PDA

View Full Version : GIJCC: FSS 8.0 Fifth Figure Preview

Commander_Lane
04-18-2018, 02:46 PM
Order Now (https://www.mastercollector.com/fss/login.cfm?eid=1000001)... from the 2018 Figure Subscription Service 8.0 website!

Our GIJCC Figure Subscription Service 8.0 is an optional separate purchase if you are an active member of the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club. You can subscribe now through the May 2nd, 2018 deadline!

We are very excited to offer the eighth and final limited edition GIJCC FSS (Figure Subscription Service). This assortment contains a variety of club member requested characters from all eras of the 3 3/4-inch G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero series. It includes classic 80's, 90's, 2000's, international, and many never previously released characters to add to your modern era action figure collection. Upon successful completion, you will also receive a BONUS mystery 13th carded action figure with the last shipment.

Each single carded action figure features the highly articulated modern era sculpts with weapons and accessories for them to accomplish any mission!

http://www.gijoeclub.com/images/2018/FSS8claymooreWEB.jpg
COBRA SHOCK TROOPS COMMANDER
Code Name: LT. CLAY MOORE
(Inspired by the Sunbow cartoon & 2007 GIJCC design.)
Includes: removable helmet, grenade bandolier, pistol, knife,
assault rifle, bazooka, backpack with shells x 4, and figure stand.

NOTE: These modern era club exclusive action figures will not be exact replicas of their vintage counterparts. All images are Photoshop mock-up representations, final product, accessories and/or colors will vary!

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
04-18-2018, 02:57 PM
Ugh!! What am I seeing here!? And thoes legs again!! Shoulda just been a 50th Anniversary Cobra Trooper body with that head and called it a day.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
04-18-2018, 03:10 PM
While I can agree to a point, I would still use the arms that the club is using with the torso and legs from the 50th cobra trooper would make him looke closer to the original, this works for me. If Fun Pub makes those changes or not I good either way. It still looks close enough to the original as is.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
04-18-2018, 03:15 PM
I'm sure he will be better in hand. For now I'm on the fence about this guy. He looks too skinny.

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
04-18-2018, 03:20 PM
Does anyone else see the skinny legs/big head thing going on here? This needs to be scrapped.

raginspoon@yahoo.com
04-18-2018, 03:27 PM
Does anyone else see the skinny legs/big head thing going on here? This needs to be scrapped.

The head will be huge. It's tombstone from the 50th.

rjhiii@sover.net
04-18-2018, 03:50 PM
I was expecting more Sunbow and less 2007 Convention. Not awful, not great either for a figure that was neither wanted or unwanted I guess it is okay. However, this is the one where the simplest build (head on Cobra Trooper body with the white 25th harness would have worked best) For those looking for change, choose your battle- would you rather have "Missile Commander Blowtorch" aka as Fast Draw in FSS 8.0 changed, or changes made to the figure nobody really was seeking out in the first place? ... Honestly, the reaction to any type of mock up, or alternative bid indicates that it is too late and there will be no changes anyways.

tomwensyel@yahoo.com
04-18-2018, 03:50 PM
I know I am in the minority here but I dont have a problem with the Lt. I dont want exact copies of the originals, he will go well with our Shock troops.

axonrey@gmail.com
04-18-2018, 04:00 PM
As feared, all i see is Tombstone, who i already use as claymore anyway. This one is a bummer.

rfarrell22@yahoo.com
04-18-2018, 04:20 PM
The first thing I saw were the legs.... those alley viper legs. Those legs could be used on female figures they are so small. This is not good

jimsnow70@aol.com
04-18-2018, 04:24 PM
Use the 50th Cobra Trooper legs and helmet, then he won't look so disproportionate.

gjwermund@gmail.com
04-18-2018, 04:30 PM
Not one I care for and could be better but the accessories are great

ctaylor66@hotmail.com
04-18-2018, 05:14 PM
At least I can use the club's figure's accessories and webgear. I can even put this Tombstone head on my Tombstone figure so he will have 2 eyes.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
04-18-2018, 07:31 PM
50th trooper helmet doesn't fit that head unfortunately. Maybe DTC Major Bludd helmet would? I really like the Bazooka, arms are pretty decent too. Legs seem too skinny though. Wonder if 25th HISS driver legs or the legs the last Zartan figure had would have worked better?

