PDA

View Full Version : FSS 8.0 General Discussion

jrgrfg@aol.com
04-06-2018, 01:22 PM
I am signed up as well for FSS 8.0.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
04-06-2018, 03:32 PM
Also signed up. I love this lineup now let's see how many complainers will throw a fit.

etquick2003@yahoo.com
04-06-2018, 03:53 PM
LOL skoorcard! No one should complain about FSS 8. This is a dream lineup and is awesome. I think only one character I really asked for was not in the list and I never imagined that scenario!

rjhiii@sover.net
04-06-2018, 04:30 PM
Also signed up.I love this lineup now let's see how many complainers will throw a fit.

There are already the people complaining that Grid Iron should be bulkier. All I have to say is Doug Flutie... Grid Iron was a QB, Flutie was a QB the build works perfectly for me...

axonrey@gmail.com
04-06-2018, 04:30 PM
To avoid going off topic in reveal specific threads, i figured it was worth having a general discussion thread for 8.0.

All matters relating to 8.0 should be considered on topic, provided they are consistent with forum rules.

Solid line up. Clutch is the only dud for me, but i know many want him. Some creative tooling could change my mind.

Happy for Bushido. Not having Banzai is gonna hurt, though. So close...

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
04-06-2018, 05:37 PM
My concern is Clutch being a did of a figure, much the way that Grunt was for me. The rest of the line is strong with my only other big concern being what helmet/head will be used on Blizzard.

tomwensyel@yahoo.com
04-06-2018, 05:56 PM
looking forward to 8.0.

ATBotts78@gmail.com
04-06-2018, 06:59 PM
My concern is Clutch being a did of a figure, much the way that Grunt was for me. The rest of the line is strong with my only other big concern being what helmet/head will be used on Blizzard.

Well Blizzard was kind of a red head so, my guess is a reuse of either the spearhead or muskrat Head sculpt

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
04-06-2018, 08:04 PM
Thanks for starting the general discussion thread, AxonRey. I was thinking we would need one of these but you beat me to it.

I was totally surprised and excited by the news today. I was just thinking they would need to show something before Joe Con if this was still happening. I'm loving the lineup overall.

Here's what I posted in the FSS 8.0 Wishlist thread months ago, without a whole lot of real hope after FSS 7.

We've done this so many times, and so many of the top wanted figures are still left undone, if the club doesn't know what we want by now then there is probably no point, but here we go again anyway. One last time...

(far and away my top 3 wants above everybody else)
1. Recoil
2. Blizzard
3. Bulletproof

(next tier I want, but would get by fine making customs of them)
4. Backblast
5. Downtown
6. Capt. Grid Iron
7. Steamroller

(after that these guys or anyone else left from ARAH would be fine but I don't need them)
8. Payload
9. Wild Card
10. Stretcher
11. Major Altitude
12. Countdown
13. Windchill

They actually got 5 of my 13 in there! And I love that we are getting Fast Draw and Bushido too. I would have included them, but I already have a Fast Draw custom (I will probably switch to the official one if it turns out well) and I didn't dare hope for any more Ninja Force after we got Dojo, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

I too, don't get the love for Tan Clutch. Hasbro probably should have released him with one of the Vamp sets by now, but at this point I'd rather have a different character. Clutch is the only one that already has a modern era figure. The rest are characters we haven't seen any figures for.

The description doesn't mention a helmet for Blizzard. They must be using a head with the helmet built in, but I'm not sure which one looks anything like Blizzard. They mention a removable arctic coat though. My guess is the one from FSS Big Bear. And I bet he has Snow Job's skis, poles, and backpack. I think I'll give him Iceberg's snowboard. Not that he ever had a snow board before, but it seems to fit his role as the newer, younger, arctic trooper.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-06-2018, 08:21 PM
I'm a tan Clutch fan. Count me as one of the people excited that he was included. Also looking forward to Overkill.

axonrey@gmail.com
04-07-2018, 05:23 AM
I'm worried about blizzard, too. Not only does it appear he'll use a helmet integral head (which i always reject, but especially when the vintage counterpart had a removable helmet) but the removable coat part suggests a bulky build. He should definitely be more sleek, using the Renegades Airtight or Iceberg body. I really don't want another version of Sub Zero

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
04-07-2018, 06:51 AM
See, for me, I'm thinking the mystery figure will be Gung-Ho Dress Blues. Too highly of a requested figure and easy to do!!

