PDA

View Full Version : Fss 3.0

bigbri101@hotmail.com
01-05-2014, 02:12 PM
anyone know if or when the 3.0 FSS is gonna start? Missed the first 2 due to severe health issues. don't want to miss the next one

autobotcitycomics@hotmail.com
01-05-2014, 09:45 PM
I am sure they will

bigbri101@hotmail.com
01-06-2014, 08:39 AM
I hope so. likeing what I have seen so far with 1.0 and 2.0

justin@generalsjoes.com
01-08-2014, 02:37 PM
I'm hoping maybe we'll find out more at JoeCon in April. I'd keep your eyes posted for that!

ryan13771377@hotmail.com
01-08-2014, 03:53 PM
I'm hoping maybe we'll find out more at JoeCon in April. I'd keep your eyes posted for that!

I know I will keeping my eyes on all the info that comes out of the con. Can't wait for FSS 3

I do have a question for you though Justin. I know you and the other guys on WOJM have discussed at various times that due to licensing rights it maybe very hard for the club to do an ME version of Piper or SGT. Slaughter even if the fan demand might be high for them. It got me thinking since the club offered a particular version Slaughter ( 2006) and Piper was a club exclusive to begin with anyway , could the FSS in your opinion be an option for these figures if they were based on these designs instead of Hasbro ones, at least in the case of Slaughter,

justin@generalsjoes.com
01-11-2014, 08:19 AM
I know I will keeping my eyes on all the info that comes out of the con. Can't wait for FSS 3

I do have a question for you though Justin. I know you and the other guys on WOJM have discussed at various times that due to licensing rights it maybe very hard for the club to do an ME version of Piper or SGT. Slaughter even if the fan demand might be high for them. It got me thinking since the club offered a particular version Slaughter ( 2006) and Piper was a club exclusive to begin with anyway , could the FSS in your opinion be an option for these figures if they were based on these designs instead of Hasbro ones, at least in the case of Slaughter,

I guess it's possible, though I don't know all of the legal ramifications of it. I believe the Club was able to do Slaughter because it was a limited run exclusive and not mass retail, I'm not sure if that loophole (if it is a loophole) still applies or not.

It's quite possible that now that Mattel has the WWE license (and not Jakks) that it would be far more difficult for anyone affiliated with Hasbro/G.I. Joe to capitalize on that loophole again. And the Club needs Hasbro final approval to do it, so if Hasbro legal is skittish about it, they might not allow the Club to do it regardless.

That's all just hypothetical on my part, though.

ryan13771377@hotmail.com
01-11-2014, 04:48 PM
I guess it's possible, though I don't know all of the legal ramifications of it. I believe the Club was able to do Slaughter because it was a limited run exclusive and not mass retail, I'm not sure if that loophole (if it is a loophole) still applies or not.

It's quite possible that now that Mattel has the WWE license (and not Jakks) that it would be far more difficult for anyone affiliated with Hasbro/G.I. Joe to capitalize on that loophole again. And the Club needs Hasbro final approval to do it, so if Hasbro legal is skittish about it, they might not allow the Club to do it regardless.

That's all just hypothetical on my part, though.

Thanks for the response. I know its a question that gets asked a lot with regards to Slaughter or Piper but being that the club did have that loophole once the FSS might ( at least my theory) be that vehicle to get them out especially with the fan response to the original Piper( seen high prices for it on ebay a little while ago) and what looked like there would have been an attempt to do a second run of Slaughter after SDCC that year.

Again, thanks for your input and taking time out of your schedule to answer what has most likely become the most asked question around. I look forward to WOJM and to your figure reviews on GeneralsJoes.

rent1374@hotmail.com
01-12-2014, 09:00 PM
if the club reads this can you all recreate the figure ICE CREAM ....this was a cool fig. a suggestion for the FSS 3.0

LAIDYKASH@YAHOO.COM
01-15-2014, 08:03 AM
Hello everyone, I don't know about you guys and galls.
But the puny arms on Roadpig & Roadblock, are pissing me off!!!
These guys have massive arms, they really need to fix this!
If we start complaining they might do some thing about it.
Lets band together if you agree.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
01-15-2014, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the response. I know its a question that gets asked a lot with regards to Slaughter or Piper but being that the club did have that loophole once the FSS might ( at least my theory) be that vehicle to get them out especially with the fan response to the original Piper( seen high prices for it on ebay a little while ago) and what looked like there would have been an attempt to do a second run of Slaughter after SDCC that year.

Again, thanks for your input and taking time out of your schedule to answer what has most likely become the most asked question around. I look forward to WOJM and to your figure reviews on GeneralsJoes.

I hope the Club finds away to do Slaughter too. He was so important in the cartoon/movie/comics and so few collectors could get the SDCC figure.

I am not an expert either, but I know there are times you can use a trademarked property if you are not making money from it or using it to promote another product. If that is the case, maybe Sarge has a shot to be the 13th figure sometime. The 13th figure is technically a free bonus for signing up so the Club is not making money off it, and no one knows in advance so it is not like they would be using Slaughter to promote the FSS. Still a long shot, but maybe...

To differentiate a new Slaughter from the SDCC one, they could use new parts from Retaliation Roadblock. Or go with the Slaughter's Marauders color scheme to match the BBTS 7 pack.

firechief420@gmail.com
01-25-2014, 01:56 PM
Can we get Night Force Crazylegs next time?

gijoeguru@yahoo.com
01-26-2014, 08:32 AM
No kidding.... I was very disappointed that Crazylegs didn't make the NF cut.... What a shame... He was one of my favorite figures from the original NF team.

madmac41@hotmail.com
01-26-2014, 09:38 AM
I agree but please different legs. I would like to see the rest of Night Force Lightfoot and Sneak Peek.

nfattore@wideopenwest.com
01-26-2014, 11:05 AM
I've always wanted to see a Slaughters Maruaders Footloose to go along with the BBTS 7 pack. I think it'd be cool for FSS 3.0

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
01-26-2014, 06:53 PM
I agree but please different legs. I would like to see the rest of Night Force Lightfoot and Sneak Peek.

