PDA

View Full Version : GIJCC FSS 6.0 Eighth Figure Preview!

Commander_Lane
05-24-2017, 02:00 PM
Our GIJCC Figure Subscription Service 6.0 is an optional separate purchase if you are an active member of the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club. You can subscribe now through the June 2nd, 2017 deadline!

We are very excited to offer the sixth limited edition GIJCC Figure Subscription Service. This assortment contains a variety of fan requested characters from all eras of the 3 3/4-inch G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero series. It includes classic 80's, 90's, 2000's, international, and many never previously released characters to add to your modern era action figure collection. Upon successful completion, you will also receive a BONUS mystery 13th carded action figure with the last shipment.

http://www.gijoeclub.com/images/2017/FSS6windmill2WEB.jpg
G.I. JOE SEARCH & RESCUE HELICOPTER PILOT
Code Name: WINDMILL
(Inspired by the 2004 India release!)
Includes: removable jacket, pistol, heli-backpack with control sticks,
and figure stand.

NOTE: These modern era club exclusive action figures will not be exact replicas of their vintage counterparts. All images are Photoshop mock-up representations, final product, accessories and/or colors may vary!

The cost of the 12-figure subscription service is $375 (+ shipping for 6 shipments). You can pay all at once or in three installments of $125 (billed to your credit card). When you subscribe and choose pay by Installment, you will be billed for the first two month's shipments. Then sometime during the second month of shipping you will be billed for the 3rd and 4th months' shipments and sometime during the 4th month of shipping you will be billed for the final 2 months' shipments.

Please note that for the installment payment option there is a $6 service charge per billing while the pay in full option has one $6 service charge. Please also note that for installment buyers, there is an additional charge each time a billing is attempted if your card is not approved. If your card has been declined and we have to rebill, we will only be able to retry your billing three (3) times before your subscription is cancelled. Each retry has an additional fee added to your total charge (please see the Terms and Conditions.)

This Figure Subscription Service is a "build to order process" so you can order as many as you like, until the order period closes. At that time, we will not process any more subscriptions and we may/may not have additional figures in the club store at a higher per figure price. Final figures colors/names/accessories may vary from the above descriptions and pictures.

Order now from the 2017 Figure Subscription Service 6.0 website... click here (https://www.mastercollector.com/fss/event.cfm?eid=1015)!

steve.2477@hotmail.com
05-24-2017, 02:22 PM
I would have preferred his 1988 colours over this version.

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
05-24-2017, 02:31 PM
OMG!!! It's pretty obvious the reason we got this figure was because of the re-use of that head.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
05-24-2017, 02:41 PM
That Wild Bill vest needs to retire. It works here, but not well. This figure is one I actually wanted too. Now I'm kinda disappointed by the results. Even the helicopter backpack seems a poor accessory choice and a missed attempt at paying tribute to the original vehicle.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
05-24-2017, 02:55 PM
Ah, that explains this. Funny, my lady loves this guy in these colors. Perhaps it will grow on me once in hand through her enjoying it.

arock1922@yahoo.com
05-24-2017, 02:55 PM
I wonder if the club could do a mock-up in the original green and orange colors for comparison?

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
05-24-2017, 07:17 PM
Ok club, now you need to release a search & rescue eaglehawk, so windmill can fly it. Who's he going to rescue with that backpack, cats out of trees?

kuukuuson@hotmail.com
05-24-2017, 11:43 PM
I'm not going to say I've ever been really into Windmill and I think that's a fair and popular statement. I am, however, at this point interested checking off vintage figures in 4" format so there is a place for Windmill. I don't think the Funskool deco is a good choice and would think this is a good opportunity to flesh out the vintage motif. Perhaps the level of detail on the Indian figure placed onto the 1988 motif. I don't think the Wild Bill chest piece is the best choice, perhaps the Lamprey's chest? I have to also, once again, say the BF2K Avalanche face isn't successfully brought to life. In this instance, I am seeing Kevin Spacey.

I know the head sculpt is locked in but this is a great chance to make Windmill into a redeeming character.

The helicopter is fun.

kelty11@verizon.net
05-25-2017, 11:02 AM
Overall, a decent figure- Love the helicopter pack. However, I wish the original colors had been use as we so little time left.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
05-25-2017, 03:41 PM
I find this decision puzzling. The FSS is supposed to be made of "fan requested" figures. I did a search of previous club member discussions and found only 12 mentions of Windmill (and they were asking for the 1988 USA version). He popped up once or twice each time we made an FSS wishlist or most-wanted-figures thread, although 6 of those 12 mentions were from 1 club member.

While there were numerous other more highly requested figures, I understand there are some limitations that have to be worked with. Not all figures are possible using existing molds, and this figure allows the reuse of a new head from the convention set. So, I get why Windmill's inclusion makes sense, even if he did not get specifically requested very much. A LOT of members in the above mentioned threads simply stated they want any remakes of vintage 1982-1994 ARAH figures. Those members might be happy if this figure was at least somewhat colored like his original USA version. I could not find anyone asking for the Funskool version of Windmill on this forum, yet this is the version we get. (In fact one of the 12 times his name popped up, someone was specifically saying they did NOT want Funskool Windmill.) Already in this thread there are 4 requests (not counting me) for his original 1988 colors. It's a small sample but these are the people who care enough to comment and give feedback.

Some members may not like the original colors very much either (they were kind of bright!). I would actually suggest a compromise. Instead of the original neon green and reddish-orange, maybe he would look better in a more muted green jacket and brownish flightsuit. (I have no skill in photoshop or I would submit some pictures, perhaps another member could come up with some different options).

