PDA

View Full Version : GIJCC: FSS 7.0 First Figure Preview!

Commander_Lane
10-31-2017, 03:01 PM
Order now from the 2017 Figure Subscription Service 7.0 website... Click Here (https://www.mastercollector.com/fss/login.cfm?eid=1016)!

Our GIJCC Figure Subscription Service 7.0 is an optional separate purchase if you are an active member of the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club. You can subscribe from October 31st, through December 4th, 2017!

We are very excited to offer the seventh limited edition GIJCC Figure Subscription Service. This assortment contains a variety of twelve fan requested characters from all eras of the 3 3/4-inch G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero series. It includes classic 80's, 90's, 2000's, international, and many never previously released characters to add to your modern era action figure collection. Upon successful completion, you will also receive a BONUS mystery 13th carded action figure with the last shipment.

Each single carded action figure features the highly articulated modern era sculpts with weapons and accessories for them to accomplish any mission!

http://www.gijoeclub.com/images/2018/FSS7desertWEB.jpg

G.I. JOE DESERT TROOPER & COYOTE
Code Name: DUSTY & SANDSTORM
(Inspired by the 1991 action figure.)
Includes: removable beret, harness with large knife,
assault rifle, sub machine gun, coyote, knife,
pistol with suppressor, and figure stand.

NOTE: These modern era club exclusive action figures will not be exact replicas of their vintage counterparts. All images are Photoshop mock-up representations, final product, accessories and/or colors will vary!

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
10-31-2017, 03:21 PM
I like it. Not quite the sculpt I imagined for Sandstorm, but quite good.

timgetshismail@gmail.com
10-31-2017, 03:23 PM
Not bad! I do think the hands could use some work. They would be great for posing him in an at-ease since the hands are tilted forward, but an action pose would look awkward. The web gear and legs have both been used quite a bit, but they do look good.

Sandstorn being a Timber repaint is a bummer, but creating a new animal sculpt is more expensive than using this.

Kangor will be very cool to see with his kangaroo!

hushed.tanstaafl@gmail.com
10-31-2017, 03:27 PM
Is that brown or metallic copper color?

GIJCC_Staff
10-31-2017, 03:49 PM
It's brown not metallic. The color shifts tend to look shiny because of the flash.

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
10-31-2017, 04:34 PM
I like it!! Bring on the rest!!

Actually the legs need the camo pattern now that I realize. Otherwise, it's just fine.

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
10-31-2017, 07:13 PM
Too much on the legs and harness for me, but easily fixable. Now about the Sandstorm. Not digging it. Going to try and find a decent replacement........

NS550@aol.com
10-31-2017, 08:42 PM
I agree about the leg cammo, definitely would help and the Timber repaint as his "coyote" isn't the best choice but as it's basically an accessory I don't mind it too much, I can repaint an older version of Timber that's smaller to be closer to a coyote. I honestly really liked the POC take on dusty, he looked grungy like a dessert trooper should. This figure will be a tough call for me!

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
10-31-2017, 08:46 PM
Also the Falcon head needs to be swapped with the 50th Dusty head. Put the Dusty head on Dusty.

NS550@aol.com
10-31-2017, 08:53 PM
Also the Falcon head needs to be swapped with the 50th Dusty head. Put the Dusty head on Dusty.

True, that would have also been the same head the POC version had if they did that. My only thought is that they didn't use the dusty head because the beret doesn't fit on it... not sure though.

8lalonde@gmail.com
10-31-2017, 09:03 PM
@Club

i'm sure you can do a better paint job. just an idea here

http://enfantsdufeu.com/ian/dusty.png

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
10-31-2017, 09:41 PM
I do like the lighter color. It is closer to the original and has the camo on the legs that everyone is looking for! I am talking about Ian's rendition.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
10-31-2017, 09:58 PM
Not bad, but could definitely be better. I don't understand why you don't use eithe the P.O.C. or 50th Dusty head. 2 the pants need to have the camo pattern on them. 3 the harness is wrong there are much better choices. 4 the color should be a lighter shade. 5 I'm not sure they'll work but the P.O.C. Recondo knees and lower legs would look a lot better.

