PDA

View Full Version : January 2017 Update

GIJCC_Staff
01-06-2017, 03:38 PM
Happy New Year,

The FSS 5 container has arrived and your items are scheduled to depart for your house next week. Please give them 2 weeks to get to you.

I sent an email to all subscribers about the installment billing dates which are Feb 15 and April 19.

We are still planning on starting convention registration this month.

Hints...hints... you want hints... hmmm...

12" set This Joe will have two chances at battling and exploring the roots and vines...

3 3/4" set: These Joes will have to battle Cobra's cold calculating troopers waiting to trap them...

The cross over products will start shipping next week as well but.. .it will take 10-12 days to get them all out. They will depart in the sequence they were ordered.

wilsongj2002@hotmail.com
01-06-2017, 04:32 PM
Will I haven't seen an email on this and I ordered the set and now I can't log into FSS 5.0 either. Concerned there's been a problem with my order? Has anyone else seen the email mentioned above?

gjwermund@gmail.com
01-06-2017, 10:17 PM
I am still awaiting the email and can't log in. But I have bank statements and purchase orders

rjhiii@sover.net
01-07-2017, 09:44 AM
I got the email

felipemonaco@gmail.com
01-07-2017, 11:12 AM
I'm anxious to know what will be the 2017 12" membership figure. I'm just waiting for it to renew my membership, is there any news comming soon??

gjwermund@gmail.com
01-07-2017, 11:51 AM
Does anyone know why the fss link won't let people log in?

kelty11@verizon.net
01-07-2017, 12:29 PM
3 3/4" set: These Joes will have to battle Cobra's cold calculating troopers waiting to trap them...

Hmm... cold? Maybe an arctic set?

Too much at once. Why not wait for convention registration until March? That would put it between the FSS payments.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
01-07-2017, 12:55 PM
I really, really hope it's Cold Slither versions of the Dreadnoks.

ozcouple@live.com
01-08-2017, 12:45 AM
Anything but arctic. Please...

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
01-08-2017, 07:44 PM
We've gotten cold figures based on the movie

manolive@hotmail.com
01-09-2017, 12:28 PM
I think you guys are focusing on the wrong part of the clue. I think "calculating" is the hint. I'm betting we get a set of accountants! It'll be Crimson Guards in business suits with laptops.

Or maybe robuts.

axonrey@gmail.com
01-09-2017, 12:53 PM
And they'll "trap" the Joes with lengthy and confusing tax codes.

ATBotts78@gmail.com
01-09-2017, 02:13 PM
If the Con Set is recycled joe and Cobras in arctic gear, what does that mean for FSS 6.0

j_yoders@hotmail.com
01-09-2017, 02:35 PM
If it's Crimson Guard in civilian clothes and EE operatives that would actually be really cool. Maybe the attorneys who T and X employed to get Cobra Island recognized as a sovereign state? Or Fred VII and VIII and Tomax in their business suits.

wilsongj2002@hotmail.com
01-09-2017, 03:21 PM
Ok so what about Cold Slither? http://gijoe.wikia.com/wiki/Cold_Slither

ATBotts78@gmail.com
01-09-2017, 09:28 PM
I actually would not hate that idea, especially if it came with a well crafted corporate espionage convention comic!

manolive@hotmail.com
01-10-2017, 11:39 AM
That would be fun! And in the other side it's Snake Eyes and Shipwreck in their crazy backup band gear with Lady Jaye, Scarlett and Cover Girl dressed as groupies lol.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
01-10-2017, 04:28 PM
If it's really Cold Slither would it just be metal versions of Zartan (maybe with some elements of Ninja Force Zartan?), Buzzer, Ripper and Torch? Why not go "whole hog" and add metal versions of Road Pig (SECURITY tight black shirt), Gnawgahyde (black leather) and Monkeywrench, too? Monkeywrench already has the duster.

Remember, there's already a Zarana Cold Slither groupie outfit from the SDCC releases.

Rguthei1@twcny.rr.com
01-10-2017, 05:42 PM
Mind you Zarana is as pricey as anything. While I'd love to have her in my collection not likely to happen

axonrey@gmail.com
01-10-2017, 06:12 PM
But when can we stop speculating and get some reveals?

ATBotts78@gmail.com
01-10-2017, 06:37 PM
20 days more at the latest until the reveal

manolive@hotmail.com
01-10-2017, 10:20 PM
For Cloaked Raven's sake I'm going to shift the focus to the 12" stuff.