Lightfoot and Sneak Peek do not have any modern era figures yet. I would rather see them released in their v1 colors in the FSS instead of Night Force. Just offering a different opinion; remember that not everyone who subscribes to the FSS has the NF Convention set and might not like having to buy more NF characters.
Along those same lines, it would be good to see Repeater, Muskrat, Spearhead, etc. released in v1 colors. Might as well get more bang for your buck out of those new head sculpts.

justin@generalsjoes.com
01-27-2014, 03:36 PM
I agree and disagree. I'd much rather have the traditional Sneak Peek, and considering his run in the IDW Real American Hero book a while ago, I could see him being a focus, which would be great. Lightfoot I think looks a lot cooler in his Night Force duds than he does in the yellow, though, so I could deal with that version of him...

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
01-27-2014, 05:33 PM
I agree and disagree. I'd much rather have the traditional Sneak Peek, and considering his run in the IDW Real American Hero book a while ago, I could see him being a focus, which would be great. Lightfoot I think looks a lot cooler in his Night Force duds than he does in the yellow, though, so I could deal with that version of him...

I expect a lot of people don't love the yellow, but it's not always an objective decision based on which one looks cooler/more realistic. It's about nostalgia, and I had almost all the original versions of the NF characters (including Lightfoot), but I never heard of Night Force until much later (since they were TRU exclusives and most of my Joes came from K-Mart back in the day). I want that yellow Lightfoot because I had one back in the 80's. I'm guessing a lot of other modern Joe collectors feel the same way about other figures. This forum allows us to all talk about what we want, so the club can make the most popular version, or maybe find a way to do both.

ericfu13@hotmail.com
01-28-2014, 12:52 PM
I expect a lot of people don't love the yellow, but it's not always an objective decision based on which one looks cooler/more realistic. It's about nostalgia, and I had almost all the original versions of the NF characters (including Lightfoot), but I never heard of Night Force until much later (since they were TRU exclusives and most of my Joes came from K-Mart back in the day). I want that yellow Lightfoot because I had one back in the 80's. I'm guessing a lot of other modern Joe collectors feel the same way about other figures. This forum allows us to all talk about what we want, so the club can make the most popular version, or maybe find a way to do both.

I love the original Lightfoot, yellow or not. I prefer original colors over special teams uniforms, just me. Law & Order was maybe the only modern update that went away from trditional colors and was better for it. Again, my opinion. Having said all that, I'm really looking forward to what FSS 3 will offer. I preferred FSS 1 to FSS 2 but FSS 2 didn't disappoint. Keep 'em coming.

firechief420@gmail.com
01-28-2014, 04:10 PM
But, but, but... Crazylegs was in the Nocturnal Fire comic book, Lightfoot and Sneak Peek weren't.

steve.2477@hotmail.com
01-29-2014, 02:00 PM
We need Psyche Out, Repeater, Muskrat and Spearhead in version 1 colours. I would want these any way the Club give them to us.

I wonder if the Club would release these repaints just in the Club store, not part of any con set or FSS, just exclusive to their store. I know I would buy them and I am sure many others would too.

wileyphoto@hotmail.com
02-03-2014, 10:48 AM
We need Psyche Out, Repeater, Muskrat and Spearhead in version 1 colours. I would want these any way the Club give them to us.

I wonder if the Club would release these repaints just in the Club store, not part of any con set or FSS, just exclusive to their store. I know I would buy them and I am sure many others would too.

I think that's an awesome idea. I would buy as well.
Also let's not forget Hardball and Rampart, along with those you mentioned they all need updates. And Girls Girls Girls. If Hasbro is not going to produce any and there were none in FSS 2 (so far) then the club should go back pick up some ladies and put them in the next FSS.

steve.2477@hotmail.com
02-04-2014, 02:35 PM
I meant the 2013 Nocturnal Fire set Psyche Out, Repeater, Charbroil, Muskrat and Spearhead repainted in 1987 and 1988 colours and maybe in the FSS 3.0 or anyway possible. If they are not in FSS 3.0 I would guess we will never get them repainted

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
02-04-2014, 03:24 PM

I second this (or third, if someone already seconded it). Anyway I agree! The version 1 colors mean so much more to a lot of collectors than the Night Force exclusive colors. Also, convention sets are very limited, a lot of us don't have those guys at all and I would love to see them made in the near future. There is much more demand for these than there was for another Shipwreck in TF colors.

The time might be right for the Club to offer some additional products in their store, not just the FSS. Think about it. 50th anniversary,
no product to buy at retail, success of recent convention sets and membership figures. People want to buy GI Joe, if the club had some more product available at a slightly lower price point, a lot of people might join the club and start buying because they can't get stuff at stores. A small wave of repaint figures would be an easy way for the club to test it out and see what the demand is. Offering loose figures instead of carded would also keep the price (and shipping) lower.

These figures would also be great additions to a future FSS.

lordcorn_65@hotmail.com
02-06-2014, 07:22 PM

That would be awesome! I would love to see an updated Astro Viper. Either version 1 or 2 colors. Shadow Viper would be great too.

odb360@live.com
02-07-2014, 10:00 AM
I second this (or third, if someone already seconded it). Anyway I agree! The version 1 colors mean so much more to a lot of collectors than the Night Force exclusive colors. Also, convention sets are very limited, a lot of us don't have those guys at all and I would love to see them made in the near future. There is much more demand for these than there was for another Shipwreck in TF colors.