ATBotts78@gmail.com
10-31-2017, 10:16 PM
Use Spearhead's "Max," as a repaint before you try and pass off a wolf as a coyote. A coyote is half the size of a wolf. The figure is relevant and important to me, but this offering with the Falcon / Sgt Major Duncan style head is a disappointment. Where's the desert camouflage pattern on this figure?

shadow.z6@hotmail.com
10-31-2017, 11:35 PM
not fund of the head sculpt they should go with Dusty head either 25th anniversary or the one we got in pursuit of cobra/50th anniversary

shadow.z6@hotmail.com
10-31-2017, 11:42 PM
They should definitely use POC/50th anniversary Dusty

ChadExcitement@aol.com
11-01-2017, 01:11 AM
I got burned a ways back for wanting proper '86 Roadblock and '88 Shockwave figures. I honestly don't see anything in this wave of figures that will be better than that. To each his own, but this Dusty with a Falcon head, a repainted (outdated) Timber, and those same legs on almost every other figure is just so uninspired. We have a great 25th '85 version Dusty already. Wasted spot as far as I'm concerned. I don't remember anyone on this site requesting this figure. Am I wrong?

davide.romanello@gmail.com
11-01-2017, 01:28 AM
I have never thought this figure could be part of FSS. Honestly there are tens of characters could get a spot (Blizzard and Lightfoot for sure imho).
Anyway if i get it, I'd like to get it with Dusty POC head. 'cause that's Dusty!

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
11-01-2017, 06:51 AM

True, that would have also been the same head the POC version had if they did that. My only thought is that they didn't use the dusty head because the beret doesn't fit on it... not sure though.

A buddy of mine checked and the beret will fit and not fall off.

dgarlit@gmail.com
11-01-2017, 07:02 AM
Agreed, using the Max body from the FSS Spearhead would make more sense to me than repainting Timber. The camo on the pants is kind of a big thing.

rjhiii@sover.net
11-01-2017, 08:13 AM
I agree, this was a bottom tier figure for FSS 12 or 15 when they would have been running out of "classic figures" to update. Some people in decision making positions either get lots of requests for figures post 1990 that we don't see, or have such a love for them themselves that we seem to have gotten most of them, and have major gaps in 1987, 1988, and 1989 ...

j_yoders@hotmail.com
11-01-2017, 09:03 AM
I don't mind getting this figure even though he's not one of my top ten requests and the head sculpt looks fine to me. However, that's CLEARLY a wolf and not a coyote.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
11-01-2017, 10:01 AM
Don't really care about this version of the character, but I have to agree with Ian on the paint job. Plus, notice how the Dusty head sits more proportionately on the neck and the berret fits (head on the left).

leo@joebattlelines.com
11-01-2017, 10:18 AM
It's not a bad start but he's missing the camouflage on the pants. That alone would help elevate this build to a level above "FSS 1 Desert Grunt" status.

An odd choice for Sandstorm too but I can imagine that anything else would require new tooling. I'm still curious to see what you guys come up with for Kangor's sidekick. (BTW-- bonus points for naming him "Jack".)

madmac41@hotmail.com
11-01-2017, 01:42 PM
I'd like to see the Dusty head and the original colors and cammo, but I think that Widescope's Lamont would be a better Sandstorm

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
11-01-2017, 02:46 PM
I totally agree that Widescope's critter would be much better choice!!

rocketride@centurylink.net
11-01-2017, 07:28 PM
I like it. My only complaint is a minor thing. I dislike weapons that aren't black. Yes I know there are brown rifles in real life, but for me I dig the old school black. Otherwise I am looking forward to this.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
11-01-2017, 07:35 PM
You definitely need the camo pattern on the pants and the color, as it looks, is more green than tan. Why would there be green on him at all? I don't see any reason why the club can't apply existing tan camo patterns to the pants and tan paint application to the wife beater shirt. I don't have any problem with the webgear and, like I said before, it's not a character I'm terribly fond of having in my collection but fine for an FSS slot for the people who want him. I just can't imagine ANYONE wanting a light green application Dusty without camo pants.

manolive@hotmail.com
11-01-2017, 10:15 PM
A buddy of mine checked and the beret will fit and not fall off.