Sounds like we're getting a GI Joe video game crossover! I'm betting on a Pitfall! figure!

http://www.retrogamingedge.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/pitfall.jpg

russthecobra@yahoo.com
01-10-2017, 11:04 PM
The link for FSS 5.0 Log-in on the Gijoe club home page is working for me. Once you sign in you will get a message saying the subscription period has ended. From there you need to click on the link at the bottom in the black ribbon "My Account" to see your invoice and email.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
01-10-2017, 11:20 PM
I can dig it, Geek. :D

GIJCC_Staff
01-11-2017, 03:21 PM
Does anyone know why the fss link won't let people log in?

FYI... it lets me log in. The only thing you will see after you log in is the "it's closed" statement but what you want is the bottom left corner which is the link to your info to change addresses or CC#.

GIJCC_Staff
01-11-2017, 03:31 PM
More hints... hmmm.

3 3/4": Cobra's chilling new plot is a force to be reckon with! You are going to really have to research this one.

12": I've fought there and I've worked there..I find it gets overgrown very quickly.

ATBotts78@gmail.com
01-11-2017, 04:44 PM
Oh man, Hint #2 (3 3/4") "Force," to reckon with?
Hint #1 Joes will "Battle,..."
Please dear God let it be taken literally. Battle and Force = Battle Force? There will be no end to my excitement if it can be taken literally at face value clues.
I might get "Viva Le Fun Pub Inc," tattooed on my chest!!!!

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
01-11-2017, 05:23 PM
"Cold, calculating troops" and "chilling plot" sure sounds like a team of Arctic cobras. Could be Battle Force for the Joes. It fits the research clue too, since they tested experimental weapons/vehicles. If it is BF2K vs Arctic Cobras in the main set, I'd be okay with that, but if some highly requested Arctic Joes (like Blizzard) end up as very limited convention exclusives (like Freefall last year) I will be very disappointed with that.

jchayes01@yahoo.com
01-11-2017, 06:14 PM
So, the 12" set is jungle themed......SWEET!!

fostereben@gmail.com
01-11-2017, 06:39 PM
More hints... hmmm.

3 3/4": Cobra's chilling new plot is a force to be reckon with! You are going to really have to research this one.

12": I've fought there and I've worked there..I find it gets overgrown very quickly.

My guess for the 3 3/4 inch set BF2000 vs Overkill & BATS. My guess for the 12" set is Mouth of Doom Jungle Explorer.

I have no idea but these are my guesses.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
01-11-2017, 07:53 PM
12" Set, Abandoned Botanical Gardens?

12" Figure?????????

wilsongj2002@hotmail.com
01-12-2017, 02:02 AM
3 3/4 based on cobra world order?

rjhiii@sover.net
01-12-2017, 08:53 AM
Battle Force 2000
Maybe Overlord as in charge, Overkill, Hotwire, Bats V2
Comic ties in with Arctic Mindbender

j_yoders@hotmail.com
01-12-2017, 08:55 AM
Sounding more like Arctic cobras.

rjhiii@sover.net
01-12-2017, 09:08 AM
Cobra Arctic base developing /building BATS. But if we get the Arctic Baroness and Dreadnoks from the Movie I am not complaining...lol!

kaljzl0824@yahoo.com
01-12-2017, 12:03 PM
FSS figs are inbound. Got mine today.

gjwermund@gmail.com
01-12-2017, 01:02 PM
Just got mine they look great

kelty11@verizon.net
01-12-2017, 01:47 PM
To me it sounds like BF2000 and Arctic Cobra

3 pack will probably be Blizzard, Sub-Zero, and SnowStorm or Battle Corps Iceberg

rjhiii@sover.net
01-12-2017, 01:49 PM
Keep in mind that wasn't Overkill a Talking "Battle" Commander line figure...

axonrey@gmail.com
01-12-2017, 02:09 PM
What was Cobra-La up to? With those spores? And wasn't CC "researching" them?

But it's probably just Rise of Cobra revisited.

rjhiii@sover.net
01-12-2017, 02:24 PM
Club already confirmed "Cobra La" was off the table for this year.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
01-12-2017, 03:38 PM
To me it sounds like BF2000 and Arctic Cobra

3 pack will probably be Blizzard, Sub-Zero, and SnowStorm or Battle Corps Iceberg

I really hope not. That would be the most expensive 3pack ever. Figures like that would be better in the FSS or club store.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
01-12-2017, 05:06 PM
Not sure BF2K is even "on the table" either, as the club has previously said existing molds could not be used to create the figures (at least as of a few years ago) and the vehicles were certainly off the table.