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
04-07-2018, 06:59 AM
Well, now that we know the lineup, we can speculate on the 2 remaining bonus figures (FSS 7&8)! We’re so close to finishing Ninja Force, & Bulletproof was a nice surprise, so i’m hoping for Banzai & Headman as the bonus figures.

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
04-07-2018, 07:02 AM
Well, now that we know the lineup, we can speculate on the 2 remaining bonus figures (FSS 7&8)! We’re so close to finishing Ninja Force, & Bulletproof was a nice surprise, so i’m hoping for Banzai & Headman as the bonus figures.

I thought I read somewhere that Headman wasn't happening for anything?

04-07-2018, 07:30 AM
I don’t know about reading it somewhere, but I have heard speculation in a podcast that Dress Blues Gung Ho & Headman wouldn’t happen. Their logic was that a license fee would have to be paid to use the USMC image & likeness for this version of Gung Ho & that “times had changed”; there’s no way the club is touching D.E.F. or a drug dealer. Well, now we’re getting Bulletproof, so D.E.F. characters are not off the table! Their logic was sound, but speculation as well. They may be right, but I hope they’re wrong!

ATBotts78@gmail.com
04-07-2018, 08:29 AM
Both BulletProof and Red Laser are welcome surprises out of left field that really make me wonder what surprises Joe Con and the Club have left up their sleeve. It doesn’t make sense to start Red Shadows and DEF now, with no time left to complete the sub teams, unless they know something we don’t. I’m really intrigued now.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
04-07-2018, 08:38 AM
Way to go out with a bang! Didn't think I was going to sub for 8 but Clutch pulled me in. Hope my expectations don't ruin the outcome, please use the 25th vest at least. Also there are some real big fan wants here, can't wait to see how fast draw, payload, recoil, overkill, bushido and munitia turn out. I'm so excited for Clutch, finally, a carded tan version, the rest are just icing on the cake for me.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
04-07-2018, 08:44 AM
Tan Clutch!! Payload!! Fast Draw!! Overkill V2!! Munitia!! Recoil!! ARGH!! Can't. Say. No. *sigh* take my money.....I'm so happy.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
04-07-2018, 09:05 AM
See, for me, I'm thinking the mystery figure will be Gung-Ho Dress Blues. Too highly of a requested figure and easy to do!!

How is Gung Ho v2 easy to do? I can't think of an existing torso that looks like a Marine dress jacket? This is one of those figures they are better off not doing if they can't get it just right. I think people would be very upset if they threw together a bad Marine uniform and called it "close enough."

I would still love to see Hasbro do a box set tribute to our military with one Joe from each branch in their dress uniforms. Maybe some day as a HasCon exclusive or from their new HasLab project.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
04-07-2018, 09:10 AM
I'm a tan Clutch fan. Count me as one of the people excited that he was included. Also looking forward to Overkill.

I meant no offense about Clutch, jyoders. I know a lot of people who had him as a kid and have been asking for him. To me it's probably gonna be a figure I already have in a different coat of paint, but he is still better than something like Ice Viper Officer or almost any international figure. I think it shows how good this lineup is overall when that is the only complaint most of us have with the choices.

I do think the club puts themselves in a little of a no win situation though. The simplest recipe would be to repaint the 25th figure, but then some people will complain that they used outdated 25th parts and weren't creative enough. If they update the recipe a little, others will say it isn't vintage accurate and doesn't fit with the rest of the original team modern figures. I'm not sure what they can do that would please everyone.

Can't comment about Red Laser and Red Shadows, but I'm really happy to get Bulletproof and think it makes sense, even if they are trying to stay away from the drugs aspect. They called him a "Battle Corps Commander" in the description, no mention of DEF. He was the only official DEF member that was a new character, the rest were all guys we have figures of already. I thought DEF made sense as a con set, but I would not want Shockwave, Mutt, and Cutter in the FSS. Also, I think they will reuse the Dodger head from BF2000, and it should work really well and not look that much like Dodger sense the skin tone will be different.

