PDA

View Full Version : GIJCC: FSS 8.0 First Figure Preview!

Commander_Lane
04-06-2018, 12:09 PM
Order Now (https://www.mastercollector.com/fss/login.cfm?eid=1000001)... from the 2018 Figure Subscription Service 8.0 website!

Our GIJCC Figure Subscription Service 8.0 is an optional separate purchase if you are an active member of the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club. You can subscribe now through the May 2nd, 2018 deadline!

We are very excited to offer the eighth and final limited edition GIJCC FSS (Figure Subscription Service). This assortment contains a variety of club member requested characters from all eras of the 3 3/4-inch G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero series. It includes classic 80's, 90's, 2000's, international, and many never previously released characters to add to your modern era action figure collection. Upon successful completion, you will also receive a BONUS mystery 13th carded action figure with the last shipment.

Each single carded action figure features the highly articulated modern era sculpts with weapons and accessories for them to accomplish any mission!

http://www.gijoeclub.com/images/2018/FSS8gridironWEB.jpg

G.I. JOE INFANTRY OFFICER
Code Name: CAPTAIN GRID-IRON
(Inspired by the 1990 action figure.)
Features NEW helmet & re-tooled officer's pistol!
Includes: removable helmet, armored vest, holster with pistol,
officer's suppressor pistol, football "grenade" and figure stand.

NOTE: These modern era club exclusive action figures will not be exact replicas of their vintage counterparts. All images are Photoshop mock-up representations, final product, accessories and/or colors will vary!

jrgrfg@aol.com
04-06-2018, 01:21 PM
Wow! The first one looks great and the lineup list is just absolutely AMAZING!!! I have to admit it, way to go Club, thank you for listening. I really thought at first it was a late April Fool's joke. I am stoked!!!!

wilsongj2002@hotmail.com
04-06-2018, 01:54 PM
So exciting!! Great to get Red Laser but would love more Red Shadows before the end of days, the Baron, Black Major, some troops

j_yoders@hotmail.com
04-06-2018, 02:51 PM
LOVE that we get Fast Draw, Tan Clutch, Overkill and a few more of the last of the original ARAH run.

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
04-06-2018, 03:03 PM
I was in and purchased as soon as I saw the list!!!! Here's hoping the Bonus is ____________!!!! I'll save it for the 8.0 bonus figure thread.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
04-06-2018, 03:39 PM
I like it, but there's something missing not sure what. It just feels a little off. Maybe it's the harness or the green camo at the bottom of the legs, or maybe it's just me.

axonrey@gmail.com
04-06-2018, 03:47 PM
Off to a good start. The last line in the promo flyer concerns me though.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
04-06-2018, 05:16 PM
I'm in at just the 1st reveal. This line up is phenomenal! Well done club and way to go out with a really big BANG. Metalhead would be proud.

shadow.z6@hotmail.com
04-06-2018, 05:32 PM
OMG love the design and legs! indeed true update version of his vintage toy maybe except the helmet

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
04-06-2018, 05:38 PM
Can we at some point get a view without the helmet?

serpion3789@yahoo.com
04-06-2018, 07:31 PM
The only thing I wish they would change about the line is I would rather the overkill be v.1 than v.2.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
04-06-2018, 07:51 PM
I'm liking this first reveal a lot. Grid Iron was high on my want list and this looks like a really good figure. I'm glad he is getting a new, removable helmet. He seems a little under armed though, with only a couple pistols and a football. It's easy enough to give him an assault rifle afterwards though, I have plenty of extra weapons.
I wonder how he would look if one set of pads somewhere on his arms was colored yellow? A call back to the removable elbow pads the original figure had that clipped on his arms.

rjhiii@sover.net
04-06-2018, 08:10 PM
Off to a good start. The last line in the promo flyer concerns me though.

The line about not being exact colors, look, etc has been on all the FSS since the Hit N Run, Spearhead, NCL Leader, Vypra year. ...

ChadExcitement@aol.com
04-06-2018, 09:49 PM
Well, they nailed the only three Joes I asked for in Payload, Blizzard and Fast Draw. I guess I'm out of luck on all the Cobra figures I desired. I still need to see the figures to be sold though.

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
04-07-2018, 06:59 AM
I like it, but there's something missing not sure what. It just feels a little off. Maybe it's the harness or the green camo at the bottom of the legs, or maybe it's just me.

I said the same thing and after doing some research, I think it's the helmet. It doesn't fit with me either! Should be a clear visor, not the silver color and the top of the helmet should be more rounded. Also could use some of the yellowish camo-ed into the arms and helmet.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
04-07-2018, 09:01 AM
I said the same thing and after doing some research, I think it's the helmet. It doesn't fit with me either! Should be a clear visor, not the silver color and the top of the helmet should be more rounded.

I don't think they could do the visor clear because they are making the helmet all one piece instead of 2 like the original. I'm not gonna complain though, because al least he is getting a new helmet (unlike Blizzard and Recoil, but I'll wait until those are revealed to say more).

sheila4420@hotmail.com
04-07-2018, 10:06 AM
I think he looks great as an updated version. Always great to add a captain to the ranks as well! I'm actually surprised they did Grid Iron with the removable football helmet and everyrthing. Looks great and can't wait to get him and most of the rest

kelty11@verizon.net
04-07-2018, 12:43 PM
Wow! What a phenomenal lineup- going out with a bang.

It's unfortunate that the club didn't get another year or two as 1990 is almost complete.

Capt. Grid-Iron look fantastic. Receiving him will be a real nostalgia trip for me as I got the original for Christmas 1990. Can't wait to see the headsculpt.

ozcouple@live.com
04-16-2018, 11:17 AM
I think this figure looks great--thumbs up, Club!

jimsnow70@aol.com
04-16-2018, 05:54 PM
I actually like this figure over the original.

charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com
04-21-2018, 11:30 AM
Good looking figure. Grid Iron not one of my favourites, but still happy the Club is making figures.

NS550@aol.com
04-26-2018, 04:02 PM
OMG you have no idea how happy this figure makes me! I honestly didn't think I would ever see a Captain Grid-Iron ever in modern format! He looks great! I do wish they added in his rocket launcher though but I will not complain about accessories. Any chance we can have a jersey number printed on his torso under the body armor? He looks like a number "11" to me. :)

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
04-27-2018, 02:36 PM
Well, Grid Iron was a quarterback at West Point, so #11 would be appropriate for that position. I like the idea, but I doubt they will spend money for paint apps that would be hidden by his vest most of the time.

Also, I have seen some complaining (not on this site, but elsewhere) that he looks too small for a football player. I think he is fine for a quarterback. Army's starting quarterback this year was 5-11, 205 lbs. Not all athletes look like The Rock. This is still one of my favorite looking figures from this FSS.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
04-29-2018, 10:51 PM
When the Captain was first revealed I said that I liked it but something was off after dusting part of my collection I paid a little more attention to last years SDCC Roadblock harness/body armor, in the shoulder pads and collar it looks more football influenced. What does everyone else think? I think this is the change needed to take him from ok to hell yeah.

troysheets2001@yahoo.com
04-29-2018, 11:19 PM
The armor is the one thing that bugs me about him.