jimsnow70@aol.com
01-13-2017, 02:58 AM
I don't think I could take another Snow Cat repaint

wilsongj2002@hotmail.com
01-13-2017, 06:28 AM
I'm leaning to a cobra civil war theme with Serpentor based on the "research" comment in the last clue

j_yoders@hotmail.com
01-13-2017, 09:19 AM
I don't mind arctic as much as some other people but, sure, it'll be a disappointment. There are some from the Sunbow cartoon that haven't been made yet (Cobra Commander in a parka) that would look good next to the extreme conditions and snow serpents. I guess what I'm saying is, if they're matched with a good subgroup of Joes I wouldn't mind cold weather versions. If there's no sub-group and it's just cold-on-cold? Yeah, that wouldn't be worth the money.

I do think it's very possible that the word "cold" in the hint is a swerve referring to something other than arctic teams such as Cold Slither or the cold-blooded aspects of Cobra as an organization.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
01-13-2017, 12:34 PM
I do think it's very possible that the word "cold" in the hint is a swerve referring to something other than arctic teams such as Cold Slither or the cold-blooded aspects of Cobra as an organization.

Sure, cold could have other meanings, but the second clue used the word "chilling." This also could have multiple interpretations, but the simplest explanation for these two words together is cold weather. Unless they are trying to throw us off track on purpose. Hopefully we find out soon.
Right now I'm leaning toward the Joes (either BF2K or other arctic troopers with regular Joes in parkas mixed in) attacking a Cobra research base in Antarctica, or something like that.

axonrey@gmail.com
01-13-2017, 12:45 PM
I have faith the Club won't send us into the weekend without some manner of reveal...

jchayes01@yahoo.com
01-13-2017, 01:16 PM
### ### ###

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
01-13-2017, 05:19 PM
At this, the middle of the month with essentially two weeks (business days, that is) to go, I don't think we will see registration or reveals coming that quickly.

ATBotts78@gmail.com
01-13-2017, 05:24 PM
My guess is another week. Next Friday will be the 20th. That sounds about right. Plus the club magazine should be out by then too.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
01-13-2017, 07:00 PM
Yeah, a week-and-a-half tops. That would mean the magazine was out and they could start individual figure reveals in mid-February.

sheila4420@hotmail.com
01-13-2017, 11:27 PM
Got the first two fss 5 figures yesteready morning. They aren't two of my favorites but they look good. Can't wait to get the rest!

mutesquirrel@yahoo.com
01-14-2017, 07:30 AM
Never received any shipping emails, but also received the figs. The colors were thankfully muted and better than we saw in the preview page.

I plan to open these with my 5yo on MLK morning. I love showing him new figures to expand our universe.

ATBotts78@gmail.com
01-14-2017, 08:21 AM
Caesarmoo I am jealous. My twins are three years behind yours, but I plan to do the same thing with them. I want to teach them the filecards, create missions for them, and see which Joes they pick for each mission, and have them explain why they chose those specific characters.

mutesquirrel@yahoo.com
01-14-2017, 09:53 AM
Caesarmoo I am jealous. My twins are three years behind yours, but I plan to do the same thing with them. I want to teach them the filecards, create missions for them, and see which Joes they pick for each mission, and have them explain why they chose those specific characters.

I started at age 3.5 and with 1985 Optimus Prime and Soundwave.

The trick was putting them in his room, on a high shelf and making them "We play together only" toys. We spent time learning to not be destructive, crash without dropping/throwing, and gentle but fervent play. I then added in my few remaining Joes but only in O-Ring repair.

By the time he hit 4yo, he had full access to all my 80's bots and Joes without my steady eye. Only three crotches and one night landing accidentally broken in two years and lots of tears from him until I fixed/replaced.

I do not know if I'm doing it right or wrong, but that was my method. He has turned down the Silent Strike/HISS sealed box for a rough but complete (with chutes) Skystriker (proud moment, and we have the Silent now too). He loves modern, prefers 80s and wants to know the years of everything.

Also, I love that he does not equate NEW (items, packaging, etc) with BETTER.

I'm sure other parents on here have other methods but mine's worked for my dude.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
01-14-2017, 10:56 AM
I hope my future kids will appreciate this hobby as much as I do.

mutesquirrel@yahoo.com
01-14-2017, 11:03 AM
i also forgot to mention. Equipment and Weapons are off-limits for car rides and travel. Figures only.

kelty11@verizon.net
01-14-2017, 11:41 AM
At this, the middle of the month with essentially two weeks (business days, that is) to go, I don't think we will see registration or reveals coming that quickly.