I think we all thought Headman was coming when we saw the Dojo head, but may not?

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
04-07-2018, 09:14 AM
I think the Grid Iron build works just fine. I can see why each piece was chosen to resemble the uniform and padding of the original. I don't think any of the "beefy guy" bodies available even have long sleeves, do they?

Overall, I have no real complaints about the lineup. Lots of characters with no modern figures yet (only Clutch is a repaint). I just hope the builds come out okay for guys like Recoil and Blizzard with no new parts.

sheila4420@hotmail.com
04-07-2018, 10:04 AM
Maybe they'll do a Backblast figure. He's been requested quite a bit as well. Another figure I think would be great as THE very last club figure (besides an AWESOME Golobulus figure with floating base) would be a Snake-Eyes figure in his dress uniform and rubber mask-maybe include a "regular"-face masked head and one without the mask and his deformed face. Or they also have the tooling to make Snake-Eyes from Vietnam before his accident when Stormshadow rescued him. They would be a great finish for me-any of those.

yacoub@gmail.com
04-07-2018, 10:52 AM
Pretty exciting lineup in FSS8! I subbed for it. Glad to see some of the missing ARAH characters from the '80s and early '90s.

I hope the 13th figure is a missing '80s or early '90s figure as well. Maybe a driver/pilot that we haven't gotten in modern form yet?

If there's any chance at all of an FSS9 before time expires, I'd love to see this lineup to round up the remaining key players in the early ARAH line that are still missing in Modern Era:

Gung Ho v2
Lightfoot
Backblast
Countdown
TARGAT
Hydro Viper
Toxo Viper v1
Downtown
Royal Guard
Golobulus (yeah, it's asking a lot to attempt such a unique, single-use mold)
Astro Viper
(easy repaint of existing mold) TF Tripwire

13th: NF Lightfoot (easy repaint) or Sgt Slaughter v3 (licensing issues, I know)

Outside of Gung Ho v2, Golobulus, and certain parts of TARGAT and Royal Guard, the rest may only need a unique head, helmet, or weapon to achieve.

I could see $500 for that set and I think a lot of others would stretch the budget for that lineup too.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
04-07-2018, 10:54 AM
I agree it always seems like they're in a no win, but I think I'm the most excited about Tan Clutch and I'd be fine with a 25th repaint, though I detest the 25th's arms, the rest of the build is fine.

I never thought he'd get made because of the few complaints over tan grunt, (thanks club, love him too) so I'm just ecstatic!

The rest of the sub is just icing

rjhiii@sover.net
04-07-2018, 11:35 AM
My guess for Blizzard Retaliation Ultimate Duke Helmet in White as a modern update, and the min Zartan Swamp Skier in Black as the ski sled, backpack

ChadExcitement@aol.com
04-07-2018, 11:41 AM
I may be alone here but I'd be fine with Blizzard being pretty much a re-paint of the 50th Snow Job (from 2-pack with Arctic BAT) with a new head. I never purchased that figure because I was thinking the club might re-use it.

axonrey@gmail.com
04-07-2018, 12:16 PM
I hope not. That would be an awful representation of Blizzard.

kelty11@verizon.net
04-07-2018, 12:50 PM
FSS 8 is really awesome and a great final wave with a wonderful mix of late 80's and 90's characters. I am very happy about Fast Draw, Payload, and Blizzard.

Bullet Proof is a kind of bittersweet offering as I don't think we will see a complete DEF set before the end of the club (unless Fun Pub has something interesting up their sleeve. If not Headman should be the mystery figure in #8.

ChadExcitement@aol.com
04-07-2018, 01:13 PM
I hope not. That would be an awful representation of Blizzard.