You don't have to be coy man, lol. You can say it was me :D I was just coming in here to post the pic I sent you when I saw that Ian did a killer job putting together that comparison. I guess I didn't realize the colors were that far off until I saw it. I know it's extraordinarily unlikely that camo paint would be added. But a lighter color would please most of us.

I don't remember anyone on this site requesting this figure. Am I wrong?

He came up on many fans lists. Mine for one. But as much as it would probably have gotten an equal amount of complaints I really would have liked and mostly expected this to be a tan repaint of the 50th blue version. Colors aside that is the best Dusty we've ever got.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
11-02-2017, 05:26 AM
What would be the difficulty in adding camo paint to the legs? Seems like it shouldn't really be that hard.

rjhiii@sover.net
11-02-2017, 08:11 AM
Paint applications add to the cost. The tiger stripe Night Creeper Leader vs the LA Lakers NCL debate revealed that additional paint masking slowed the process and was an additional cost not budgeted for in that FSS.

axonrey@gmail.com
11-02-2017, 10:38 AM
###

I just find it odd, as if it had to be done on purpose. Unless there's a cost associated with tooling a head and a beret separately, as opposed to tooling a head that already comes with a beret- which doesn't seem like it makes sense. Even if that's the case, Flint's head would be better than Falcon's.

rjhiii@sover.net
11-02-2017, 02:21 PM
But they are separate, the post says removable beret. To me the Dusty head on Dusty is the way to go...
and I agree Lamont would make a better coyote than Timber. Either way I will probably sub, but this is the first time the secondary market looks like it might be an option for me. Only 3 of 12 are must have's, and I see this as a missed opportunity.

dgmgundam@yahoo.com
11-02-2017, 03:50 PM
As over used as the POC Dusty head sculpt is, it's still preferable to the Falcon head sculpt because the pieces actually fit. And just to clarify: It's okay to use Dusty's head for Dusty. It's another thing entirely to use Dusty's head for any other figure which should have a unique head sculpt of it's own.

I usually think the deco on Club figures is spot on, but this figure needs his signature camo pattern.

BTW: Please, don't quote me because I'm not sure they have worked the bug out of their system which shows the poster's email address and I don't want my email out everywhere. Thanks

j_yoders@hotmail.com
11-02-2017, 06:11 PM
Even if you left off the camouflage pants, you could STILL change an existing light green paint application to a uniform tan one that, I would think, would cost the same.

shadow.z6@hotmail.com
11-03-2017, 12:34 AM
they should use for Dusty the head of Dusty Pursuit Of Cobra/50th, the body of Dusty Blue 50th and full legs of Beachhead 25th anniversary and for Sandstrom the wolf/coyote the one from Pursuit Of Cobra snake eyes pet since it has neck articulation1592 ...Hopefuly the Club see this Photoshop design and make it

axonrey@gmail.com
11-03-2017, 07:22 AM
I just can't see that head as anything other than Falcon. It's a great sculpt, which makes it pretty distinctive, and therefore even more difficult to envision it for another character. The earlier 25th heads that they tend to use, while older, are definitely less distinctive, and more fluid for multiple characters. Hopefully the skin tone is close enough to the 50th or PoC Dusty to make for an easy swap.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
11-03-2017, 09:25 AM
At the VERY least make it tan so we can all put our own desert camo on the pants ourselves. Just seems like a ridiculous oversight to not have desert camouflage on a desert trooper.

kelty11@verizon.net
11-04-2017, 10:35 AM
As a huge fan of the 1989-92 Joes I love it.