The time might be right for the Club to offer some additional products in their store, not just the FSS. Think about it. 50th anniversary,
no product to buy at retail, success of recent convention sets and membership figures. People want to buy GI Joe, if the club had some more product available at a slightly lower price point, a lot of people might join the club and start buying because they can't get stuff at stores. A small wave of repaint figures would be an easy way for the club to test it out and see what the demand is. Offering loose figures instead of carded would also keep the price (and shipping) lower.

I am definitely on board with both these ideas. Might be something to kick around the office at the club....

manolive@hotmail.com
02-07-2014, 01:09 PM

I'm down too. I'd love to pick up a few Desert Scorpion or Nano BATs loose for like $15 each. Not to mention any other modern figure they've done recently in a loose repaint. Say...Dial Tone? 2-3 repaints you could do of him.

justin@generalsjoes.com
02-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Hello everyone, I don't know about you guys and galls.
But the puny arms on Roadpig & Roadblock, are pissing me off!!!
These guys have massive arms, they really need to fix this!
If we start complaining they might do some thing about it.
Lets band together if you agree.

Really? I never had a big problem with their arms...

wileyphoto@hotmail.com
02-10-2014, 12:33 PM
I've mentioned in another thread no troop builders. Too expensive and not worth the time or money. Unless it is done (as previously mentioned) lower price point non card. Then maybe then...

BTW when would the FSS 3 Start? Can't remember when it did last year.

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
02-10-2014, 01:09 PM
I think the registration period was in Late April or May. I'm thinking then because My bank was acquired prior to then and the transition was in MArch and I was traveling during that whole time and didn't get my new bank card until after registration closed. (A friend of mine had to help me out for a little bit)

wileyphoto@hotmail.com
02-10-2014, 01:16 PM
I think the registration period was in Late April or May. I'm thinking then because My bank was acquired prior to then and the transition was in MArch and I was traveling during that whole time and didn't get my new bank card until after registration closed. (A friend of mine had to help me out for a little bit)

Thanks that gives me a little time to stack up.

steve.2477@hotmail.com
02-11-2014, 01:15 PM

You are right, if Hasbro don't show much for retail at Toyfair, then the Club has been handed a great opportunity, this is the first time I have ever been a member of the Club. But I have been buying the figures I missed from the Club in the past, Dial Tone, MB2 Leatherneck, Footloose, Iceberg, Toll Booth, Covergirl, Big Boa, Psyche Out, Dice, Topside, Cesspool, etc. They have filled in a lot of gaps that Hasbro are just too slow in doing. Everytime the Club released one of these characters it has been perfect. Most of Hasbro's figures of ARAH figures need some tweeking, but the Club's figures need none.

I wont buy Repeater, Muskrat, Charbroil or Spearhead cause I just prefer these Joes in 1988 colours, Psyche Out I bought just to fill in a gap. But I still also want him in 1987 colours.

Even Hasbro's Renegades/30th Law and Order is an easy repaint to get a 1987 homage. Like you say its the perfect time for the Club to jump in.

morgardee@hotmail.com
03-04-2014, 06:26 PM
I'd like to see some of the club figures that were in high demand get the Tiger Force or Python Patrol treatment.

Tiger Forge Dial Tone would be a nice addition. Python Patrol Big Boa would be cool as well.

ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET
03-08-2014, 01:52 PM
A continuation of the 30th Anny and Pursuit of Cobra lines would be welcome. Especially the POC line, that was just amazing and seeing figures along that line of detail and packaging would be fantastic. Although I'd sure like to see a Renegades Roadblock!

Drex2552@yahoo.com
03-10-2014, 06:41 AM
it wood be nice to see the following 1984 tan clutch,1984 thunder,1985 frostbite,1985 tripwire,1986 fridge, i wood like to get my hands on 1986 special mission brazil set.

kelty11@verizon.net
03-10-2014, 10:01 AM
I know these characters are ridiculous, but I for one would love to see more 1989-93 characters: Capt. GridIron, Pathfinder, Salvo, FreeFall, Skydive, Bullhorn, Laser Viper, Night Creeper, '89 Stalker with kayak, Scoop, Metal Head, Stretcher, '89 Deep Six, HEAT Viper, Big Ben, Red Star, '91 General Hawk, Barricade, '92 Gung Ho, Bullet Proof, Slice, Nunchuk, that crazy '93 Mindbender, Bushido, etc. There were some great figures from that era that are all, buy ignored by fandom.

jimsnow70@aol.com
03-10-2014, 05:14 PM
A continuation of the 30th Anny and Pursuit of Cobra lines would be welcome. Especially the POC line, that was just amazing and seeing figures along that line of detail and packaging would be fantastic. Although I'd sure like to see a Renegades Roadblock!

I can roll with this idea. Especially about making a Renegades Roadblock.

nx-74205@hotmail.com
03-19-2014, 05:17 AM
As long as we get an FSS 3 I'm in...