Why is registration starting so early this year? March is a much better timeframe.

jrgrfg@aol.com
01-14-2017, 08:52 PM
I hope my future kids will appreciate this hobby as much as I do.

I hope the same about my future kids because my present kids do not. I have three boys and no matter what I do they have no appreciation for Joes. So hope you have better luck.

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
01-15-2017, 11:00 AM
Got mine yesterday

autobotcitycomics@hotmail.com
01-15-2017, 12:29 PM
I cant wait much longer in finding out about joecon 2017 you guys are killing me

ATBotts78@gmail.com
01-15-2017, 10:21 PM
Any day now. I'm thinking big things by this coming Friday.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
01-15-2017, 11:49 PM
I hope the same about my future kids because my present kids do not. I have three boys and no matter what I do they have no appreciation for Joes. So hope you have better luck.

I'm watching my nephews closely. I hope they get into it. With no children of my own and the prospect of having them looking slim, I will likely see the nephews inherit my o-ring sets while I continue to expand the Modern Era as long as Hasbro and FunPub let me do it.

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
01-16-2017, 09:49 AM
So with a lot of the country stuck in a winter storm with nowhere to go today, we sure could use a reveal or another hint to talk about.

etquick2003@yahoo.com
01-16-2017, 10:16 PM
It's really exciting to see some people getting theirs. My first figures haven't come yet and today was a holiday with no mail. I'm enjoying the discussion from Abernathy, Crimson officer, caesarmoo, and Formulaz1 on introducing to a new generation. My boys are 6 and 10 and usually treat the figures well. They found my 80s figures in the garage when they were looking for something else. They see the care I take of mine and do well taking care of theirs. Many weapons I will put into a Ziploc bag and they have to put them back. Their favorites are most of mine which is really interesting. My older one is building shelves to display on for them both now.

ATBotts78@gmail.com
01-17-2017, 09:28 AM
TrooperTrailer,

That's really cool about the shelf building. I'm costantly torn on the best way to display while protecting from dust. I have a bunch in an 8 foot tall sliding door cabinet I bought for large statue displays, but they ones in the back rows aren't getting the prominent display I'd like. There's a guy on e-bay who sells these easy wall mount cases that are supposedly air tight for $100 a piece. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I might. People on here have bad reviews for the Apex cases that Smalljoes.com sell, stating the covers came scratched or foggy. So I never tried those. I'm also considering those air tight cases you put an official sized autographed football helmet in, because of the hexagonal shape and you can stack them if necessary.

mutesquirrel@yahoo.com
01-17-2017, 09:51 PM
It's really exciting to see some people getting theirs. My first figures haven't come yet and today was a holiday with no mail. I'm enjoying the discussion from Abernathy, Crimson officer, caesarmoo, and Formulaz1 on introducing to a new generation. My boys are 6 and 10 and usually treat the figures well. They found my 80s figures in the garage when they were looking for something else. They see the care I take of mine and do well taking care of theirs. Many weapons I will put into a Ziploc bag and they have to put them back. Their favorites are most of mine which is really interesting. My older one is building shelves to display on for them both now.

So you are able to force a separation between Yours and Theirs? Interesting. Mine are his now and our new stuff is his. I like the idea of a separate pile, but I also like the idea of my Joes and TFs getting real kid play time.

I recently picked up 35 vehicles and a case of 50 figs and have hid them. I'll be pulling them out one at a time and he'll help me clean and determine any damage, missing pieces, etc. Once it's in order, it'll go right to his shelving, slotted for future adventures.

The only things we haven't opened are the South American figs (Satan and Ninja-Ku) that I've had for awhile. Can't decide to follow a route similar to Abernathy, sell them, or finish the natural bubble degradation and just open them. The kid asks weekly to open them up.

ATBotts78@gmail.com
01-18-2017, 08:51 AM
Fifty Figures! He's gonna have "New Mission Day," once a week for a lot of weeks with that many new troops to design platoons with! His mind will be blown. Congratulations on "Dad of the Year," in your son's eyes. Yo Joe!

