLDIER
Code Name: GREG "BLIZZARD" NATALE
(Inspired by the 1988 action figure.)
Includes: removable arctic coat, sniper rifle, backpack,
skis x 2, ski poles x 2, boot cleats x 2, and figure stand.

NOTE: These modern era club exclusive action figures will not be exact replicas of their vintage counterparts. All images are Photoshop mock-up representations, final product, accessories and/or colors will vary!

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
04-23-2018, 01:43 PM
Woo, never been first on one of these.

He looks warm. Like all the pouches etc.

Is the gun clear?

axonrey@gmail.com
04-23-2018, 01:49 PM
better overall than i expected, but that head is a travesty. These non removable helmets have got to go

krob73@yahoo.com
04-23-2018, 01:55 PM
This is the best looking figure so far! Fantastic, so long as all of those paint apps stay!

wilsongj2002@hotmail.com
04-23-2018, 02:07 PM
Loving all this except the non removable helmet again. Please club adjust this strategy for this figure.

gjwermund@gmail.com
04-23-2018, 02:10 PM
I think it looks great

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
04-23-2018, 02:37 PM
This is not at all what I expected. This is far better than o thought he would be. Excellent. I may be the monority, but, the non removable helmet doesn't matter to me a bit.

hb_chris@hotmail.com
04-23-2018, 02:39 PM
Blizzard was one of my favorites as a kid, but I doubt I'd even identify this as the same character. I wish we could have gotten an unmasked head instead. Of everything we've seen so far in this FSS, this is the one thing I most hope would be reconsidered.

leo@joebattlelines.com
04-23-2018, 02:44 PM
Honestly, without some brand-new tooling I can't see an existing alternative head that matches the original. It's the best choice of the optional available.

It just means that we're going for a three-peat in terms of reuse.

http://joebattlelines.com/images/reviews/collectorsclub/fsswave5/scoop/scoopairborne1.jpg

I do like the jacket deco, however. That looks really slick. I subscribed day one so I'm looking forward to his eventual arrival.

rjhiii@sover.net
04-23-2018, 02:55 PM
This one is a winner... This works for me... I actually really like this one for an update ...

The non removable helmet doesn't bother me. It would have been nice, but is not a deal breaker.

jrgrfg@aol.com
04-23-2018, 03:05 PM
I would have much preferred a removable helmet, but this is not bad at all. I think given the limitations it is a very good rendition.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-23-2018, 03:19 PM
Yeah, best they could have done with available heads. I like it.

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
04-23-2018, 03:28 PM
I really like this. Good stuff here.

ozcouple@live.com
04-23-2018, 04:23 PM
Pretty good, Club.

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
04-23-2018, 06:09 PM
I like this build! The reuse of Airborne & Scoop’s helmet doesn’t bother me; imagine a military unit with some uniformity!!! Sometimes it seems like a foreign concept to Joe fans.

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
04-23-2018, 06:34 PM
Alright!!!! It's Scoop in arctic gear!!! What I've always wanted!!!! Anyways..... Head needs to be changed and more brown accents like the original because the brown is really muted, the original it was more profound!!!!

skoor.cr@gmail.com
04-23-2018, 06:34 PM
Removable helmet or not Ilike this figure. The look feels natural to me, 2 thumbs up, way up. This gives me hope for the rest of the series

efvogler3rd@yahoo.com
04-23-2018, 06:55 PM
I don't hate it either as the entire build is good. I don't love the non helmet look but still a good effort. 8.5. Would have been in the 9-10 range with a removable helmet. Tombstone, I mean Clay Moore is still the worst.

JFRiley11@yahoo.com
04-23-2018, 08:13 PM
It’s a good looking figure, but that head screams more Cold Front than than Blizzard. In fact, they should just call this one Cold Front instead of Blizzard.

ATBotts78@gmail.com
04-23-2018, 08:25 PM
From the neck down, awesome. I don’t care about the removable or non-removable helmet, but that head is awful. It ruins an otherwise well developed figure. Please change the head. Please, this was the figure I was waiting for. I’m sorry, so disappointed, and if you change the head, I’ll buy the FSS 8.0.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
04-23-2018, 08:52 PM
I actually really like this one, despite the obvious differences from the vintage figure. It still is obviously Blizzard and looks like a cool figure in his own right. I think all the little painted details on the coat really help it look like a premium figure. I didn't keep Big Bear from FSS 2, so this is like an all new figure to me, well except for the head. It is kind of a shame he has to share a head with Scoop and SP Airborne, but honestly I don't know what other available helmet to use. If there was a perfect option already used on a modern figure, I probably would have used it to make a custom Blizzard by now.

I just realized something else. We got Rock n Roll v2 this year, Jet Pack Hawk is in FSS 7, now we have Capt. Grid Iron and Blizzard in FSS 8, there are plenty of Duke and Snake Eyes figures... we have the whole team from the G.I. Joe Nintendo game now!

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
04-23-2018, 08:54 PM
Alright!!!! It's Scoop in arctic gear!!! What I've always wanted!!!! Anyways..... Head needs to be changed ...

It's a little odd that you are complaining about a recognizable head/helmet being reused for a different figure...

ctaylor66@hotmail.com
04-23-2018, 09:16 PM
This is a very nice modern update to the ARAH figure. Very well done Club!!! Nice Job!!!

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
04-24-2018, 05:44 AM
It's a little odd that you are complaining about a recognizable head/helmet being reused for a different figure...

I'm not complaining. Not even a little bit. I was having fun and giving my opinion. I'm not pulling out of this FSS!! Besides, this is an easy fix for me. All I gotta do is a head swap. I'm not one to try and threaten the club with a boycott for not changing 1 or 2 little things and saying things like "I'm not buying unless you change this and that". I'm in to support the club!!!!!! And I get more GI Joes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChadExcitement@aol.com
04-24-2018, 06:35 AM
I hadn't thought about the Nintendo game! I didn't plan on getting Capt. Grid Iron but now I might just for completion sake. I never liked the way the original Blizzard's head piece was so big and awkward. I actually prefer the molded head here.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
04-24-2018, 08:48 AM
I had to look up Coldfront, but yeah, that head is almost spot on for that figure. Still though, I don't see a better head they could have used for Blizzard.

sheila4420@hotmail.com
04-24-2018, 09:50 PM
Looks great to me-I really am enjoying the updated version of Blizzard!

charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com
04-25-2018, 06:18 PM
The forecast is calling for a Blizzard & that is awesome news. Bring on the rest of the reveals.