I always felt the original Blizzard was an awful representation lol. I'd just like to see him fit in more with the earlier arctic figures.

axonrey@gmail.com
04-07-2018, 01:22 PM
His sleeker design is what appealed to me. I'd love for him to be on the airtight frame, but you're probably closer to the reality.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
04-07-2018, 05:24 PM
I'm guessing they'll either use the 2009 ice viper coat or FSS big bear coat for blizzard.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
04-07-2018, 05:27 PM
The builds I'm most curious about are for fast draw, payload and overkill. I don't think these will be easy to pull off.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-07-2018, 09:44 PM
Fast Draw COULD use the shoulder-mounted missile system used on Metalhead. As for his actual body build, I can't think of much other than the Zap/Grand Slam body.

04-07-2018, 10:01 PM
This is the first FSS where I actually want every figure! Every other FSS has some headscratchers or questionable choices in it. Bravo club! Can’t wait to sign up for this.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
04-07-2018, 11:29 PM
Fast Draw COULD use the shoulder-mounted missile system used on Metalhead. As for his actual body build, I can't think of much other than the Zap/Grand Slam body.

Definitely see the missle launcher. Sure, that body makes sense, probably use the upper legs too and then use the hiss driver lower legs and 25th officer web gear maybe. Not sure about arms and helmet though, maybe blowtorch?

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-08-2018, 07:44 AM
I can't, personally, go that far. The Red Shadows stuff I'll be moving on from once I get them but that helps defray the cost of the overall FSS so I'm all for their inclusion.

axonrey@gmail.com
04-08-2018, 12:04 PM
I'm turning my Red laser into that CLAWS Commander from Joe vs Cobra.

gjwermund@gmail.com
04-10-2018, 11:44 AM
So based on the billing schedule announced the 2nd payment is scheduled for october so the 1st shipment should go out in september for fss 8. That means there will be fss 7 and 8 shipping at the same time.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
04-10-2018, 12:49 PM
I'll take them shipping at same time. The quicker, the better as far as I am concerned. That Fast Draw looks great for no new tooling used

skoor.cr@gmail.com
04-10-2018, 01:04 PM
Love this look. I might have went with the helmet from Sandstorm, but this is pretty much how I pictured him looking

krob73@yahoo.com
04-10-2018, 01:23 PM
I'm counting 5 I'm excited for, Bullet-Proof, Clutch, Blizzard, Clay Moore, and Munitia. I usually want to have 7 figures in the FSS that I want to keep before signing up, but I think I'm in on this one.

After 6.0's mystery fig, I'm not holding out much hope on this one . . . so maybe some of the reveals will excite me about some of the others.

I am glad to see that so many are excited about this lineup.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
04-10-2018, 09:29 PM
I'm liking 1 1/2 out of 2 so far. Fast Draw is a little too Blowtorchy for me. I have a custom of him already I may just stick with, but I'm still interested in at least 6 of them. I'm waiting to see Recoil and Blizzard. I'm curious what heads they will use because neither one is getting any new parts. Unless those 2 are really disappointing I plan on subbing.

flyingpygmalionfilms@gmail.com
04-12-2018, 12:02 PM
I hope Clutch uses Ozone’s Head with black hair.

jk.fregia.77@gmail.com
04-16-2018, 01:25 PM
Would the club consider releasing the last FSS poly bagged to lower the cost somewhat? And if they did polybag them, ship them all at once to save on shipping. I am a young collector and I would love to sub, but $400 plus shipping is way to expensive for thirteen figures and out of my budget. I am sure that I am not the only would who would like to sub, but cant due to financial reasons.

axonrey@gmail.com
04-16-2018, 04:33 PM
I hope Clutch uses Ozone’s Head with black hair.

I hope it uses the concept vault clutch head or else why??

efvogler3rd@yahoo.com
04-20-2018, 09:20 AM
No hints yet for the 13th figure?

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
04-20-2018, 09:45 AM
Would the club consider releasing the last FSS poly bagged to lower the cost somewhat? And if they did polybag them, ship them all at once to save on shipping. I am a young collector and I would love to sub, but $400 plus shipping is way to expensive for thirteen figures and out of my budget. I am sure that I am not the only would who would like to sub, but cant due to financial reasons.