On a side note, I'm surprised that WWE can hold the rights to the characterization of a man playing a spoof of a DI. After all isn't Mr Remus' character just an overdone USMC Gunnery Sergeant? Too Bad Hasbro legal can't just make a "Gunny" character.

funpubincadmin
03-19-2014, 10:17 AM
FSS 3.0 will be announced at GIJoeCon this April. Please use the FSS Suggestions thread in the Club Member Discussion section for future figure requests and input.

pyro671402@comcast.net
03-21-2014, 10:23 AM

I can't say exactly, but I believe both Piper and Slaughter were able to be done due to a gap in their licensing deals, one that has since been filled. The Club and/or Hasbro jumped at the opportunity to do it while they could, and it is unlikely there will be another chance for either.

brian@funpubinc.com
03-22-2014, 06:03 PM
There will be some announcements at the Con! See you in Dallas!

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
03-22-2014, 07:50 PM
Will the announcements at the con be revealed on this site during con or after?

jasisson@msn.com
04-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Will the announcements at the con be revealed on this site during con or after?

Last year, during the Club panel, they announced FSS 2.0 - released a couple of pictures (Skull buster & someone) and then they gave the names of the 12 figures included. I suspect (hope) that it will be similar this year - so expect the internet to blow up next Saturday about 4:00! (I think the Club panel is 3:00-4:00)

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
04-09-2014, 09:10 AM
To get this thread back on track, a FSS done in the style of OreoBuilder's 50th Anniversary GI Joe project (http://oreobuildersblog.blogspot.com/2014_01_01_archive.html).

Here's a few more links: http://oreobuildersblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/50th-anniversary-day-28-fate-of-trouble.html

http://oreobuildersblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/50th-anniversary-day-25-desert-patrol.html

http://oreobuildersblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/50th-anniversary-day-16-secret-mission.html

http://oreobuildersblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/50th-anniversary-day-11-action-pilot.html

http://oreobuildersblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/50th-anniversary-day-8-action-marine.html

http://oreobuildersblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/50th-anniversary-day-5-action-sailor.html

http://oreobuildersblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/50th-anniversary-day-2-military-police.html

OK, I guess it turned out to be several more links.

My reasoning behind this is, it's the 50th Anniversary of GI Joe, and Hasbro is doing nothing. Let's not let the Club follow their example. Let's celebrat the 50th Anniversary of GI Joe any way we can.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
04-09-2014, 05:02 PM

Those are so cool! That would have been an awesome way to commemorate Joe's 50th.
Maybe changing gears and doing Joe at retail as the adventure team 3 3/4" and letting ARAH cool for a few years might be a good way to spark interest in the franchise again?

kwo_bubba@hotmail.com
04-09-2014, 06:15 PM
Please let there be Raptor and Crystal Ball. Repaint wishes are:
Pysche Out V1 colors
Muskrat V1 colors
DOCI Alley Viper in v2 yellow colors

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
04-09-2014, 07:23 PM
Please let there be Raptor and Crystal Ball. Repaint wishes are:
Pysche Out V1 colors
Muskrat V1 colors
DOCI Alley Viper in v2 yellow colors

Yes to all of those. That v2 yellow Alley Viper was one of my favorite Cobra troops in the 90s. While we are at it, I really want Repeater and Spearhead in v1 colors too. Maybe not all in the same year, but it makes sense for the Club to do these after they made all those new heads.

To get this thread back on track, a FSS done in the style of OreoBuilder's 50th Anniversary GI Joe project (http://oreobuildersblog.blogspot.com/2014_01_01_archive.html).

Here's a few more links: http://oreobuildersblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/50th-anniversary-day-28-fate-of-trouble.html

http://oreobuildersblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/50th-anniversary-day-25-desert-patrol.html

http://oreobuildersblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/50th-anniversary-day-16-secret-mission.html

http://oreobuildersblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/50th-anniversary-day-11-action-pilot.html

http://oreobuildersblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/50th-anniversary-day-8-action-marine.html

http://oreobuildersblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/50th-anniversary-day-5-action-sailor.html

http://oreobuildersblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/50th-anniversary-day-2-military-police.html

My reasoning behind this is, it's the 50th Anniversary of GI Joe, and Hasbro is doing nothing. Let's not let the Club follow their example. Let's celebrat the 50th Anniversary of GI Joe any way we can.

I've promoted Oreo's work here a couple of times, it's awesome. The Hasbro designers could take a few tips from him. Look a little further back and check out Battle Corps month last July. (I know some people hate the 90s, but there are some great figures that could be made there.)

allewebay@earthlink.net
04-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Oh wow the just announced FSS 3.0 lineup is awesome (even if a little Joecon 2013 repaint heavy - I don't mind at all since I prefer original colors rather than NF)

Alpine v2 - the only one I don't really care for since I have the original
Bombstrike - yes!
Psyche Out - yes!
Repeater - yes!
Hit & Run - yes!
Muskrat - yes!
Spearhead - yes! (hmm no mention of Max the bobcat?)
Big Ben - yes!
Crimson Guard Immortal - oh hell yes!
Slice - yes!
Night Creeper Leader -yes!
Vypra - it'll be good to see the Jinx mold again.

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
04-12-2014, 07:31 PM
I'm sure Max is with him. BUT this one has a First Rate draw in my opinion. LAst time around there was really only one figure that interested in. THis time 8-10 Figures. BEing able to get the last of the Stall siblings, Slice, and the vintage v1 colors of the 2013 COn Joes as well as BIG ben and maybe a Crimson Guard Immortal. I'm ready to sign up here and now.

