PDA

View Full Version : IDW: Revolution comics

ATBotts78@gmail.com
12-29-2016, 07:49 PM
The Revolution thing....sigh...how many years of knock-off Avengers Marvel Film Universe Hasbro are we going to have to endure, before the IDW Joe Verse becomes purely GI Joe again? I only ask because I'm trying to gauge how many years until I have more than just Hama's ARAH. Man I miss the days of three exclusively GI Joe books a month. You had the Hama Book, The Costa Cobra Book, and the main IDW Joe verse Book. Man I miss it. Now Rock N Roll wears skater pants, Chuck Taylor Converse Sneakers, fights Aliens, Transformers, and will soon be singing with Gem and the Holograms with opening act Matt Trakker. Goodbye Krake and Mad Monk, we hardly knew ye, but we mourn your disappearance and along with it, the emergence of Visionaries vs GI Joe. Ugh.

axonrey@gmail.com
12-30-2016, 09:17 AM
I read about 4 pages of it and just wasn't feeling it. I think those pages was enough to sum up everything that's going to be wrong with this iteration, at least to my tastes.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
12-30-2016, 10:40 AM
Tried to read first issue. Couldn't. Entire storylines of what they were doing in Transformers were ignored. They killed Galvatron in the regular transformers comic then there he was, alive and well, in Revolution.

kelty11@verizon.net
12-30-2016, 12:00 PM
Completely agree. Revolution was awful!!. the MASK series is off to a good start, but I haven't read GI JOE #1 yet. I still prefer the Larry Hama storyline at this point.

Right now I feel really bad for TF fans- their club is gone and God knows what Hasbro is planning.

Happy New Year:)

j_yoders@hotmail.com
12-30-2016, 05:19 PM
Close to dropping the remaining TF IDW title. It has its moments but they're just too few and far between. The already canceled "more than meets in the eye" title was good with lots of spacefaring storylines and even Megatron as an autobot was just starting to get good (they tricked him into believing he'd been fueled with fool's energon to make him more docile) when it was canceled. They had set the stage for Megatron to go back to leading the decepticons and then... nothing.

Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu
12-30-2016, 05:26 PM
Is the ARAH title done? Again?

ATBotts78@gmail.com
12-30-2016, 08:19 PM
No, Hama's ARAH is still going, it just went back to monthly as opposed to the twice a month it had been doing during Cobra World Order.

bdwhite79@gmail.com
12-31-2016, 01:08 PM
Thank goodness!!! I was actually wondering the same thing! Thanks Abernathy!! I really enjoy Hama's ARAH stories...

Arbrias@hotmail.com
12-31-2016, 01:35 PM
They've rebranded it as Transformers "Lost Light". Same story and writer, just a new title.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
12-31-2016, 05:42 PM
But isn't it like half the cast? I thought Megatron and Rodimus weren't going to be in it and they were, honestly, the only ones I really tuned in for.

kelty11@verizon.net
01-01-2017, 11:44 AM
I personally don't mind crossovers if they work. But this crossover seems very forced. I still think that GI Joe might be better off with Marvel/Disney. Maybe we'd get some really good Joe comics from Marvel (Hickman, Remender, Brubaker, Aaron, Way, and Hama). In my opinion only Jonathan Hickman could pull off a TF/Joe comic.

Arbrias@hotmail.com
01-01-2017, 04:10 PM
Right now it's only half the cast, but it's the half that was left with Megatron & Rodimus at the end of MTMTE. Issue one is already out, go give it a try :)

IDW has a 5 page preview if you want to check it out: https://www.idwpublishing.com/product/transformers-lost-light-1/

mutesquirrel@yahoo.com
01-02-2017, 01:36 AM
I've dutifully bought all of the titles and the trade sized kick off. I've read it all. Even though it seems to have released in a jumbled order, so my reading retread a few things. It's not good. It's the worst Scarlet that I think I've ever read.

It's no wonder my home shop has three pull box copies and two shelf copies a month.

I've tried to not complain because at least there's Joe titles being made - but seeing everyone here lamenting the titles as well has me feeling talkative. How does one vote with their dollars when the whole franchise seems so fragile these days?

kelty11@verizon.net
01-02-2017, 12:30 PM
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the portrayal of Scarlet was terrible. She appeared to a trigger happy, murderous, psychopath. Throughout the series she is basically condoning the capture, torture and dissection of various Transformers.

Also, the Sgt. Savage mini-comic in Joe #1 is bizarre. The bagged issue costs $5 extra for this. IDW could have easily included this story as a bonus in the regular edition of the comic. I wonder if IDW and Hasbro are going to be introducing elements of Savage and Extreme into the new continuity?

mutesquirrel@yahoo.com
01-02-2017, 12:39 PM
Read GIJoe #1 (Reconstruction) this morning. More of the same. I abandoned it about 16 pages in. The only part that was good was Rock & Roll asking Skywarp for a ride. Those three panels made me laugh. Otherwise - terrible.

I'm sure Aubrey Sitterson and Giannis Milonogiannis are fine creators of other things, but this wasn't good.