I asked for that like 5 or 6 years ago and never got anywhere so I don’t think they are interested in offering that. I think has worked out okay for me though. I’ve never wanted to keep all 13 and having them carded makes them worth more to resell so the ones I’ve kept have been a lot cheaper as a result.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
04-20-2018, 09:46 AM
No hints yet for the 13th figure?

My guess is we’ll get something after the other 12 reveals are done. That is how I remember it going in the past anyway.

terran_brackiatt@yahoo.com
04-28-2018, 11:16 AM
i gotta be honest here: the only ones i want this time around are BulletProof, Blizzard, Recoil, and Munitia.

Don't get me wrong, all of the characters are done very well. i'm especially impressed with Grid Iron, Fast Draw, Payload, and Red Laser. i just don't care for all of those 8 other characters.

I also don't have the funds after the last KickStarter to which i pledged, so i unfortunately must pass on this one, instead buying up the few i'd like in the aftermarket...

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
04-30-2018, 05:39 AM
I got my magazine the other day, and I have to say that Munitia is spot on! Not a figure I have to have, but they nailed this one spot on in my opinion!!

04-30-2018, 10:15 AM
I got my magazine the other day, and I have to say that Munitia is spot on! Not a figure I have to have, but they nailed this one spot on in my opinion!!

Hopefully, they’ll reveal her online today; I haven’t received my magazine yet.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
04-30-2018, 10:46 AM
I added this on the Captain Gridiron feed last night and thought I'd add it here also when Gridiron was first revealed I said that I liked it but something was off after dusting part of my collection I noticed the harness/armor on the SDCC Roadblock flom last year. The collar and shoulder straps look like they were inspired by football pads i think this siple change would only improve this figure and give him that little extra that wouldtake him from nice,ok,or it'll do to a must have. I would like to hear everyone else's thoughts on this tell me what you think.

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
04-30-2018, 11:12 AM
The collar and shoulder straps look like they were inspired by football pads i think this siple change would only improve this figure and give him that little extra that wouldtake him from nice,ok,or it'll do to a must have. I would like to hear everyone else's thoughts on this tell me what you think.

I gave it some thought, and since he wasn't a must have for me, I had decided I liked the look and going to keep him. Heck, I just bought his missle launcher with missiles off eBay yesterday. Personal opinion is leave it be.

Hopefully, they’ll reveal her online today; I haven’t received my magazine yet.

I personally think everyone who was looking forward to this figure will be EXTREMELY happy!!

skoor.cr@gmail.com
04-30-2018, 12:19 PM
Just got my mag in I concur with everyone's opinion on Munitia. She looks perfect to me.

efvogler3rd@yahoo.com
04-30-2018, 01:16 PM
Yeah This may turn out to be one of the best looking Subs ever. While Fast Draw is a little disappointing. Munitia is Amazing! Lt. Clay Moore is the only let down to me, probably because I was looking to him most.

04-30-2018, 03:38 PM
Yeah This may turn out to be one of the best looking Subs ever. While Fast Draw is a little disappointing. Munitia is Amazing! Lt. Clay Moore is the only let down to me, probably because I was looking to him most.

My sentiments as well. I believe 8 out of the 12 are home runs. For me, Grid-iron, Fast Draw & Clutch are base hits. The only strike is Lt. Clay Moore. He just needs to be bulked up to match that big noggin!

charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com
04-30-2018, 04:45 PM
I think we will never get a full slate of figures that we all 100% agree upon or like. This is a pretty good line up & I have placed my order tonight. Hope everyone enjoys their figures.

jrgrfg@aol.com
04-30-2018, 08:49 PM
I am very happy with this sub. My only comments are on Fast Draw, Clay Moore and Red Laser:

Fast Draw: Just change the helmet to Steel Brigade or some of the others mentioned. I think that would be more than enough to differentiate from Blowtorch.

Clay Moore: Very disproportionate. Thicker legs would help, but really just a Cobra Trooper body and helmet with the SDCC Matt Tracker head, I think would have been a perfect Lt. Clay Moore.

Red Laser: Love the figure, all I think I would change is to keep the belt buckle all black. The silver accent for the buckle highlights the Cobra symbol and it just clashes with the Red Shadows symbol.