ATBotts78@gmail.com
01-18-2017, 08:54 AM
...Also addressing Fun Pub:
Dear Admin, it's Wednesday. If I'm not mistaken, I think I see a club Reveal announcement on Friday's Horizon? Am I mistaken?

autobotcitycomics@hotmail.com
01-18-2017, 11:53 AM
Why wait till Friday how about today

ATBotts78@gmail.com
01-19-2017, 07:38 AM
36 hours or less...the anticipation is overwhelming.

axonrey@gmail.com
01-19-2017, 07:58 AM
Theme reveal today, first figure reveal tomorrow?

dgmgundam@yahoo.com
01-19-2017, 10:15 AM
I would like to understand the production issue the factory had with regards to FSS 5 and how will this issue effect the final figures?

etquick2003@yahoo.com
01-21-2017, 12:05 PM
Caesarmoo, I split between what my boys can touch now and figures that have to wait or are just for display because they cost a bunch. I figure that way they learn to take care of the figures that they have access to and learn to take care of them. They have other toys to play with so I'm not worried about having some that are for display only, especially with the price tag of some ME figs.

manolive@hotmail.com
01-21-2017, 08:24 PM
Ha HA!

I told you all that "calculating" was the clue and called robuts first! All though credit to Duffmann for getting the whole thing figured.

ATBotts78@gmail.com
01-21-2017, 10:56 PM
I am so pumped up about this BattleForce 2000 announcement. I can't wait to see what figure reveals come this week. I can't wait to see Blocker and Dodger. This whole set is going to be awesome!

mutesquirrel@yahoo.com
01-22-2017, 11:16 AM
Caesarmoo, I split between what my boys can touch now and figures that have to wait or are just for display because they cost a bunch. I figure that way they learn to take care of the figures that they have access to and learn to take care of them. They have other toys to play with so I'm not worried about having some that are for display only, especially with the price tag of some ME figs.

Nice way about it.
I've been working on a display for my '82 figs. Once I finish that, I'll move them from play to display.

kuukuuson@hotmail.com
01-23-2017, 10:13 PM
Battle Force 2000 sounds exciting and Maverick looks pretty good.

If it's not too late, I would suggest the stands be a more digital blue that reflects the digi camo specifically used on BF2K. The biggest reason being is the club has established a green close enough to what is shown to be Oktober Guard and I would think the two put close together on the shelf would look too similar.

Thanks.

manolive@hotmail.com
01-23-2017, 11:57 PM
Battle Force 2000 sounds exciting and Maverick looks pretty good. If it's not too late, I would suggest the stands be a more digital blue that reflects the digi camo specifially used on BF2K. The biggest reason being is the club has established a green close enough to what is shown to be Oktober Guard and I would think the two put close together on the shelf would look too similar. Thanks.

Great idea! I think a metallic blue would be amazing. Although I'm wondering if it's already too late in the game to make changes. We've got to remember they're shipping from China in the next month or 2 to make sure they're here in time to take to Florida. So they're probably already in production. I suppose anything is possible so let's keep our fingers crossed!

iamcanadian@sasktel.net
01-24-2017, 08:59 AM
I really hope all the figures are revealed before registration starts.

kelty11@verizon.net
01-24-2017, 10:43 AM
How come the figures aren't being revealed on the club forum as they were in the past? Otherwise we have to keep navigating to the Con page to see them.

Registration can't start without a brochure or some other type of listing of sets and events.

rjhiii@sover.net
01-24-2017, 11:23 AM
How come the figure aren't being revealed on the club forum as they were in the past. Otherwise we have to keep navigating to the Con page to see them.

And why doesn't the Club utilize its Facebook Presence? With 17,500 people liking the page is is probably their best marketing tool into the GI Joe community and way to attract potential new members. I never understood that. Twitter is a pitiful platform for them and they put more effort into that with the 2,000 people following vs the 17,500 people that clicked liked and could be reached through a small dollar marketing campaign.

boudro72@yahoo.com
01-24-2017, 11:42 AM
And why doesn't the Club utilize its Facebook Presence? With 17,500 people liking the page is is probably their best marketing tool into the GI Joe community and way to attract potential new members. I never understood that. Twitter is a pitiful platform for them and they put more effort into that with the 2,000 people following vs the 17,500 people that clicked liked and could be reached through a small dollar marketing campaign.
LOT of people keep asking that....

kelty11@verizon.net
01-24-2017, 03:50 PM

All reveals should be posted simultaneously on FB and the Club homepage. I'd like to see everyone's comments about each character as they are revealed. The vast majority of comments over the last few years have been positive for each reveal.

rjhiii@sover.net
01-24-2017, 04:25 PM
The reveals build excitement, you will always have the trolls but in general momentum can be built through the reveals. And the tools with the broadest reach possible are the most effective.

Looks like they are using the Con FB page and the Club FB page to promote the second reveal...

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
02-05-2017, 08:38 AM
Are the female Cobra trooper 3 packs going to be available before Joecon, or at Joecon?

Anything on Heartwrencher?