Oh wow the just announced FSS 3.0 lineup is awesome (even if a little Joecon 2013 repaint heavy - I don't mind at all since I prefer original colors rather than NF)

Alpine v2 - the only one I don't really care for since I have the original
Bombstrike - yes!
Psyche Out - yes!
Repeater - yes!
Hit & Run - yes!
Muskrat - yes!
Spearhead - yes! (hmm no mention of Max the bobcat?)
Big Ben - yes!
Crimson Guard Immortal - oh hell yes!
Slice - yes!
Night Creeper Leader -yes!
Vypra - it'll be good to see the Jinx mold again.

sm.bigkid.28@gmail.com
04-12-2014, 07:55 PM
I've picked up both the previous sets, this one looks to be the best though. So glad to finally be getting Slice and it looks like the club has been paying attention to what many of us have been asking for on the threads. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the mystery figure though, the Black Out figure was for the first one and made sense, wasn't too thrilled about the Grand Slam as the 13th figure for this set, I was hoping for a Red Star or Gen. Flagg. They need to get the final one for this set right to cap of what looks to be a very impressive set.

firechief420@gmail.com
04-12-2014, 11:49 PM
Most of the characters have me interested this time around so it may be my first subscription. What's Vypra's story again (other than being a driver)? Slice and Dice never really interested me since Hasbro already gave us all the parts. NCL I'm not super interested in unless he turns out really good. No toon version! Big Ben is a great choice. I just wish they'd get around to some more figures from that era sooner rather than later. I'm assuming that the CGI is the concept case version. I wonder how close to her original version Bombstrike will be with the limited choice of female sculpts to chose from. It's not like either of her brothers were really on-model. And of course all the Nocturnal Fire figures in their original colors are highly anticipated.

sm.bigkid.28@gmail.com
04-13-2014, 12:34 AM
judging by the preview image I'm guessing it's the first version of Vypra. Rattler 4WD driver and martial artist.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
04-13-2014, 08:52 AM
My initial thoughts on the lineup (number in parentheses is where that character ranked in my count of the FSS requests on the Club Forum)

Alpine v2 (#213 - 1 vote) - This is the big question mark of the set for me. Not a lot of requests for Alpine, but I guess they did it for the people who couldn't get one of the 25th DVD pack Alpines. It also seems like they got the Kwinn tooling and said "Who else can we make with shorts?" Could still be an interesting figure and if I looks cool enough, I might keep it and call him Sgt. Boulder from Sigma 6.

Big Ben (#50 - 5 votes) - Not a top vote getter, but I love the idea. Should be a cool figure with the new head. I am hoping he gets a black stand since he was a vintage Joe member and not one of the silver international stands. I like all stands black. (side note - please sell black stands instead of clear in the Club store.)

Bombstrike (#7 - 15 votes) - Awesome. Love it. Can't wait to see the new head and what parts they choose.

Psyche Out (#42 - 6 votes) Repeater (#20 - 9 votes) Muskrat (#14 - 10 votes) Spearhead (#20 - 9 votes) Hit & Run (NA - no votes) - Surprised all these guys are in at once, but I love them and they were all requested pretty well, except for Hit & Run. I think they can make some minor improvements from their NF set, but if they stick close to that formula these should all be great figures.

Crimson Guard Immortal (#110 - 2 votes) - There's always 1 troop builder, like it or not. This choice surprised me, but could be cool. I thought maybe this spot would be Laser Viper or TARGAT

Slice (#20 - 9 votes) - I was expecting this last time, but glad Dice finally gets his buddy in round 3. Pleasantly surprised they are making a new head when they could have just used the mask from Ret. Red Ninja.

Night Creeper Leader (#101 - 2 votes) - Another odd choice. Another Cobra ninja? And only 2 votes. Hope it's well done and I hope we get a couple Joe ninjas next time (cough Nunchuk cough cough Dojo).

Vypra (#72 - 3 votes) - Wait, another Cobra ninja? Or vehicle driver? Or ... I don't really know what Vypra is supposed to be. At least they are giving us another female, and the Jinx tooling is pretty good and not overused yet.

13th Mystery figure - They said this time it would be someone we don't want to miss out on. If that's true I'm gonna guess Billy, Frostbite, or Crystal Ball.

Overall great lineup. Maybe the best FSS yet in my opinion (have to wait and see how some figures turn out). For the most part it seems the Club listened to what most fans wanted: more Joes, more ARAH, more females. They didn't go with the straight top 12 list of figures, so there are still some great ones to make next time, but most of these characters should fit into our collections nicely.

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
04-13-2014, 08:20 PM
Sounds like a pretty good line up. Surprised at all the repaints, but understand due to a lot of the fans asking for the original colors. Actually thrilled about Hit & Run as I didn't get him from the AOCI set, and he's a concept case version. Other than Alpine (have to see a picture of him before I can really pass judgement) the rest are pretty cool. Guessing Billy for the 13th.

ryan13771377@hotmail.com
04-14-2014, 01:26 AM
Can't wait to sign up again. Was looking into NF set but since five out of 15 are in the list why bother lol.Hoping that since so many of the concept figs are being released in some fashion or another that the 13th will be Gung ho.

Did anyone catch when the sign up was gonna start this year?

kelty11@verizon.net
04-14-2014, 08:21 AM
I'm happy that the club is releasing some of the NF figures in their original colors. I think that the Alpine figure should have been the 1985 version since the club was seemingly trying to complete the 1985-86 run of figures. Vypra should have been a con exclusive because she is not really an essential character. I'm glad that the 1991 series is getting some more representation in CG Immortal and Big Ben.