I would take everyone else as they are.

ATBotts78@gmail.com
05-01-2018, 06:57 AM
If they don’t release a statement soon about changing Fast Draw’s Head, with the subscription deadline fast apparoaching, then I think it’s safe to say that they aren’t budging on this one, which is a shame, because he was so close to being a must-have figure.

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
05-01-2018, 07:16 AM
Fast Draw still is. Just gonna take a little bit of customizing to fix. No biggie. I think I already know how I'm gonna do it, just gotta get him in hand to see if it's gonna work. Just like I've already got the replacement helmet for Clutch, Grid Irons missile launcher, etc..... Ever since I signed up, I've been ordering parts, weapons, etc to customize each one I plan on keeping. I customize using real parts, not repainted. I hate repainting.

autobotcitycomics@hotmail.com
05-01-2018, 11:34 AM
All signed up but only want half of them tho

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
05-01-2018, 05:50 PM
Really like the line up and the builds are good with the exceptions of a few little tweaks I'll make for personal tastes. The only one I really don't like is Gridiron, I just don't like that character. All in all, I'm excited to see the card art and can't wait to get these.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
05-02-2018, 08:59 PM
I'm in again for this set, signed up yesterday. I've done every sub except for 7, there just wasn't enough in there that I had to have for my collection, although the 13th figure will probably be something amazing that I want just because I didn't sign up.

I was really excited about the lineup this time, and while all the reveals weren't always what I was hoping for, they still look pretty good. They are the only versions of these characters we will ever get and better than I could make myself customizing.

rjhiii@sover.net
05-04-2018, 04:38 PM
Good interview and yes he discusses helping to design FSS 8.0 and other FSS figures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcNLUXb4xUE

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
05-04-2018, 06:39 PM
That interview was certainly enlightening. Hawk gets the Resolute head, Payload gets Leoric head and the FSS 8 13 is no longer as simple as "oh, it's this guy or the other guy". His is good stuff.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
05-04-2018, 08:02 PM
Wow I'd like to know how there's 13 members of Ninja Force still needing to be made when there is only 15 figures under that sub team name. 1992 gave us the first wave and it had 6 figures

1. Dice
2. Dojo
3. Nunchuck
4. Slice (red)
5. T'J Bang

Last time I looked all of theese have been made,15-6=9
1993 had those 9

1. Banzai
2. Bushido
3. Night Creeper
4. Scarlett
5. Snake Eyes
6. Zartan
7. Red Ninja
8. T'Gin Zu

As of this time we can confirm 2 made unless you count the Dollar General series 2 Storm Shadow and then its 3, leaving 6-7 unmade. Where are the extra figures? I hope he's not counting the Shadow Ninjas which are repaints of

1. Bushido
2. Night Creeper
3. Nunchuck
4. Slice
5. Snake Eyes
6. Storm Shadow

But theese were not under the Ninja Force banner they were under the Shadow Ninjas banner. Even if he takes the ninja characters from Valor vs Venom and Ninja Battles you would only be able to add 6 characters

1. Slash
2. Kamakura
3. Tiger Claw
4. Slice v6
5. Shadow Strike
6. Black Dragon

Now according to my memory, and please correct me if I'm wrong the only person to ask for any of the Ninja Battles or Valor vs Venom was me. I don't know about anyone else but if we get a variant of an already existing figure I'll be very upset.

I forgot to add Storm Shadow under 92 as number 6 and slice (Orange) under 93.

terran_brackiatt@yahoo.com
05-04-2018, 08:31 PM
okay... i changed my mind... I'm in.

i just can't bring myself to pay those aftermarket prices. i'd end up paying more for the 4-5 figures i want than just subbing for the whole set now...

The extended deadline made it possible. Thanks Club!