Two things - His uniform should be a lighter tan, not brown and there should be camo on his legs.

biggs369@gmail.com
11-05-2017, 12:17 PM
I can see why some of you don't think the head is right, and I tend to agree. But I can live with that, if they at least will add that camo to his pants.

GIJCC_Staff
11-08-2017, 02:13 PM
Please REMEMBER that the colors you see on screen are NOT what the colors of the final product will be. Nothing in the chain is color calibrated... from the original picture configured for the web to your monitor. So, as always the figures/colors/designs are always better in person!

rjhiii@sover.net
11-17-2017, 05:13 PM
The updated of Dusty looks better, but what can you do about Sandstorm?
https://scontent.fbed1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23561719_10155899739187679_7684038621956340752_n.j pg?oh=0176c61239055b5889e0157c87bd4546&oe=5A9C6EDC

Maybe you could use this version of Timber?
http://www.actionfigurepics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Ultimate-Snake-Eyes-Timber.jpg

It looks closer to this, than the large Wolf version chosen.
https://cloud10.todocoleccion.online/figuras-goma-pvc/fot/2008/08/22/9679525.jpg

jabvab@verizon.net
11-18-2017, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the update / revision on Dusty - looks great with the new camo.

I don't know if it's possible, but the poster above makes a great point of it's still possible to switch the Timber molds.

Again, thanks club!

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
11-18-2017, 08:34 AM
Yes, much better with the camo pants, THX.

rjhiii@sover.net
11-18-2017, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the update / revision on Dusty - looks great with the new camo.

I don't know if it's possible, but the poster above makes a great point of it's still possible to switch the Timber molds.

Again, thanks club!

I am not worried about the Head as the POC Dusty head is widely available, as is a Beret to use. Sandstorm (Sandy) needs a better less wolf like look.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
11-18-2017, 12:50 PM
Great revision!

kelty11@verizon.net
11-18-2017, 01:17 PM
Great! A big thank you to Fun Pub for revising the color scheme.

dgmgundam@yahoo.com
11-18-2017, 03:12 PM
The camo looks great. I still think the head sculpt needs changed as this one doesn’t even fit the neck post. I know some people are saying they will just swap out a POC Dusty head sculpt on their own for this one, but realistically the skin tones won’t match. It still won’t look right. I would like to see the Club use the POC Dusty head sculpt so we can get a properly fitting head that matches the skin tone.

PS: Please don’t quote me as I don’t want my email shared. Thanks.

rjhiii@sover.net
11-18-2017, 03:50 PM
The camo looks great. I still think the head sculpt needs changed as this one doesn’t even fit the neck post. I know some people are saying they will just swap out a POC Dusty head sculpt on their own for this one, but realistically the skin tones won’t match. It still won’t look right. I would like to see the Club use the POC Dusty head sculpt so we can get a properly fitting head that matches the skin tone.

PS: Please don’t quote me as I don’t want my email shared. Thanks.

True, but with so many reuses of that head sculpt one has to be the right skin tone. I agree the Falcon Head sits weird on the neck post and looks awkward, but I am more concerned with the Sandstorm representation.

PS If you quote some one remove the text/replace it with user name or leave blank after Quote= and before the ] and it will not share the email address because you have removed it.

terran_brackiatt@yahoo.com
11-18-2017, 04:09 PM
could always use a Dollar General Duke head... it's the same sculpt as the 30th and 50th Dusty head, and it has blond hair! (since so many folks associate the nickname "dusty" with one having blond hair, as mentioned in a different thread). Might even be the same skin tone.

i agree that the camo legs make this figure look a lot better.

as for Sandstorm, well... i've never been a fan of the un-articulated pets. So i couldn't care less.

crj9driver@gmail.com
12-04-2017, 07:08 PM
I like the camo--it's a huge improvement. Overall he's a decent update.