This is a side comment: can the club release carded versions of some of the great con figures from last few years: Frag- Viper, Annihilator (maybe with a different head), SAW- Viper, Voltar, Tjbang from this year? These figures, especially the cobra troop builders, are essential characters that the majority of collectors will not be able to afford. I don't believe it would undervalue the Con figures because these would be carded versions similar to what the club has done in recent years with the 3.75 membership figures. These could be limited bonus membership incentives.

wileyphoto@hotmail.com
04-14-2014, 09:31 AM
This is a side comment: can the club release carded versions of some of the great con figures from last few years: Frag- Viper, Annihilator (maybe with a different head), SAW- Viper, Voltar, Tjbang from this year? These figures, especially the cobra troop builders, are essential characters that the majority of collectors will not be able to afford. I don't believe it would undervalue the Con figures because these would be carded versions similar to what the club has done in recent years with the 3.75 membership figures. These could be limited bonus membership incentives.

Totaly agree with this. I would even say if they have to with different colors...I don't know. The club has so much potential with figures they have already released. You think if they release a carded version it wouldn't deminish anything because (and I assume) members that bought the set would buy these as well. I think that is one of the only problems with club exclusives-troop builders. The club would make a ton more money if they would allow for multiple troop builders. Maybe even have it set up to where you can pre-order.

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
04-14-2014, 09:33 AM
I love the line up for FSS 3.0. But really wanna see Crystal Ball or Raptor in the next one.

kelty11@verizon.net
04-14-2014, 09:46 AM
Totaly agree with this. I would even say if they have to with different colors...I don't know. The club has so much potential with figures they have already released. You think if they release a carded version it wouldn't deminish anything because (and I assume) members that bought the set would buy these as well. I think that is one of the only problems with club exclusives-troop builders. The club would make a ton more money if they would allow for multiple troop builders. Maybe even have it set up to where you can pre-order.

I don't want to criticize the convention sets. They are great but the recent sets are filled with figures that all Joe fanatics want. However, many people are not able to attend the convention. I don't want reissues of Freestyle (although can you imagine a club X-19 with a Freestyle repaint and Ghostrider, now that would be an impressive membership offering)or NF Steeler or Repulsor because those are truly unique figures which deserve to remain as convention souvenirs. You can easily buy a Frag- Viper online for $40 which is similar to the FSS pricing, but the 2012 Annihilators go for over $200, if you can find them. I think some of the con sets from earlier in this decade (wow! statement makes me feel old) were more innovative as they contained unique repaints and interesting concepts rather than essential characters.

wileyphoto@hotmail.com
04-14-2014, 09:50 AM
As for FSS3. I am loving it. I have only been able to get a few of the Night Force figures so this not only allows for us to get originals colors but for those that did not get NF they can still get those awesome figs. I'm surprised at so many not liking the idea of these particular repaints. The mess last year with Bombardier and his brother Grand Slam ;-) is totaly different. These are guys people actually asked for.
As for Alpine I like it. I didn't even know about this version untill this last year or so. There has to be someone different in there and I feel like he and Vypra fill that up.
13th-I guess I'm one of the few that don't want Crystal Ball or Raptor. I never liked them as a kid and still don't. I understand them, kinda but no. If they were in an FSS ok fine they would be the 1 or 2 I don't like. My thought is Billy or Frostbite. They have the tooling for both. But then we were ALL wrong on the last 13th. haha
Heres to FSS 3

wileyphoto@hotmail.com
04-14-2014, 10:13 AM
I don't want to criticize the convention sets. They are great but the recent sets are filled with figures that all Joe fanatics want. However, many people are not able to attend the convention. I don't want reissues of Freestyle (although can you imagine a club X-19 with a Freestyle repaint and Ghostrider, now that would be an impressive membership offering)or NF Steeler or Repulsor because those are truly unique figures which deserve to remain as convention souvenirs. You can easily buy a Frag- Viper online for $40 which is similar to the FSS pricing, but the 2012 Annihilators go for over $200, if you can find them. I think some of the con sets from earlier in this decade (wow! statement makes me feel old) were more innovative as they contained unique repaints and interesting concepts rather than essential characters.

An X-19 w Freestyle would be awesome. And you are right, Exclusives should be for an exclusive. Something we may want but not multilples of. Annihilators-getting one, yeah right ha.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
04-14-2014, 05:42 PM
I think that the Alpine figure should have been the 1985 version since the club was seemingly trying to complete the 1985-86 run of figures.

Do you mean this version? http://www.yojoe.com/action/08/alpine5.shtml

I'll admit it was pretty hard to find during the 25th anniversary days and now they are super expensive if you see one on eBay (paid more for mine than any other figure I own), but that Alpine has been made to complete 1985. I am sure the Club was trying to give people an Alpine figure without remaking the one already done by Hasbro.

manolive@hotmail.com
04-14-2014, 10:26 PM
Hey, I'm with you Seabreeze. If I never see Crystal Ball or Raptor again I'll be just fine.

So the only minor issues I have are: Alpine, I would like one, but not really the v2. Although I fully agree with jfaria, it'll be Kwinn with dark skin. Not a big deal, I'm sure he'll be fine. Slice, I already used Retaliation parts to make one. But that's cool. I know guys that have a nice collection of 25th style carded and this will be a welcome addition. I get it.

Ok, so I've been thinking about the 13th. They said a big name. And after looking around a bit at guys "I" need to complete modern sets I'm throwing out these 2 names:

Footloose(Slaughter's Marauders)
Metal Head

davide.romanello@gmail.com
04-15-2014, 06:56 AM
Big Deal for the figures now I miss: Bombstrike, CG immortal, Alpine (I prefered a V1 :( ), Slice, Big Ben, Night Creeper leader, Vypra (hope to have a not hooded spare head) and probably the 13th mystery (very hard it could be wrost than GS).