ATBotts78@gmail.com
05-04-2018, 09:19 PM
So I’m about to take this thread back to a “general discussion,” angle and not just the Ninja Force figure...I know I know, it’s the hot topic, but here’s what I was thinking. A year ago or more when Dojo was made, everyone and their mother naturally assumed that Headman was sure to follow with the recycled head. Unless he’s a con exclusive this year, the most obvious recycled head, wont actually be recycled. If you go back and look, there are several threads when Dojo was revealed that garaunteed Headman would be part of the 2018 Con Set or FSS 8.0. A lot of people predicted the 2018 Con Set would be DEF vs Headhunters solely based (at that time) on the Dojo head sculpt reveal. But the likelihood that Headman will ever be made is slim to none. What a difference a year makes. And yet BF 2000 heads have been recycled several times in a year’s time, who saw that coming? Especially over the Dojo Head for Headman?

rjhiii@sover.net
05-04-2018, 11:45 PM
I wonder what figures were considered, but ended up getting cut in the end...

axonrey@gmail.com
05-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I'd love to see figures and mock ups that didn't make it or got rejected by Hasbro.

kelty11@verizon.net
05-06-2018, 11:11 AM
Two comments:
1. Why is a Hasbro designer working on the club figure when the company is pulling the plug from Fun Pub?
2. While not a huge fan of Ninja Force, Eco Warriors, etc. I do appreciate the updates to the latter day Joes. Remember not every ARAH fan grew up with the 1982-86/87/88 characters. "My" GI Joe is 1989 to 1994 (for good or ill). I saw the original cartoons, but these were not the toys I owned (I did have a few of the originals). I always cringe at the animosity directed at those of us who "like" the '89-'94 Joes because I don't see that among 1960's Joe and 1970's AT fans.

05-06-2018, 11:56 AM
The club has always had to get approval from Hasbro, before any product can be released. Hasbro owns the tooling & allows the club to use it. The relationship between the club & Hasbro has always been a symbiotic one, plus, Hasbro people have access to the entire library of parts, both released & unreleased; which even the most diehard fan might not have.

I was in there from 1982 to 1988, what really turned me off of Joe was Tigerforce & Python Patrol. While I don’t mind them now, I didn’t like the idea of spending my allowance to buy a repainted figure that I already had back then. Night Force & sonic fighters were more of the same. I got back in from 1992 to 1994, because of the new characters & subteams. Battle Corps, DEF, Star Brigade & Ninja Force weren’t repaints of old characters (for the most part) they were all new characters or all new looks; i’m Glad the club has catered to this area of Joe, as well as the early/mid 80’s.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
05-06-2018, 12:15 PM
Ninja Commandos had their own logo, but being unreleased that could have been changed and released as another wave of Ninja Force. The logo looks identical with the red star and the font.

Ok good point but if you want to go that route what about the Ninja Battles figures by this logic they also could be added in. That mean we can add Slash, Tiger Claw, Shadow Strike, Black Dragon, Kamakura, unreleased Soft Master and Iron master. Oh and Jinx v3 not to mention Slice v5 or Kamakura v2,v3,and v4. Theese add another 15 figures that potentially could be added still making the unmade ninja list more than 13, so the question is where do we say enough is enough and theese characters are the only ones that are included and theese aren't. I mean since I posed the question of what characters are we including and which ones are we leaving out we have easily added another 2 dozen plus characters and no closer to the answer.

morgardee@hotmail.com
05-06-2018, 07:24 PM
I couldn't do it. I've bought every set and usually I buy two but this time around I couldn't do it. There wasn't any "must have" figures for me.

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
05-06-2018, 08:22 PM
See, for me it was the other way around. I signed up and bought when I saw the line up! I got in on fss 6, just missed 7, and loving 8. Before 6, there was never enough to buy in. I always went secondary market to get the figures I wanted.

ATBotts78@gmail.com
05-07-2018, 08:07 AM
Boy you guys are really torturing yourselves over this ninja thing aren’t you? The logical choice is Banzai. They probably made that video with the Hasbro executive just to keep everyone talking about it, instead of moving on. But what if they didn’t go with the logical choice? Well then it’s obviously just a repaint of Snake Eyes (25th Anniversary Version 1) with an all-new figure stand that reads, “codename: Sean Collins.” What too soon?

rjhiii@sover.net
05-07-2018, 08:13 AM
Hahahhahahahaha, Kamukura /Throwdown = new Snake Eyes

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
05-07-2018, 11:00 AM
Throwdown will never count as Snake Eyes in my personal opinion. I'd like to toss a few names in here of who I think it could be if not Banzai or Zartan. How about Pale Peony, Dawn Moreno, Tiger Claw, Shadow Strike or even Black Dragon? The concept case also had some great looking ninjas, but I can't recall names.