Would the club designers be open to having a poll to find out which version is most wanted by club members? You said yourselves this is just a digital mock up and the final figure details and colors are subject to change. It should cost nothing extra to use different colors of plastic when making this, as I am not asking for any new parts or accessories or more paint applications than what is shown. If a poll shows more members want this Funskool version, then I (and everyone else who wants the original colors) will have to accept that result. However, since there have been literally no requests for this figure so far, I don't know if that would happen.

For what these figures cost and the fact that we need to pay a club membership fee before we can even buy them, I don't think it is unreasonable to expect to have some input on the process and to see a product that reflects what the members want to buy. I think my Salvo figure from FSS 5 is one of my favorite figures from the club. He turned out great because you listened and found out what most club members wanted. I doubt Windmill is on that same level, but it can't hurt to ask members for feedback.

I actually think most of the parts choices work okay for this figure and I don't mind reusing heads (just don't stand him next to Avalanche in the display!). I also really like the backpack. It is a nice reference to the windmill accessory of the Funskool figure, plus a nod to the fact that the original Windmill was a helicopter pilot. I just wish to see something that would check off the box on a list of vintage figures.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
05-26-2017, 08:47 AM
With the exceptions of WORMS and not #####RIDER, none of these figures are really ones that were highly requested. I'm still getting it for those two and for cool things I hadn't even anticipated such as the female Cobra Night Watch Officer, but, yeah, not a whole lot for filling out the collection beyond those two.

Brunner@Funpubinc.com
05-27-2017, 09:18 AM
He should be in his ARAH colors. This version is boring, for a subscription service at a high price point he should be in his original colors. I beleive fan majority would be with me here. Just check out all the complaints on him in other forums. This is a poor color choice here, everone wants ARAH colors first over variants.

almonellis@hotmail.com
05-30-2017, 06:11 PM
Yeah, I feel confident no one requested this figure. Would hope this could still be changed to the original color scheme. I hope the original isn't being saved to be released another way, because no one wants two versions of Windmill.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
05-30-2017, 07:47 PM
I was never going to do a custom of Windmill so its kinda nice to see one made. Would have appreciated the original colors though.

dgarlit@gmail.com
05-31-2017, 07:49 AM
Such a puzzling choice when there have been so many other figures requested.

kelty11@verizon.net
05-31-2017, 02:11 PM
The club really needs to consider revising the color scheme. This is just a paint job, not a tooling issue. I don't think anyone wanted a Funskool India- inspired character.

gjwermund@gmail.com
05-31-2017, 04:56 PM
This to me is the wild card figure. I want it to be great on my shelf but dont know if it will be

ozcouple@live.com
05-31-2017, 06:25 PM
Another vote for vintage v1 colors, please.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
06-01-2017, 10:05 AM
So far there have been 17 replies in this thread. Out of those, 5 expressed some concern about the character choice or were unsure if they liked this, 10 specifically requested getting this figure in original ARAH colors, and 1 guys said his girlfriend liked this figure. So far no club members have actually spoken up in favor of this figure, and it is sounding very unpopular on other fan sites as well. If that is the best you can do, maybe you should consider revising this character too (like Crosshair, Salvo, Spearhead, etc.). There might be some members out there that want this version, so why not put up a poll to see what colors would be best?

I'm a little confused how this decision was made in the first place. There wasn't any conversations about this version on the forum. I don't know why it is being forced into this package if there weren't any fans (or a very small number of fans) that wanted it. I see all the time though, people asking for the anything from the vintage 80s & 90s line to be updated.

rjhiii@sover.net
06-01-2017, 10:34 AM
I did the search and confirmed my fear- I was the 6 mentions of Windmill. All of which were either just a listing recap of characters requested in the past for the FSS, or characters from 1982-1990 that have yet to be made in a modern era sculpt. Not that he was necessarily high on my list of wants, but he was a want over anything being updated AFTER 1990 with two years left.

The two people that DID request Windmill both requested the original 1988 version, one of those two actually requesting Windmill wanted foreign funskool figures, except for Windmill. He was the only one that was specifically singled out as to not try an update with. That said the other mentions were in two packs and other Con exclusives, or as a cost saving measure one suggested Ghostrider and Windmill had a relatively similar head sculpt originally making them easy ones to update. Hmmm, nailed that didn't they...lol! But none of them actually looked like a request for Windmill.

All this said, I am okay with this as the colors look a heck of a lot better than the original, I am okay with a muted Green and Rust/Brown color pants, and I am okay if the Club wants to go full original 1988 colors. I look at it like Budo (another character that does not have a vintage accurate ME figure) whose retaliation figure is good enough for me.

zartanfan@gmail.com
06-01-2017, 11:34 AM
Count me as one of the subscribers that really like to see the international figures included in every f.s.s. offering. The India colors are unique and not boring like the US version (without the Skystorm copter to hide inside). Got to give the club credit for making him a "search & rescue" guy and giving him a MUCH better helicopter backpack.

pyro671402@comcast.net
06-01-2017, 12:03 PM
MUCH, MUCH prefer THIS "rescue pilot" coloring over the ridiculous U.S. release. PLEASE do not feel you have to be slavish to original coloring of figures, especially once we get into the era of questionable color choices. Remember, the Club made their "bread and butter" by "fixing" ridiculous figures!

kelty11@verizon.net
06-01-2017, 01:52 PM
I take back my suggestion. Just took a close look at the US Windmill online and he is BORING!! The Funskool version is much better.

leo@joebattlelines.com
06-01-2017, 04:30 PM
Count me as another "US version instead, please" vote.

charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com
06-01-2017, 08:30 PM
I like it. My order has been placed with a day to spare.