Slighty dissapointed for the 5 night forced, but I hope accessories could make the difference.

kelty11@verizon.net
04-15-2014, 08:32 AM
Do you mean this version? http://www.yojoe.com/action/08/alpine5.shtml

I'll admit it was pretty hard to find during the 25th anniversary days and now they are super expensive if you see one on eBay (paid more for mine than any other figure I own), but that Alpine has been made to complete 1985. I am sure the Club was trying to give people an Alpine figure without remaking the one already done by Hasbro.

That is the one I was writing about. Maybe the club could have updated the figure so as not to affect the value of the original. Don't get me wrong, the second version was an interesting figure but the colors were always a little odd. In my opinion, for all intents and purposes, that figure does not functionally exist. I and many collectors I know never saw that pack anywhere (TRU, Target, Wal- Mart, KMart, even local hobby stores never received this set regardless of the fact that they had ordered it through their distributor.

alpinechadb@gmail.com
04-15-2014, 12:09 PM
When will it be available?

funpubincadmin
04-15-2014, 01:13 PM
The FSS 3.0 project is a work-in-progress and will be announced when mock-up figures are ready to showcase with the pre-order announcement.

Drex2552@yahoo.com
04-15-2014, 01:21 PM
To make everyboby happy you make one form every year . And for the 15 set honor the heroes form the classic g.i.joe comics 1 - 155 the one that died.

justin@generalsjoes.com
04-16-2014, 07:36 AM
I am absolutely thrilled with the line up for FSS 3.0.

I'm not sure why so many folks are complaining about the Night Force characters, because there sure were a lot of people asking for regular re-deco's of most of those characters...and the Club promised that they would be changing some stuff up as well, so we're not just getting straight repaints. Heck, Muskrat will have his swamp skimmer! That rocks, too.

Obviously Hit & Run makes me very excited, as does Bombstrike and Vypra... I dig Repeater and Muskrat big time, too. Big Ben will be a nice addition, and Night Creeper Leader?! SOLD.

That doesn't even talk about Crimson Guard Immortal. Loving this. Sounds like home run after home run to me.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
04-16-2014, 08:07 AM
I don't think it's a lot of people complaining; I think it is a few people complaining a lot. These repaints were asked for a lot (I did the math). Maybe they weren't at the top of the list, but I am still confident we will get Crystal Ball, Fast Draw, Frostbite, and others someday, probably when the Club can afford to make new parts for them.

meanmugginloco@yahoo.com
04-16-2014, 09:04 AM
I'm a little miffed with the inclusion of 5 characters from the 2013 set in one FSS but I also understand that if it was 5 other characters people reeeeally wanted, the FSS wouldn't be around for too long. The Club has to space out some of the sought after characters.. I just wish that they spaced out the repaints of the 2013 con set guys over a few FSSs. At least Hit And Run is the concept case release.

Was hoping we'd see some of the international Eco Warrior stuff in FSS 3, ah well, maybe down the road.

gijoeguru@yahoo.com
04-16-2014, 10:16 AM
I'm just hoping a MetalHead will show up as #13. That would be FANTASTIC!! Anyways I'm stoked about the FSS3.0. Good Job Club!

dwhernandez72@gmail.com
04-16-2014, 12:41 PM
Although I would have preferred the Night Force repaints sprinkled across two FSSes, I am happy with the lineup. I would have preferred at least 1 international and 1 sub-team member.

Love the FSS...hopefully this will be an annual deal. Can't wait to see what the 13th figure will be!!!

jim_filo@yahoo.com
04-16-2014, 04:08 PM
This will be a good line :)

I'm actually looking forward to every figure.

greggorypaul.adams@gmail.com
04-20-2014, 11:35 AM
Can we get Night Force Crazylegs next time?

Boy someone got their Christmas Wish! Lol. FireChief420, can I give you a list of figures to suggest? Maybe it will come true!

04-20-2014, 12:40 PM

Wow... Simply amazing.

04-20-2014, 02:50 PM
13th-I guess I'm one of the few that don't want Crystal Ball or Raptor. I never liked them as a kid and still don't. I understand them, kinda but no. If they were in an FSS ok fine they would be the 1 or 2 I don't like. My thought is Billy or Frostbite. They have the tooling for both. But then we were ALL wrong on the last 13th. haha
Heres to FSS 3

Amen. I hope it's not Raptor or Crystal Ball either...

manolive@hotmail.com
04-20-2014, 04:10 PM
Was hoping we'd see some of the international Eco Warrior stuff in FSS 3, ah well, maybe down the road.

You and me both. Instead of Ice Storm in the Rescue set I was really hoping to see Biologico. (http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/br-biologico.shtml) Oh well, maybe next FSS. :rolleyes:

seanmjordan@gmail.com
04-22-2014, 09:42 AM
FSS 3 sounds incredible - great lineup and I for one am really happy to get "original" versions of Spearhead, Repeater, Psyche-Out, etc.

Looking forward to seeing the mockups and signing up.

PS - Is Arctic Mindbender a hint at a certain Himalayan-based clan of snake people??? Cobra La is LONG OVERDUE. :)

scdenny74@hotmail.com
04-23-2014, 01:11 PM
PS - Is Arctic Mindbender a hint at a certain Himalayan-based clan of snake people??? Cobra La is LONG OVERDUE. :)[/QUOTE]

So- first time on this board- wanted to say a big thank you to the club for putting out a great line up with the FSS 3.0- I didnt sign up for the first two- but I will be for the third.

I am betting with Mindbender showing up that all the rest from that movie will be showing up soon too...

jspann79@hotmail.com
04-23-2014, 05:23 PM
I have been hoping for Spike, sparkplug, daniel, and chip in wheelchair. To go with my masterpiece tfs. Also maybe the Wiper from the viper is coming episode of the gijoe cartoon. Maybe ssssnake as well since this was the tf crossover year.