Macdowin@gmail.com
05-07-2018, 01:02 PM
Speculation is fun, isn't it? :)

While you have an interesting idea and yes they were ninjas. They were not directly tied to the Ninja Force team. Since they said Ninja Force I was going off of what is tied directly to that team. I disregard the Shadow Ninjas simply because they were repaints and gimmicky. The only reason I tossed Ninja Commandos out there is that being unproduced we don't know if Ninja Commandos would have stuck or if it would have been changed to Ninja Force.

Storm Shadow - x
Dojo - x
Nunchuk - x
T'Jabang - x
Slice - x
Dice - x

Snake Eyes
Scarlett - x
Bushido - x
Banzai
T'Gin'Zu
Zartan
Night Creeper
Red Ninja
Slice (Orange) - Disregard (Repaint)

Flint
Budo
Storm Shadow
Road Pig
Knockout

Of course this list shows that 11 are remaining. I feel it would be out there to get a Ninja Commando, so my bets are on Banzai, Zartan or Night Creeper.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
05-07-2018, 01:11 PM
And if you want you can add T'Gin Zu to the already made list as the repaint of the Ninja Force Storm Shadow was made to look like the original which was a repaint of the original Ninja Force Storm Shadow

j_yoders@hotmail.com
05-07-2018, 08:07 PM
I'm still hoping for Zartan. The 2012 GI Joe Trooper retaliation head would be perfect for him.

wuala87@gmail.com
05-08-2018, 12:51 PM
Hi guys, I'm also registered for fss 8.0 and really excited. I have chosen the payment in installments, someone can guide me on how the payments would be, the first payment is instantaneous, but the two remaining at which time are paid? Thank you

j_yoders@hotmail.com
05-08-2018, 01:11 PM
They will ship you the first three figures, then your second installment will be taken off the credit card you signed up with. Same thing with the next three and then the final payment will be made after the next three. Or maybe it's four. I can't remember exactly.

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
05-08-2018, 01:38 PM
Hi guys, I'm also registered for fss 8.0 and really excited. I have chosen the payment in installments, someone can guide me on how the payments would be, the first payment is instantaneous, but the two remaining at which time are paid? Thank you

They will ship you the first three figures, then your second installment will be taken off the credit card you signed up with. Same thing with the next three and then the final payment will be made after the next three. Or maybe it's four. I can't remember exactly.
The Billing periods are after the first two and 2nd two shipments (each shipment except the sixth is two figures. ^th is 3 figures) Closer to shipment the Club will let you know the approximate dates of the other two payments and those are automatic.

gjwermund@gmail.com
05-08-2018, 04:16 PM
For fss 8 the club already announced the billing dates as October and December

skoor.cr@gmail.com
05-08-2018, 04:28 PM
For fss 8 the club already announced the billing dates as October and December

But that can change depending upon when they send out the first shipment. Theese dates are depending on FSS8 being shipped somewhere between the end of August and the beginning of September.

gjwermund@gmail.com
05-08-2018, 04:33 PM
Yes but they stated they can only ship after December 31st so they have to collect all payments prior to the end of the year so I'm guessing these are hard dates

05-08-2018, 08:22 PM
So, FSS 7’s 2nd & 3rd payments are July & August? Then, FSS 8’s 2nd & 3rd payments are October & December? Then, the club has 2019 to sell any club inventory? Is this correct?

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
05-08-2018, 10:51 PM
The way I understand it is that the club can continue to create figures so long as the product is in the US and ready to ship by the end of 2018. That's likely why we won't get FSS 9. The turn around would be past the dradline.

gjwermund@gmail.com
05-08-2018, 11:08 PM
Based off what the club has said they can sell up to Dec 31st only. After that they can only ship items that have been sold