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
04-18-2018, 09:17 PM
Underwhelmed, it’s the legs; too skinny! They were great on Verona, but too small here.

leo@joebattlelines.com
04-18-2018, 10:11 PM
My comments keep getting deleted but I'll reiterate:

Please take Lt Clay Moore back to the drawing board. He's not up to the level of the other figures we've seen thus far.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-18-2018, 10:32 PM
The legs are just waaaay too skinny. If they were on Vorona, a female figure, they just don't work with the Tombstone head.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
04-19-2018, 08:59 AM
What about the helmet that is being used on Python Patrol Maj. Bludd? I wonder if that will fit.

Maybe, it looks like the same helmet. I hope they use that helmet on Overkill too.

clhunter2a@yahoo.com
04-19-2018, 01:17 PM
This is the first time I've actually paid for the subscription service up front, instead of buying from other vendors...while I'm glad I did, figures like this just upset me. I say this because, while its nice to get obscure characters from the show, its the execution and sometimes selection that makes me wonder what the club is thinking and the process that goes into selecting figures and such. I just think that for premium figures, that cost a little more than the conventions sets, all the stops should be pulled. Retooling a gun or reusing heads from other unique faces seems to be a cop-out and unfair to fans who shell out good money.

efvogler3rd@yahoo.com
04-20-2018, 09:10 AM
Yeah I guess I am with everyone else with Clay Moore. The Legs and the Head Helmet. The only difference for me is that I was really REALLY looking forward to this figure. To me this is where the club shines, when they create new characters or shine light onto characters Hasbro has otherwise ignored.

Tombstone's twin brother bothers me the most. Where is the Matt Trakker head or what about Salvo's?

But the legs are what makes this look out of proportion. I know this is coming down to the wire, for you guys, and there may not be enough time. Still We know you listen as you did with Salvo and Crosshairs, and now those two are some of strongest figures to come out of the FSS.

Is it possible you can take another look at Lt. Clay Moore? Pretty please? With a cherry on top.

jrgrfg@aol.com
04-20-2018, 02:58 PM
I agree, Club please take a 2nd look. I was really looking forward to this figure, and it just looks disproportionate. Those legs are way to thin. Please!!!!

morgardee@hotmail.com
04-20-2018, 06:53 PM
So far this wave has lacked any major drawing power. I get that this is the last figure run the club gets to make and they want to maximize profits by cutting back on new molds but as the old saying goes: "You gotta spend money to make money". As it stands right now, my wallet staying closed. I'm hoping the second half of this wave has a bit more flair.

mb32v@yahoo.com
04-21-2018, 09:35 AM
LoL nice way to ask. I fully agree here. Club please change the legs, they are too skinny for a modern male figure!

charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com
04-21-2018, 11:04 AM
Too skinny, but this is only a digital mock up.

kelty11@verizon.net
04-21-2018, 01:16 PM
Woah! A really odd looking figure. Looks he dropped out of the 1990s with all those pouches and the helmet is just bizarre. Why not just use a tricked-out standard Cobra Trooper body with a new head and helmet.

Very disappointed.

jagermonster72@sky.com
04-21-2018, 04:04 PM
i'm pleased to say that , while I very much dislike the execution of this figure , it will remain packaged and as a part of my overall collection , it has no real meaning to me and therefore does not impact me as much as if it had been a 83-92 era figure or one of the interesting later era remakes like munitia etc. personally I would have used the jungle viper legs , retaliation zartan torso , red star head and new major bludd helmet , the arms and webgear are fine , I would have also used the firing bazooka that came with big bear .

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
04-22-2018, 12:22 AM
I was looking at the club’s original convention exclusive Lt. Clay Moore figure & noticed, the original figure has black shin guards. Maybe, if the club can use the legs they are using on Fast Draw, or at least the shin guards, that might give him a bulkier look.

efvogler3rd@yahoo.com
04-22-2018, 08:36 AM
I would be interested in a bulkier look for Clay Moore but the Tombstone head is too similar to well Tombstone. What about the Salvo head and some bigger legs like spin kick Snake-Eyes.

Otherwise, since this is just Blue SDCC Matt Trakker, use that head. I would be OK with that too.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
04-22-2018, 10:47 PM
I'm actually surprised the sdcc matt tracker head wasn't used, it resembles the sunbow version of clay moore even, plus the PP Major Bludd helmet would have fit that head.