8bitgeekpro@gmail.com
04-24-2014, 04:30 AM
it would be nice to get a new big lob with a re-sculpted head this time with a bigger afro and a bit taller....

ddreg001@yahoo.com
04-24-2014, 08:14 PM
:confused:Guys, I am a longtime fan of G.I.Joe's, but new to this service. When a new FSS goes up, is it limited and does registration disappear quickly? I certainly don't want to miss out.

manolive@hotmail.com
04-24-2014, 08:29 PM
The quantity is not limited, but the time is. They usually give you 2-3 weeks once it's open. But you'll have to have money up front. So about $370 for the 1-Time payment or about $125 if you're doing the 3-Payment plan. Those are educated guesses. The price is probably going to increase. Always does. :cool:

wileyphoto@hotmail.com
05-09-2014, 07:56 AM
Although I am so broke from Kickstarter I sure would love to know when the FSS3 will need their money so I can know how long I have to get money together. Right now the longer the better.

Stormshadow169@aol.com
05-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Although I am so broke from Kickstarter I sure would love to know when the FSS3 will need their money so I can know how long I have to get money together. Right now the longer the better.
I agree, the sooner they tell me when and how much...The more I can save. I wanted two subs last time but had no time to save up for it. This time I'd like a little more heads up. And kudos on the line up. Could do without vypra and the "mustard and ketchup" mountain man (p.s. This is where everyone else chimes in so the club changes color scheme), but crimson guard immortal makes up for all of it. And the mystery figure seriously needs to be very vintage(I.e quickdraw, sneak peek, or cartoon accurate wet suit with removable helmet and extra head without cowl.).

gi_eddo@yahoo.com
05-23-2014, 06:15 PM
I like all of the announced figures this time around, but hope the 13th figure is something I'll actually care about. The last two have been very bland and anticlimactic. I would really like to know when they will go up for preorder though, and how much it will be this time, as I assume the price will have gone up again.

manolive@hotmail.com
05-24-2014, 10:44 PM
In the "Brian's Intel" section of this month's newsletter he said "...end of May". But since there's only 4 more business days left and we've not seen the pictures yet, I'm guessing that's probably not going to happen. So I'd imagine we've only got a couple more weeks to make those blood donations and raise those funds. :D

ddreg001@yahoo.com
05-28-2014, 09:11 PM
So, are we are sent an email when the FSS has begun? Then that's our time time to jump on registration?

manolive@hotmail.com
05-28-2014, 09:51 PM
It's very much like Joe Con Registration. They'll reveal pictures of the figures over a week or two and then you'll get a couple weeks to sign up. The only thing that makes it different from Joe Con is there is not a limited number, just a limited time.

And yes, there'll probably be a few emails about it :D

zephin77@yahoo.com
05-28-2014, 10:21 PM
So is there any word on when we will see the first mockups of these figures?

jim_filo@yahoo.com
06-04-2014, 08:15 AM
Hi All :)

It's most-likely in the description, but I will ask anyway:

Do we get billed right when we sign up for the FSS 3.0 or does the money get taken out of our account when the first figure ships?

Thank you All :)

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
06-04-2014, 08:47 AM
you get billed right away. for installment orders the 2nd payment is between the 2nd and 3rd shipments and the last between the 4th and 5th shipments.

jim_filo@yahoo.com
06-04-2014, 08:57 AM
Okay :) Thank you :)

technostingray@yahoo.com
06-07-2014, 02:40 PM
Hi!
I'm new here and I have a question. I signed up for the FSS and printed out my invoice like it said and I have a invoice number. When I go into the store it only shows my normal Club membership and I received an e-mail for that but not for the FSS.
I paid the one time fee and I was wondering if I will receive a e-mail and if it will show up in the store when the first figures ship.

Thank you all very much.

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
06-07-2014, 03:49 PM
IF on the front page you click on FS 3.0 and go to the bottom it should say My account if you click that and log in it will show your FS invoice number and the shipping docment numbers for the one time fee there should be 6 shipping documents.

technostingray@yahoo.com
06-07-2014, 06:33 PM
IF on the front page you click on FS 3.0 and go to the bottom it should say My account if you click that and log in it will show your FS invoice number and the shipping docment numbers for the one time fee there should be 6 shipping documents.
I found it. Thank you very much for your help!

boostergold5@gmail.com
06-30-2015, 01:28 PM
I can't say exactly, but I believe both Piper and Slaughter were able to be done due to a gap in their licensing deals, one that has since been filled. The Club and/or Hasbro jumped at the opportunity to do it while they could, and it is unlikely there will be another chance for either.

They did it because the sarge was available to sign at the cons and they wouldnt bother again unless they had him doing a con appearance to sign them. Thats why. Its not because they couldnt, they have a Kreo SDCC set now so obviously its not because the sgt slaughter license is unavailable.

After the debacle at SDCC where the sgt slaughter figures were in high demand the licensing executive from Hasbro specifically said two things:
1) we will have more than enough supply of next years figure (and they did not)
2) we will make more sgt slaughter figs to help people who missed it (and they did not)

kelty11@verizon.net
06-30-2015, 02:08 PM
Interesting. And we are still waiting for those extra Sgt. Slaughter figures.

rjhiii@sover.net
06-30-2015, 04:43 PM
Well they will say "we are giving more Slaughter. See you can have a cheap LEGO knockoff KREO figure"

funpubincadmin
06-30-2015, 06:28 PM
Since all recent posts are completely Off Topic to the original discussion of FSS 3.0, this thread is now closed.

Please create or use an existing SDCC thread if you wish to further discuss current or past product releases from the annual event.